Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday June 6

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Monday and welcome to a new week! It is another gorgeously sunny day and I am going to take advantage since it will rain over the next 3 days. I have to get back on track, though, since the last few weeks have thrown my "schedule" 100% off-kilter. My "schedule" has always been more than a bit precarious but the homefront situation totally blew out of the water, didn't it?

My house is tidied again, although I wouldn't call it clean and scrubbed. My yard, on the other hand, is lookin' good! :D Tif found his planter again and I disturbed a garter snake in the backyard when I was weeding between some rocks. He must have a little den underneath the slate. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye but nothing was there when I looked. Went back to weeding, saw the movement again, and there he was, sticking his head out from under the rocks. He looked sleepy so I weeded in another area instead. ;)

Gary is unmasked today and I already gave him big hugs! Ahhh, that felt good! My family is *big* on hugging. Just in case you couldn't tell. LOL
I can spend extra time outside this afternoon since I have enough leftovers so I don't have to cook dinner. Caitlyn is off to her first day of work, not sure when she will be home, so dinner will be based on that.

Wow, my brain is literally allll over the place here, hope you were able to follow along for the ride.
XOXOXO!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes that is wonderful news that the cooling unit is helping. My dad got one after his shoulder replacement, he should get that out and ready for his hip (OMG, that is is two days!!!!)
Also, that is good news that the AC is ready to roll. Hopefully, you won't have too many brownouts to worry about.
yeah, my dad isn't one who likes to be kept down and not driving for that long will make him and my mom bonkers. She drove around town a couple of times last week so that was a relief.

@Cherylndesigns when was the last time you were up at 7 am? #dk
It is going to be fab for Asher to have the family hanging with him (keeping him on the straight and narrow too!) I bet the "big kids" won't take sass either. You have an awesome family.
Oh no!! adrienne took a nap and left the water running! Weren't you relieved when you realize it was human error and not the well going dry?
Good luck and have fun at Camp today, Asher!

@bcgal00 Wonderful that your DD and GDD came to visit. Are they farther from you now or closer?
I think we have one or two episodes of this season of Stranger Things left until the next section of the season in July. Are you liking it? Gary hates it, Cait isn't all that thrilled. I am neither loving nor hating it. Nothing will compare to season 1.
Jen's apt sounds utterly perfect for you all- including the dogs (truly, the most important metric LOL)

@taxed4ever Any luck seeing the sun yesterday? I am glad that you enjoyed the movie, sounds like a nice date, even if you were drooling over Tom Cruise :)
Fab news that you ordered the one screen and hope you are able to find the kind you need for the rest of the windows

@tanteva I am with you, Tom Cruise and Kevin Costner are both in that same bucket.

@felis my BFF is like that, she will procrastinate about something and then gets it done in half the time and twice as better as I could. She started her career as a journalist and worked on deadlines. I was a preschool teacher where you need lots of preparation and then the flexibility to throw it out the window at the very last minute.
Sandy/gritty eyes, I know what you mean, allergies will do that to mine too. Hope that cat cuddling helped you feel better!

love to you all

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I'll hop in the shower in a minute and then head out for a morning photo walk for a few hours. Have to take out some beef for dinner. Might make a meatloaf, haven't made that in a long time. I'll make cauli mash to go with it.

@faerywings How good it must feel to be able to hug everyone again! Krystal is about 2.5 hrs away. She is going to come back out soon for a wkend now that she has a new job where she gets the wkends off. She has always worked Sat and sometimes Sun so visiting was tricky with her. As for Stranger Things, I like it. Nothing compares to S1 but I still love it. I especially loved episode 7. Can't wait to see it continue in July.

Gotta go, I want to get out for my walk soon.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone! Well its not raining for a change LOL. It is cloudy and the house seems very cool, but the room temperature is saying its nice and warm?? Must just be me. Yesterday was busy as I got all of my cleaning done and all of my laundry too. Made some Keto egg muffins for DH and some Keto Cinnamon Streusel Egg Loaf Muffins. He really likes both recipes! I usually do not eat breakfast, but will have one of these once in awhile for something different for my brunch. They are surprisingly filling! The sun did come out for a bit yesterday and I started the deadheading of my Rhodos and Azaleas :( it is sad that they don't bloom all that long. They sure are beautiful this year though and one of the guys on my hiking group (who is a Rhodo expert) says it is because of all the rain we have had. They just love all that water. Today the house is quiet and I don't have too much to do besides work on a layout or two. I really should be painting a commission piece that SIL's boyfriend wants me to do, we will see how my morning goes.

@faerywings - Yikes your Dad's surgery is in 2 days?? Sure hope all goes well for him and that he doesn't drive your Mom crazy during his recovery!! How nice that you are getting the sunny weather! Is it still humid for you? Heather and Jonah have rain fall warnings in their area today. I hope that you are enjoying some more dirt therapy today! How nice that your frog friend has returned and now you have a snake friend too! I am not afraid of snakes although sometimes they kind of surprise you when they suddenly move where you are gardening. How great is it to get to hug each other again! Wow Cait is starting her first day of work, that is wonderful! I sure hope that she is feeling 100% again. Enjoy your sunny day today!

@bcgal00 - As I check the weather for Kamloops it looks like mostly cloudy today, but nice temps!! Perfect for your photo walk this morning! I hope you are able to find lots of great subjects to get your photos taken! Mmmmm meatloaf sounds yummy! I haven't made that for a long time either. How wonderful to have the visit with your daughter and granddaughter! Nice that they will be able to have weekend visits now too! I think that your move to Kamloops was the perfect choice for your family! I am so happy for you!

BTW @felis - The screen door is to keep the bugs out of the house and let the fresh air in. Here is a link to the one we ordered and will have installed https://www.phantomscreens.com/lp-r...E1vvGNF4V6jelQE8piIzjXuKChE8AroBoCZuQQAvD_BwE

Ok its time to get in the shower and get on with my morning, hopefully I will have some mojo to get a layout or two done today! Have a lovely day everyone!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
No photo walk today. I can't believe I didn't charge up any batteries. So now the batteries are charged and I'll be ready to head out tomorrow morning bright and early. So that is ok. I can wait until tomorrow :)

@taxed4ever I miss my rhodie bushes. It is a shame they don't bloom long, I agree. I'm going to check that recipe out.

@felis We used to have the sliding screen on our kitchen door in the old house and it was perfect for keeping Noel (Jen's cat) in the kitchen. He would sit there and stare out at the birds on the porch for hours.

Ok, time to get back to chores, scrapping and hanging out with the dogs. We'll go to the dog park later this afternoon.

LSlycord

Well...it's after 6 pm so I'm a little slow getting here today. We started the morning with coffee on the lanai. And a text from Shaun who went into work early. He wanted to know if his tetanus shot was up to date. I answered that all of his shots were current. Then I asked why. That was mistake number 1. He got bit by a dog. I asked if he washed it with soap and water and put neosporin on it. He did. Then I looked up tetanus shots...if you get a dog bite and it has been 5 years plus, you need to get a shot. Work wanted to know if he wanted to do workman's comp. I said it wasn't necessary.

Back on the 1st of March, Shaun switched doctors. It was while we were trying to figure out the UTI stuff and we switched his family practice doctor. By the 10th of March, that doctor had quit. That doctor is a 35 minute drive through traffic. So I told him to go to the pharmacy. Guess what, they wouldn't take insurance. And that cost $105.

And then I walked away from the computer and didn't finish this post. Good grief. However, since it is now Tuesday, I'm going to try for a better start. LOL

Hope everything is good on your end.