Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, July 26

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey there, O-Fam! How are you all, did everyone have a wonderful weekend?
the Christmas party was so much fun, my BFF decorated the deck with garland and bows, even put up a small Christmas tree. She took a bunch of photos (I didn't take one), including one of the kids pretending to choke each other. We have no idea how that got started but it has become a Christmas Eve Tradition. Gary was able to come with us which was perfect. :)
The weather stayed dry but it was humid- weird having pics by a Christmas tree and everyone is sweaty. LOL

Cait had a mental breakdown (this is normal for her) when she was getting ready. Tom was still here and he got a *lot* of brownie points on how he handled it. First, he checked in with Scott and Leah to have them run it to me that she was running late. Then when he came downstairs a little later, I asked how she was and when he told me what he said to her- sheesh- I couldn't have done better myself. But coming from the BF, not the mom- it had to make so much more of an impact. You wouldn't guess by looking at him, but he is one of the kindest people I know.

Today is going to be busy with food shopping prep and Theme night. Wed is the next one but we are going for a Low-key party. It is Space Ball...The Movie. :p I am also plugging along with recopying everything over to the new folder/drive in ACDsee. So far, it is working. *knocks wood some more*

have a fantastic Monday!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@nancyr Such a nice family weekend after a really fab vacation, and so much food! LOL
Hope that DH is feeling better today. Allergies are bad here, I hope that is all it is for him. I can see my kids getting that app and laughing nonstop over it.

@Cherylndesigns I probablyyy shouldn't tell you this... but Tom found the spider in seconds and the bat right after. It has to be his tattoo artist eye that picked out so fast. ;)
The car "what ifs" are terrifying and I hope that the mind tricks (absolutely not the right words but I hope YKWIM) slow down soon. I know when my brain gets caught in the loop I make myself into a mess.
I cannot imagine the shape that the car is in-- and you said it is new?? ugh...... Will insurance cover the repairs?
Tell Adrienne and the family that I am thinking of them and sending hugs. Hang in there

ACK! Just saw the last line about paying impound. *mad face*

Kay- those freezer meals come in handy. I hope that you are feeling a lot better today.

felis

Hello lovelies!
The weather made another twist and today is unpleasant hot. So I'm spending my day unraveling yarn on the shadow inside. Will come with a regular post later, but I know that Chris will want to see this. I was waiting until Monday so to restart my mood and do it at week charged with a positive energy.
y1.jpgy2.jpg

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Haven't done much today, and it's almost 5pm here. I've been scrapping & going through the gallery. 2 loads of laundry and dinner, that's about it. Just nice to be home and take it easy.

This week I work Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Two Saturdays in July - hoping that will show when I get paid. LOL Told Urban yesterday - I'm probably the only person in the world who is working, and have absolutely NO clue how much I will get paid. I just go there and hope to be lucky. LOL

It's too hot again. At 2am, I woke, and felt like dying! Went downstairs and slept the rest of the night on the sofa. Will get cooler, and we'll get some rain on Wednesday. Can't wait!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had a busy wkend with the telus internet/tv/phone switchover. There were some problems but thankfully it looks like everything is up and running now. Jen & I took the dogs to a new park that is just a 10 min drive away that I'd never been to before. What a great experience for the dogs. It's off leash, there is a big trail to walk for about an hour that loops back around to the start by the parking lot. There is a fenced dog park in one area and drinking water for the dogs. We met so many others out walking their dogs so we'd stop and let the dogs all play for a bit before carrying on. One woman joined us with her 2 dogs and walked the whole loop with us so the 5 dogs all ran and played together for an hour. We'll be going back there often. It is shaded with dense tree cover so is perfect for summer walks to stay cool.

Today is a bit busy b/c I've got some backlog from losing almost 2 days of work with the switchover in internet but it's not as bad as I thought it would be so that's good. It just means there is more backlog coming later throughout the week but spacing it out over a few days is preferable. I really thought today was going to be a nightmare.

Watched the first season of Loki with D this wkend (6 episodes) and really liked it.

Remi is calling me to go out so I'd better take care of her and then get to work.

@faerywings sounds like you had a fun time. You always come up with such fun activities at home.

Have a good day everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello lovelies O's.

We're settling in finally - Adrienne was a lot better yesterday. It paid off for all of us to be together. I had my "Chitlins" all there (I've called them that their whole lives LOL). We went to Roger's mom's 75th birthday party. Just getting into a new setting helped us get our minds out of "that dark place". I have to say that everybody (us) was a little subdued, which is rare for us. Poor little Ava was trying to be all bouncy and cheerful, she's the glue sometimes.

They did get the car back and it's a mess. I guess the whole mess ended up costing them a little more than $400. That just infuriates me that they had to pay and yes, I'm sure insurance will pay for it. It's a new car, but she says she can't even stand to look at it right now. Roger drove it home from Tulsa and she drove his truck. It's in their garage and she can't even look at it. She's in denial right now. I will definitely give her your regards.

Chris @faerywings did you just have a Christmas party (one of your theme parties) or did you have a family Christmas picture taken? I missed this somehow. I hope you don't think I was negative about Tom! Piercings and tats do NOT bother me at all! I only have one tat, but my family all has them. Most of them are hidden, though. One of our new family members has beautiful tats all over her arms and legs. I wish I was that brave - my one small one was bad enough, but I DO want another one. I don't think I've ever done a layout with Ava and my tats. I just did one for another board. There was a challenge that was perfect for it. Her tat says "enjoy the little things" and it's in my handwriting. I've always told the kids that and she wanted it on her arm! She's SO sweet. You mentioned the kids pretending to choke each other. I have so many pictures just like that. Our families must be a lot alike. I KNOW we're a bunch of goofballs.

That stinker Tom - it HAS to be his tattoo eye! I found everything but the bat very quickly. Stephanie and I used to play Where's Waldo for hours on end and I think I've gotten a bit rusty. You HAVE to get one of those Magic Eye books! You would all love those! Sounds like he passed a "test" yesterday! Yay for that!

Hope everybody is doing well. I'm moving slow but at least I'm moving, right? Hahaha

I just finished one LO for a pre-release and want to do another one. I finished it last night and wanted to sleep on it and look at it with fresh eyes today. I moved a few things around. I always do.

Hugs to all and waving all around!

nancyr

good evening - got lots of scrapping done. Best is I got a whole folder of photos from the others on the trip so I cant wait to get started on those. Been watching the Olympics. For some reason this is not the same and I think the time gap is so off that you get the results before they show the event. Maybe also that there are no spectators. My DH was off to the doctor due to his cough. They have no idea why? Did X-ray and his lungs are clear. They just say allergies. He was tested for Covid as we just came back from Florida but again he was negative which is good as he is vaccinated.

@faerywings Chris I saw some of the photos from your Christmas party in July on FaceBook and looks like fun! Good luck with grocery shopping etc. Glad that Tom is working out so well!

@bcgal00 Rae sounds like you found an awesome park for the dogs. And shaded makes it really nice. How fun. Glad your internet is connected. Good luck with backlog!

@tanteva Eva yes you must be one of the few who does not know what their pay check should be LOL. Sorry it got so hot you had to go down stairs. We are getting the heat tomorrow. But then it should cool down once storms roll through.

@felis felis so sorry you are dealing with heat. hope it gets better soon.

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl so glad you had a party to go to take you minds from the theft. I would not be able to look at it either! good to have Ava!

Waving to all!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@nancyr Hope DH is feeling better. I think it was Chris who mentioned that she had read an article, something like this: we've been sanitizing & keeping distance so much the last year, our immune system is totally off, and we get sicker than usual for even the simplest things. I haven't seen any of the Olympics, since Discovery bought the rights here in Sweden, and I don't have their channels.

felis

I'm totally out of any organized schedule, but who cares! Monday was just awesome! I don't know do you have some celebrity crush, but you definitely should! Every time when mine post something it's like a bless from the sky! Such a mood booster!
As I shown above I spend the hot part of the day unraveling all the big parts from the sweater. And I'm so satisfied from this successful online shopping, that I can't stop repeat it :) !!! Then after the usual daily chore, just a lovely relaxing evening in collecting seeds from the flowers that are already overblown. I officially promise to not complain from the expensive price for the small seed packs anymore! It's so delicate and time consuming action! But the evening brings some heat relief and the whole situation was so calming and chill. I was collecting seeds till kiddos was playing around, bless! I needs more summer days like this!

Now, I'll try to post personals before my sister to calls me, please excuse me if I'm not be able! Love you all and wish you fabulous day!

Chris, the Christmas party sounds so fun! Sorry to hear that Cait have a difficult moment! But so cute that Tom is so supportive person and he was not scared away!

Eva, it must be so it must be so liberating to not have to care how much you will be paid!? I'm happy for you darling! Hope the weather to cools a little bit for you too!

Nancy, hope that your husband is feeling better by now! I don't watch the Olympics just the results. Your albums are always so lovely, do you plan to make some as a Christmas gift for the others? See because of Chris I already think for Christmas. :D

Cheryl, if it's possible maybe it's better to sell that car and the bad emotion associated with it. It's so sad that this ruined the lovely emotion from the Roger's mom's Birthday! She definitely don't deserve that!

Rae, friends of mine make just an amazing Loki drawings. But be careful SPOILERS! I learned the story before to have chance to watch it, and definitely can't wait! Loki is always been in my favorites!

Last edited: