Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, January 17

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Well now, I can't complain that it is as cold as it had been the last few mornings. It is 35* warmer today than it was yesterday at the same time. But I *can* complain about the 4-5" of wet sloppy slush on the ground. It is gonna be a mess to get rid of this. I had to take W out around 5 am and all I could do was groan at it. At least it is above freezing. *mutters that again and again*

I had to laugh and screenshot this- I was looking at the weather map when I did a double-take. You know how I say that my town's weather patterns are all weird and that "up the mountain" is a specific local vernacular? Check out the map! I have never seen this on any map before and this was on my MSN homepage. I guess that means it is official. hahaha!

1642420850183.png

I pretty much puttered about yesterday. I made Vegan Breadsticks (Olive Garden Copycat) for dinner. I didn't have much in the house to feed Tom so I did spaghetti and jarred sauce with lots of breadsticks on the side.
And go me, I finally redid my siggie and my old avatar photo.

It should be quiet today, other than scooping out the snow/slush mess and some laundry. I don't have a lot to work on. I get so darn bored with myself this time of year. I have projects that I *could* work on, but who wants to clean out and organize the coat closet? It is built underneath the stairs so it goes waaaay back and we have so much crap shoved in it. Do I really want to do take it all out? Of course not. Then I have to figure out what to*do* with the stuff and then put it back in.
No way. Not doing it today.
*shakes head*

So what *will* I do today?
95% chance I will spend hours untangling a ball of yarn.

o_O o_O o_O
:D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord The last time we were in Disney (2010) it rained like that for several days. Everyone was saying how unusual that was, normally it would be a quick heavy rainstorm, and then blue skies again. It must have sounded very relaxing while you were watching it. I bet you didn't miss that snowfall back h9ome. That would be wonderful to go home with Sydney to see her old friends
I could never do what your kids do- I would get too attached to the dogs as well. At least she can't come home every day asking to adopt them. That is a big reason I stay away from volunteering at my town's shelter LOL

@Kythe I have recipes stored all over the place on my computer, but if you are ever looking for something, ask away. I probably have it bookmarked- somewhere ;)

@Cherylndesigns I was so surprised to see pics of snow from all over the south. Will it all melt soon?
TY for liking my LO. What I have been doing when I make clusters is to drag a cluster off of a template and onto a new file in PS. That gives me an idea of where to place things. When I have it looking like a cluster, I drag it onto the LO and then keep moving stuff around some more. It helps me get back the mental block of it. Whatever works, right? :)

"Good" news on the Covid cases-- NJ and NY cases are plummeting. I mean, still ridiculously high but coming down just as fast as it had gone up. We were the first area to get hit with Omicron so I guess it is working its way to the rest of the country. If you all can stay as isolated as you can for a few weeks, it is going to be better by then. Around the holidays, it was non-stop news of people we knew getting sick, which is slowing down too.
Be safe, my friends

ETA: Just read this article... might be a more realistic outlook on the decline of cases. I wouldn't feel right just giving anecdotal info if there was a better-referenced article around fo perspective

@tanteva I thought I felt the earth rumble under my feet, you are back! :D
I hear ya on the not sleeping, I am going through a rough(ish) patch again too. Not as bad as December but not good either. Sometimes you need to pull back, relax, and spend 2 weeks untangling one ball of yarn. (At least, that is what I am telling myself)
Good thoughts to you and your sleep and the hot flashes. High five and getting a page done too!

@bcgal00 I can't imagine how sad it will be to leave the house where you're at now. It really is so beautiful. But maybe you will end up somewhere just as pretty and have different wildlife to photograph and enjoy. Is the place you are going to a city? Will you be able to live in the suburbs?
That is really smart to wait on the new exercises. The last thing you want to do is not be at 100% - with three dogs to contend with. Bella sounds like she is a piece of work! How is Jen holding up with all of this? Please tell her that we are all thinking of her and B, sending our love to you all

@mom2triplets04 Do you have Hulu? Is season 2 of DoW on there? That is how we watched it, we don't have the channel that airs it first. I think that is where we watched seasons 1-2...
We have Netflix/Prime/Hulu and that is more $$ than we can really afford, but we don't go anywhere or do anything (even before Covid we were homebodies) so that is how we justify it.
Did you get any snow or mostly rain overnight?

@tanteva Hahahah!! Hope you didn't have any cows flying past your window!

@BrightEyes Wish I lived closer and could run over to help you. You must be wiped out. I hope this week is a much better one for you

Hugs to you all!

Last edited:

LSlycord

Good morning. It is cold here—43 but feels like 33*. It was so windy that we got lots of leaves in the pool so that will need extra attention today if it warms up.

Everyone Is home today. No work and no school, except for Sydney who works this afternoon. If we weren’t on this dumb diet I would have cooked bacon and eggs and French toast for breakfast. Which may be the reason that we are doing the diet. LOL

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well, I guess I'm back to normal. I feel better, and I've been scrapping all morning. Made 4 layouts today! Well, 1 was almost done already, but I finished it today. It was for the progressive scrap challenge at JA. In a way, I hate progressive scrap challenges, and in another way I love it. I do not like that I don't have control from the beginning - like in this case: I didn't know what elements I would be able to use in advance, and even in the first step, which photo(s) I would use. But on the other hand - it's a challenge to take the steps, without really knowing what will happen in the next step. And every time, there's something unexpected that happens. I'm not 100% happy with the layout, but it was fun.

I really should do some decluttering today since nothing happened with that for a couple of days. Only thing ... I know what I really need to do on that front first - and boy, do I dread it! I need to sort and declutter the food pantry. I do have it organized, but there are stuff that's probably expired beyond saving in there, and it's been a while since I really did something in there, I'm sure stuff are misplaced. But I ordered some food on-line yesterday, and I really would need to go through what I have in order to get room for the new stuff.

It's a web shop here in Sweden, that I use a lot. The business idea is that they buy stuff from other stores and food manufacturers that are close to expiry date, or maybe the factory is changing the packaging or labels or something, or maybe there are minor errors made in production (like candy that don't have the exact right shape). Any way, this is food that would normally go to waste. Then this web shop buys it instead and sells it cheaper. We shop there a lot - like canned stuff, pasta, snacks, candy, condiments, soda and so on. You never know what they have, since it depends on what they have been able to buy, that's part of the fun. Did get some really nice stuff yesterday, and hoping to get it before Friday, when it's time for "fredagsmys".

If you never heard about the Swedish word "fredagsmys"- here's an article:

LSlycord

@faerywings well I can’t say Syd never wants to adopt a dog. Some people leave their dogs and never come back. I was so shocked. Yesterday she said that she wore her hair down most of the day at work. Usually it’s in a pony but a Great Dane came up behind her and jumped on her back and pulled the pony out. I asked if that didn’t frighten her and she said no because Great Danes are so docile and this Great Dane has 3 other Great Danes at home. And I think I live in chaos.

@Cherylndesigns Im hoping that things change with this virus soon and we get another breather where we don’t have to feel stressed about flying. I am going to order some new masks this week since they are saying that the N95 is better than what we have worn. Hope Roger’s trip is an easy one.

@tanteva so glad to have you back. Hopefully the sleep will settle for you soon. Those hot flashes are no joke!

@bcgal00 you do have the most beautiful wildlife photos. Hopefully you can feed birds at the new place to replicate your river wildlife.

@BrightEyes my suggestion is to take your time on everything. It will still be there when you feel like it.

LSlycord

@tanteva it sounds like you really got back into it with the scrapping! You go girl! I tried that progressive scrapping challenge but on the 3rd day, the instructions really messed up my layout after what I had done before so I quit. Next month. Lol

tanteva

@tanteva it sounds like you really got back into it with the scrapping! You go girl! I tried that progressive scrapping challenge but on the 3rd day, the instructions really messed up my layout after what I had done before so I quit. Next month. Lol
Let me guess: framing a blended photo? Was really weird, but I cheated a bit and added a string as a frame & then built a cluster around it with the elements we got in step 4.

I always end up tweeking things in the last step, til I get the balance I want. I love cheating LOL

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all... Going to try getting in here early in the day like I used to do. Just put the last load of laundry in to wash. So glad I didn't do it last night as I was worn out by 6PM. Ended up reading and relaxing instead.

Let me guess: framing a blended photo? Was really weird, but I cheated a bit and added a string as a frame & then built a cluster around it with the elements we got in step 4.

I always end up tweeking things in the last step, til I get the balance I want. I love cheating LOL
@LSlycord and @tanteva - suggestion on framing a blended photo:
Lay a frame over the blended photo so that part of the frame is larger than than the blended photo. Then erase parts of the frame with a soft eraser so parts of the blended photo are visible. This is an example of how I did it for a layout using a frame/blended photo:

Possibilities-by-KS02KaYsmall.jpg
I erased parts of the frame around her head, her arm and the bottom right corner. I really like to use this technique with blended photos.

@faerywings was LOL that they finally used "up the mountain" on a weather bulletin!!! Glad that things are settling down vis a vis the 'situation'. Don't blame you for not wanting to work on the coat closet. I am at a standstill on decluttering my books. Too much work to do it when the mind is not settled.... I just know I would get rid of some books then later on would wish I had kept them.

@Cherylndesigns Son-in-law living near Branson, MO was showing photos they got of the snow. Thought of you and wondered if you got it, too. Stay warm and careful if you have to go out. Glad you seemed to have recovered from that spell... hope it wasn't Covid.

@bcgal00 So glad that B is now being evaluated and praying that they will be able to move her into a more advanced care place. Sorry that would mean you would have to move but hope you would find a new place where you could still have walks with the dogs and a nearby place to take photos with wildlife. You are such a good photographer.

Time to move laundry from washer to dryer and then get dressed. CYL

LSlycord

You guessed right...and with the placement of my photos, it was a disaster. Probably next time I'll keep my photos smaller...keep everything smaller. Love that tweeking step...I'll keep it in mind in February.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. A quick hello from me this morning. I have some CT work to do before I start my desk work. Had a good visit with B yesterday and we took phone selfies together which she always enjoys and some pics of her with Taz (Remi stayed home). But I could tell when it was enough, she was getting stony faced and frowning so that's the start of triggering and her neurotic behavior starts, so I gave lots of hugs and headed out.

D built a wood frame around a wall shoe rack that was getting wobbly so now its solid and won't fall apart. I have a lot of shoes/boots so the floor to ceiling rack is essential. He sure has been handy since he retired!

I'd better get going, lots of work today. Hope you all have a great day.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Happy Monday Morning everyone! What a busy day I had yesterday and spent the better part of my day in the kitchen. I got all of my housecleaning work done and the laundry too. The kitchen part of my day was spent making a weeks worth of meals for DH and I. I found some amazing recipes for Keto/low carb. My DH has lost 5lbs already and he still hasn't gotten the concept of only eating when he is hungry, so he probably should have lost more. I have only lost a couple of pounds, but losing slowly is just the way that I am. Oh well as long as the weight eventually comes off. I am sure I would lose more if I got back to swimming and hiking, but that is not happening just yet. I need to start a card for Heather for her 40th birthday coming up in February and one for my Gary too, his birthday is on Ground Hog Day. Got a face time call from Mason on Saturday, so excited to show me his new puppy! Heather says that Hunter is a bit jealous about not being the centre of attention though. Hopefully he gets over that soon and enjoys the fun of having a puppy in house! It's a male dog and Mason has named him "Poochy" after a character in Yoshi's world (Super Mario game). LOL. He sure is cute! Wouldn't you know it, the kids were supposed to start back at school today and they got hit with a big snow storm and now are having a snow day :rolleyes: . Today is my day to do whatever I want, all the household chores are done and I will have time to actually sit down and scrap today.

@faerywings - Ha, Ha l like the screen shot of your map! It's that way here too, if you go for a drive just up the mountain a bit its like a whole other world with the weather! Hope that one day you manage to get the coat closet cleaned out, I really need to do ours too, but feel the same way... not today! Hope you get that ball of wool untangled LOL. Love the new siggie!

@tanteva - Glad to hear that you are finally feeling well enough to get all that scrapping done! That site where you get your groceries sounds like a fabulous idea!! Too bad they don't have more sites like that! I often wonder what do the grocery stores do with all of the expensive cuts of beef etc. Do they donate it? Give it to the homeless? It would be so much better if they would just lower the prices and actually sell it!! One of those things that makes you say hmmmmmm!

@LSlycord - If you were doing the keto diet you could have had bacon and eggs this morning LOL. No french toast though. Hope you warm up soon and that you get your pool all cleaned up so you can use it when it gets warm enough!

@bcgal00 - Awww poor B! I am happy to hear that she has been getting into the TBI unit! Hopefully something positive will come from it! It will be strange for you to be in a whole different environment in the Interior of B.C. but I am sure there is plenty of beauty there also! Good plan to hold off on the weights while you are taking care of one extra fur baby! Hope that you don't have too busy of a work day! Nice that your DH is such a handy man, good guy to have around!

@BrightEyes - Hope you are feeling a bit more rested today! Love that layout and I will have to try out that little trick too!

Will its time to get into the shower, then grab another coffee and start scrapping! Have a great day everyone!

tanteva

I often wonder what do the grocery stores do with all of the expensive cuts of beef etc. Do they donate it? Give it to the homeless? It would be so much better if they would just lower the prices and actually sell it!! One of those things that makes you say hmmmmmm!

I've looked into that ... it's SCARY how much they throw away. Like - people only want fresh bread, so the stores take bread of the shelves a couple of DAYS before the expiry date ... and just throw it in the dumpster. I'm too picky myself, but I followed a guy on Facebook (back in the terrible days when I had FB) who got most of his food out of dumpsters at the food stores. The blog is in Swedish, but you can look at the pictures and see what he gets. Usually he visits 2-3 stores, and then posts on his blog what he finds. It's really CRAZY what he finds at times.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I've looked into that ... it's SCARY how much they throw away. Like - people only want fresh bread, so the stores take bread of the shelves a couple of DAYS before the expiry date ... and just throw it in the dumpster. I'm too picky myself, but I followed a guy on Facebook (back in the terrible days when I had FB) who got most of his food out of dumpsters at the food stores. The blog is in Swedish, but you can look at the pictures and see what he gets. Usually he visits 2-3 stores, and then posts on his blog what he finds. It's really CRAZY what he finds at times.

Wow Eva that is crazy what this guy finds in the Dumpsters!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Afternoon all. The kids are out of school today so they've been down here - didn't stay long because Braden is still sniffly. He actually came down to get all of our Christmas boxes. Adrienne stayed for awhile, though.

Kay @BrightEyes it's good to hear from you. Thinking of you and sending hugs. We got a little bit of snow -it's about gone and is actually 50 degrees right now - not bad out. The sun is shining, so that always helps.

Chris @faerywings we didn't get as much as a lot of places, but that first day, there was enough to get some decent pictures. it started melting the next day, though. I got pictures as soon as it accumulated at all, so it looks like we got a lot, but actually we didn't. Ava and Alyssa went out into the woods and got some great shots for me, though. They went out right as it was coming down. It's pretty much gone already. When you see the pictures, it looks like a lot. You know how pretty fresh snow is.

I thought your clusters looked great! Like you said, "whatever works". I'm all over that. Hahaha

Eva @tanteva glad to see you back.

Trudy @taxed4ever glad they love the new puppy and Mason will get over that. Haha Kids are so funny.

I'm going to run and check the board and see if anybody else has done my challenge.

Hugs to all.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Back from a quick walk.. well not so quick more short. ha ha
I have spent the morning reading and being entertained by our little hummingbird friend that has discovered the new feeder. He seem to be at home sitting in the dogwood by the feeder. It doesn't take much to entertain me.

@faerywings I am making that lemon chicken tonight and looking forward to it.
@tanteva Good to see you back. Have fun with your organizing efforts. I managed to put all my recipes in some state of order.. now I just have to remember I have them when I get bored with the usual rotation.
@taxed4ever Good for you making a weeks worth of meals. I can't seem to get the hang of planning like that. It is all I can do to get meat out of the freezer for the evening meal. Did I mention I hate cooking?

mom2triplets04

@faerywings we get hbo, discovery, hulu, netflix and prime. We stopped our regular tv so we get youtube tv. Yup we are home bodies also. I watched discovery of witches on ruku oh we have that too. I don't have the channel for season 2. I think its AMC or something. As for snow it was snowing here last night but it turned to rain.

Myla went to camp today so she's now sleeping. I had to bring my car in for service and was going to stay but it had 3 recalls which took 4 hours so luckily hubby followed me so I could go home. I called my grandmother. They moved her to another room but she says she is liking the nursing home except she doesn't like the food but eats anyway.

Tonight I'm making 2 new recipes.

yes frozen but going to try this

and main meal is this but we have chicken breast and I'm serving it with rice. I wanted something that is cooked in oven so this is what I chose. I'm tired and don't want to fuss over the stove

mom2triplets04

@Kythe I too hate cooking. I can't seem to plan for my life. I try but it always changes. The best I got is tues is always chop meat. and saturday is always take out. then the other days are like chicken, beef or sausage, hot dogs, etc. I am always trying to find easy quick meals especially for chicken since it's like we have chicken almost every day. But this past week I went to buy it and there was none in the store . No chicken in NJ. So I wound up getting beef and sausage and chopmeat. It's going to be an interesting week with no chicken!