Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, February 12

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:jawdrop3:
Oh-Em-Gee. Where is this month going? I know that Feb is a short month but it's already the 12th? How did that happen?

I had one of the best Winter Weekends ever. I loved being outside and in the woods. And always learning new things. OTOH, I think Scott is going to blacklist me from all future hikes he leads. I ask too many questions. :rotfl:
I have done this hike with him a few times already, but I find new things to check out and explore each time. And ask a ton of questions. Oops. I know you know this-- but I am saying this tongue-in-cheek. *wink*
When we made it to overlook point, we took a break and I went around to check out some of the trees along the edge. I noticed a tree that had what looked like tiny round pinecones but it was definitely not an evergreen. On some other branches, it looked like there were small, long pinecones. I bugged the other Ranger about them and he wasn't sure and called Scott over. And Viola! I have a new term in my vocabulary. Catkins. Male and female flowers-- catkins-- on the same tree help to pollinate it. This tree was an aspen. Chalk up another hint in tree ID.
Seriously, my friends, I love this. All of it. The outdoors, the learning, the teaching, the time with Scott, meeting new people. Most importantly, a sense of purpose. Scrubbing other people's toilets doesn't give me a sense of purpose, in case you were wondering Bwuhahah!
Plus, it's sheer joy seeing your kid doing something he loves. I could hear other hikers say how nice it is to have a group leader who really gets into it. ♥
My self-esteem is also getting a huge boost from this. My main boss, Anne, called Scott on Saturday to tell him how much they love what I am doing at Weis. I can't remember exactly how he put it but he said it was awesome hearing someone speak of his mom in such glowing terms. (Back at ya, dude. )
Here's the group shot from yesterday.
IMG_0831.jpg

No big plans for me today, lots of little things to catch up on. We are supposed to get a bunch of snow tomorrow- close to a foot. Grrrrrr. Coloring Crew is this afternoon and I am going to figure out how to make knots. Not handcuffs. Simple knots :giggle4:

HAGD!!!♥

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday I was glad that you asked about the photos, I wouldn't want to post anything that could cause a problem. One more thing to ask about. That wasn't me, that was a girl trying out the drill. Weis posted a photo of me stirring the sap simmering on the evaporator on FB along with some of the ones I took.
I was thinking of you last night. Cait, Tom, Gary, and I played Uno Flip after dinner and I was wondering how many rounds we would do before we quit. We kept going and going. LOL!
Hope that you were able to get some scrapping in yesterday too.

@BrightEyes welp, that snow dump was not a very nice surprise. :/ Is it all off the roads by now? So smart to stay put. I bet the stores were crowded anyway with the Super Bowl going in.

@bcgal00 Sometimes things all work out in the end and it seems that is what happened with the credenza! When did you move into this place, right before Christmas right? Sound like you are getting so much done and organized, esp considering how awful the movers were.
You always were on the go but what a neat variety of activities you are doing now. Love it!
Everyone suggested to me the best way to learn tree ID is to get a field guide and explore. I was watching YouTube videos and I thought I could tell the difference but I did not, not even close. Once I get a better handle on trees, I want to work on birds. If you ever find a helpful online resource, I'd love to see it.

xoxoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
:jawdrop3:
Oh-Em-Gee. Where is this month going? I know that Feb is a short month but it's already the 12th? How did that happen?

I had one of the best Winter Weekends ever. I loved being outside and in the woods. And always learning new things. OTOH, I think Scott is going to blacklist me from all future hikes he leads. I ask too many questions. :rotfl:
I have done this hike with him a few times already, but I find new things to check out and explore each time. And ask a ton of questions. Oops. I know you know this-- but I am saying this tongue-in-cheek. *wink*
When we made it to overlook point, we took a break and I went around to check out some of the trees along the edge. I noticed a tree that had what looked like tiny round pinecones but it was definitely not an evergreen. On some other branches, it looked like there were small, long pinecones. I bugged the other Ranger about them and he wasn't sure and called Scott over. And Viola! I have a new term in my vocabulary. Catkins. Male and female flowers-- catkins-- on the same tree help to pollinate it. This tree was an aspen. Chalk up another hint in tree ID.
Seriously, my friends, I love this. All of it. The outdoors, the learning, the teaching, the time with Scott, meeting new people. Most importantly, a sense of purpose. Scrubbing other people's toilets doesn't give me a sense of purpose, in case you were wondering Bwuhahah!
Plus, it's sheer joy seeing your kid doing something he loves. I could hear other hikers say how nice it is to have a group leader who really gets into it. ♥
My self-esteem is also getting a huge boost from this. My main boss, Anne, called Scott on Saturday to tell him how much they love what I am doing at Weis. I can't remember exactly how he put it but he said it was awesome hearing someone speak of his mom in such glowing terms. (Back at ya, dude. )
Here's the group shot from yesterday.
View attachment 412631

No big plans for me today, lots of little things to catch up on. We are supposed to get a bunch of snow tomorrow- close to a foot. Grrrrrr. Coloring Crew is this afternoon and I am going to figure out how to make knots. Not handcuffs. Simple knots :giggle4:

HAGD!!!♥
Oh, I'm so happy for you! Wish I lived close.....I'd totally go hiking with you! I love learning new things like that, too! I would be more in tune to the wildlife critters, however! But probably not! I really wish I could find a group like yours around here! It would do me a world of good to get off my butt and into more activity! What a great group shot!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday I was glad that you asked about the photos, I wouldn't want to post anything that could cause a problem. One more thing to ask about. That wasn't me, that was a girl trying out the drill. Weis posted a photo of me stirring the sap simmering on the evaporator on FB along with some of the ones I took.
I was thinking of you last night. Cait, Tom, Gary, and I played Uno Flip after dinner and I was wondering how many rounds we would do before we quit. We kept going and going. LOL!
Hope that you were able to get some scrapping in yesterday too.

@BrightEyes welp, that snow dump was not a very nice surprise. :/ Is it all off the roads by now? So smart to stay put. I bet the stores were crowded anyway with the Super Bowl going in.

@bcgal00 Sometimes things all work out in the end and it seems that is what happened with the credenza! When did you move into this place, right before Christmas right? Sound like you are getting so much done and organized, esp considering how awful the movers were.
You always were on the go but what a neat variety of activities you are doing now. Love it!
Everyone suggested to me the best way to learn tree ID is to get a field guide and explore. I was watching YouTube videos and I thought I could tell the difference but I did not, not even close. Once I get a better handle on trees, I want to work on birds. If you ever find a helpful online resource, I'd love to see it.

xoxoxo
HA! Going and going.....like the energizer bunny! That's Ilene, for sure!
Yes, I got some scrapping done yesterday. I downloaded a bunch of stuff from Vicki Robinson to do some pages to highlight our family Christmas gathering we did in the middle of January. I got 1 page finished and another one started. I'll work on them some more today.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Can't stay long. Mark just called and he and Noah are wanting to go to lunch after while. So I told him I would be there by 11 to pick them up. We will more than likely go to Mamma Mia's where Mark and I will split their chicken Philly sub combo with an extra drink for $13.35! Not a bad deal!

Got some scrapping done yesterday afternoon. I'm working on our family Christmas gathering from the middle of January. I'm doing it in Vicki Robinson's journaling format. I figure I will have 4 or 5 pages at least. I always have tons of pictures!

I had not slept well Saturday night, so I was able to catch up last night. Slept like a rock! And didn't get up until 9 this morning!

I was able to get my wedding rings back on yesterday for the first time since I broke that wrist back on October 21st! It's the little things! ;)

Still rainy here today. I think it is supposed to clear up some for our travels west to the widows' meeting tomorrow, however. With more rain expected later in the week. I'm certainly thankful we haven't been getting snow! We would be buried under with as much rain as we have been getting!

And that's about it for me. I need to get off here and get dressed to leave to pick up the boys for lunch. Noah is doing pretty well, Mark says, but he does have that 19-year-old-knows-it-all attitude that rears its ugly head now and then.....especially when Mark is trying to explain to him what went wrong with the job he just botched! HA! When he starts arguing with Mark, Mark has to remind him of his 40+ years of experience compared to Noah's 40 + days, LOL! Men and their testosterone! :shakingsense:

HAGD! :bye2::grouphugyay:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! Its raining again here, but at least its not snow!! Snow on the mountain tops but not down here thankfully! We really need the snowpack on the mountains! We had a fun time at SIL Lindas watching the Superbowl of course my favourite part of the game was the commercials LOL. We ate a lot of snacks and drank some wine and talked about what MIL and FIL thought of the house showing across the street from us. To my surprise they both really liked the house and MIL said she could live there :eek2::wow::wow2::thud:WHAAAT????? Yup I almost fainted :giggle4:, so did my DH!! They of course said that they have to sell their place first and asked SIL Linda to get hold of their Realtor to let her know. Well she is right now in Mexico on vacation, but she will be home on Friday and will get to work on selling the house right away. I still am doubtful that this will happen, but FIL said he knows that he will not be able to drive much longer and its just getting to difficult for MIL to get around. What a switch from them planning on getting some help and hiring someone to clean and someone to do the gardening. If the house across the street sells in the meantime, will this all fall apart? Will they look for something else nearby? We are still trying to process this and hope that they are not going to flip flop and change their minds again. So that was our excitement for the weekend. Today I have a bit of laundry to get done but not much else. Tomorrow or Wednesday SIL Linda and I are going to break out the kayaks and hit the lake for a nice tranquil paddle, we will see which day will the nicer weather. The group hike this Wednesday is a super tough one, and I am not in shape to tackle it, so I think I will sit this one out!

@faerywings - I am so happy that you are loving your group of hikers!! Isn't it just so uplifting to be out in the woods and in the fresh air!! The way you feel about your hikes is exactly how I feel also!! Sometimes its hard to get out the door to go, but it is the best thing in the world to do! I am bad for not going on this weeks hike, but it is super tough and I am out of shape, its time to get back to the pool so I can work my way back to the tougher hikes. I need to get out there and get more active! I hope you get caught up on all the little things today and that you learn how to make all the different knots! Enjoy your day!

@vickyday - Sounds like you had a lovely time with Ilene!! Hope the weather cooperates for your trip to the widows meeting tomorrow! Enjoy your lunch with the guys and yes that is a good deal for the Philly Sub Combo!!

Ok I need to get the :laundry:started before I talk to Heater this morning, she will be just as shocked as I was to hear the news about MIL and FIL!! Have a wonderful Monday everyone! :cowwaving:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. I slept in until 7:30AM this morning. Getting to be a habit! :rotfl: The light around the door blinds woke me up. Yes, daylight hours are getting longer! Most of the snow has melted and looks like the roads are finally clear. I had forgot about the Super Bowl going on yesterday and bet there were huge crowds at the grocery store... just as glad I stayed home. Think I will wait until tomorrow to go. The library is closed today and I have books to take back. Prefer to do the errands all on the same day.

DD#1 is calling. BBL

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! Its raining again here, but at least its not snow!! Snow on the mountain tops but not down here thankfully! We really need the snowpack on the mountains! We had a fun time at SIL Lindas watching the Superbowl of course my favourite part of the game was the commercials LOL. We ate a lot of snacks and drank some wine and talked about what MIL and FIL thought of the house showing across the street from us. To my surprise they both really liked the house and MIL said she could live there :eek2::wow::wow2::thud:WHAAAT????? Yup I almost fainted :giggle4:, so did my DH!! They of course said that they have to sell their place first and asked SIL Linda to get hold of their Realtor to let her know. Well she is right now in Mexico on vacation, but she will be home on Friday and will get to work on selling the house right away. I still am doubtful that this will happen, but FIL said he knows that he will not be able to drive much longer and its just getting to difficult for MIL to get around. What a switch from them planning on getting some help and hiring someone to clean and someone to do the gardening. If the house across the street sells in the meantime, will this all fall apart? Will they look for something else nearby? We are still trying to process this and hope that they are not going to flip flop and change their minds again. So that was our excitement for the weekend. Today I have a bit of laundry to get done but not much else. Tomorrow or Wednesday SIL Linda and I are going to break out the kayaks and hit the lake for a nice tranquil paddle, we will see which day will the nicer weather. The group hike this Wednesday is a super tough one, and I am not in shape to tackle it, so I think I will sit this one out!

@faerywings - I am so happy that you are loving your group of hikers!! Isn't it just so uplifting to be out in the woods and in the fresh air!! The way you feel about your hikes is exactly how I feel also!! Sometimes its hard to get out the door to go, but it is the best thing in the world to do! I am bad for not going on this weeks hike, but it is super tough and I am out of shape, its time to get back to the pool so I can work my way back to the tougher hikes. I need to get out there and get more active! I hope you get caught up on all the little things today and that you learn how to make all the different knots! Enjoy your day!

@vickyday - Sounds like you had a lovely time with Ilene!! Hope the weather cooperates for your trip to the widows meeting tomorrow! Enjoy your lunch with the guys and yes that is a good deal for the Philly Sub Combo!!

Ok I need to get the :laundry:started before I talk to Heater this morning, she will be just as shocked as I was to hear the news about MIL and FIL!! Have a wonderful Monday everyone! :cowwaving:
I sure hope things work out for the best with the inlaws!
I envy you being able to kayak in beautiful surroundings fairly close to home!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I am showered, dressed and ready to head out in a few min for a trip to the big dog park along the river in a neighboring town (about 15 min away). A new friend (from the community group) is coming with her two dogs. Hope Remi is respectful and not too exuberant around her blind dog, the other will probably be a good match for Remi. Taz gets along with everyone so he'll be fine. They have their jackets on and are pacing the house, excited to be going out. I'll grab a few phone pics of the dogs when we are there.

Tonight is bingo at the legion. I won last week so I wonder if my luck will hold :) I also won the 50/50 draw the ladies group the other night too.

We started watching the new season of True Detective and love it.

@faerywings I'm not surprised that everyone is happy with your work. This is what you excel at. Wish I was there to join in. Do you have a bird app to help identify the birds when you are out? Merlin app analyzes bird sounds. I think that is a popular one.

@taxed4ever That is so surprising to hear that the in-laws might be amenable to moving. Hope the place across the street stays available. Maybe if things progress, they will be able to put in an offer conditional to their place selling.

I'd better get ready, heading out in a few min. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I promise I'm not MIA!! I'll be back later on - I've been SO busy, but I'm ok. I just realized I hadn't checked in for a whole day plus. I'll be back (said in The Terminator voice).

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Doing a quick in and out again.
Had a long talk with DD#1 - got filled in on her DH's new job, the trips she/they are taking, and other news of the family.
Then about an hour later DD#3 called and we talked for almost an hour, too.
Grabbed a bite for lunch and finally got my shower and dressed for the day.

Been seeing some "electric" guys out front... a few days ago, they had placed some flags up and down both sides of the street to mark where the lines are located. They were spray-painting where the flags are. Then about 10 minutes ago, heard some banging... they were dropping off the big orange cones between the sidewalk and curb. Guess that means our street is next on list to have the new lines put it. Not sure if the lines are for just for electricity or cable or what. But it means that I may be without one or both in the next day or so. So if I don't post you will know what is going on!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Doing a quick in and out again.
Had a long talk with DD#1 - got filled in on her DH's new job, the trips she/they are taking, and other news of the family.
Then about an hour later DD#3 called and we talked for almost an hour, too.
Grabbed a bite for lunch and finally got my shower and dressed for the day.

Been seeing some "electric" guys out front... a few days ago, they had placed some flags up and down both sides of the street to mark where the lines are located. They were spray-painting where the flags are. Then about 10 minutes ago, heard some banging... they were dropping off the big orange cones between the sidewalk and curb. Guess that means our street is next on list to have the new lines put it. Not sure if the lines are for just for electricity or cable or what. But it means that I may be without one or both in the next day or so. So if I don't post you will know what is going on!
I was w/o internet today too on top of everything else. UGH. Glad you had a long talk with your DD. I had a very long talk with my sister today. We really got caught up of everything. It was a wonderful conversation. I also had another long talk with an old friend that I have recently reconnected with. He was part of"the gang" in Florida (one of Steph's friends) and spent a lot of time at our house. We have so many wonderful memories and reconnecting with him has been such a joy. It's like we haven't missed a beat after all these years. We just took up right where we left off. He has some funny and endearing memories of Chuck, which I love talking to him about. He's been in the food industry since he lived in Florida and still is and now lives in Arizona. We're all going to facetime soon and do a big toast to Chuck. Mark always called Chuck Superman (long and funny story) and he wants to do a toast "to Superman".