Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, August 5

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I tried moving it back and moving it closer and tilting the monitor. I'm afraid I'm stuck with using my close up glasses when I work on my computer. I'm SO extremely bummed right now. Thanks for helping me. I have my close-ups on right now. I was really afraid of this. The bifocals work great for me just "walking around in them".

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Maybe I needed the "no lines" but my eye doctor was afraid they wouldn't work for me being a first time bifocal user. I also have a little problem with vertigo so she was afraid of me trying the "no lines". This just sucks!!!

AK_Tracy

Dont give up!!! Try moving you around LOL then you'll know the distance you need. If you can see the laptop monitor clear and through the readers, then I would set the other monitor at the same level. Being a little higher and set back might be just the distance difference to make it off. Dont give up. Have a drink. It will all be clear then :giggle4:

AK_Tracy

Maybe I needed the "no lines" but my eye doctor was afraid they wouldn't work for me being a first time bifocal user. I also have a little problem with vertigo so she was afraid of me trying the "no lines". This just sucks!!!
Oh I like the line. I dont do vertigo LOL I tried it once. Wasn't fun. That's part of why progressives didn't work for me.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Dont give up!!! Try moving you around LOL then you'll know the distance you need. If you can see the laptop monitor clear and through the readers, then I would set the other monitor at the same level. Being a little higher and set back might be just the distance difference to make it off. Dont give up. Have a drink. It will all be clear then :giggle4:
Girl, I'm ready to have a big glass of wine. This just sucks - I was so excited to get these new glasses.

AK_Tracy

Off and running but will be back later. I hope you find something (positionally) that works and you can use your bifocals more. :heartpumppink:
I'll grab the cork screw and you grab the bottle. Give the glasses a chance. They are an adjustment. Took me about a week before I stopped wanting to throw mine.

AK_Tracy

You could also ( I know crazy talk) try them with just the laptop. Forget looking at the large monitor. That way you get use too looking through the glasses without jumping your eyes all around and tipping your head. Then after a day or two, try again.

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
Give them a couple of weeks, if you still can't adjust, I would suggest going back + telling them you're having issues. After mine were changed, I'm having less issues. I use a laptop on a desk with a 27" monitor. They also told me that with a configuration like that it's not unusual to have to crank the head to that uncomfortable angle. There shouldn't be a charge if they have to change them.