Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, August 5

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:waving3: Good morning!
It's Monday again and I am reveling in the quiet. The windows are open for now and I am so happy not having to hear the AC. Man, I hate that sound. The bedroom unit makes a screechy sound before it turns on and it's like nails on a chalkboard. It's nice and cool ATM but it's going to be possibly record-breaking heat again this afternoon. I think I'm going to get outside in the morning and then inside this afternoon.

It was pretty quiet again all day although Scott came here on his lunch break. I don't even know what we were talking about but he makes me laugh every time. I scrapped Vicky's challenge using the caterpillar photo. I love the way it came out even if it made me a little sad. (RIP little buddy)
I didn't do much of anything although I have a To-Do list started and I am adding things to it.
Will Faery follow through? Who knows!
I admit that if I write it down it has a much, much higher chance of getting done. So there is that.

Enjoy your day whatever you do!

xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Thanks for encouraging me to work on your challenge!

This was Fridays fun. Everyone has their own personal pizza. They fill the dinner plate. Then there is always two extra so we have lunch the next day. Add what you want, no complaints LOL
Looks delicious! I wonder if I could find a moose, toss a saddle on it, and start the journey to your house. I'll be there sometime next year. :floorlaugh:
How are you feeling after all of the fishing you did? Less achy by now? Hope so!

@BrightEyes I am jealous of your tubs of guac the freezer. Not quite, I am jealous of *you,* not the guac. Although talk to me this afternoon, I might be jealous of being in the freezer also :)

@Cherylndesigns
It's going on six o'clock and I've got NOTHING accomplished today. So can I join the club?
You don't have to join the club, you are already in it! LOL!
WWCS is a good mantra to live by ♥ (Your Chuck, not my brother Chuck- that would make everyone batty!)
Aren't you guys glad I'm back?????:spinningchair::spinningchair::spinningchair:
YES!!!!!!

@AK_Tracy I would not know what to do with myself if I had the house to myself for a few hours. The last 20 years (eep- that is longer than I thought until I did the math- 2004!), I could count the time I had that probably on both hands. Maybe both hands and a foot but definitely not both feet. haha

Time to get crackalackin'
:sunnyeyes:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Made myself get up and go walk this morning! And a beautiful walk it was! I love the little park where I go to walk. It is so pretty with the trees! I would rather have a paved walk, but it was pretty solid this morning as the sand was water-packed, LOL, from the rains we had this weekend.
Went to the grocery store after I walked and those are put away and my coffee is sitting by me ready to enjoy!
I worked on challenges this weekend. I only have one more of the regular ones to do. Then I'll start on the designer challenges. I'll work on my daily ATC when done here.
No Ilene for a couple of weeks. She went north about an hour from here to help her granddaughter after surgery. And only one more week of spending time with my daughter as she begins her Kindergarten teacher's aiding next week as they get their classroom ready. Hard to believe summer is almost over already! Actually, it is hard to believe it is August already!
Hello to everyone who pops in! :wavinghello: I'll be back later to see what you are up to!
PS. Someone wants a couple of my cling stamp packs on FB marketplace! First sale I've had in about a month! Maybe with school starting up again soon I'll sell more!

I scrapped Vicky's challenge using the caterpillar photo.
And a fine job you did, too!
I admit that if I write it down it has a much, much higher chance of getting done.
I'm the same way! If I think of something that needs to be done or bought, I better write it down THEN!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. We are heading out in a few minutes to take Remi over to our friends' place for a doggie playdate. The dogs will go crazy when they see each other, its been 3 wks. It'll be fun to hear all about their daughter's wedding. I bet they are glad to be home from BC. We had a fun day yesterday. Some friends from the center came over to learn Mexican Train. The center is going to host a game on Friday afternoon. Some people from my other group will be going too so it'll be fun to see the merging of the two groups and how they get along. D and I are heading into Calgary after visiting this morning to do a bit of shopping. It's nice that we can bring the dogs now that the weather has cooled a bit.

We watched the finale of The House of The Dragon and can't wait for season 3.

Gotta go, I've got to get out of here in a minute. I'll check back in later today. HAGD everyone.

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Lovelies!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready to tackle the week. I'm ready! We start school today. We do three weeks school one week off every month so we start a bit earlier to be done on time since we take big breaks each month. Works great for my family as we all get burned out with routine of school and it feels so dreary just plugging away all the time. So we came up with a 3/1 plan and its been amazing. We either veg or do something fun, just varies.

I wonder if I could find a moose, toss a saddle on it, and start the journey to your house. I'll be there sometime next year. :floorlaugh:
How are you feeling after all of the fishing you did? Less achy by now? Hope so!
Oh NO! Dont try riding a moose. They dont listen!!!! My dad always said he wold do that for my sis, saddle a moose, cause it cheaper then a horse :floorlaugh: Thankfully she got her horse instead of a moose. My body aches are massive and its not fishing. Its the chiropractor which feels good but I have a misaligned floating rib/clavicle were trying to move and the MLD and it move the lymph system and for some reason it makes everything ache. So its been rough this week but what do you do? You plow through and keep going. :coffeedrinker:helps.
Made myself get up and go walk this morning! And a beautiful walk it was!
Its so rewarding when we just do it and then its beautiful too. Like a bonus reward for getting up and going.
Some friends from the center came over to learn Mexican Train.
Oh yes, Mexican Train. Have played that with the kids. So much laughter.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning Lovelies!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready to tackle the week. I'm ready! We start school today. We do three weeks school one week off every month so we start a bit earlier to be done on time since we take big breaks each month. Works great for my family as we all get burned out with routine of school and it feels so dreary just plugging away all the time. So we came up with a 3/1 plan and its been amazing. We either veg or do something fun, just varies.

Oh NO! Dont try riding a moose. They dont listen!!!! My dad always said he wold do that for my sis, saddle a moose, cause it cheaper then a horse :floorlaugh: Thankfully she got her horse instead of a moose. My body aches are massive and its not fishing. Its the chiropractor which feels good but I have a misaligned floating rib/clavicle were trying to move and the MLD and it move the lymph system and for some reason it makes everything ache. So its been rough this week but what do you do? You plow through and keep going. :coffeedrinker:helps.

Its so rewarding when we just do it and then its beautiful too. Like a bonus reward for getting up and going.

Oh yes, Mexican Train. Have played that with the kids. So much laughter.
Yes! And I ALWAYS feel better for having done it!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening,

I got my new glasses today and i yi yi I don't know - I finally got bifocal's - I totally needed them , but Geesh, will I ever get used to them????? They're transitions and I love that. I don't have to carry sunglasses anymore, but trying to type and see my monitor - I just sat down at my computer and I'm not sure if I can do this. Ava and I went to pick them up then went to Walmart and I did really well there. That's because the distance lenses are at the top. I thought that was easy peasy, then I sat down at my computer and yikes! If any of you have bifocals, please tell me it will get easier. I'm ready to take them back. I just did what they told me NOT to do. I took them off and put my close-up glasses on. :gloomy::shakingsense:

OK, you know what I was complaining about yesterday - couldn't find my Supplemental Health Insurance card? That was Sunday and WWCS/WWCD??? I got to really thinking last night and I decided that HE would go on their website - it's United Health Care - and he would find out what my information was. I was trying to fill out a pre-admission form for a new doctor that I'm going to try, and I really needed it. Voila! There it was - a total mockup of my insurance card. I took a pictures of it and once it was in my phone photos, I uploaded it in my paperwork. I also requested a new card while I was on there and I'll get it in about a week. Bless that man - always "talking" to me.

Tomorrow is a big day - a banner day - wait for it...........................................Ava, Braden and Drake are coming over about 5 to put my bench and totem together!!!!! Just pray that it doesn't rain!! I'm making food for all of them - fish tacos for Braden and me, and regular tacos for Ava and Drake. Ava and I went to Wally's to get all the ingredients for tacos - I already had the ingredients for fish tacos, but found out they didn't really like fish tacos. LOL I told her to pick out deserts, etc. that they all liked.

I'm also going to start making my own "bowls" thanks to Rae @bcgal00 so we got lots of stuff for those. Ava found me the cutest food prep containers - they have sugar skulls on the lids - she got me ten of them and I can't wait to have a food prep day. I got cuscus - I already have chicken pieces, I got spinach, red peppers and some yummy sauces. I'm tired of paying 6 dollara and up for "bowls" in the frozen food section. I'll probably experiment and try adding in some beans but they don't always agree with me, so we'll see.

I might be back, but I just looked at the time and I need to put my groceries away and fix myself something to eat.

Hugs to all and XOXO

Last edited:

AK_Tracy

I got my new glasses today and i yi yi I don't know - I finally got bifocal's - I totally needed them , but Geesh, will I ever get used to them????? They're transitions and I love that. I don't have to carry sunglasses anymore, but trying to type and see my monitor - I just sat down at my computer and I'm not sure if I can do this. Ava and I went to pick them up then went to Walmart and I did really well there. That's because the distance lenses are at the top. I thought that was easy peasy, then I sat down at my computer and yikes! If any of you have bifocals, please tell me it will get easier. I'm ready to take them back. I just did what they told me NOT to do. I took them off and put my close-up glasses on. :gloomy::shakingsense:
YES!!!!! Do what you are told woman!!!!!!! I got mine in April maybe, it gets better. I have distance in the top and laptop for my reading portion. I dont read with my arms in the air LOL I hold my book about my knees when sitting so he did that distance for me. It gets better. You just learn what tilt is needed. What angle your head tilts to read. I look down my nose more then ever but I also requested that they make the reading section bigger, not the small tiny slit as I do a lot of computer reading and book reading and DO NOT want to be moving my head around getting dizzy. It gets better but you cant switch around or your eyes/brain will never adjust.

AK_Tracy

Also, I have to lift my head to see the top of my screen. So I do still have a bit of head tilting going on and I hate that but its not as bad now. I love being able to see the subtitles on the tv (I bought a bigger tv before glasses so I could read them) and my computer without moving my head. I still see the "line" which they told me I would soon not see as I got use to them, but I see it. I just dont care anymore and it doesn't bug me. My driving glasses are JUST distance. So the speedometer and gauges aren't clear but I wanted ALL the view to be clear outside my car. I know where the needle on the speedometer should be so I dont need clean numbers LOL Only time its a pain is if I want to see my phone while stopped, I have to take glasses off.
@Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Also, I have to lift my head to see the top of my screen. So I do still have a bit of head tilting going on and I hate that but its not as bad now. I love being able to see the subtitles on the tv (I bought a bigger tv before glasses so I could read them) and my computer without moving my head. I still see the "line" which they told me I would soon not see as I got use to them, but I see it. I just dont care anymore and it doesn't bug me. My driving glasses are JUST distance. So the speedometer and gauges aren't clear but I wanted ALL the view to be clear outside my car. I know where the needle on the speedometer should be so I dont need clean numbers LOL Only time its a pain is if I want to see my phone while stopped, I have to take glasses off.
@Cherylndesigns
Well, that's good to hear. I have my new bifocals OFF and my old reading glasses on. I was told NOT to do that, but I can't stand it. Thanks, Tracy - I'm glad to hear that it's going to take some time. They told me at the doctor's office that it would, but I'm not very patient. Let me edit that - I have the patience of a gnat. :rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23:

AK_Tracy

Well, that's good to hear. I have my new bifocals OFF and my old reading glasses on. I was told NOT to do that, but I can't stand it. Thanks, Tracy - I'm glad to hear that it's going to take some time. They told me at the doctor's office that it would, but I'm not very patient. Let me edit that - I have the patience of a gnat. :rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23:
Today, yes, wear the old ones. Tomorrow DONT! :whip3: Put the new ones on first and let them adjust. DO NOT switch back and forth!!!! Its harder to transition.

AK_Tracy

My first pair were progressive and I couldn't NOT do it. They made me motion sick LOL So I was labeled "failure to adapt" and they had too remake my glasses in bifocal. When I sit down on the couch, my glasses go on. I am either watching tv, computer, reading or looking at my phone. So now its habit and when I dont put them on I cant read well its blurry. Work is harder as the computer is the wrong distance and I cant get close enough so I dont wear them at work unless reading my book. I hate the on off part but what ya do.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Hi Long Lost Oozies! My trip with Belle was wonderful, and we made it home safely. I sat in Baltimore for a 5 hour layover which turned into 10, but even so it was wonderful to go "home", to my zoo " home", and spend good quality time with family and friends.
So we came up with a 3/1 plan and its been amazing.
You need to inform someone that the work weeks should follow this format!! Brilliant!
Ava, Braden and Drake are coming over about 5 to put my bench and totem together!!!!! Just pray that it doesn't rain!!
Yay!! I'm so happy to hear your project is coming together and that it doesn't rain! Take pictures!
I got cuscus - I already have chicken pieces, I got spinach, red peppers and some yummy sauces. I'm tired of paying 6 dollara and up for "bowls" in the frozen food section.
Sounds so yummy and healthy too. Reading that inspires me to do the same. Since I started working the grocery shopping and cooking has taken a back seat.
but Geesh, will I ever get used to them?????
Yes - you will! Do what Tracy says!! However, with that said, if you wear them earnestly and they legitimately aren't doing the job, take the glasses to where you got them and have them check the prescription. I literally had a new pair of glasses one time that were just terrible and after a day I couldn't wear them. Taking them back in revealed they had flipped the numbers. Hopefully that's an aberrant case and that doesn't happen often - but it's worth keeping in mind.
I bought a bigger tv before glasses so I could read them
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

@faerywings reading your post up there just cracked me up!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hi Long Lost Oozies! My trip with Belle was wonderful, and we made it home safely. I sat in Baltimore for a 5 hour layover which turned into 10, but even so it was wonderful to go "home", to my zoo " home", and spend good quality time with family and friends.

You need to inform someone that the work weeks should follow this format!! Brilliant!

Yay!! I'm so happy to hear your project is coming together and that it doesn't rain! Take pictures!

Sounds so yummy and healthy too. Reading that inspires me to do the same. Since I started working the grocery shopping and cooking has taken a back seat.

Yes - you will! Do what Tracy says!! However, with that said, if you wear them earnestly and they legitimately aren't doing the job, take the glasses to where you got them and have them check the prescription. I literally had a new pair of glasses one time that were just terrible and after a day I couldn't wear them. Taking them back in revealed they had flipped the numbers. Hopefully that's an aberrant case and that doesn't happen often - but it's worth keeping in mind.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

@faerywings reading your post up there just cracked me up!
I'm going to take them back if they don't get better. I have never had bifocals before the the girls kept asking me if they were ok and i kept saying "I have no idea". There doesn't seem to be enough room at the bottom and that's where the closeup lens is. i literally have to crane my neck WAY back to read what I'm typing right now. I'm very frustrated. I was so excited to get them.

AK_Tracy

I'm going to take them back if they don't get better. I have never had bifocals before the the girls kept asking me if they were ok and i kept saying "I have no idea". There doesn't seem to be enough room at the bottom and that's where the closeup lens is. i literally have to crane my neck WAY back to read what I'm typing right now. I'm very frustrated. I was so excited to get them.
Oh (sorry) HELL NO! You take them back! Tell them the line is too low and you refuse to have your nose in the air. They should have measured you in the glasses to mark where the line for bifocal would go. I raised my head too high, not a natural pose, and will correct that next time. I'm a chin down girl, not a chin lifted stare straight in the face, so my line is off but not by much. But if you have to tip your head like you have a nose bleed, they aren't right. Tell them in the practical world they dont line up and you would like them fixed. Take your laptop and book and whatever else and show them. I took my laptop and said look, I read here, and my laptop is this distance I need. It really helped them see what I was talking about and the distance I needed. I'll try and send you a photo of my glasses so you can see how big the reading space is.

AK_Tracy

Okay. Today is stay home day. All I did was shower and get dressed :floorlaugh:

Attachments

• IMG_5281.jpeg
    IMG_5281.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5279.jpeg
    IMG_5279.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 2

AK_Tracy

As you can see @Cherylndesigns in the photos above, the reading portion of mine is bigger then they "normally" do. They have two sizes for the bifocal part and they need to do yours bigger if its too small. Its also super hard to take a photo of glasses showing the line so I pointed a pen at the line with them on my face.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
As you can see @Cherylndesigns in the photos above, the reading portion of mine is bigger then they "normally" do. They have two sizes for the bifocal part and they need to do yours bigger if its too small. Its also super hard to take a photo of glasses showing the line so I pointed a pen at the line with them on my face.
Not ever having bifocals before, when the tech kept asking me if this is ok? I said I don't know - I've never had them before. You are SO right - I can hardly see out of the bottom - they are WAY too small. Thanks for sharing this photo - I suspected that, but you just confirmed it. I can HARDLY even see what I'm typing. I told her that I worked on the computer a LOT too. They worked great for distance and just walking around, but they suck for reading the message board and working in PSE. I can't have that. I need that the most. I'm very frustrated right now. I have to call them tomorrow. Thanks Tracy!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Tracy @AK_Tracy here's a picture of my glasses. They don't look a whole lot different. I might just be an odd rod that can't wear bifocals. Maybe they need to make my magnification portion even bigger. The line on mine, is right in the middle of my field of vision. This isn't going to work for me.

thumbnail (2).jpg