Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, August 12

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
20076082.png

Time to wake up all of you late-night partiers!
Yeah, I am looking at you, Triplets.
10230724.png

Or is it "Triplets Plus" at this point? Cuz I know for sure as soon as @tanteva catches wind of this new mayhem, she is going to be all over it! Who knows how many of you all I'm gonna need to contend with?
Eep.

:greengrin:

How was the rest of your weekend? NJ weather was perfect *chef's kiss* Thank goodness we didn't need the AC because I finally got the nerve up to look at my electric bill and it's ugly. We have budget billing and last month we had a $200 credit on the acct. This month we are $300 over budget. That's a $500 swing in the wrong direction. :thud:
But yeah, the weather was beautiful and I finally-- uh-huh, finally- finished clearing out the dead leaves from the backyard garden areas. Sure, it's August but better late than never. I saw some really cool mushrooms growing on a log too, clusters of bright orange caps. I also got a few pictures of curly lichen the day before. It amazes me how they grow on rocks. So now I have a few more photos to add to my Mushroom Folder on my computer.
Scott popped over for a coffee break and Sam and her sister Sara dropped by later on.
The best part-- my ILs left us money to get pizza so Gary and I ordered a pizza for dinner and we watched Everything Everywhere All at Once on Netflix. That movie was *wild!!* I had written it down as a want-to-watch but I had no idea when/why /what it was about. It was nothing like what I expected. Hysterically funny, a little trippy, and very touching at the same time. It's leaving Netflix on the 22nd so if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it especially if you want something that is a change of pace.

It's only 59* right now and should top off at 73 so I asked Gary if he is up to it that we take the dogs for a walk this morning. If he doesn't want to go, I might head out for a short hike on my own.

HAGD!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Not up to walking this morning. Too bad, too, because it is 69* out! But I'm coughing my fool head off, which doesn't help the headache, and the stomach is IBS off today. What a pain! Actually more of a nuisance than anything. I hate summer colds! My headache was basically gone yesterday but it came back over night. Mark was going to take half a day off but I told him I was not up to going to the preachers' meeting. He said he may still take off and go with our pastor. But he has a job he is not sure how it is going to go so he will wait and see.

No other major plans for today. I'm not up to much, anyway. Later on this week I will have to prepare for my oldest and her family as they stop by on their way back home from their FL vacation this week. That just means sweeping in the spare room. I already have clean linens on the bed. But the room needs dusting, too. The kids will sleep on pallets on the floor here in the living room with the oldest one taking the couch, probably. No real food to have prepared as they are only spending the night and leaving in the morning for the last 6 hour leg of their journey home. I'll probably have donuts ready for their breakfast. It will be a short and sweet visit.

Have a good Monday!

This month we are $300 over budget. That's a $500 swing in the wrong direction.
YIKES! I'm sure our credit was used up last month!
It's only 59* right now and should top off at 73
WOW! You are 10* cooler than we are! Not sure where we are supposed to top out today. It looks rather overcast out right now. Mark cut the grass this weekend and it was really thick! But, it is nice and green after the rain!
I asked Gary if he is up to it that we take the dogs for a walk this morning.
I hope Gary is feeling up to taking the walk with you! :hug4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
LOL...grew up peeing in the woods but as I'm older now I like a real bathroom. Years ago I went with our son to his cabin in upstate NY 6 hours drive...we had to stop to pee....snow drifts and below zero temps...guick stop and frozen parts!!!

Girls... Your jokes are like my husbands...the biggest problem with his jokes is I have been hearing them for 53 years...but at least you all have new ones and for that I am thankful.
I did one hike that was so cold that if I had to pee I would have cried, thankfully I was ok.
My DH is known for his awful-in-my-opinion puns so it's fantastic to hear some new ones in these threads.
Finally, knock on wood, the headache is better today! But I sound like that hoarse fly today! I can hear the bullfrog calling me!
That's awesome, hoping that it's all gone by now.

I am the poster child of manners
an decorum I had nothing to do
With eggs
yeah, uh-huh. I buy that. [Narrator Voice: no, she does not buy that]

@alsoartysa Isn't that the truth, non-stop laughing in here! So happy to see you pop in!

@AK_Tracy Thank you for understanding how happy big outside makes me. The Weis director was in the office on Saturday so I stopped to say hi. She was saying how she can see my enthusiasm and willingness to jump in at work. I cannot wait for the field trip season to start again in September.
My daughter has a she-wee that she used after surgery. It took some practice. It was worth it but took practice so if you choose that route, practice at home!
YES! The instructors said to practice, practice, practice in the shower and without the water running so you can tell if you missed or not. LOL
And yes, he knows if I am friends with someone they have to be looney! :floorlaugh: Mostly because you have to be crazy to hang with me.
I hear ya! We alll a little :crazy:

@BrightEyes Good for you getting a challenge done. I am more than a little behind on them. I used a little of my free time to scrap a page for Foxeysquirrel. I am on her CT and she is starting to design again so I could not wait to get back into some fantasy pages ♥
I love the new color combo DD#3 is using. and I'm very glad that she vacuumed for you too.
BTDT but much prefer and indoor toilet,,, thank you very much!!
SAME!!!

@Cherylndesigns Sam cracks me up with needing 2 paper towels only for drying off. I swear cats are so finicky, and if you give them an inch, they truly *demand* an extra several miles. :D

Joke time.......
You are killing me!! :rotfl:
So glad that your weather has been better too. We'll get back to the HHH later this week but for now, it's awesome.
Its called

Kula ClothReusable Antimicrobial Pee Cloth

• Smooth side is waterproof; use the other (soft, dimpled) antimicrobial side to wipe
  • Antimicrobial Silvadur™ silver ion–infused absorbent material on the soft side won't show stains
I want to get one for myself since it is not something I can ask my family for as a gift. Although Scott would get it for me and not think twice but I'd feel weird. ;)

Tracy- my kids made Gary a Pun-isher mug for Father's Day a few years ago, They bought a giant mug and then wrote some of his classic puns on it. LOL!
Yes, sorry Chris - we're only gaining in numbers. :rotfl: :lol23: :spinningchair:
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Hey Girls, the "pokestick emoji" :pokestick:- from now on means "I don't know WHO did it.":rotfl::neener: That Triplette Code for "I didn't do it".
Were you supposed to say that out loud? Cuz I can hear/see you!! :pokestick:
:shemademe:

You guys are the best, love you all!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I did one hike that was so cold that if I had to pee I would have cried, thankfully I was ok.
My DH is known for his awful-in-my-opinion puns so it's fantastic to hear some new ones in these threads.

That's awesome, hoping that it's all gone by now.

yeah, uh-huh. I buy that. [Narrator Voice: no, she does not buy that]

@alsoartysa Isn't that the truth, non-stop laughing in here! So happy to see you pop in!

@AK_Tracy Thank you for understanding how happy big outside makes me. The Weis director was in the office on Saturday so I stopped to say hi. She was saying how she can see my enthusiasm and willingness to jump in at work. I cannot wait for the field trip season to start again in September.

YES! The instructors said to practice, practice, practice in the shower and without the water running so you can tell if you missed or not. LOL

I hear ya! We alll a little :crazy:

@BrightEyes Good for you getting a challenge done. I am more than a little behind on them. I used a little of my free time to scrap a page for Foxeysquirrel. I am on her CT and she is starting to design again so I could not wait to get back into some fantasy pages ♥
I love the new color combo DD#3 is using. and I'm very glad that she vacuumed for you too.

SAME!!!

@Cherylndesigns Sam cracks me up with needing 2 paper towels only for drying off. I swear cats are so finicky, and if you give them an inch, they truly *demand* an extra several miles. :D

You are killing me!! :rotfl:
So glad that your weather has been better too. We'll get back to the HHH later this week but for now, it's awesome.
Its called

Kula ClothReusable Antimicrobial Pee Cloth

• Smooth side is waterproof; use the other (soft, dimpled) antimicrobial side to wipe
  • Antimicrobial Silvadur™ silver ion–infused absorbent material on the soft side won't show stains
I want to get one for myself since it is not something I can ask my family for as a gift. Although Scott would get it for me and not think twice but I'd feel weird. ;)

Tracy- my kids made Gary a Pun-isher mug for Father's Day a few years ago, They bought a giant mug and then wrote some of his classic puns on it. LOL!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Were you supposed to say that out loud? Cuz I can hear/see you!! :pokestick:
:shemademe:

You guys are the best, love you all!
Well, I won't be buying any antimicrobial pee cloths.....I have NO intentions of being in the woods long enough to have to pee there, LOL! But thanks for the info! When you have to use one just let me know your feelings afterwards. ;)
If it's supposed to be HHH for you later this week, I'm sure it will be here, too!

BoatLady

Oh my I wish I had more time to comment on the discussions but we are getting ready for a travel day...off to Dodge City we went 2 years ago but hubby is Gunsmoke fan and westerns in general so we will go again. Sunny and warm today..yesterday and Saturday were cool and overcast so not much fun for adventures but we did go a little. Found the oldest Geocache still in service...set in 2000 that was fun.
Well everyone have a great day and keep smiling.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I talked to Ona and Vicki and let them know that I'll be stepping down from the CT team at the end of the month. These eight months in the new town has shown me that scrapping has taken a back burner to other things I am doing now. I will always scrap a bit but I'm only devoting a few hours a week to it now and don't want to use up that time with CT duties. I'm on another CT team but that one doesn't require hardly any duties at all, just scrap a few pages a month, I think that's about all I can handle right now.

We had our first Mexican Train dominos game at the center on Friday and it was a hit. We have 5 tables playing. I have my first volunteer job at the center now, I will be the coordinator of that event. I'm enjoying being involved there and getting to know everyone.

I've become friends with another photographer here in town so that fills another void that I was missing from Vancouver and then Kamloops. We went out on the wkend to the lake and next wk will go to Kananaskis country and hopefully photograph the grizzlies. If we don't see any, at least it will be a lovely drive out that way.

I'm heading out for our weekly doggy play date and then will be picking up a new coffee maker on the way back. Ordered it online and will pick it up later this morning.

Busy day ahead :)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone, yes I know I have been absent for too long again. Hubby had his flex Friday so he had another long weekend. It has been hot and dry, but today it is overcast and a bit cooler but still no rain in sight. Yesterday we said farewell to our iconic Martin Mars Water Bomber as it did its final flight to the B.C. Aviation Museum an impressive sight to see as the snow birds jets accompanied it to its resting place. I remember as a young girl watching it land on the Lake in front of our house to scoop up water to put out a forest fire near by. The sound of the rumbling engines could be heard long before it arrived. It is a shame to see it go, it did such great work! I need a vacation after all the business of the weekend LOL. I think I have gained at least 5lbs this weekend and so its time to crack down and get back to better eating! I will see if SIL Linda wants to do a nice long walk along the dike with me today I sure could use the exercise! The neighbour kids brought us some blackberries yesterday, so I might have to make some jelly to take to the kids as a gift for Christmas, they all love blackberry jelly! I am so far behind on my scrapping and need to get that started today also. Blah, Blah, Blah I don't have anything exciting to tell you, so I will get on with my day and see if I can get the creative juices flowing.

Good morning ladies. I talked to Ona and Vicki and let them know that I'll be stepping down from the CT team at the end of the month. These eight months in the new town has shown me that scrapping has taken a back burner to other things I am doing now.
Aww @bcgal00 it must have been a hard decision to step down, but I totally know where you are coming from! I often think that perhaps I should do the same as my scrapping seems to be lower down on the list of things I want to do. I am so happy for you though that you are enjoying your new life in your new town and have met so many wonderful friends and now a photographer friend also! :lovey3:

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I talked to Ona and Vicki and let them know that I'll be stepping down from the CT team at the end of the month. These eight months in the new town has shown me that scrapping has taken a back burner to other things I am doing now. I will always scrap a bit but I'm only devoting a few hours a week to it now and don't want to use up that time with CT duties. I'm on another CT team but that one doesn't require hardly any duties at all, just scrap a few pages a month, I think that's about all I can handle right now.

We had our first Mexican Train dominos game at the center on Friday and it was a hit. We have 5 tables playing. I have my first volunteer job at the center now, I will be the coordinator of that event. I'm enjoying being involved there and getting to know everyone.

I've become friends with another photographer here in town so that fills another void that I was missing from Vancouver and then Kamloops. We went out on the wkend to the lake and next wk will go to Kananaskis country and hopefully photograph the grizzlies. If we don't see any, at least it will be a lovely drive out that way.

I'm heading out for our weekly doggy play date and then will be picking up a new coffee maker on the way back. Ordered it online and will pick it up later this morning.

I'm sorry to see you go, but I totally get it, I've been wondering how on earth you were squeezing scrapping into all the other things you do. We don't take the same route through life if we want to really enjoy it, I've traveled through so many different hobbies, I even have a kiln. You sound like you have created a fabulous new route in your life since you moved. You just "leak joy" (sorry had to get a pee reference in somewhere) every time you come in here, and I can tell your life is full of happiness. Wishing you tons or joy with everything you have going.

AK_Tracy

Good Morning my wonderful Friends!
Your sarcastic little ray of sunshine is awake. :floorlaugh: :pokestick:

Time to wake up all of you late-night partiers!
Yeah, I am looking at you, Triplets.
10230724.png

Or is it "Triplets Plus" at this point? Cuz I know for sure as soon as @tanteva catches wind of this new mayhem, she is going to be all over it! Who knows how many of you all I'm gonna need to contend with?
Eep.
:floorlaugh: We might have to change the name of the posts. Crazy Triplets Plus coming to a chat near you!!
I hate summer colds!
Oh Vicky, Im sorry you have a summer cold. They are miserable. Colds are miserable but in the summer they feel even more miserable. I wish I could help you and bring you some soup. I hope youre able to rest today.
Oh that's funny!!! I bet he loves it too!!!! Nothing like a pun mug.
Well, I won't be buying any antimicrobial pee cloths.....I have NO intentions of being in the woods long enough to have to pee there, LOL!
You and me both!!!! :giggle4: However I will be sorry at some point cause sometimes the woods are better then outhouses.
getting ready for a travel day...off to Dodge City
Ooohhh this sounds fun! Cant wait to see the layouts from this adventure. I need to show hubs all your layouts so he can see what kind of adventure we need to take. I want to see cool stuff not just go point A to point B.
I talked to Ona and Vicki and let them know that I'll be stepping down from the CT team at the end of the month.
Oh Rae, I bet this was a hard decision to make. I'm proud of you for reflecting on what you want and making adjustments, no matter how hard that was. :hug4:
This sounds fun and right up your alley!!! I can hear the laughter of 5 tables of people playing Mexican Train. We've played as a family and it was full of laughter. Can just imagine 5 tables.
it is overcast and a bit cooler but still no rain in sight
I'm sorry. We have the rain. I keep telling it to move on and its not!!! I really need it to move on. We've had a week of rain now. Hope youre able to get out and enjoy the day and walking with your sister in law.

I really need the rain to leave. I left work Saturday and my roof started to drip. It went from dry when I left to the whole sunroof rim wet 20 minutes later. By morning the whole headliner over the front seat and middle seats was soaked. The passenger seat was wet. I think the sunroom seal is damaged and now its leaking water!! UGH! Cant have that during the rainy month.

I get to see chiropractor today. Hope he cant tell too badly that I didn't listen and still fished. Silver salmon season is almost upon us so yeah still gonna fish some more. And pinks are starting.

Well, must run. More coffee and then shower before Chiro. Have a wonderful day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Oh my I wish I had more time to comment on the discussions but we are getting ready for a travel day...off to Dodge City we went 2 years ago but hubby is Gunsmoke fan and westerns in general so we will go again. Sunny and warm today..yesterday and Saturday were cool and overcast so not much fun for adventures but we did go a little. Found the oldest Geocache still in service...set in 2000 that was fun.
Well everyone have a great day and keep smiling.
I've always been a fan of Gunsmoke, too! Have a great time!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

I sure hope you will continue to pop in here, Rae, to let us know how you are doing and to fill us in on your activities! You will be missed! Best wishes in all you do! :heartpumppink:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning my wonderful Friends!
Your sarcastic little ray of sunshine is awake. :floorlaugh: :pokestick:

:floorlaugh: We might have to change the name of the posts. Crazy Triplets Plus coming to a chat near you!!

Oh Vicky, Im sorry you have a summer cold. They are miserable. Colds are miserable but in the summer they feel even more miserable. I wish I could help you and bring you some soup. I hope youre able to rest today.

Oh that's funny!!! I bet he loves it too!!!! Nothing like a pun mug.

You and me both!!!! :giggle4: However I will be sorry at some point cause sometimes the woods are better then outhouses.

Ooohhh this sounds fun! Cant wait to see the layouts from this adventure. I need to show hubs all your layouts so he can see what kind of adventure we need to take. I want to see cool stuff not just go point A to point B.

Oh Rae, I bet this was a hard decision to make. I'm proud of you for reflecting on what you want and making adjustments, no matter how hard that was. :hug4:

This sounds fun and right up your alley!!! I can hear the laughter of 5 tables of people playing Mexican Train. We've played as a family and it was full of laughter. Can just imagine 5 tables.

I'm sorry. We have the rain. I keep telling it to move on and its not!!! I really need it to move on. We've had a week of rain now. Hope youre able to get out and enjoy the day and walking with your sister in law.

I really need the rain to leave. I left work Saturday and my roof started to drip. It went from dry when I left to the whole sunroof rim wet 20 minutes later. By morning the whole headliner over the front seat and middle seats was soaked. The passenger seat was wet. I think the sunroom seal is damaged and now its leaking water!! UGH! Cant have that during the rainy month.

I get to see chiropractor today. Hope he cant tell too badly that I didn't listen and still fished. Silver salmon season is almost upon us so yeah still gonna fish some more. And pinks are starting.

Well, must run. More coffee and then shower before Chiro. Have a wonderful day!
WOW! So sorry to hear your sunroof is leaking! Praying the rain STOPS sooner than later for you!
Hope your visit to the chiropractor today helps!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, the morning slipped away on me . . . . I was busy doing some CT LOs and lost track of time! Here it is after noon and I need to get some lunch. But had to pop back in here and see what is happening in this thread.
Rae, I am so sorry to see you leave the CT but understand the reasons. You have so many irons in the fire, I am not surprised that something has to go. Please do stay in touch and let us know how things are going with you... and the trips you are taking.

Yesterday afternoon, I took the time to get out the cups, glasses, and other items needed for the lunch tomorrow. Even got the table set with placemats, etc. Will get the iced tea made in a little bit. Going to make some hard boiled eggs for an egg-salad sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

I made enchiladas for supper last night along with guacamole and will have the rest of it for supper tonight. I have been hungry for them ever since I posted the Spicy LO!!! :D

HAGD

AK_Tracy

WOW! So sorry to hear your sunroof is leaking! Praying the rain STOPS sooner than later for you!
Hope your visit to the chiropractor today helps!
I love (hate) our dealership. I have a warranty so that is the good news. But they cant get my car in until October!!! And we are now in the rainy season. UGH! Thankfully Chiropractor said its helping and Im not so out of wack this time. Clavicle is starting to go back in place, so YEAH thank you Lord!
I made enchiladas for supper last night along with guacamole and will have the rest of it for supper tonight. I have been hungry for them ever since I posted the Spicy LO!!! :D
I agree!!!! your layout made me hungry too!!! All those spicy layouts really got me craving!!!!

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
I am so far behind here, I just caught up with myself. Last week seems to be a blur, trying to get out of lake mode I've gotten lost in all of the shenanigans, I'll try to get a fresh start on personals tomorrow. I decided watching Olympics for 2 weeks straight probably is not considered a workout. I was staying up way past my 8:00 bedtime, almost 11 a couple of times. I got my butt out of bed at 4:15 this morning and took my butt to the gym. I did a 90-minute workout, and then stopped for groceries before heading home. The empty daylily stems were bugging hubs so he went out for some early fallish cleanup. I figured I'd better get my butt out there too and deadhead the pots. Everything is getting that worn out look, . It seems like just yesterday; I was watching things popping out of the ground. Had a quick visit from dgd this afternoon. She had an hour break between volleyball tryouts and band camp & didn't want to stay "that long" at school, I didn't mention in a couple of weeks she'd be there a lot longer than an hour. Tomorrow we are scheduled to donate platelets and then have a bunch of errands to run. I have to get my act together; I've only done 2 challenges & have to figure my challenge for next month. I'm not sure I'll ever get caught up on organizing supplies. Uff dah !!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I know nothing!!!! :pokestick: No idea what Chris is talking about!!! Gnat me!! I didn't do it! :giggle4:

It all started way back when. Back when the dinosaurs roamed. There was once a gnat who had no patients...........
Oh Eva @tanteva - the new "code" for "I didn't do it - they did" is the poke-stick emoji: :pokestick:

AK_Tracy

I have a story we need to stick to! :pokestick: We tried to stop. We did. We honestly tried to stop.

If we repeat it enough Chris will believe us.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evenings, lovelies,

I don't know what I've done all day, but I'm just getting in here. I've been doing a little cleaning - housework is evil, BTW. I'm afraid my dishwasher might have bit the dust. It's been "weird" lately, but last night it just took a dive. Roger is coming over to look at it and hopefully "Mr. Fixit" can "fix" it. If I have to buy a new one, I'm going to go out and not pee in the woods, but puke in the woods. @faerywings.

Braden just left today (he was leaving Saturday) so he came and visited today before he left. I gave him the food goodies I had collected for him.

Chris @faerywings I'm SO happy that your weather has been so wonderful. We've cooled down here - finally.

Vicky @vickyday hope you get to feeling better.

Hey Jean @scrap-genie I LOVE red cars! I had several red Corvettes! img132 - Copy-001.jpg

AK_Tracy

WOW! That's a lot of red cars!!!! Hubs had a red truck when we married but since then, never red. They get more tickets LOL

I LOVE red cars! I had several red Corvettes!

And another reason we get along Cheryl!!! Corvettes!!!!! I will have to find photos of my dad that he had custom painted. My favorite, and I was mad he sold it, was the 1975 Stingray T top. Silver with maroon interior. Ahhhhhh my dream car. Still drive it in my dreams. He let me take it to school my last day senior year. Our initials were almost the same and I never corrected anyone that it wasn't mine. :giggle4: I loved that car.