Oscraps

Daily Ooos: May 28-29: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yay.
Gary tested positive this morning. I am testing right now. The party is officially postponed. Not sure when we will have it, hopefully in July?
Grrrr
#mad

I wish that reflected how I felt more closely-- I need the rolling pin lady plus the little flame guy
(Time elapse on test: 6 minutes- control line showing, no other lines)

I never thought I would want to be positive but darn it, let me get it so I don't have to hide from the rest of my family LOL

I don't even know. I feel like the monkey at the typewriter
Me~>
vangraffs-bodegang.gif

12 minutes: Still negative

and.... the last check -still negative. Dammit, I want to get this over with!

I hope that I am going to be able to pull off Party Anxiety Round Two. That pile of alcohol is looking pretty darn good at 8 am. Bwuahahah!
Just kidding.

I don't drink hard seltzers. :p

Well, I guess I need to go and clean my house today instead.
Argh!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
81120982.jpg

The Faery Family has had enough! You and Scott be safe now. Is Cait and Gary feeling ok, though?

Another thing that is enough is my stash of digiscrap supplies! Just found a file with zip-files I even hadn't unzipped yet since the iNSD shopping spree. I'm an idiot. I have an amount of money every month, to spend on myself. I've already used like 20% of June's money! It will be hard, but I have decided to not buy any digiscrap stuff for the entire month of June. Gotta get a grip of life!

Leftovers for dinner today & we finished season 3 of Stranger Things yesterday. I've made a crumple pie with some canned pear & almond paste and will whip up some vanilla custard (instant powder thing) & we'll have that tonight when starting on Season 4.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
And now the calls and texts from my family are rolling in...
My mom (love her, I really do!) asked me three times-- in a row - why we can't have the party on a Sunday. Two times I calmly explained that Scott works on Sundays and already has time off for vacation, thus cannot take another day off. The third time, I yelled. Not super yelling but frustrated yell. I did apologize. :(

Ok, I just made my appt for my second booster. I called my Dr. Tuesday and he never called back but since I have a second negative test, I am going today at noon.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

felis

Oh Chris I'm so sorry to hear that! Poor Cait! Somehow I knew that something will ruined her party, it's just so typical for your family. Big HUG!
It's so strange to see that Covid is still a thing at US, no one care about it anymore here. I'm sorry for all of you that have to deal with the stress around it! It's so strange, I even checked did I'm opened the right day, because the yesterday posts sounds as from year ago. :p

Kay, it's wonderful to have the roof fixed. It's so difficult to find the right company for that in now days. The market is wake up and looks like every repairing company is booked for months and the summer is so short.

Kythe, the new computer sounds awesome, congrats!

Trudy, Linda and Cheryl, I enjoyed your layouts and also travel stories on Instagram this month!

I'm almost finished with AmigurMay and will start the #Yarn Love. The Yarn Love is make it along call, so everybody who create things of yarn can join to us at IG. I know that most of you knit, crochet or macrame so feels welcome to join!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Well, the summer heat is back again. Got up to 91* yesterday. I ended up with the ceiling fan running all night and only the light sheet on me. Going to be in the 90's the whole weekend and into next week. We may have a chance of rain mid-week. Hoping that happens. Surprised that there are clear blue skies this morning... no smoke haze for a change... so opened the house up to air it out. Plus I was pleased to see a hot air balloon floating over the house a few minutes ago. It is Memorial Weekend here in the US so will probably see even more balloons tomorrow and on Holiday Monday. They always bring a smile to the lips and a lift to the heart.

Yesterday afternoon, I was at WM and ran into my grandson who works there. He said that his mom - DD#3 - has been sick for the past couple of days - that was why she didn't make it over on Thursday. They still have to get the car repair done so probably won't see her this coming week, either. Fingers crossed that it is not Covid. I managed to pick up some bread and a couple of other needed things but forgot to get my flavored creamer. Not going to try to get it until after the holiday is over as the stores are packed this holiday weekend. I was so tired that I fell asleep twice in the recliner before giving up and heading to bed at 7:30PM. Guess the stress of this past week caught up with me. I don't even feel like scraping so think I need to take a break from it for a few days. Geeze, I hope I am not getting sick.

Oh, Chris... so sorry that Gary also has Covid. Postponing the Graduation Party is hard but is the right thing to do. Praying neither you nor Scott get it. Sorry your Mom was being a PITA and kept asking about the party. Putting it off until your family is over and done with Covid is wise... Hoping that Cait is improving.

Hey, Kythe.... so glad your DH got your new computer built and it is operating correctly with Win11 (heard horror stories about it) and PSE22 is fine. Just in time with the OScraps birthday in June! You have been missed. BTW, love the new avatar... you look so happy in it.

Felis, nice to see you popping back in, too.

Hope those in the US enjoy the holiday weekend... and everyone stays well. CYL

LSlycord

Good morning ladies! I went to bed at 10:00 last night and I woke up at 9:02 this morning! I don't know when the last time I did that was. It has been a really, really long time. Perhaps it has been decades! So much going on. We are doing an open house tomorrow afternoon and so I told Brian, no showings today. If they want to see it, they can do it at the open tomorrow. Today, the dogs and I are staying home. Except for a run to the grocery store and pharmacy. I also have 6 big bananas that need to be used so I've promised everyone banana bread. Both kids are working so I think that I'm going to get some good scrapping in. And we got a few of our pictures back from the photographer in Paris...guaranteed you will see at least one of those today in a layout in the gallery.

Chris, (@faerywings) I don't even know what to say. I am so incredibly disappointed for you. You and the family need a break! And, whenever the party happens, it will be a great celebration for a great accomplishment by a great girl! Love you!#kiss3And you have inspired me (reminded me lol) that I need to get my second booster. Think I will do that today in your honor. Then you can add my booster shot to your list of accomplishments for today!

@tanteva that crumple pie sounds yummy. And we are almost to June...and you are ahead of us in time in Europe...so the 20% extra isn't too bad. ;)

@felis I'm so glad to see you here. I have enjoyed watching your creativity on Instagram. When we were in Europe, no one spoke of Covid. The only time anyone cared was when we had to be tested so that the United States would let us return home. :rolleyes: And, in Florida, still no one cares. But I believe in boosters and will continue to try to keep from getting Covid!

@Kythe the new PC sounds wonderful! I have been using Windows 11 for about a year. I don't like it but I'm used to it and it seldom bothers me now.

@BrightEyes I hope you aren't getting sick. Please get some rest. So fun that you ran into your grandson while you were out yesterday. And we are getting the 90* temps here as well so I'm enjoying the lanai with the ceiling fan now, but soon I'll be back inside enjoying the air conditioning.

@Cherylndesigns I can't imagine what must be going on at the Compound with a 3 day weekend. Have fun!

@taxed4ever and @bcgal00 hope that you both get some good weather for being outside this weekend.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning gals!! Just popping in to say hello and then we are out the door to go to Costco and few other stores today. I will try to be back here tomorrow, but no guarantees as you know my DH always has plans for us LOL. So quickly waving to all of you!
@faerywings - I have no words... except to say that I am so sorry that this is happening to your family! Sending you lots of ((((hugs))))!! I will catch up with you all soon.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
blerhgyblherghity blerg!!

I am going to collect myself and keep on moving. Or die trying? Or break into the alcohol I bought for the party-- sure-- why the heck not? Who is going to be downstairs to see me? Gary is barricaded upstairs, Cait is locked in her bedroom, and Scott is staying with some friends for a few days. The dogs won't tattle on me and even if they did who would believe them? The only one I have to worry about would be Braxton, but he sure as heck can't hold his liquor either hahaha!!

Quick personal from yesterday and then I will need to figure out my next move...

@tanteva Seriously, Vicki R's kit was fantastic-- did you scrap with it yet? The snarky words are perfect for people like you (I mean- us). Dido's kits -- I loved them too but I can see how they wouldn't;t fit your style. Just scrap for yourself and post wherever you like. Or not. All good!

@BrightEyes you really picked a good roofer! Worth every cent.
I hope you get some rain soon, it is raining here -- I'd send it your way if I could.
Speaking from experience right now-- I wouldn't; go anywhere. We are trying to figure out how to report our home tests to the state to be counted but I haven't been able to find out where to call/report. Cases are high n NJ and I know they are MUCH higher than being reported -- be safe

@Cherylndesigns enjoy the green plants today! I wish I could get outside and fix my head. can you do that for me? :) Talk sweetly to your herb babies
I wish I could give Caitlyn a hug-- or Gary- it feels very strange to not hug my family randomly. Thank goodness the dogs let me snuggle them instead (let me. Riiiight. They don't have much choice LOL)

@LSlycord Yesterday I read an article about how uniquely American it is to not feel safe and how phrases like "be safe" "get home safe" are so common. I just used it up there with Kay. It is hard to navigate in this world where there are so many places/situations where we don't feel safe-- and I say that as a middle-aged, straight white lady. </3

@taxed4ever do you have more t-shirt requests from your boys? hahaha!! Poor Poochie!! Did you get any pics or screenshots of Mason with him?
TY for saying that about my FS Los -I have been feeling very creative with them :D

Linda- 100% truth, I would play Monopoly with my kids if it meant spending more time with them, (and if I couldn't talk them into a different game first :D)

@bcgal00 how was your photo walk, see any new animals this time out?

@Kythe welcome back -- I would have ahead time being offline too- enjoy the new computer!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Heading out for another photo adventure today. A friend and I are driving up to Paul Lake for the morning. Its already hot and sunny so not sure how great photos will be in the harsh sun but it sure will feel good walking around the lake.

Yesterday I walked around a small lake just 20 min from home, Python Lake, and got photos of a few ducks I've never seen before and another bird that is new to me. I can't wait to get the new lens early next week to get a little closer to the wildlife for photos.

@faerywings Ugh...how frustrating. Hope everyone recovers quickly. Good idea to get your next shot. I know you said you wanted to get it and get it...but don't. Stay healthy if you can.

@taxed4ever Have a good shop at Costco. I need to go next week and stock up again.

I'm getting my gear together and heading out in a minute.

tanteva

@tanteva Seriously, Vicki R's kit was fantastic-- did you scrap with it yet? The snarky words are perfect for people like you (I mean- us). Dido's kits -- I loved them too but I can see how they wouldn't;t fit your style. Just scrap for yourself and post wherever you like. Or not. All good!

Haven't gotten Vicky's new kit. Will add it to my wish list, and maybe get back to it later. Been looking at my old kits ... I have so much. I need to start use what I have and not buy new stuff!

felis

@felis I'm so glad to see you here. I have enjoyed watching your creativity on Instagram. When we were in Europe, no one spoke of Covid. The only time anyone cared was when we had to be tested so that the United States would let us return home. :rolleyes: And, in Florida, still no one cares. But I believe in boosters and will continue to try to keep from getting Covid!
Linda, I'm trying to joking and being tough, because know that Chris is already stressed, but I'm worried about Gary a lot.
Oh, absolutely, one of the reasons Europe to be so chill is because we have boosters and the new meds are available.
I absolutely enjoyed your travel posts. This sounds awful, but I'm very worried about you after you shared with us for your heart problems! It was such a relief to see you happy and carefree.

Been looking at my old kits ... I have so much. I need to start use what I have and not buy new stuff!
Eva, I'm with you girl, I realized that I'm never used even the half of the kits that I have from 52 Inspirations.

felis

Trina, @tjscraps you are not post any updates, so I Hope that things with your husband are stable! At least the topic that you was started, for fun car drives give me a hope for that!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Chris @faerywings I just about spit my coffee out!!! Braxton can't hold his liquor!!! Where is that ROTFLMBO emoji????? I'm sorry, but I HAD to lead off with that!! I'm sorry that the party is postponed!! That SUCKS big time - the BIGGEST!!! Danged covid - are we ever going to be free of that wretched thing? I would be drinking, too - hey, don't let that liquor all go to waste, girl and Braxton for sure doesn't give a rip.

I'll give my plants some love from you. Hey, I STILL want to see Braxton with his pirate patch on! You said you were watching a show about Black Beard. That's something you and Braxton could do together. Hahaha

Felis @felis my sweet - it's so good to see you popping in here. Thanks for your "likes" on my Instagram posts!! Hope everything is good with you. Hugs to you.

Linda @LSlycord boating is on the agenda but I won't be going - I get motion sickness, but we'll be partying afterwards. They're only going to be out for one afternoon and then coming over here. Chuck's bd is Monday so we're having a party for him. The crazy guys will have all the "fireworks" - that's always on the agenda. It will be fun around here.

I have some news - MY GRANDSON IS COMING NEXT SATURDAY!!! Yes, I'm shouting because I'm SO happy!! They're having "some circumstances" and they decided that he needed to come to Cici's for TWO WEEKS!! Just HIM! We're all so excited because my DD has never let him come". There's a non-stop flight (probably the only one in existence) from a small airport near Ft. Myers that flies into the Arkansas airport. Would you believe they won't let a kid fly alone??? I guess things have changed. Steph used to fly alone from Detroit Metro to Mom and Dad's in Indianapolis, IN when she was much younger than Asher. Anyway, Ava offered to fly there and fly back with him (she's an angel) but his dad is flying here with him, then flying back on another flight. My dd is a "helicopter mom" and has already given me a laundry list of do's and don'ts. I could feel the panic rising in her and last night I kindly told her "we've got this". His dad told me last summer that if he had HIS way, Asher would have been out here a year ago. He told me to get him out of the house and off the video games! I told him we had lots of plans and if he gave me attitude, I'd make him go pull weeds. He about cracked up. He's going through a "phase" so it might be interesting.

I went out with the girls yesterday for lunch and shopping and we started compiling a list of things we were going to do with him. We're already invited to Casey's dd's 11th bd swim party and there will be boys and girls there. Of course, my dd freaked over the "swimming thing" - like we never had a pool all the years they lived with us. Insert eye roll. Sophie (Casey's dd) invited Ava yesterday when they went to clean her house, so Ava's going, too. That calmed her down a little. I yi yi yi yi

I'm going to get off of here - have a good weekend - Chris @faerywings you and Braxton, too.

XOXO

LSlycord

@Cherylndesigns sounds like a fun time! And how exciting that Asher is coming to spend a couple of weeks! Can't wait to hear about all of these adventures that you will be having!

@felis well I was freaked out about my heart also. And surgery is in the future...but is it this month, or this fall, or next year? Who really knows. So I finally got my head on straight and decided to live my life...and I'm so glad that I did because that trip was a lifetime memory. I am not good at living in the moment...I'm a planner and controller. But the pandemic taught me that there is a lot of things that I can't control...so I need to grab what I can control and live my life. A good lesson worth learning! Please don't be a stranger here!

@faerywings isn't that strange how the lack of feeling safe is such an American thing. And, yes, I feel it as a white woman. I feel it more for my kids. And for my friends who are minorities. :(

@taxed4ever we have a new Costco opening about 20 minutes from us in August. I cannot wait. The drive will be so much easier.

Kythe

CHEERY O
GRRRR! Have you ever spent all day working on a challenge only to find out the kit you were so happy with is now discontinued! Yikes! I need to mark the retired kits somehow.

tanteva

GRRRR! Have you ever spent all day working on a challenge only to find out the kit you were so happy with is now discontinued! Yikes! I need to mark the retired kits somehow.
Been there, done that!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Absolutely!!! Been there - done that. OHGOODNESS, I didn't mean to quote you Eva @tanteva ROTFLMBO

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns sounds like a fun time! And how exciting that Asher is coming to spend a couple of weeks! Can't wait to hear about all of these adventures that you will be having!

@felis well I was freaked out about my heart also. And surgery is in the future...but is it this month, or this fall, or next year? Who really knows. So I finally got my head on straight and decided to live my life...and I'm so glad that I did because that trip was a lifetime memory. I am not good at living in the moment...I'm a planner and controller. But the pandemic taught me that there is a lot of things that I can't control...so I need to grab what I can control and live my life. A good lesson worth learning! Please don't be a stranger here!

@faerywings isn't that strange how the lack of feeling safe is such an American thing. And, yes, I feel it as a white woman. I feel it more for my kids. And for my friends who are minorities. :(

@taxed4ever we have a new Costco opening about 20 minutes from us in August. I cannot wait. The drive will be so much easier.
Thanks so much, Linda! We're very excited and Ava has found so many things for us to take him to. He's not a "go out and do stuff" kid, but we're going to try. She even found an American Ninja Warrior Day Camp that's about 15 minutes away from us - it's an hour and a half for 5 days. She texted him to see if he was interested and hasn't heard back yet. I figured if she asked him, he'd be more apt to want to do it. If I talk to his dad, trust me, he'll say "make him go"!!! That girl has found so many activities for Asher while he's here.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Cheers to me!! I made it! I survived the last 24 hours. And the last 29 years. It's been a trip! Yup, today is my 29th anniversary and sadly, all we are going to do is wave to each other from across the room wearing masks. That isn't an issue, we typically don't celebrate our anniversary, we know we love each other. I have to say, yesterday was more than a little hairy at times. I felt awful when I told Caitlyn that we had to cancel the party. She feels awful that she got Gary sick. She regrets going to Graduation. Still makes no sense that they didn't have any sort of mask requirement. ~500 people in an auditorium... Sure, search our bags and make us walk through metal detectors but let's not worry about a super-contagious disease. pfft What can you do though?

Gary had me worried yesterday, he was in bad shape, could barely move. This morning he feels 100 times better, the fever only lasted for the day. Scott is staying with some friends so hopefully, he will be ok. Got my shot and wish I could figure out why the side effects hit me so hard in the middle of the night. I woke up around 2 am with the chills/hot flashes and muscle spasms. Thank goodness they weren't as bad as the last two times. Other than feeling bad muscle aches/headache, I feel fine.
Looks like we have a new date for the party and so far only one or two people are confirmed to not be able to come.

The sun is shining today and since I wasn't able to work outside (rained all day) I m going to let the grass dry out and then spend as much time as I can out there. Did I tell you that Tif has a "friend?" *eyebrow wiggle* Who knows, maybe I will have Baby Tifs soon :p

thanks for putting up with me and listening to my rants
#mad

LSlycord

Oh Chris. I am so glad that Gary feels better today. And I am so sorry that Cait felt guilty about getting Gary sick. This is such a rough world we live in right now. I am so sorry...hoping everyone feels better soon. And glad that Scott has somewhere to escape to so hopefully he will stay healthy.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva I am hoping that Gary and Caitlyn will continue to feel better each day. Poor Gary restarted his Lyme treatment last week so he is getting hit by that too.
I am proud of you that you actually have a budget (I used to when I had an income LOL). One of the best things about scrapping is that there are still some decent freebies out there and you can always recolor, resize, and erase bits to make something look totally different.
Your pie sounds very yummy!! Hope you had a nice time relaxing with Urban and Stranger Things

@felis Do you have this saying: the more things change, the more they stay the same. As in there is *always* chaos in Faery-Land Hahahaha!!
Thanks for the hugs! So happy to hear that you are doing so well with your crocheting!

@BrightEyes I know how much you enjoy seeing the balloons-- such a good sight, kind of refreshing to see it, it feels hopeful to me too
*fingers crossed that DD#3 doesn't have Covid either* I am with you-- no way could you get me into a WM over a holiday weekend!
I hope you are feeling ok, not covid or anything else. Sad to say, but I hope it is just being tired. That is easier to fix than a lot of other stuff.

@LSlycord what a FAB night's sleep!!!! Did the kids check on you to see if you were OK? Mine would have (if they were awake first, of course) Good for you for saying no showing, you need that day to decompress. You haven't had that since you have been back from vacation. Awww, ty!! Love you too!!! High five on getting boosted! Hope you don't get side effects

@taxed4ever in the grand scheme of things, rescheduling a party isn't the end of the world. It's just one more @$#%%$ to deal with :D
Don't let your Gary work you too hard today!

@bcgal00 How exciting to have all of these wonderful lakes to explore. I know you were going to miss the squirrels and birds at your old house but looks like you have so many new places to go. Hope that the lens gets to you ASAP!

Eva-- you will do it! Just poke through everything, and do lots of mix and matching between the kits. It will be great!

Felis- I was worried about Gary yesterday but today I am not. I will be keeping a close eye on him. Make sure his blood sugar stays level at least.

@Cherylndesigns Braxton is awful. The wine and beer run right through him! LOL!! Braxton and I can sit on the sofa with some bottles of rum watching pirate shows :D:D:D Yo ho, yo ho!
(I did post the pic of Dread Pirate B in the other thread. )
Asher is coming to see Cici!! Happy dancing for you!!
I have a feeling the change of scenery and a break from his parents - and some guiding love from you will do the trick

@Kythe yes and that stinks!! All of that work and you can't use it.

xoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, I did it.... spent all day yesterday streaming 3 different movies then reading the rest of the day. I may do the same again today. It was good to just relax. No plans, no pressure to do anything, just kick back and rest. I made the bed and will stick dishes in the dishwasher but that is all the chores I will do today. Will nuke a frozen dinner so no cooking either. :D Think that I just need a 'do nothing' weekend.

Chris, sorry you had the booster side-effects show up in the middle of the night but glad to hear that they may be subsiding now. Mine only lasted about 24 hours...and the sore arm for a few days. So glad to hear that Gary is doing better... too bad the Lyme treatment and Covid happened together. Sending healing thoughts to both of them. Relieved to hear that Scott is staying away (with friends) and hopefully he will not get it. Glad to hear you have rescheduled Cait's party. Had to LOL over Braxton not being able to hold his liquor!!!

Kythe, I have "Been There Done That" with discontinued kits. I have learned my lesson. Now as soon as a designer announces kits that will be discontinue - I add "retired" to the kit/collection folder title. Also I usually do a check in the shop to make sure it is still there before working with it for a challenge. Another hint: maybe you can scraplift it using another similar styled kit?? or use it at JA for a challenge?? And who knows... maybe the designer will bring it 'out of the vault' one day???

Time for another cup of coffee and see what movie I may want to stream. LOL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Enjoyed a 5 hr hike yesterday with a friend. We got photos of small birds, ducks, horses, turtles, butterflies, chipmunks and flowers. It is only a 20 min drive to Paul Lake. Soaked in the hot tub last night and what a difference it made as to how I feel today. Normally my back and body in general is tired and sore after a long hike like that but I only feel slightly achy in the lower back. What a blessing the hot tub is for my arthritis.

Today we'll head out to visit friends that we haven't seen since they moved out of Vancouver about 4 yrs ago. They live out in the country, about 45 min away from Kamloops. I will be so happy to see them but also happy to see and photograph their animals. Jen is excited too. They have dogs, cats, turtle, bird, chickens, llama, miniature horse and I think they might have a goat. Not sure what our dogs will think of it. I expect Remi and Bella to be on leash a lot for the first few visits until they get to all the animals. We'll keep our visit to just a few hours so we don't overwhelm the dogs.

The summer heat has started here. Early morning is nice out on the deck and then by 9:30 the deck couch gets some shade so it is nice out there for a good portion of the morning. Our friends are in a higher elevation/wetter area so they might have rain later today. Hope we get there before that to enjoy being outdoors.

@faerywings Glad to hear that Gary is feeling better and you too after your shot. Glad to hear the new plans for the party is working out for almost everyone.

@Cherylndesigns Sounds like a fun time for your GS's visit soon.

@BrightEyes Sometimes we just need a day or two to relax and have no plans. Enjoy.

I'm going to go check my challenge, shower and get ready to head out in a bit.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! Cloudy grey day here, but DH and I were out early planting some flowers that we picked up yesterday. It was a busy day, the trip to Costco and few other places took up most of the morning. We spent far too much, but the freezer is full again. I wanted to pick up some nice avocados but oh my gosh they cost $14 for bag of 6. No way am I paying that!! By the time we got home and put away all of the groceries, my DH said come on lets get in the car and hit the Garden Nursery. Really?? It was good though as I have been putting off going to get my petunias and coleus for the front porch. It was a sunny afternoon and so nice to be outside wandering around looking at all the beautiful flowers! Could have spent another fortune on things, but where would I put them LOL. Today we need to get the rest of the yard waste taken to the dump and hopefully pick up some eggs at Hope Farm. Laundry and cleaning to do, but not worrying about that too much, it will get done eventually. I am making some keto chocolate ice cream today and hopefully it will be ready to eat this evening. I have a few layouts to post in other places and then I need to get started on month end stuff here.

@faerywings - Happy Anniversary to you and your Gary!! I sure am glad to hear that he is feeling better today, hope that Caitlyn is also! That is sad that she feels guilty for giving her Dad Covid, but my goodness like you said, no one seems to care too much about its spread anymore. Its certainly not her fault!! Sorry that you suffered with side effects from your booster, but good that you got it and it wasn't quite as bad as the other shots! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new date for the party will be good for all of you and that nothing else happens to change your plans! Sending healing vibes to you all!!

@tanteva - LOL I just love baby yoda!!

@LSlycord - Hope your open house goes well and that you will be done with having to leave the house at a moments notice! How nice to have had such a great sleep, I very rarely get those anymore.

@bcgal00 - How nice to have the friends to visit with today! Hope that the dogs are ok with all of the animals, but they must be used to seeing lots of different animals while you are all on your nature walks. Aren't you lucky to have the warmer weather!! Wish we could say the same, but then you will notice a huge change in the weather where you are, hopefully no danger of fires this summer!! Enjoy your visit today!!

Ok its time to get another load of laundry in and have a nice cup of coffee on the front porch. Hopefully we won't need the Heater turned on. When will the warmer weather come??

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hello my Lovelies,

Chris @faerywings sorry you had a bad reaction to your booster. WHY does it always hit in the middle of the night??? Mine did the very same thing. Boom!! Glad you're feeling better - a bit, anyway. Poor Cait and Gary :( - that darned Braxton - can't hold his liquor at all!! He's your last hope for company right now. BWAHAHA I can just see the booze squirting out of his body.

We're so excited for Asher to come visit. Ava's got a list of things that we're going to take him to do. This is really crazy - she found a "camp" that's right here where we live and it's for 5 days from 10:30 to 12:00. It's a Ninja Warrior Experience Camp!! He LOVES anything Ninja Warriors!! They have it every summer and it's running for his age group while he's here! He said he'd absolutely love to go!! I wasn't sure if he'd want to, but the "Ninja Warrior Experience" got him! There are two water parks here too - who knew? That girl knows everything. I told her the water things were on her because I won't put on a bathing suit. BWAHAHA I'll go but won't get in the water. There's a River Float that we MIGHT take him on. You float down a river in a raft and it's very slow and shallow. You decide how far you want to float and then get off and a bus brings you back. It's extremely popular and hundreds of people do it all summer. The kids have all gone on it.

Kay @BrightEyes take it easy - I do when I can. Some days, I have to change out of my day pj's into my night pj's. Hahaha I never wear anything but tights and T-shirts, anyway unless I'm going out. Then I might put on a pair of shorts with a t-shirt.

I do the same thing with retired products. I mark them "RET" and have started moving them to one of my EHD's. I got caught up in a "retirement sale" when I first started on message boards - not realizing that I could only use a small fraction of them on a layout. I haven't done that again.

Rae @bcgal00 the hike sounds wonderful - I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I'm so looking forward to Asher coming to visit.

Cuck's birthday is tomorrow - we're going to have a little bd party for him. He doesn't want it, but he's getting it. Hahaha He always says his birthday is on "the real Memorial Day'".

tjscraps

Trina, @tjscraps you are not post any updates, so I Hope that things with your husband are stable! At least the topic that you was started, for fun car drives give me a hope for that!
Thank you for thinking of me! He is doing better - got through surgery and has recovered, is now back to work. May and June are my busy months at work so trying to keep my head above water (we are also down a person, as we had someone quit, so that adds a lot to it!).

felis

Thank you for thinking of me! He is doing better - got through surgery and has recovered, is now back to work. May and June are my busy months at work so trying to keep my head above water (we are also down a person, as we had someone quit, so that adds a lot to it!).
This is awesome! You can't imagine how often I was thinking for your family, I can't pray as I'm agnostic, but I was sending a good vibes in your way.
Not much fun to have to work so hard, hope that the things really will calm down in June!

Last edited:

felis

@felis Do you have this saying: the more things change, the more they stay the same
Nope, we don't have it, because it have NO sense, the proverbs is "Everything flows, everything changes". :D
I may try to joking with the fact that you always managed somehow to be involved in a drama, but I love you and I'm so worried.
Felis- I was worried about Gary yesterday but today I am not.
You can't foolish anyone! You get anxious even when can't take a grocery shopping spot, and this situation is out of all limits. Hugging you, sending good vibes, don't forget that we will be here for you in any of your moods!
Happy anniversary!
You always can pretend that have a relationship from distance and still celebrate via Zoom call, even on different floors! ;)

Last edited: