Oscraps

Daily Ooos: May 15-16: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Weekend! I am so happy that the sun is shining but not as happy as my BFF must be. She is having a grad party in her backyard for my niece and has been stressing over the weather for two weeks. At least. It is an Open House deal so I am only going down for an hour or so. It isn't like I am going to be able to get in a real visit with them.

The visit with my parents went pretty well. Arlene came with Scott and Leah and my brother popped in for a bit too. It turned into typical family chaos with different conversations and confusion but it felt good to be together. My dad looked exhausted but it didn't help that he was unshaven. That never happens. But I changed his dressing for him and was amazed at how well the incision looked. My mom was all queasy about it so it was a good thing I was there to do it. Scott and Leah put the top cover of the gazebo up and my mom was thrilled about that. Arlene showed me some photos of her hikes and I am looking fwd to getting out there with her again too.
I also saw why mom is beating her head against the wall with him. My dad, Scott, and I were looking for gauze pads to cover the incisions and I went upstairs to look, and before Scott could ask my dad where to look for them downstairs, he was halfway down the stairs already. Scott is standing there - looking dazed. haha

Cait and I are running down to the FP this morning, I hope they have some coffee and maybe some produce. My mom made up a salad and we agreed that we *desperately* need to start eating fresh food again. This afternoon is the Open House and I still haven't been able to find a gift for my niece. She is getting a Cricut so I have been looking for Disney accessories and was hoping for something physical. But it looks like the best way to go is downloads. I have one picked out, just need to read all of the fine print to make sure that it will work with her machine.

Have a fab day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva I thought Ascension was in January. What is that holiday then? That is funny that Sweden is not Catholic but you get their holidays off. Do you get a lot of them off? I wish you were rich too, then you could fly me out and hire me to work in your garden. Good luck back with WW.

Kay- Whew, that must have been a huge relief when you finally got the computer to work. And a bonus for the camera too. I obsessively save too after things crash on me. 5T ExHD sounds like a dream. I need to get one eventually. I saved a lot of room the other day deleting a lot of photos of Cait's ex-BF *evil smile* I hope that you are able to get everything backed up and set so you can start transferring to DH's computer. I know you know this, but you don't want to wait until it is too late for the current computer.

@bcgal00 I hope that you will be able to retire on time. Good for you for getting a grip on spending. It makes it so much easier when you aren't in stores, right? Cait asked to stop at TJ MAXX on the way home yesterday and I spent $17 on stuff I didn't absolutely need.

@Cherylndesigns Hydrangeas are so pretty, I would love to have them too but they like a lot of sun IIRC. Yellow daylilies are such a cheerful addition, and they will spread. That would make me so happy to see all your kids excited about the plants growing.
Thank goodness that my neighbor doesn't have any actual animal skulls or heads. I did clean a house that in the man's work office, had all sorts of heads and fish in there Over the summer, Cait would come with me and she *refused* to step one foot in there. I wasn't thrilled either but it was my job so I had no choice. LOL
Hope you had lots of fun with your plants!

I really wish that Trudy, felis, and Jean would stop by soon. :(

Hugs!!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
It feels like it's been weekend for ages. I'm not used to have hubby at home all day LOL Not complaining, but it's different. We've gotten some stuff done in the garden and today we went to the recycling center with some stuff. Feels nice to get rid of things. Not going minimalistic in anyway, it sure was just trash we went there with. I'm the total opposite of minimalistic - close to a hoarder LOL

Tired today. Have got a couple of letters written. A thank you note to a friend who sent me a unicorn last week, and a letter for an pen pal exchanging thing I'm doing. It's like a club, and each month you can sign up for different clubs, and then you get an address to a person you should send a letter about that theme. So I've written a letter about poetry, and sent along two cards I made on the computer with two haiku poems I've written. I'm NOT a poet, but I love playing around with haikus. Got quite satisfied with the cards, used an old Oscraps kit by Charlize with a Japan/Geisha theme.

Best part of today - I have leftover from yesterday's dinner ... I can be lazy. Perfect when I'm tired.

Oh, and it's raining again ... back to normal. LOL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. Sitting here with the heating pad on my lower back. I pushed myself a bit too much yesterday with organizing and sorting thru the basement but nothing serious, just aggravated the arthritis a bit more than usual. I was going to take the dogs to the beach this morning but will hold off until tomorrow, to give my back a chance to settle down. I'll take them to the dog park later instead. I got Remi a big plush log that has 3 holes for stuffing little chipmunk squeakies into. She loves it so much and now Jen wants to order one for Bella too.

Today I'll sort thru the basement again but not lift like I did yesterday. D and J are going to do a trip to the city dump and I've got a few boxes for charity that I'll bring over, maybe this afternoon if my back is ok. The boxes are small and light so I can lift them.

@faerywings glad you had a good visit with your family. Sure sounds like your dad is stubborn but I get that, I'd be the same way LOL. Hopefully he heals up and doesn't get hurt again.

@tanteva me too...close to a hoarder but am changing my ways this last couple of yrs and have been slowly purging the house of unwanted and unneeded stuff. 25+ yrs of stuff in this house, a lot I've not touched in yrs so I know its time to let it go. We want to downsize when we retire next yr so getting rid of things makes sense and it feels good to pass it on to charity and the other stuff goes to the dump, so its out of the house.

I'm going to get another coffee and enjoy a bit of "me" time while the dogs are quiet. Have a good wkend everyone.

tanteva

@tanteva me too...close to a hoarder but am changing my ways this last couple of yrs and have been slowly purging the house of unwanted and unneeded stuff. 25+ yrs of stuff in this house, a lot I've not touched in yrs so I know its time to let it go. We want to downsize when we retire next yr so getting rid of things makes sense and it feels good to pass it on to charity and the other stuff goes to the dump, so its out of the house.

I don't want to think about if/when we need to sell this house. It's huge - and we have lots of storage room. Both in the house and we have 1 shed, 1 car port, 1 garage and 1 guest cottage. (We don't use the guest cottage for guest - it's basically an extra storage room LOL) And I just keep everything! You never know when you need it. Most of the stuff I will never use, but I *might* want to. LOL

felis

I really wish that Trudy, felis, and Jean would stop by soon. :(
Sorry darling, I don't have any time this month. I miss you all so much, but to read and respond properly on daily posts I'll need 1-3 hours, and I don't want to be here just marking presence, because I am really interested and caring what you my friends may have to share.
IG AmiguruMAY takes lots of my time, as I'm not prepared things and wanted to dive completely into the mood, but now my organizing of time is not as good as I expected.

Also I'm in a very strange emotional condition, hate everything that I liked before: reading, gardening, even scraping. Previous month I posted one very ridiculous provocative page just to check did some will notice, but NO, comments that I received was nice and very ordinary, which drives me so angry!!! In past I was banned because I'm using paper instead of element which wasn't in the recipe rules. And now I was post cynical page, but no one cares because it match the recipe. It's so ridiculous! I don't know why I did it it was stupid, but I needed to check did scraping is wasting of my time and seems it is. Also if I hear one more talk about vaccines I'll start to scream!!!

Sorry that I'm not informed what happens to all of you this month, but hope everything is all right!
Hugs and kisses!!! See you next month!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello my lovelies.

My back is killing me! Isn't that a lovely way to start??? I hope I can get out of bed tomorrow.

I got all of my "backyard plants" done - I filled 5 clay pots and the planter is getting VERY full. I told Chuck he was going to have to build me another one. He wasn't amused. Adrienne has been here all day - she just left. Of course, the kids were scarce. That's okay - we're still tough and got a lot done. Chuck helped us too. We got the 2 Hydrangeas in the ground - they're going to be GORGEOUS!! We got 3 shrubs planted but quit for the day. We'll try to get the rest planted tomorrow. The Day Lillys didn't make it in the ground yet, but they're tough! Besides, we decided I need two more. The worst part is putting that weed liner down. Adrienne and I almost nixed that and Chuck showed the easy way to do it, so we did it, with his help. We were cutting holes in it first, then putting the plants in. He made a big X where the plant went, staked it back with some bamboo skewers, then dropped the plants right in. Who knew? I guess I've never used those weed mats before. Tomorrow, we have to go get mulch, then I'll have a finished picture. One of the yellow shrubs is looking very "droopy" since we put it in the dirt. I just watered all of them really well - I'm sure they'll all adjust. All of the ferns got a good drink and I'm done for the day!! Now, we just have the OTHER side of the front garden to do. That may have to wait until fall.

Chris, @faerywings ick on the stuff those guys have! I'm with Cait! That stuff grosses me out.

I'm going to cut this short because I'm very tired. I just want to relax and scrap a page of something. There are several challenges here that I still need to do.

Waving to all and hoping that you have a good weekend.

tanteva

Well, since you all seem to have black belt in gardening, I probably shouldn't tell you about this, but ... here I am. We have this big maple tree in our garden and it's long roots are making it a bit hard to mow the lawn under it. Today I just sprinkled 3 bags of flower seeds (some kind of summer flower mix) between the three biggest roots. I have no idea if it even is possible to work. Seeds were years old, found them in a kitchen drawer. Just sprinkled them all over the grass. LOL I'm not a gardener.

Last day of this long weekend. Will be strange to send hubby off to work tomorrow morning. How quick you get used to new things! Weighing day tomorrow. Will be ........ not so fun, I guess, after us "forgetting" about being Weight Watchers both Wednesday and Thursday evening.

Haven't decided on dinner for tonight yet. Don't feel inspired at all. Which usually is a good thing, actually. It's when I have no clue what to cook, and start grabbing things out of the cupboards and add to the pan, with no plan, that the magic happens. Hopefully this will happen today as well. Still a couple of hours before I have to start cooking.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I survived yesterday. I was shocked when I realized that it had been almost 2 years since I was at BFFs house. She redid so much stuff and it looks great. I am jealous LOL
I didn't make it to the FP, Cait fell back asleep and I was stressing over what to wear (I ended up raiding her closet since I haven't gotten new clothes other than lounge-y pants in years and nothing fits due to COVID lbs). It was awesome getting to hug her and my niece and nephew. And to top it off I was back him in time for dinner :)

No plans today other than getting outside. It is supposed to rain later so my plan is to get out early as I can. not much else happening.

Hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva That is really neat about the letter-writing project. Sounds much more interesting than the Send a potholder to two people on this list ones. Do you handwrite them or is it email?
Hmmm- think your friend can get me Kim's contact info so I can order that NK Unicorn? :p

@bcgal00 How is your back today? I hope that you were able to rest it and it is better.
Does Remi shove her face into the little holes of the log? Caitlyn gets that style of toy for the rats, they usually have them inexpensively around the holidays and she bought a pumpkin, a Christmas tree, and some other varieties. The rats will use them as a little cozy hut. I bet Remi has a lot of fun with the squeakers but if she is a chewer, bet that they don't last too long!
Yeah, my dad is very stubborn - guess that is where I get that from.

@felis Hi sweetheart!! I hope that when you are done with your AmiguruMay you will share a lot of photos of what you have made.
I am sorry that you are feeling emotionally drained. Sending you big hugs!

@Cherylndesigns And how is your back doing today? Did you overdo it too, it sure as heck sounds like it. Chuck is going to have to build me a planter as well so make sure he gets twice the amount of lumber. LOL!! I hate the weed mats too because I always end up digging them up as I move plants all around.
Hope that you rested and that you got some good scrap time in.

@tanteva Howdy, Fellow Gardener! I have done that too- you never know what will pop up. Someone -either Scott or Gary- very optimistically threw down some old grass seed where the snow and dogs killed what lawn was there before. I think I saw a couple of blades starting. Or it could be weeds. *shrugs* I think I know what you can use your guest cottage for... Me!
What did you end up creating for dinner? When I have no ideas it usually turns out to be noodles with butter and cheese or pancakes. ;)

tanteva

Just had terrible news. The rumours about my friend that I mentioned the other day was true. She's no longer with us. Worst part, by her own choice. It's really ¤#%¤ed up - she thought me so much about life, and then she couldn't handle it herself. Those of you who believe in prayers - say one for her 19yo surviving son. He's all alone now.

Might be silent for a while .... or I might talk a lot ... never know how I react to stuff like this. Probably I need to do some scrapping to take my mind off things.

%%#&"¤#&"¤#&!¤

Kythe

CHEERY O
@faerywings Funny you say hydrangeas like a lot of sun. I have one in a big pot on my patio that gets maybe 4 hours of indirect sun a day in the summer and it does really well. I get tons of blooms. I know my mom had one in the middle of her lawn in bright sun and it grew huge. Different variety possibly?

@tanteva -good plan to sort things out over a long period of time before moving to a smaller place. That way it isn't so stressful. I shudder to think about moving. My DH is a bit of a 'keeper of stuff'. I don't touch his things as I would never hear the end of it. Me... I purge on a regular basis. I can't stand clutter nor can I tolerate having clothes that just hang in the closet unworn for whatever reason. I mean I doubt very much I will ever be a size 6 again. lol

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Well, since you all seem to have black belt in gardening, I probably shouldn't tell you about this, but ... here I am. We have this big maple tree in our garden and it's long roots are making it a bit hard to mow the lawn under it. Today I just sprinkled 3 bags of flower seeds (some kind of summer flower mix) between the three biggest roots. I have no idea if it even is possible to work. Seeds were years old, found them in a kitchen drawer. Just sprinkled them all over the grass. LOL I'm not a gardener.

Last day of this long weekend. Will be strange to send hubby off to work tomorrow morning. How quick you get used to new things! Weighing day tomorrow. Will be ........ not so fun, I guess, after us "forgetting" about being Weight Watchers both Wednesday and Thursday evening.

Haven't decided on dinner for tonight yet. Don't feel inspired at all. Which usually is a good thing, actually. It's when I have no clue what to cook, and start grabbing things out of the cupboards and add to the pan, with no plan, that the magic happens. Hopefully this will happen today as well. Still a couple of hours before I have to start cooking.
Eva, how fun - I love that you just threw the flower seeds out! I used to love doing that and like Chris said, it's always a surprise when you see what comes up. They used to call that "Natural Gardening". Black belts in Gardening - I LOVE that!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Just had terrible news. The rumours about my friend that I mentioned the other day was true. She's no longer with us. Worst part, by her own choice. It's really ¤#%¤ed up - she thought me so much about life, and then she couldn't handle it herself. Those of you who believe in prayers - say one for her 19yo surviving son. He's all alone now.

Might be silent for a while .... or I might talk a lot ... never know how I react to stuff like this. Probably I need to do some scrapping to take my mind off things.

%%#&"¤#&"¤#&!¤
I'm so sorry, Eva. Sending you hugs.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@tanteva That is really neat about the letter-writing project. Sounds much more interesting than the Send a potholder to two people on this list ones. Do you handwrite them or is it email?
Hmmm- think your friend can get me Kim's contact info so I can order that NK Unicorn? :p

@bcgal00 How is your back today? I hope that you were able to rest it and it is better.
Does Remi shove her face into the little holes of the log? Caitlyn gets that style of toy for the rats, they usually have them inexpensively around the holidays and she bought a pumpkin, a Christmas tree, and some other varieties. The rats will use them as a little cozy hut. I bet Remi has a lot of fun with the squeakers but if she is a chewer, bet that they don't last too long!
Yeah, my dad is very stubborn - guess that is where I get that from.

@felis Hi sweetheart!! I hope that when you are done with your AmiguruMay you will share a lot of photos of what you have made.
I am sorry that you are feeling emotionally drained. Sending you big hugs!

@Cherylndesigns And how is your back doing today? Did you overdo it too, it sure as heck sounds like it. Chuck is going to have to build me a planter as well so make sure he gets twice the amount of lumber. LOL!! I hate the weed mats too because I always end up digging them up as I move plants all around.
Hope that you rested and that you got some good scrap time in.

@tanteva Howdy, Fellow Gardener! I have done that too- you never know what will pop up. Someone -either Scott or Gary- very optimistically threw down some old grass seed where the snow and dogs killed what lawn was there before. I think I saw a couple of blades starting. Or it could be weeds. *shrugs* I think I know what you can use your guest cottage for... Me!
What did you end up creating for dinner? When I have no ideas it usually turns out to be noodles with butter and cheese or pancakes. ;)
Oh my gosh I totally overdid it yesterday! I could hardly get out of bed this morning. I'm still "cipping" around, but my back and thighs are starting to warm up. We did SO much yesterday! Adrienne just called and said she'd be up in a couple of hours to finish. UGH. I'll HAVE to muster up the stamina somehow. If she's giving up her Sunday, that's the least I can do.

One of my Hydrangeas looks pretty droopy today, but I think it's just in shock from being moved from it's pot. The other one looks real good. We also moved Jacob - he went to a giant clay pot on the back patio. He's looking rather sickly today, too but I think he'll pull out of his funk. My flower pots look SO good on the patio! We drug that pallet over to the corner and put most of the pots on top of it. It gives it real dimension. I'll take pics today. The planter that Chuck built looks amazing!! I added about 12 various herbs and a few stray flowers yesterday. I found my Lavender - I was so excited! I'll put in an order for him to make you one. All of the "babies" I planted yesterday smelled so good (the herbs) and seem very happy and perky in their planter today. Chuck turned my ferns so that they could get the same light on all sides. I used to turn mine daily, but I can't reach these, so I'll have to settle for weekly, when he does it for me. Oh, to be about 3" taller! '

Did I tell you the story about the palette? Roger says "those pallets are disappearing from the job site. Ava and I just looked at each other and giggled. He figured out where they were going. Those suckers aren't cheap if you go to buy them. Everybody wants them now to decorate with. They used to give them away. I'm going to grow some pole beans on one of them - probably next planting. I need to figure out a way to make sure it will stand straight up - probably anchor it against the house. This wind is unbelievable out here.

Kitty is settling in - he's finally stopped hissing and swatting every time Daisy comes within 2 feet of him. I actually got a picture of both of them in the same frame yesterday - granted, they were each on the edge of the frame, but they were both in it. We're making progress.

Have a nice Sunday, or whatever day it is where you are. Hugs.

nancyr

Good Sunday afternoon - I have been busy but I guess that is true for all of us. Thursday the oven repairman showed up and my oven is so old that it cannot be repaired. My DH is in the midst of grading finals and taxes that he does not have time to go now so we are still without an oven. I cant be too mad as the oven had no repairs before it died and its over 25years old. Been watching lots of hockey. Saturday was awesome as I went with my DH up to youngest son so that we could go watch SD (step daughter) in her preseason T-ball ceremony and start of the ceremony. I was a gorgeous day. It is too cute to see these young kids and the energy they have and how the parents have to coral them in. And I just get to watch. LOL The mayor came to speak and he stopped the picture taking so the kids could go listen to the speeches. The parents were not happy but it all worked out. Then went back to the house and Jackie and I along with her mom and sister went David Bridal. OMgosh they have so many dresses I am not sure how one could decide. But she did and the dress is gorgeous. It was fun to be a part of. She loves the dress and that is the most important thing. She also got her maid of honor dress for her sister's wedding. It is really pretty! Then my son said his brother wanted to have Indian food for dinner. We have the best Indian restaurant near us so we order and came to eat at my house. It was so fun to have my sons with their girls and telling stories of their high school days mischief. And boy did they have mischief. But my poor doggie had a vet appointment for update on vaccines and they cancelled without telling me so my DH went there and was not happy. But Luther got a good walk so that was fun for him. Needless to say it was a great day. Now today is more of a rest day. Luther got his walk and now my DH is doing work. I have gotten a lot of my photos backuped and then deleted.

@faerywings Chris so glad the visit with dad went so well. I am not good with changing bandages except my own so glad you could help with that. Also how nice to go to graduation open house. I am sure it was fun to see the home and visit! So great that your computer is cooperating as you add the new programs.

@bcgal00 Rae so sorry about the back. Glad you took it easy for a day. Those dogs are so cute. How awesome that Remi is such a smart dog. Good to know she is treat oriented. Love the stick story.

@tanteva Eva that is a lot of storage area. I know I have so much stuff but I love my stuff. It is more that all of my kids stuff is still at the house and I cant get them to take their stuff to their own homes. Of course I have some baby stuff that maybe I may actually be able to give to my son. That does make me happy. As much as I think about downsizing I love my home and I love all the space. I think all diets require some days where you have to be able to "cheat". My sister does WW and she too likes all the food that are now free. good luck. So sorry to hear about the loss. Of course sending good thoughts to her son.

@BrightEyes Kay congrats on the restart of the laptop. Glad you got your camera back.

@felis felis thanks for the pop in. Glad you are busy!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl love the photos. So good to see the planters. And love the white hydrangeas. Though being a scientist I always like the fact you got blue or pink depending on the acidity of the soil. Hope your back is better too! So glad your kitty is getting acclimated.

Have a great day!

tanteva

Thanks! I'm very tired - this is normal for me when I get emotional. I saw Pitch Perfect is available on Netflix now ... I think that will be a perfect way to distract my head for a while. I hope to be back to normal again tomorrow.

scrap-genie

I'm still around but somehow don't seem to get to writing about the days. We've been doing more birding including a lovely time on my birthday Thursday. The genealogy stuff just keeps on with needing to do lots of stuff. We've been out to dinner once a week for a month now and an extra night for the birthday to the Mexican restaurant I've mentioned in the past. Just don't know where the time goes. Last night and this afternoon we get to watch some hockey.

Chris @faerywings between warmer weather and being able to be with people your life sounds so much more rewarding for you. Don't stress so much about your dad, he'll only do/not do whatever he makes up his mind for. You can't change him. Bet he does well even if.

Eva @tanteva so sorry about your friend. Hugs to you as do try to cope. Can only hope the son can also cope. Sigh. OTOH like the idea of sprinkling flower seeds.

Nancy @nancyr so glad you had that great trip to AZ. All the activities and planning for your younger son are sure giving you a new slice of life to enjoy.

Cheryl @Cherylndesigns do hope your back gets better and you don't overdo today. All the gardening talk sure sounds pretty and like fun. So nice Sam is fitting in.

Rae @bcgal00 sure hope your back is also doing well. Love the stories of your little cutie Remi.

Kay @BrightEyes Is the weather better yet? Hope the computer efforts are coming along well.

Felis @felis Sorry things are confused for you. As to your "test" scrap, I looked back at it and can say I probably didn't comment on it as I wouldn't really agree with the message (and I don't like those faces either.) But I wouldn't said either thing without your comment here. More positive, do look forward to seeing your AmiguruMay results.

Wishing everyone a good day

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm still around but somehow don't seem to get to writing about the days. We've been doing more birding including a lovely time on my birthday Thursday. The genealogy stuff just keeps on with needing to do lots of stuff. We've been out to dinner once a week for a month now and an extra night for the birthday to the Mexican restaurant I've mentioned in the past. Just don't know where the time goes. Last night and this afternoon we get to watch some hockey.

Chris @faerywings between warmer weather and being able to be with people your life sounds so much more rewarding for you. Don't stress so much about your dad, he'll only do/not do whatever he makes up his mind for. You can't change him. Bet he does well even if.

Eva @tanteva so sorry about your friend. Hugs to you as do try to cope. Can only hope the son can also cope. Sigh. OTOH like the idea of sprinkling flower seeds.

Nancy @nancyr so glad you had that great trip to AZ. All the activities and planning for your younger son are sure giving you a new slice of life to enjoy.

Cheryl @Cherylndesigns do hope your back gets better and you don't overdo today. All the gardening talk sure sounds pretty and like fun. So nice Sam is fitting in.

Rae @bcgal00 sure hope your back is also doing well. Love the stories of your little cutie Remi.

Kay @BrightEyes Is the weather better yet? Hope the computer efforts are coming along well.

Felis @felis Sorry things are confused for you. As to your "test" scrap, I looked back at it and can say I probably didn't comment on it as I wouldn't really agree with the message (and I don't like those faces either.) But I wouldn't said either thing without your comment here. More positive, do look forward to seeing your AmiguruMay results.

Wishing everyone a good day
I'm so glad you're enjoying your birding and going out to eat. I know how busy the genealogy stuff keeps you. My BIL is knee deep into it and that's about all he wants to do these days. My back is really barking after working again today, but we got one half of the front done! Now, the second side and we'll be done for awhile. We even got mulch put down on it! Adrienne and I went down into the woods and found some decent sized rocks and added those. We're going to have one of the guys take the backhoe and get a couple of big ones for us. That will complete the look I'm going for!

felis

Thanks! I'm very tired - this is normal for me when I get emotional. I saw Pitch Perfect is available on Netflix now ... I think that will be a perfect way to distract my head for a while. I hope to be back to normal again tomorrow.
Eva this is heartbroken, I'm so sorry sincerely condolences! Sending hugs to you and healing vibes (as I can't pray anymore) to the son!
Please observe yourself this pain to not push you in too wrong direction!
Gosh, it was mental health awareness week, too sad when this happens, unfortunately very common case after isolation and putting people in poverty past 2 years!

felis

As to your "test" scrap, I looked back at it and can say I probably didn't comment on it as I wouldn't really agree with the message (and I don't like those faces either.) But I wouldn't said either thing without your comment here.
:eek: Nope, I love that page and it's nothing wrong with it, just a pure true!!! :D:D LOL!

The test layout was with little boy that 'play naughty game', it was inappropriately cynical for Easter so I apologized and deleted it.

tanteva

Well, it's a new day. Thank you everyone for all kind words. My friend had struggled with mental health for years. We were friends as kids, then both moved away, and like 10 years ago we met again. Both struggling with mental health, we really hit it off and had a very good and deep friendship. But when I started in therapy and started with mindfulness meditations to get better, she rejected the fact that she was ill. She was convinced that the problem laid with the world and the system. With no insight that you are sick, there is really no chance to get better. It went so far, that she stopped calling, like she resented me from getting better. Last few years we had no contact at all. I just thought she'd moved on, and I myself, did move on. Had no idea how bad it had gotten.

It's such an effing shame. She thought me so much about mindfulness, alternative thinking and about life in general. She was so smart and bright, full of knowledge about so much. It's weird to think that a person who learned me so much about life, just couldn't handle it herself.

PROMISE ME - if life ever gets too dark - call for help! Life is always worth living!