Oscraps

Daily Ooos: March 9-10: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:yesss: It's the weekend!
Gary asked me first thing this morning, "Today is a quiet day for you, right?"
Um, nope.
I am going to the FP this morning and then Cait and I are getting the first coat of paint on the ceiling. I have leftover ceiling paint when I did the LR/DR a few years ago and I hated working with it. Together we decided that we'd save the money and use up the rest of this gallon. The area isn't as big as downstairs and if the two of us are working together, it won't be as bad. Right???? :D
I know what I'll do-- I'll have her put on her wedding playlist and see if I can figure out the song she picked for us to walk her down the aisle. ♥ That will distract me from the yucky paint rolling.

Update on the phone saga. My phone is completely dead. We could have tried to replace the battery. The kit was $50 and after scrolling through the 40+ steps to actually do it, we said it was more than either of us were up for especially since we had no idea if it even was the battery. I wasn't having any trouble with the phone before, not charging or anything.
Gary tried to get the old phone, a Galaxy 8, connected but the SIM card was deactivated and T-Mobile couldn't reactivate it. I was hoping I'd have some time to look for a new (refurb) phone but I had to research pretty fast. Gary and I looked at a bunch of phones/models and I picked out a Pixel 7 Pro. (My old one was a Pixel 5a). The Pro was a little more expensive than the 7 but the camera looks like it is going to be awesome. I hate the camera on the 5a, it's awful. I had to pay an extra $10 for next-day shipping so it should be here today.

I didn't get out for a hike but I wandered around the woods in the back instead. I saw a bunch of different shelf mushrooms and I think I was able to ID them with Scott's field guide. I also watched a downy woodpecker for a while. I asked my neighbor if she was interested, I'd bring a bottle of wine one afternoon and have her help me look for some birds. They have a deck and boardwalk built back there. She was up for it :wine4:

I'd better get myself rolling, I need to get some breakfast before I go to the FP. Wouldn't it be ironic if I passed out from hunger while waiting in line for 2 hours for food? :floorlaugh:

xoxoxo!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Syd's spring break sounds wonderful! I am sending her safe driving vibes :sparkles1:
No, Cait and Tom weren't able to find a house or apt to either buy or rent that was in their budget. Everything is so expensive everywhere but NNJ is notorious as part of the NYC metro area. They are staying here with us for as long as they need. They are turning Scott's old BR into a LR. They have a small DR table and loveseat already. The 4 of us are working on some renovations- painting and new flooring. Plus the full bathroom upstairs needs work. It's all stuff that Gary and I would have had to do anyway (Scott was a slob!) so it's good for us- we are splitting the costs of the reno/utilities. And it is good for them- the'll have the same amount of room, if not more as the rentals they are looking at. Plus they'll be able to actually save money for a house instead of all of their money going to rent.
I feel bad but glad at the same time. YKWIM? They deserved to be on their own as newlyweds but it didn't make sense for them financially.

@taxed4ever hahah!! My mom was the same way when we would have garage sales as your FIL is with his tools. Her thing was the kids' clothes. She priced them higher because she remembered my kids wearing them, must have increased value if the kids looked cute :rotfl: I'd laugh every time.
Hugs to you and your family regarding your brother. It has to be a bittersweet end to a long life. :hug3:
A dishwasher *should* last more than 7 years but they don't make 'em like they used to. Nothing is.
I was telling the family the other day that this week is 4 years since we went into lockdown. 4 years!!!! Time is the weirdest thing. SMH!

@vickyday That's not too bad of pricing for consults, IMO. Lyme consults run well over $1000 for the first visit. I think it is a good idea to do the consult and see how you feel with the extra information. Good luck!!
Hope the weather cooperated so you could go on your walk.

@BrightEyes This past week flew by, didn't it? Are you ready for the clocks tonight? Good luck, I know this one always throws you off.
That's so sweet that your grandson will help with your yard :)
I hope that you were able to find a good book to read.

@Cherylndesigns I hope that the weather stays nice and warm and dry for a few days for you. Have you and Ava been able to get the bench together yet?
My phone wasn't old to me-- probably only 2 years but it was a refurb model. I don't like to put money on the monthly bill because I am already at "more bills than income" every month as it is. My mom and ILs give me money for my birthday and I put it aside until I need something expensive. I had the cash to get a phone, I just don't like spending that money-- it's like my security blanket :D
Thank goodness for YouTube. Man, you can find out how to do just about anything there LOL! Good job with the printer.

Sheesh, I am still blabbering on---
xoxoxo!!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Woke up to cloudy skies, wet ground (rain...yea!) and temperature at freezing! Will be a good day to stay in and hibernate. Yes, I did find a book to read - Haunting by Heather Graham. I watched "Abyss" - a Swedish film on Netflix last evening. @tanteva have you seen it?? They did a fantastic job on the voice overlay into English. The special effects on ground sinking disasters were very realist looking. No, it doesn't bother me to read or watch things about ghosts or disasters... CRAZY!!! :rotfl:

Yes, @faerywings I hate the time change. Woke up this morning thinking I had missed changing the clocks... then realized it is tonight instead. Probably take me a few weeks to adjust... like it does every year. No major appointments this week, thank goodness. Hope the line for FP is shorter today. Sorry that the cell phone is dead. You are wise not to hike in the woods until you get the new one.

@taxed4ever I am sorry to hear about your brother. :hug2: Did Gary take a look at the dishwasher yet?? I agree... 7 years is not very long for the DW to last.

@Cherylndesigns sounds like it has been warm enough for the family to help put the bench together. Did you get the yard/flower beds cleaned out?? I should get the pots cleaned out so the daylilies are visible. I will have grandson clean out the 2 pots in the front yard for me as they are filled with dead plants. I will have him leave the pots there as my kids use the pots to spot my house. The neighbor's house next door looks very much like mine except for the pots. :lol23:

Time to pull out the ground beef and get a big pot of Enchiladas Sauce cooking. Don't want to be cooking when niece and her SO are here. I did hear from her and all is on tract for them to be here on Wednesday afternoon. They should be at my sister's tomorrow.

The house is finally warm so I can get my shower and get dressed. HAGWE

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@BrightEyes Yes, I've seen Abyss, saw it the day they released it. Really liked it! Tuva Nuvotny (who plays the main character) is one of my favorite actresses. Also, I love disaster movies. Kiruna (the town where it's set) has actually moved for real. The mining has made the old Kiruna dangerous and they've rebuilt the city at a safer place.

As you saw in the movie the sun don't set for a while in the summer, not sure, but for couple of months or something. It's that far up north. On the other hand, the sun doesn't rise for a couple of months mid winter.

And a fun fact for ice hockey fans: Kiruna is the hometown of Börje Salming.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
:yesss: It's the weekend!
Gary asked me first thing this morning, "Today is a quiet day for you, right?"
Um, nope.
I am going to the FP this morning and then Cait and I are getting the first coat of paint on the ceiling. I have leftover ceiling paint when I did the LR/DR a few years ago and I hated working with it. Together we decided that we'd save the money and use up the rest of this gallon. The area isn't as big as downstairs and if the two of us are working together, it won't be as bad. Right???? :D
I know what I'll do-- I'll have her put on her wedding playlist and see if I can figure out the song she picked for us to walk her down the aisle. ♥ That will distract me from the yucky paint rolling.

Update on the phone saga. My phone is completely dead. We could have tried to replace the battery. The kit was $50 and after scrolling through the 40+ steps to actually do it, we said it was more than either of us were up for especially since we had no idea if it even was the battery. I wasn't having any trouble with the phone before, not charging or anything.
Gary tried to get the old phone, a Galaxy 8, connected but the SIM card was deactivated and T-Mobile couldn't reactivate it. I was hoping I'd have some time to look for a new (refurb) phone but I had to research pretty fast. Gary and I looked at a bunch of phones/models and I picked out a Pixel 7 Pro. (My old one was a Pixel 5a). The Pro was a little more expensive than the 7 but the camera looks like it is going to be awesome. I hate the camera on the 5a, it's awful. I had to pay an extra $10 for next-day shipping so it should be here today.

I didn't get out for a hike but I wandered around the woods in the back instead. I saw a bunch of different shelf mushrooms and I think I was able to ID them with Scott's field guide. I also watched a downy woodpecker for a while. I asked my neighbor if she was interested, I'd bring a bottle of wine one afternoon and have her help me look for some birds. They have a deck and boardwalk built back there. She was up for it :wine4:

I'd better get myself rolling, I need to get some breakfast before I go to the FP. Wouldn't it be ironic if I passed out from hunger while waiting in line for 2 hours for food? :floorlaugh:

xoxoxo!!!
I thought you were going to say you would have Cait put on her wedding.....dress! HA! Glad that wasn't the case and that I didn't stop reading! What was yucky about working with the paint when you did the LR/DR? The color? I'm surprised the leftovers are still good!
Hate you ended up having to get a new phone but it sounds like a nice one!
Maybe if you passed out in the food line they would move you up to the front! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Syd's spring break sounds wonderful! I am sending her safe driving vibes :sparkles1:
No, Cait and Tom weren't able to find a house or apt to either buy or rent that was in their budget. Everything is so expensive everywhere but NNJ is notorious as part of the NYC metro area. They are staying here with us for as long as they need. They are turning Scott's old BR into a LR. They have a small DR table and loveseat already. The 4 of us are working on some renovations- painting and new flooring. Plus the full bathroom upstairs needs work. It's all stuff that Gary and I would have had to do anyway (Scott was a slob!) so it's good for us- we are splitting the costs of the reno/utilities. And it is good for them- the'll have the same amount of room, if not more as the rentals they are looking at. Plus they'll be able to actually save money for a house instead of all of their money going to rent.
I feel bad but glad at the same time. YKWIM? They deserved to be on their own as newlyweds but it didn't make sense for them financially.

@taxed4ever hahah!! My mom was the same way when we would have garage sales as your FIL is with his tools. Her thing was the kids' clothes. She priced them higher because she remembered my kids wearing them, must have increased value if the kids looked cute :rotfl: I'd laugh every time.
Hugs to you and your family regarding your brother. It has to be a bittersweet end to a long life. :hug3:
A dishwasher *should* last more than 7 years but they don't make 'em like they used to. Nothing is.
I was telling the family the other day that this week is 4 years since we went into lockdown. 4 years!!!! Time is the weirdest thing. SMH!

@vickyday That's not too bad of pricing for consults, IMO. Lyme consults run well over $1000 for the first visit. I think it is a good idea to do the consult and see how you feel with the extra information. Good luck!!
Hope the weather cooperated so you could go on your walk.

@BrightEyes This past week flew by, didn't it? Are you ready for the clocks tonight? Good luck, I know this one always throws you off.
That's so sweet that your grandson will help with your yard :)
I hope that you were able to find a good book to read.

@Cherylndesigns I hope that the weather stays nice and warm and dry for a few days for you. Have you and Ava been able to get the bench together yet?
My phone wasn't old to me-- probably only 2 years but it was a refurb model. I don't like to put money on the monthly bill because I am already at "more bills than income" every month as it is. My mom and ILs give me money for my birthday and I put it aside until I need something expensive. I had the cash to get a phone, I just don't like spending that money-- it's like my security blanket :D
Thank goodness for YouTube. Man, you can find out how to do just about anything there LOL! Good job with the printer.

Sheesh, I am still blabbering on---
xoxoxo!!!
I didn't think the pricing was too awful! I've been doing further hunting for DO doctors. I actually found one that does take insurance.....just not mine! The hunt continues!
Nope, no walk for me yesterday. And today is worse than yesterday, so I won't be walking today, either!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Woke up to cloudy skies, wet ground (rain...yea!) and temperature at freezing! Will be a good day to stay in and hibernate. Yes, I did find a book to read - Haunting by Heather Graham. I watched "Abyss" - a Swedish film on Netflix last evening. @tanteva have you seen it?? They did a fantastic job on the voice overlay into English. The special effects on ground sinking disasters were very realist looking. No, it doesn't bother me to read or watch things about ghosts or disasters... CRAZY!!! :rotfl:

Yes, @faerywings I hate the time change. Woke up this morning thinking I had missed changing the clocks... then realized it is tonight instead. Probably take me a few weeks to adjust... like it does every year. No major appointments this week, thank goodness. Hope the line for FP is shorter today. Sorry that the cell phone is dead. You are wise not to hike in the woods until you get the new one.

@taxed4ever I am sorry to hear about your brother. :hug2: Did Gary take a look at the dishwasher yet?? I agree... 7 years is not very long for the DW to last.

@Cherylndesigns sounds like it has been warm enough for the family to help put the bench together. Did you get the yard/flower beds cleaned out?? I should get the pots cleaned out so the daylilies are visible. I will have grandson clean out the 2 pots in the front yard for me as they are filled with dead plants. I will have him leave the pots there as my kids use the pots to spot my house. The neighbor's house next door looks very much like mine except for the pots. :lol23:

Time to pull out the ground beef and get a big pot of Enchiladas Sauce cooking. Don't want to be cooking when niece and her SO are here. I did hear from her and all is on tract for them to be here on Wednesday afternoon. They should be at my sister's tomorrow.

The house is finally warm so I can get my shower and get dressed. HAGWE
I need to clean out my flower/veggie boxes from last year still! After I broke my wrist and back last October I haven't been able to tackle it.....that and all of the other health issues I've been putting up with! But the green is coming up with the dead now so something needs to be done!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Morning all,

I have to be brief - LOL. Ava's picking me up at 12:30 for lunch. Don't know where we're going and don't care. I'm hungry already. Chris @faerywings good news on getting the phone (hopefully) today. Kay @BrightEyes how fun that your niece and SO are on the way. You're always so on the ball with getting your food prep done - send me some of your vibes, will you? About the bench - the problem is that the temp can't go below 65 for 3 consecutive days, in order for the Gorilla Glue to dry. Our daytime temps are nice, but it is still getting cool at night. My furnace has even been kicking on at night. It's in the mid-forties most nights. I can't put it together inside, because of the toxic odor of the glue. I'm extremely allergic to anything that smells like that. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage to work in, either. During the day, you'd swear it was spring, but it looks like it's going to be in the 40's and 50's at night for awhile. I'm SO anxious to get it put together and we have the spot ready, but it's so heavy that we want to build it where it will sit.

I'll get back on here later on. Not sure what else we're doing, but I need dog food, so we're going to have to stop somewhere. Til later.................XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon to all!
Rainy and cold here today. 49 feels like 46 and not going to stop raining for awhile, if at all today.
Went to breakfast with the church ladies this morning. There were 11 of us. It was a fun outing. Ruth and I did not do the shopping trip afterwards as we are not keen on shopping.
The rain put the kibosh on Mark and the guys shooting in the woods, however. So he's a bit bored today.
I'm still hunting for doctors for treating my osteoporosis and IBS, preferably alternatively to the big Pharma drug doctors!
Other than that, no plans for me today. I went to bed at 9 last night, fell right to sleep, woke up at 5:30 for the potty and have been awake since! I'll probably go to bed early again tonight, so the time change will probably have me up in the middle of the night!
HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Sunday! I am not worried about the date today for a change. It's the clocks I have to be wary of. LOL! Most of mine seem to have been updated automatically but the ones in the kitchen haven't yet. You all know the feeling of squinting at the clocks pre-coffee, trying to do the math in your head to figure that out, am I right?

Sit down before you read any further.
All good?
I went to the FP and it was practically empty! I got there at 10.30, there was one person in front of me, and I was out in 15 minutes. In fact, I was still chatting with the volunteers in the check-in area when they said my bags were packed and ready. I was #31 compared to 78 the last time I was there and arrived at 10 am. SMH! They told me they serviced 140 families that week. :jawdrop3:
I told them again how much I appreciate them and all they do for the community.
On a side note, I am going to have to stay away from there before the wedding. Any dieting will be sabotaged by the dessert offerings there. This week, I got a maple walnut layer cake and OMG, it was delicious!! Gary didn't like it, he said there were too many walnuts. As if! I finished his piece and then went back for a little more. *pats ever-growing tummy* :p

Caitlyn and I got the first coat of paint on the ceiling and she and Tom were going to do the second after he got here last night. They want to do the walls today. The contractor will be here tomorrow at 8.30 am to start ripping out the floor and tiles that are rotted. It's gonna be chaos.
This week is going to be busy so my big goal today is to get organized and all my activities and meals planned out.

BTW- the phone came in yesterday morning and Gary had set it up with T-Mobile for me while I was painting. The best part-- even though my Pixel 5 was dead and gone, I was able to transfer everything to the new one. dance4 Not sure how, but my apps, photos, contacts, texts- it's all there! The only negative that I found out so far is there isn't a headphone jack. I listen to podcasts while I fall asleep (last night's was about the real Braveheart, not the fake Mel Gibson version). I normally use wireless during the day and I use wired at night while the wireless charges. I am going to need to figure out how to make that work. Not bad if that is the main negative feature. I didn't even realize that newer phones don't have the jack anymore.

Hope you all have a great day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Did the weather warm up and dry out at all yesterday? It sounds like it was a good day to read and watch TV.
Ghosts/paranormal movies don't bother me but I grew up in the 70's Disaster Movie era. I remember seeing the Poseidon Adventure, Towering Inferno, Earthquake, China Syndrome and always thinking that was going to happen IRL. And quicksand. Every kid in my generation always thought we were going to die in quicksand. Anyone else think that?
You must be so excited that your niece is on her way!
LOL-ing at needing to keep your flower pots out so the family can find your house!

@tanteva They moved an entire city? How long did that take? My town in getting an old bridge fixed and the entire project is going to last 8 years. Ha!

@vickyday :eek: Could you imagine Caitlyn painting her wedding dress! :rotfl:
When I painted the LR/DR area, I bought Benjamin Moore paint which is expensive but soooo worth it. For the ceiling, I bought some brand from Walmart, cheap ceiling white. No matter how smooth you roll it or how many coats you put on, it looks streaky when the light hits it. So I just don't look up hahaha!
That stinks that the DO you found doesn't take your insurance, good luck continuing on the search.
Breakfast with the church girls sounds like it was a lot of fun. :groupchat:

@Cherylndesigns I don't; even have to ask if you and Ava had fun at lunch, I know you did. What is she up to know, she have any competitions coming up?
I am impatient for you to get the bench together but you are right in waiting until you know the temps will be correct so it holds tight. It feels like we should be much farther along into Spring. Yesterday, I got in the car, saw it was 36*, and had to go back inside to get a warmer coat.

Hugs to everyone who stops in! :hug4:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I was smart yesterday afternoon and changed the clocks before I had supper. The one that is a PITA is the large ornate clock that hangs over the pantry door in the kitchen. It is a 2' round one with scroll work around the edges. It is lightweight but cumbersome when I can only use one hand on it and one on the door frame w/stepstool or on the ladder. I can reach it standing on the stepstool to get it down. But end up having to use a ladder to put it back in place. Of course... I am not suppose to climb on either stepstool or ladder... so it is always a challenge when the battery needs to be changed or the time changes happen. I made sure I had my Alert1 (fall alarm-call for help) around my neck before I climbed on either one and was very careful as I did it. Decided that should be the last time I do that... will wait until someone is here and let them do it for me. Of course, since it large - it is the one I look to when in the kitchen or family room!!!

Wow... it is only 24*F...:brrr::brrr::brrr: but the streets are clear and dry and not too cloudy. It may get to high 50's late this afternoon. I am waiting to see if grandson will come over to do the yard today. I should get the laundry sorted and done since I am staying in
and cooking the enchiladas sauce. The ground beef didn't thaw until late yesterday afternoon so put off doing it until today. I like it to simmer for at least 2-3 hours to bring out the full flavor.

@faerywings Yes, I watched all those disaster movies, too... and also have DVDs of them!!! I just watched Towering Infernal last week!!! :rotfl: Back in the '70's - 80's, when we lived in California... we were sure "The BIG ONE" (earthquake) would hit at any time. Glad it was a QUICK and EASY TIME at the FP!!! Wow... sounds like you made out on desserts this time. Oh, I love walnuts (and most other nuts) on/in desserts! So this week will be the big tear-out on the bathroom. Hope all goes smoothly ... and quickly..

BTW... I am loving all the new siggy's I see popping up... Chris, Vicky, Cheryl!!! I will be changing mine at the end of the month - hopefully to one that can last a couple of months. Probably will do a spring/summer one.

@tanteva Thanks for more info on that movie and the actual town that had to be moved... So scary to know there was some truth to the town having to be moved!!! YIKES!!! Yes, I agree... the gal who had the lead role in it was very good. I will check Netflix out to see if there are any more Swedish films playing.

@vickyday Hope your search for a DO works out soon. You are wise to check them out and hopefully will find one who will take your insurance and can help you with both the Osto and IB problems.

@Cherylndesigns I wasn't thinking about how cold it still is getting at night!! You are right to wait until it is warmer to glue the bench together. I forgot how strong the Gorilla Glue smell is... no way you want to use it inside - not to mention having to move it!!

Coffee cup needs refilling and will get the laundry sorted. BBL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning,

Happy Spring Forward Day. This one doesn't bother me like the "falling back" does. That one really messes with me. Kay @BrightEyes I'm glad you got your clock changed. I started to climb up on my stool and get some boxes down from a shelf that I can't reach, but thought better of it. I waited until one of the kids came over. I don't do well with heights anyway and the thought of falling and getting laid up scared me out of it. I had the stool sitting right there, but changed my mind. Everybody was gone except Alyssa and she came over on her way home from work and got them down. They're all so tall, they don't need ladders for stuff like that. Boy, 24 is cold! :brrr::brrr:

Chris @faerywings congrats on the new phone. No jack for your
headphones? That would be a problem for me. I have the wireless ones, which I wear to bed (reverse from your routine). My Airpods don't stay in my ears very well, so I don't wear them outside because I'm afraid I'll lose one of them. Mine are the OG's - Chuck got them for me when they first came out. The newer ones have some kind of pads that prevent that. Mine are "one size fits all". I'd love to get new ones, but just haven't broken down and spent the money. Though, I think the newer ones aren't as expensive as the OG's. So, I do still use my wired headphones once in awhile. The charging "receptacle" is also the headphone jack on mine. I do have some big noise cancelling headphones and they're wireless. They're my "Do Not Disturb" headphones. :floorlaugh: Hard to sleep in those, though.

Yes, we had fun yesterday and Adrienne and Alyssa surprised us and wanted to go too, so it was a girls' day out. We went to that restaurant in town that has those amazing Monte Christo sandwiches. Alyssa had the best soup - we all had a taste of it. Creamy tomato with Gouda Cheese. Yummmmmmm

I'm getting so anxious to have my bench built - these darned low temps at night - ugh. It gets pretty warm during the day, then drops down at night. I just walked up to get Lila and it's only 50 but no wind which is rare and it makes it feel so much warmer. The wind was whipping yesterday and when I opened the French door to let Daisy out it blew the door right out of my hand. She just looked at me like "what happened?" The door went all the way backwards to the outside of the house. We don't normally get wind out of that direction, so it startled me. The front of the house is like a wind tunnel most days. The wind comes from the foothills and makes a path straight up to out house, but I'd never had a wind gust like that in the back of the house. When I walk up to Adrienne's, it feels so much warmer, just because of the direction their house sits in.

Well, I'm getting hungry just writing about food. I had a scrambled egg, with hashbrowns scrambled in the eggs, cheese and diced black olives for dinner last night. Oh, I put Panko crumbs on it, too. I threw 2 sausages in the air fryer too. Now that Ava made me a video on how to use the thing, I'm using it more and more. There are also tons of recipes on TikTok. I wasn't sure how long to cook the sausages for so I did a voice search on TikTok and there were so many of them. I fixed a baked potato the other night in there, too. I've re-discovered cooking after all the years of Chuck doing most of it. I actually love getting creative with it and right now am pretty much cooking with what's already here. Chuck did the food shopping too and had been ordering groceries for pickup in the last few months. There is a lot of dried goods and canned foods - he loved soup from a can, and I've had fun using some of the noodles and lentils stash. I quit that food box, but it gave me lots of ideas on food combos so I substitute now with what's here. Who knew? :lol23:

Well, hugs to everybody. I need to go eat now. :hug4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Did the weather warm up and dry out at all yesterday? It sounds like it was a good day to read and watch TV.
Ghosts/paranormal movies don't bother me but I grew up in the 70's Disaster Movie era. I remember seeing the Poseidon Adventure, Towering Inferno, Earthquake, China Syndrome and always thinking that was going to happen IRL. And quicksand. Every kid in my generation always thought we were going to die in quicksand. Anyone else think that?
You must be so excited that your niece is on her way!
LOL-ing at needing to keep your flower pots out so the family can find your house!

@tanteva They moved an entire city? How long did that take? My town in getting an old bridge fixed and the entire project is going to last 8 years. Ha!

@vickyday :eek: Could you imagine Caitlyn painting her wedding dress! :rotfl:
When I painted the LR/DR area, I bought Benjamin Moore paint which is expensive but soooo worth it. For the ceiling, I bought some brand from Walmart, cheap ceiling white. No matter how smooth you roll it or how many coats you put on, it looks streaky when the light hits it. So I just don't look up hahaha!
That stinks that the DO you found doesn't take your insurance, good luck continuing on the search.
Breakfast with the church girls sounds like it was a lot of fun. :groupchat:

@Cherylndesigns I don't; even have to ask if you and Ava had fun at lunch, I know you did. What is she up to know, she have any competitions coming up?
I am impatient for you to get the bench together but you are right in waiting until you know the temps will be correct so it holds tight. It feels like we should be much farther along into Spring. Yesterday, I got in the car, saw it was 36*, and had to go back inside to get a warmer coat.

Hugs to everyone who stops in! :hug4:
I sent 3 emails to doctors this weekend. One has responded very early this morning and I have called and left a message for her to call me back.....and they take medicare!!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I was smart yesterday afternoon and changed the clocks before I had supper. The one that is a PITA is the large ornate clock that hangs over the pantry door in the kitchen. It is a 2' round one with scroll work around the edges. It is lightweight but cumbersome when I can only use one hand on it and one on the door frame w/stepstool or on the ladder. I can reach it standing on the stepstool to get it down. But end up having to use a ladder to put it back in place. Of course... I am not suppose to climb on either stepstool or ladder... so it is always a challenge when the battery needs to be changed or the time changes happen. I made sure I had my Alert1 (fall alarm-call for help) around my neck before I climbed on either one and was very careful as I did it. Decided that should be the last time I do that... will wait until someone is here and let them do it for me. Of course, since it large - it is the one I look to when in the kitchen or family room!!!

Wow... it is only 24*F...:brrr::brrr::brrr: but the streets are clear and dry and not too cloudy. It may get to high 50's late this afternoon. I am waiting to see if grandson will come over to do the yard today. I should get the laundry sorted and done since I am staying in
and cooking the enchiladas sauce. The ground beef didn't thaw until late yesterday afternoon so put off doing it until today. I like it to simmer for at least 2-3 hours to bring out the full flavor.

@faerywings Yes, I watched all those disaster movies, too... and also have DVDs of them!!! I just watched Towering Infernal last week!!! :rotfl: Back in the '70's - 80's, when we lived in California... we were sure "The BIG ONE" (earthquake) would hit at any time. Glad it was a QUICK and EASY TIME at the FP!!! Wow... sounds like you made out on desserts this time. Oh, I love walnuts (and most other nuts) on/in desserts! So this week will be the big tear-out on the bathroom. Hope all goes smoothly ... and quickly..

BTW... I am loving all the new siggy's I see popping up... Chris, Vicky, Cheryl!!! I will be changing mine at the end of the month - hopefully to one that can last a couple of months. Probably will do a spring/summer one.

@tanteva Thanks for more info on that movie and the actual town that had to be moved... So scary to know there was some truth to the town having to be moved!!! YIKES!!! Yes, I agree... the gal who had the lead role in it was very good. I will check Netflix out to see if there are any more Swedish films playing.

@vickyday Hope your search for a DO works out soon. You are wise to check them out and hopefully will find one who will take your insurance and can help you with both the Osto and IB problems.

@Cherylndesigns I wasn't thinking about how cold it still is getting at night!! You are right to wait until it is warmer to glue the bench together. I forgot how strong the Gorilla Glue smell is... no way you want to use it inside - not to mention having to move it!!

Coffee cup needs refilling and will get the laundry sorted. BBL
My searching continued all day Saturday. I sent 3 emails out and got one response this morning. Waiting for a call-back from them! And they do accept medicare!