Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: June 21-22: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Summer Solstice, or Winter, to my darling Down Under O-Fam!
Today is my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. How awesome is that? They went out yesterday to a little artsy town and walked around and apparently had a very nice time together. Some days they bicker so darn much, it makes Cait ask if they really like each other. But something has to be said for making it to 50 years.
Did I tell you that their album came in? I think I did, but it is really such a trip seeing the pages all printed out.

Tomorrow is the anniversary brunch and I am looking forward to being with them, and having a nice mimosa as well. That is, as long as I am feeling better. The last couple of days, esp today, I have woken up feeling drunk/hungover. Pretty sad since I haven't drank anything! I wouldn't mind feeling like crap if I at least had a little bit if fun to show for it LOL

Scott had a weird kind of day yesterday. His last day of HS. He said that when he walked out, and realized it was the last time walking out as a student he was like Holy S***!!!!!!! Literally, that is what he said (minus the **** ) I am still not sure if I think it has hit me yet. I really don't think so. I am also not sure if I am going to cry my eyes out at the ceremony. For those of you who have been here with me for a long time, you might remember that 4-5 years ago, I didn't know that Scott would graduate, or even be alive. He was so sick back then, and so depressed and angry. But here is he, graduating, going to college, with a great relationship with a fantastic girl. It's like all of the things a mom could wish for are coming true. When I look back and see how far he has come over the last several years. *speechless* My heart really feels like it is overflowing. Joy, pride, a twinge of sadness that my baby is growing up-(guess I am not really speechless after all, but then, when am I ever??)

Today looks like it is going to be a gorgeous day. I would love to go to the lake for a bit. The library sent me a notice that the latest Mortal Instruments book that I put on hold is ready to be picked up. Maybe if I can get my "hangover" under control I can do that.

I'd love to get a little bit of color on my face for the party tomorrow even though I know how bad the sun is....

BTW, I am still struggling with the decision about the tamoxifen. I really need to make an appt for a second opinion and be really prepared with questions. I have been trying to do a lot of research and I just read that tamox can cause inflammation of the veins. Well, IMHO, that is probably *not* a good side effect with a PICC. And yes I still want a hysterectomy :D

What good plans do you all have for today/weekend? I hope that all of you have a wonderful day, and that it is full of love and sunshine!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh yeah, I did tell you that the book came and that I love it LOL

Phyllis, glad I am not the only one who wants that bubble wrap. It took every last bit of effort to not ask Scott to text me when he got to Prom.
Yes, ny insurance is through Obamacare and its not my actual plan that is giving me issues. I cannot be thankful enough that I was able to get such an awesome plan. Back in Oct I was choosing between a lower premium and higher out of pocket costs or a higher premium and lower OOP. I chose the higher premium and have awesome coverage. All of my cancer treatments have been covered. I had to pay $1250 OOP and everything else has been 100% covered. Thank goodness! Even my trip to the ER should not cost me a penny, not even a co-pay.

The real insurance issues are b/c of the lyme and how it is not covered at all. Its more of an IDSA tying the hands of insurance co's Issue.NY just passed legislation to protect drs who treat lyme using ILADS standards of care rather than IDSA. Previously, drs could and would get their licences yanked if they did, which is why they can't take insurance. Legal bullshit and ramifications and they patients get royally screwed.

Oh dear, I did it again. more health ranting :(

Well, at least I am not complaining about the weather! :pound:

Sound like your town's health/hospital issues are going to be a PITA too.
Did you find your kibbee? I am not sure what that is but I am betting something Mediterranean?

Sara. How do you deal with your family some days? They all seem to have a flare for drama! Try to have fun at the showers. I hope that Becca is ok with having the other cousin take over her time.
No Joe/Ranger drama? That is so not cool. That is some of the best parts of the book. Grandma Mazur and her gun is a close second.hahah! But it sounds like a good summer read. I hope that she is just not churning them out, that would be sad. Have you read either of her collab books, The Heist and The Chase? They were ok. Not funny like Stephanie but fast paced and easy to read.

Nancy- how weird to not be able to get connected to the O. I would have a heart attack if that happened to me. Bet getting your hair done was a treat!

Jean- happy belated birthday to your hubby! Hope that the genealogy meeting goes great! Are you speaking at this one too?

Hugs to everyone that comes in today.

PS: Missing Andrea C a lot today too.

petey111

Good morning dear Faery!

I have to say, I am so proud of Scott too and I'm not even his mother. I remember how difficult it was and I am so happy for your family for him to be where he is. (Cait too.)

Congrats on your parents. Bickering or not, 50 years is a heck of a long time! I am happy they are still together and most of the time (because that's what I think it is with all marriages) still enjoy each other.

That stinks to feel blechy and not even have a reason to! I hope you feel better so you can get your book! There was a .99 Stephanie Bond book on Amazon yesterday, I don't know when it goes back to full price. I had to snag it. I signed up for Book Bub again. (I think I had it before, but didn't take advantage for some reason. Now I love it. Good books for free/cheap!) I can't decide if the next "not for school" series I should start should be Mortal Instruments or Game of Thrones.

I can't imagine making the decision about the treatment. So many pros and cons to consider! I hope you get some helpful advice.

We went to the pool yesterday with a friend and her kids and it was lovely. We didn't want to leave. Of course, my shoulders got burned. I swear it doesn't matter what I do with them...they burn. Then we took Ben to baseball practice and dropped a table and chairs off at MIL's for the shower on Sunday. I gulped down a glass of wine with her friends because I knew we were going to have to go get Ben early because storms were coming. Sure enough, right after MIL poured the pomegranate zin, a severe thunderstorm warning alert on my phone. We stayed maybe 10 minutes and then left to pick up Ben. Got to him just as the rain started. My SIL had him in her car with her kids because everyone else has already left! And my oh my did it storm after that. It rained and thundered and a little bit of hail. And it rained and it rained. It didn't stop! It was still raining at 1 a.m. at least. Lots of flash floods around here. The river was already at flood stage, so I don't know what last night did to it. Crazy summer weather. It seems like weather in general is now more extreme more often than it used to be. Dumb humans causing climate change! Supposed to be hot and more story the next two days. Hopefully, not as much rain! I'll need to put Noah on speed dial!

Today we have a shower and the pizza at my MIL's with the fam. I should probably work on my project for my class in between. It's due Wednesday, and we decided to take Monday to go to the nearby amusement park.

I hope everyone has a great day doing fun weekend stuff!

petey111

Oh Chris - I did enjoy The Heist and the Chase. They need to intensify the attraction between Kate and Nick though. :)

nancyr

good morning! It is a glorious day here in NJ. Blue sky low humidity and in the 70s for a high. It was so nice even my cat want to go outside for a nice stroll. She is only out about 20 min of just strolling and sniffing and then she will hear a loud car or truck go by and she wants back in. She walks right back to the door and looks at me to let her in. Cracks me up. I will watch more soccer, then get in a good walk and watch more soccer LOL.

Chris I am sitting here thinking that my oldest has already had his 10 yr class reunion - where does time go. I am so happy that things are working out so well for Scott and Cait. Hope you feel better! 50 years is awesome and marriage is hard work and gets no easier as time passes. This year was my 40th and I am shocked when I see that number. Have a great time at the brunch!

Sara I can't believe how much rain your area and that region is getting. Hope you dry out!
Enjoy the shower!

Have a great day all!

petey111

Holy cow. I just read the area in the southwest of town got almost 7 inches!!! That's a heck of a lot of rain! We probably had between 2 - 3 at our house. But south of us got dumped on!

AmyG

Congrats on his graduation! My son is in his last year of high school. I feel like he went from 16-17 in a blink. He's taking a dual credit college class this year at the high school. That hasn't sunk in yet. Maybe when the bill comes haha!

I have done diddly squat today. I plan on coloring my hair at some point. Working on some pages later tonight. I'm doing My Fitness Pal and logging calories so it seems like I'm thinking about food ALL THE TIME! Speaking of, I'm making a zucchini chicken dish for dinner using the first of the zucchinis harvested from the garden. Yum!

Have a great Saturday!

jode2771

Making the decision

Hi Chris,

So excited to read about Scott! I haven't followed the whole story but I can relate to how hard it must have been for him to overcome his depression and get on with life. What a strong boy, and what an achievement for you guys as a family.

I HAD to comment on the Tamoxifen tho!
"BTW, I am still struggling with the decision about the tamoxifen. I really need to make an appt for a second opinion and be really prepared with questions. I have been trying to do a lot of research and I just read that tamox can cause inflammation of the veins. Well, IMHO, that is probably *not* a good side effect with a PICC. And yes I still want a hysterectomy :grin:"

I may not have all the answers re Tamoxifen and blood clots etc but I have quite a few lol. Please message or email me? Having been down the path you are on recently I can answer some of your concerns and possibly help you with questions you didn't even know you had lol.

Having a quiet day today, it is Sunday here and my kiddoes are with their dad :-( loving the serenity but I know they don't want to be there which makes it really hard. Wish I had married the right person :-(.

ok, off to enjoy some quiet cosy time on this cold but sunny day :)

petey111

omg the drama. I don't even have the energy to tell you guys the drama.

aieyaiyaiyaiyai! Is it fair to walk away from all in-laws and never look back?? Is that allowed?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning! How are all of you today? Enjoying a lazy Sunday or are you all very busy?

I am looking forward to the yummy brunch today. I have the menu here and it looks good. Belgium waffles, artisanal breads and lots of dessert. I am going to go into carb heaven sugar shock! I could balance it with some protein from the carving stations but I think I will steer way clear of that.

Yesterday was one of those "lost" days. Not sure what I even did. Puttered, did a bit of yard work, Cait and I went to the library to get her summer reading books picked out. She is going to read Water for Elephants. I read that years ago and uh-oh. It is going to make her MAD!!! Last week, she watched a documentary on the mistreatment of the orcas at Sea World. I think she said that it was about an hour long and she must have ranted to me about it for almost the same length of time (I truly don't know where she gets that from hahahah!!!)

So that is it from me. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
And it is our Clarabear's Birthday too!
https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29557

Sara. thank you so much for being proud of Scott. I know I don't need it, but it is nice validation to have other people recognize what he really has accomplished, within himself especially. I know that everyone has crap, but my kids went through a lot with Gary being so sick, them being so sick, and I guess last but not least, seeing me so sick. I know at graduation, there will be speeches by people who are getting scholarships and going to Ivy League schools. And yes, they should be commended. But in my heart, I will be thinking about how much he has gone through and come out stronger in the end. he grades might suck, but in the long run, do they really matter? I graduated with 2 degrees, and with Highest Honors and won the Governor's Award for Teaching and look where it got me? I clean toilet bowls, but I clean them the best that I can. :pound:

My parents when out together again yesterday. 2 days in a row. And they didn't kill each other or leave one by the side of the road. *impressed*

How are your shoulders today? Hope you have aloe lotion for them. What a crazy summer weather. That is nuts about the rain!! Hope that today;s shower is nice!

hey need to intensify the attraction between Kate and Nick though.
Yes!!

Nancy- the weather here is so nice if a bit cold for me. I ended up having to break out my fuzzy socks in the afternoon ;) That is too funny about your cat wanting in, then out. Our's do that whenever they see a closed door. 40 years for you! That is awesome!

7 inches of rain????? Gah!!!

Amy, It's crazy how time just flies by! For some reason going from 16 to 17 seemed like a huge jump to me. Cait seems to be stuck at 15.... like she has been 15 forever. She is taking a Dual Enroll. in Creative Writing this year and Western Civ next year. I love that they have the opportunity to do that. Cheaper than College Credit too. what is your son taking?
LOL about MFP. I need to increase the amount of protein I eat and I started using MFP to log that. But then I get obsessed with calories with is *not good* for me at all, so I have to take a break.But I can relate to your obsession with food :D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Jode-- thank you so much with your comment about Scott. And yes, I am going to pm you, I will take any info or advice or suggestions that you have.
There is so much info out there and such conflicting info that I don't know which way to go. And having the 2 competing issues-- it is driving me bonkers. :)

Hope that you are enjoying your weekend and that your kiddoes do ok with their dad.

Oy, Sara... Hope that today goes ok.

jode2771

I sent an essay to you Chris (twice, long story.... grr)...
But I had to add Sara that my friends SIL did that - and deleted all the family off Facebook and told them it was Facebook not her lol!!

Time will sort your SIL out, just be patient lol. And keep us posted!!?!

Thanks for the welcome BTW :)