Oscraps

Daily Ooos: July 20-21: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello Darling Ooos!
Please don't hate me today because I feel like I have PMS. Crabby, achy, and mentally itchy. Do you ever feel like your brain is scratchy? Like there is a clothing tag, rubbing away at your brain? YKWIM?
There's no reason why I feel like this, I just am. I think it's simply low-level stress and anxiety getting to me.

(This is my Grammarly icon for the text I wrote 1721473991439.png Sums it up pretty well, dontcha think?LOL!!)

My knee was only hurting a little bit after I cleaned for my friend. I did some weeding in the backyard after lunch. That was the first time in weeks and everything is so overgrown. It looks a lot better now and hopefully tomorrow I can get to the front yard. My tiger lilies are more brown than green and need to be thinned a little and get all of the scraggly pieces out. It looks like my milkweed is getting seed pods this year, yipppeee! I started them from a seed pod, but they didn't produce any since they grew, only spreading through the roots. If I get pods, I can plant them on the side of the yard. Next year I'll move the ones in the front of the garden and not worry if I kill them. They are >6' tall at this point and crowding the coneflowers that are behind them.
I saw a gorgeous yellow and black butterfly on them yesterday but it flew off before I could snap a photo. I think it was a swallowtail, I saw them a lot last year but I didn't notice the blue dots on the wings on this one.

I have the dress fitting today at 12.30 with my mom. I was going to try to get to the food pantry before I went down but she reminded me that the parking in the center of her town is awful on the weekend. I might have been able to make it in time but decided it was going to be too stressful to rush around like that. Since I have a little extra time, I might hit DSW at the mall on the way to pick my mom up. If I leave an hour earlier, I should have plenty of time to get to the mall, check out some shoes, and then grab her and my dress to get to the shop on time. I swear, I would much rather be hanging out in my messy gardens.

On that note, may you all have a wonderful and stress-free weekend!
:cloud9:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Wow, your temps dropped quite a bit too, isn't the fresh air amazing? We didn't put the AC on at all yesterday, at least not downstairs. I only did two of the regular challenges this month, my scrap mojo is still struggling along.
You and your sister are going to have a wonderful time scanning photos and enjoying the memories. Don't forget to build in some stretching breaks so you don't get stiff.
[my goodness I am bossy, sorry!]

@vickyday So happy that you got some rain and cooler temps too.
I'll try that -- highlight the quote and then insert it. I was clicking +Quote on the entire post and that was just way too much :D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Going to Ilene's today
yes!!!!!! That worked!!! Thanks for letting me know you didn't have to insert the entire post. So much easier! Hope you had a great time with Ilene.
You are lucky that you can chat about your daughter's wedding, I did not get that with Heather, her and Jonah will never marry, so we will never be able to make plans
How awesome that you have a "refill" store near you. I hear adverts for Blueland (refill tablets) and I would love to reduce the plastics we use.
That's how I feel about g-kids. I know I'm not getting any of them. I understand it and I respect the decision but grand rats aren't exactly the same at kids. Which reminds me-- I have to check on my grand-rats this morning since Cait and Tom are away :D
We can stick together :protest: when Ona yells at us for not being productive Cheery O's Hahaha! ( I know she would never yell at us but still :p)

but the scanner doesn't work with Win11!!!
That's what happened with my old scanner too. Upgrades and updates -- ugh!
Your recipe looks yummy!
Well I have done a lot of different styles but no, never with my hand behind......... oh wait yeah I have. Toddler phase and handing back snacks and drinks. :giggle4:
tee-hee!! I guess we all have done a variation of that! LOL
32 years! That's awesome!
Thanks for the book rec! BFF and I were talking about Kristin Hannah too. My BFFATS (across the street) always rec's her to me. I read The Great Alone-- where almost all of my AK "knowledge" comes from LOL- I feel like I have read something else by her too, but they all seem to run together in my head.
It was cooler here, too, in the 70s this morning, although the humidity is still high.
Good to hear its at least a little bit cooler. I hope the Technu did the trick. When I used that, it seemed hit or miss but I think I wasn't getting the oils washed off soon enough.
Hope you had a nice time reading your book.

@mimes1 Hiiiii!!!!! How is the job going? Are you getting more settled in and have your routine set?
Too cute about the mama and baby deer, I bet they loved the watermelon. I hope you can get some pictures of them if they come back.
Bejeweled flip flops sound ah-mazing, but I am so short that I need some height to pull off my dress. Not to mention BFF will kick my butt if I did that! (She can be scary! :holysheep: )

It was hot here and after a few early morning hours birding at the lake
I saw the heron photo on FB, what an incredible shot! You live in such a beautiful area with the wildlife.

Big hugs to everyone who pops in today!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
We actually have some mud!!! WOOHOO! And it looks like it will rain some more today! Mark and I went to breakfast and it was misty then. And the clouds are hanging low and full!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I have the dress fitting today at 12.30 with my mom.
Take pictures!
yes!!!!!! That worked!!!
I'm so glad! It is so much easier to highlight what you want to comment on as you read all of the posts! Hope you have a great time with your mom today!
And, yes! Had a great time with Ilene yesterday as usual!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Slept in until 7AM this morning. Up and dressed already and enjoying my cup of coffee. Temp is climbing fast this morning... went from 69* to 75* in less than an hour! We have been having thunder/lightening with rain every evening... the monsoon is in full swing right now. We need the rain but hate that it causes flooding in the burn-scar areas of the state.

Heard from DD#2 last evening.... surgery on Son-in-law was on Thursday and went well. So glad it wasn't on Friday with so many hospitals postponing surgeries due to the cyber problem. He may be dismissed early next week.

Yes, I did get the rest of my clothes washed and put away yesterday... even got a load of towels done. Stripped the bed and the sheets are in washing now. Decided I am going to change out the comforter on my bed. The one that was on it is too heavy/warm. I have another one that is lighter... just need to pull it out.

mimes1

CHEERY O
HI Everyone,
We had more rain last night, and the grass is actually starting to look green again!
Today we're going to see Twister. We've heard very good things about it, and Belle is in town for the weekend so we're going to lunch and a movie!

How is the job going? Are you getting more settled in and have your routine set?
The job is going great. I know more at the end of this week than I did last week, being more independent know that more of the tasks have been assigned. The environment is excellent, the people very nice and gracious with the learning curve. The hours not stressful at all. The deer were here this morning and they ate all the watermelon. The baby was back too so I'll upload that picture in a second.

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Everyone! Hope youre having a fabulous day.
Waiting for the coffee to finish so I can chug it down.

I read The Great Alone-- where almost all of my AK "knowledge" comes from
That was an amazing book!!! And the best part is she didn't get the town wrong! She did a great job telling it like it really was.

Oooohhhh coffeee............ brb

AK_Tracy

One cup down, one cup to go.
@mimes1 I love the deer photos Amy! They're so pretty. In SD all we see are the White Tail and they are grey. So its fun to see the brown version.

Fishing yesterday was amazing but now all I smell is fish. That is the hardest smell to remove from a person. I am also starting the day with 1 spoon. Was worth every second on the water and the fun we had. Thankful my job isn't taxing and I can mostly just sit today and do nothing.

Soon there will be layouts with fish. :love: AK subsistence style fishing, not a rod n reel. Its my favorite way to fish and the only time I can catch more then my hubby. Yes its cause he has to drive the boat and not fish but I still take the win.:floorlaugh:

Have a wonderful day!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... another busy weekend for us and we are heading out right after DH waters the flowers in the front yard. He wanted to get that job done before the heat hits again today. Warm temps today again and not a cloud in the sky. Still waiting for some of you to send the rain this way :waiting:. I started on a layout yesterday, but I am really struggling with it and might have to start all over again. Not sure where my mojo has gone, but if you see it would you send it back to me please?? MIL gave me a whole mess of old music magazines yesterday, so many cool old advertisement's in the them and the pages are all discoloured, perfect for junk journaling they are from the 1940's but there are too many of them for me to keep them all. So I am dropping off half of them to my hairdresser this morning. Her mother is really into junk journaling so I thought she might like to have them. My hairdresser said she would be thrilled and thanked me very much! Nice to share and not see them go in the recycle bin. Anyway my Gary is ready to go, so I will try to pop in later on this weekend. Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!! @faerywings I want to see photos please!! :waving1