Oscraps

Daily Ooos: July 10-11: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yikes, I am still so sleepy, Two big mugs of coffee later and I am trying really hard to wake up. Unsuccessfully. *yawns* I am blaming Whisky and the clouds. She had me up to go potty at 1 am and it felt like it took forever to fall back asleep. Then my body yelled that it was time to wake up at 5.30. Good thing she is cute and snuggly.

My day was busy - much busier than I expected. It took a while to get everything out of the cabinet and wiped off. Caitlyn wanted to run up to the dollar store with me and Scott. They needed a few things for their party tonight- if the weather holds, they are having some friends over for a fire- and for our redneck party next week. Scott had to go to work in the afternoon so Caitlyn and ran back out afterward to pick up some stuff from the grocery store and the liquor store. Got back just in time to start dinner together- we made avocado egg rolls and frozen lemon-coconut Coladas. OMG- the drinks were amazing. Citrus vodka, cream of coconut, coconut rum, pineapple juice, a splash of lemon juice, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I also think that is why I am feeling sluggish- not from the alcohol, there wasn't that much in it- but the sugar/fat content of it. Hoo boy.... But soooooooooo worth it! hahaha! I still feel full.

I guess I have some housework to do and I would love to get outside if it dries up a bit. I am so far behind on scrapping.
Tom's birthday is in 2 weeks and I asked Caitlyn for a photo of them. I want to make a funky, grungy page for him that he can hang in his tattoo studio room. Right now he has a screenshot of one of their video chats hanging in there.
Does anyone have a good kit that might work well?
TIA!

Have a fab day and weekend!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@bcgall00 Cait was in the room when that photo of Remi was on my monitor. She was literally dancing around- literally!! She said to give her hugs and treats and pets and to tell you that she is so happy that Remi is doing so well and that she loves her. She probably said it all in one sentence, too. While dancing.;) She is such a cutie and I bet she and Taz are a great team. I love the dirt on her nose <3
Congrats on the new camera and the new phones!

@nancyr Who else would be counting the days to the next hockey season the day after the last season ends? You are truly a superfan! Enjoy the TdF and Virgin River. I hate ants in the kitchen, if they stayed outside I would be fine, but they get into everything.

@Cherylndesigns Good to hear that your brain has un-fogged. Also good that you slept well. I had heard that before about the coffee being ok if it was black but I really don't like black coffee- which sounds weird since I only like a splash of half and half in it. This lab is 5 minutes from my house and I was back home in less than 20. I have done the same by bringing a travel mug with me. I loved reading books to my kids too, we had a few favorites- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, and The Kissing Hand were bigs ones here. Scott had a bunch of dinosaur books - one had funny googly eyes- Disney and Dr. Suess were staples.
How fun to hear that Sam is interacting with the dogs too. yay!

@felis sorry that you didn't win the yarn but I guess it is better that you didn't if you would have to pay for shipping. I signed up for the course too but I don't think I am going to be able to make any of the projects, I know I am not going to be able to buy any yarn. Shhh... your yarn stash secret is safe with me
I am the same way with phone calls, I would prefer an email that I can look at and think about. I hope that all of the choices you made are perfect for the projects.
I don't mind spiders in the house at all (Don't tell my mom, she hates spiders) but ants are just pains in the butt with food. I would happily send you rain if I could. I am with you 100%- I also prefer Summer Faery over Cold and Cranky Faery :p
I am happy that you don't notice the typos when you translate. You know that if there is ever anything I write that makes no sense, just ask me to clarify.

I think I need more coffee...........................
xoxo

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Gee ... don't know what happened. I was going to take a sip of Pepsi, and suddenly I was cleaning the fridge! Sure needed to be done. We don't have a big fridge, but stuff can still get lost and forgotten in there. And I even have lots of small containers in it to sort stuff, to avoid that happen ... but it happens. LOL

I'm happy though - Folke came back today and said HI. Haven't seen him for a couple of days, other than I thought I saw a small magpie flying from one tree to another, but wasn't sure if it was a baby or an adult. Today he was sitting on our porch again... sittin on one of the I-have-no-idea-what-it-is-called-in-English ... beams??? ... you know the piece of wood that the roof is laying on? Anyway ,,, he was sitting up there, chatting along. And since he was up there, I know he really can fly now. Not easy to manouver in there, over the beam(?) and in beneath the roof. Feel much better now, knowing he can fly properly, not an easy target anymore.

I really need to download the photos from the camera and see if any of the photos I've taken of him is scrapable. Taken through my dirty kitchen window ... probably looks like crap LOL

Making spaghetti bolognese today ... sort of. I have no idea how a proper bolognese is made ... probably not with a ton of chili and honey in it ... but I'm making my own version LOL Vegan of course. Or at least vegetarian - I might add cheese when serving ... if I have enough smart points, that is.

Had so much fun today remaking my old layout for the Creative Technique challenge, I now feel like I want to remake ALL my old layouts. Sure gonna use brushes and overlays more in my scrapping from now on.

tanteva

Not sure if the photos are scrapable ... taking photos through a window isn't ideal. But maybe I can tweek them a bit with the smart brush. Just edited two of them quickly for you to see. He's sooo cute. (I'm not sure he's a he ... have no idea how to see LOL) Guesstimating he's about 4 inches high.

IMG_4970web.jpg
IMG_4971web.jpg

felis

Wait, what?! Chris!!! You are subscribed for the academy too? :D:D:D That's so cool, we can do it together! Aren't you worried that beginners level can be boring for you? Now, that is the good thing of these online 'schools', no one actually checks you do you make the things. I will. because I need Instagram attention, but that's another topic. LOL! If you want you may do only one of the projects (or none of course)! I'll make the blanket at baby size as I'm not able to buy yarn for full size bed. And I was kidding that will make the Cardi as dog sweater. But Toni said that who made all four will have special bonus, and I'm very competitive person, so will see, it's all matter of time, as I'm very slow at crocheting.
You can use your own reserves of yarn, no needs to buy anything! And I wish I was able to send you some of mine reserves, as I have few leftovers from previous projects that would love to share, but delivery is my kryptonite! The only useful advice that came on my mind is to recycle yarn from Thrift Shop clothes. For less than $5 my mom was found cashmere sweater and she wear it at home during clean or prepare the fireplace, the most dirty activities :p. My sister was terrified when cached her, we wasn't even recognize that this is cashmere before she to told us. And yes it have label, but we can't care less that that, no one was check it. When you google it you can find many article about reusing yarn, here are just 2 I found quickly blog post and video. OK, I have to admit that it looks like a big headache and will be time consuming. But you definitely hook me up for this idea and I'll try it too! I'm not been on physical store from months, but will go to look for some men XXL sweater, or maybe few scarves to unravel for my Cardi project. And they are out of season so I hope to be even cheaper! WOW, so exciting!

I'm in your team, feeling very sleepy whole day and didn't accomplish much. I'm not the one that will push herself in that darn hot Saturday, I just take it for day for napping.
On your question about kit for Cait and Tom, I think you need something from Maya de Groot. In my mind came "Zen and the Art of: Sugar Skulls", because I have this, and it have big heart in it, but not sugar one, a real anatomical heart, I love that! But I'm sure she have many more that will work for your idea.

Eva, that bird is so cute and I'm very happy that it survived! Definitely you should scrap it and I like your idea for some more artsy and brush way!
I was giggle on your idea to remake all of your layouts, as I'm feeling like I do exactly this. Even when I'm using new photos I have this disappointing feeling like I'm remake something I'm already done many times before. I definitely struggle with my scraping mojo. So it's good that I'm 52 project subscribed, and Vicki still allows me to hanging on around and just to chat! :cool:
It's always useful to cleaning the fridge, as gives you some dishes ideas, so nice done, even not planned!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good evening ladies. Had a busy day today. Jen came to drop Bella off with me for the morning and most of the afternoon so she could go clean out the storage locker with D and do some errands. The 3 dogs had fun together and after having a late lunch, they all slept on the kitchen floor for 1/2 an hour while I had my lunch. D & J came back, we hung out chatting for a few hrs and she took a bunch of my keto cookbooks home as I don't need them anymore. For dinner I cooked up some cauliflower rice with kala namak (has an egg taste to it) and mixed veggies with coconut aminos and then tossed in some green onion and celery salt. Yum. Had this with vegan meatballs and made a vegan mayo/sweet chili/siracha dipping sauce.

Tomorrow Remi goes for a checkup which she will pass with flying colors as she has had no problems with her recovery from spaying. She didn't even need the painkillers I had for her.

@tanteva What a pretty bird that was you posted.
@faerywings That drink sounds so good but yes, very sugary, but probably worth it :) I cheated this wkend and had a big yummy cinnamon roll that D brought home for me from one of his customers (a local restaurant). I know that was loaded with sugar but definitely worth every bite.

I'm going to watch the last 2 episodes of Nancy Drew and munch on hummus and pretzels while perusing a new cookbook that was delivered today (a vegan youtube woman I follow who published a book recently with a lot of the recipes from her videos which I have already tried and love). Tomorrow is paper work and chores after I take Remi to the vet checkup. The weekend is flying by.

tanteva

I definitely struggle with my scraping mojo. So it's good that I'm 52 project subscribed, and Vicki still allows me to hanging on around and just to chat! :cool:
We all struggle with mojo from time to time, but that's not a problem. Chatting is good for us all as well. Mojo will return.

tanteva

I meant to make a layout for Mediterrenka's mask challenge ... but ... failed. LOL Didn't like the mask I did. Didn't like the photo I chosen against a white background ... ended up with this instead.

Photo masks and white backgrounds ... not my thing. I can't get over how sharp all edges get between a masked photo and a white background. How do you solve that problem?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, happy Sunday! I hope that everyone is sleeping in. I am actually getting ready to head out in a bit. Arlene invited me to a meditation and yoga session near her house but I have to be there before 9 and it takes 45-50 minutes to get there. ATM, I am hoping that I will be able to keep my eyes open (awake at least) for the meditation session which is first. I am still processing the caffeine in my blood so I should be good to go.

So what did I do yesterday? One thing I started was copying files over to the new DH. I was able to get a 4GB drive with the money from my ILs. All of my photos and scrap stuff are going to go on that. The night before, I set it up using File Explorer and when I woke up, I remembered that if you don't move items in ACDSee you lose all of your tags, I had only copied the photos but figured it was easier to reformat the HD and start over. That was nerve-wracking when I had to click OK to reformat. I quadruple-checked that I was deleting the stuff from the right drive.
The sun came out in the afternoon and I did some weeding and thinning of some of the spreading ground covers. I am keeping my fingers crossed, as of this minute, I have lots of baby tomatoes. It is a race between them ripening and the critters. I am also starting to get some baby cukes. I have to dig out my recipe for pickles.

That is about it, catch you later, gators!:D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva So happy that Folke is back, and yes- beams would be the right word. It has to be wonderful to watch home fly a bit. How did your spaghetti come out?
The pics are great, he has such neat markings!

@felis- the Academy starts tomorrow? I have lots of scrap years so that is good. I think that the beginners' stuff might be good to do, see where I am making mistakes, and finally get my tension even. I have ripped out old scarves for yarn but the blog post you shared seemed way more complicated-- just in finding the right kind of sweater. LOL!
The Sugar Skulls kit I have that one, might be very fun to use!

@bcgall00 aww, such sleepy supplies after their big play date. I am so happy for Remi.
Cinnamon rolls. oh, that sounds so good! Enjoy the new cookbook!

hugs!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Yesterday was a hard day... it was my husband's birthday (and my nephew's birthday). They both died in January 2018 just a few days apart. Spent most of the day thinking about DH and how very lucky I was to have him as my soul mate. Lots of wonderful memories. The heat is back - over 100* the past couple of days and will get to 102* today. We were under a severe weather alert for high winds, hail and rain late yesterday afternoon. I decided to take the patio swing off its frame and set it on the ground - didn't want it to blow over like it has in the past. Also stuck my head over the fence and let my neighbor and his friends who were in the pool know about the storm. It missed my neighborhood but we had the high winds and power flickered on and off for a bit. Forecast is for a repeat today.

So glad I got the ceiling fans installed in the craft room and the office. The craft room is where 'my' computer is and the office is where 'hubby's' computer is. The fans make a world of difference and keep both rooms cool. Chris, I am like you in needing to move files from my computer over to hubby's. My computer is running slower and know it is overloaded. Guess I need to attach the 5 TB external and download everything onto it before the computer gives up the ghost.

I bought a bag of avocados a couple of days ago. The store has 'sale' bags of fruit/veggies for 99 cents. One bag has 13 medium avocados that all ripen at the same time. So I made guacamole with them. Added salsa and lemon juice then packed them into small plastic bins and froze all but 1. Oh, so yummy - had it with tacos for lunch yesterday. I had also picked up a bunch of bananas at the same time but the heat caused them to ripen too quickly - so made a banana/vanilla wafers pudding with 3 of them. Will freeze the other 2 bananas and use them for banana bread once the heat subsides so using the oven will be okay. Also got a bag of peaches and nectarines that I need to slice up and freeze. Will use them for cobbler later on. Thanks goodness for the freezer and space in it to store all these.

Chris and Cheryl, on Friday I made chicken fruit salad and added dried cranberries .... oh, so delicious! Don't know why I never thought to add them before. Thanks for the suggestion.

Chris, hope you were able to stay awake during the meditation session. Glad you had some coffee in your system to help.

Felis, sorry you didn't win the yarn but you are right... the postage to get it from the US would be very expensive. Good luck on the classes you are taking.

Rae, glad to hear that Remi is doing so well and tolerated the spaying. Thanks for sharing that cute photo of her.

I am off to get dressed then maybe work on a challenge or two.

tanteva

I know I'm crazy and obsessed ... but you can never guess what I just saw! Heard Folke singing in the garden, and went to the winodow to see if I could see him. He was jumping between twigs in the tree outside the window ... chasing a sibling! I have 2 Folke in my garden! Both were flying now, chasing eachother from tree to tree ... and the poor mum (or dad) was sitting in one of the trees, yelling at them to behave LOL

Ok ... I know they are birds ... but I love to think of them as having human traits. LOL

@BrightEyes Kay - HUGS! My worst night mare - the only thing I truly fear - is to lose my husband. I know it's very likely I will reach that day, all the statistics says so (and our family histories). 3 years is a short time to get used to being alone, but I bet it feels like ages to you.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies.
@faerywings Enjoy the morning yoga. I bet you'll feel great afterwards.

I have been out on the back porch and in the yard mostly from 6:30-9:30, photographing birds, playing with Remi, enjoying the warm sunny morning. Now the dogs are napping and I can sit at the computer for a bit. Remi goes in for her checkup later this morning and I need to get groceries and do some food prep this afternoon for the week ahead. I find that so helpful, saves time throughout the week when I have to make dinner. Got a new cookbook to look thru later too.

@tanteva The birds have such personality, especially our woodpeckers. They play hide and seek with us, hiding and peeking out from behind the porch post and they chatter at us.

@BrightEyes What a difficult day for you, glad you have so many wonderful memories to think of. What a great deal on the fruit bags! I would be in heaven if I could find that in one of our stores here.

I'm getting another coffee, getting some CT stuff done and then it'll be time to take Remi to the vet. Better get on with my day...BFN

felis

Hi girls! At first I need to start with

Kay, strong hug, my darling! I can't even imagine how difficult for you must be this so sentimental moment with all the sorrow! I guess that the storm outside cooperate with the storm of your feelings and make it even worse.
Nice to notice your neighbors about the wind. What a great deal for fruits! I like avocado and eggs on toast or salad, but they are very expensive here (the avocados I mean, eggs are fine, lol).

Chris, if you delicate fall asleep during meditation that's OK, its dangerous only if you start snoring, LOL! My mood is actually sensitively higher after I changed my night habits from using asmr to meditation with Affirmations. Although asmr still works better for calm insomnia, so I was also thinking for meditation into the morning. I watched shorten review for this book ''5am club'' and their recommendations are first hour after wake up to be 20 min meditation/ 20 min yoga, breathing or other exercise / 20 min listening of podcast or journaling your plans. So you are on a trendy path. :cool: Have fun with Arlene!
Yes the first post from the Crochet academy will be tomorrow afternoon. Being knitter from many years I feels like I know this and that about yarn, but you are right it's always useful to adjust your watch with others. Yes it will be a little bit difficult for me to find sweater to unravel, but I'm excited about this idea!

Eva, I hope you are right and I'll get my scraping mojo back once when weather gets colder and I spend more time inside! What a cute bird stories and I'm with you about the personification of animals as having human traits.

Very ordinary day here as I don't give a damn non for the election or the soccer finals. I feels a little bit guilty to not vote, but these politics games last year was so stupid that totally disgusted me! I made one try to understand for who to vote, but this year all candidates I'm support in the past are taking part at such a messed coalitions so it's not possible to find the less evil. Also I don't watch sports, except boxing sometimes, and have friends from both side England and Italy, so totally not care who win. Italy is fine for me!
I took the day outside and separate it between gardening when it was possible and snuggle with the cats at the hot hours. During the week we gardening at the evening hours, so there wasn't much to do. My grass is so yellow at the moment don't even needs a mow.