Oscraps

Daily Ooos: January 6-7: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning and happy weekend! I'm here later than usual, I slept until 7!!
Part of it is that we were invited to Scott and Sam's for dinner instead of here. We played that new card game (Mantis) and another "board" game after that. I had some bizarre dreams that I think came from the second game. You have to "burn" things and I kept dreaming the woods were on fire ;)
Other than that, yesterday wasn't such a good day, Gary has been sick and it takes a toll.

Today's plans have changed. Snow is a'coming to NJ and the forecast keeps changing and in my area is getting worse. As in more snow although I bet the ski resorts will be happier. Last year was such a bust for them. The training hike was canceled and I was honestly very bummed. I was looking forward to it, meeting the other staff and hiking with them. (Who is this person that wants to hike in the cold??)
This morning is FP and this afternoon I am reading over the lesson plans that Lauren sent me. I am going in early on Wed so we have some extra time to chat.

Gotta wake Cait and see if she still wants to come with me to the Pantry. As of last night, she did but some mornings, she wakes up and doesn;t want to get out of bed. I can't say I blame her. :rotfl:
I'll be back for personals later

xoxoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I am so glad that my house faces south... all the snow on the driveway and sidewalk is melted. Poor neighbors across the street need to shovel snow off of theirs. We have a break then more snow late Sunday - Tuesday morning. Have a brown-bag lunch with the girls on Tuesday then my endoscopy on Wednesday morning. Hope roads are clear for those. Then another storm for late that week. Guess Winter has decided it is time to arrive.

I did a couple of errands yesterday... over to the hospital to drop off a copy of the Medical Power of Attorney. Then over to Smith's to get some fresh fruit and a couple of other things on sale. You would have thought that most customers were buying stuff for a siege... over-flowing carts and people everywhere!!!

Got 2 more LOs uploaded - 1 last evening and 1 this morning. And have a couple more waiting in the wings for them to be released. It feels so good to "be back to normal" with my scrapping. Now, if only my hand-writing and typing would improve, I would be a happy camper! :lol23:

@Cherylndesigns I thought of you as I was crawling around under the desk... was careful moving and pulling the tower out to unplug 1 set of speakers and plug in the other set. I am so glad the sofa is right next to the desk as I was able to used it to brace myself as I got to my feet. Yes, getting down is easy... it is the getting up that is the huge challenge. I am so glad that there is a small throw rug over the carpet so it wasn't too hard on the knees!!! Oh, I agree... you do need the reflective outfit with the big light wands to guide everyone to your house. And maybe a big sign-post pointing to your house!!! :dancing6: I think you already know how to 'do the dance'!!! :floorlaugh::rotfl::giggle4: Thank Ava for taking the photo of the cabin in the woods... and your LO of it is wonderful!

@faerywings So sorry your DH has not been feeling well. Hope that Cait will go with you to FP. What a treat for you to have supper over at Scott's place and sounds like such a fun evening playing games afterwards. Chris, love your new siggy!!!

@LSlycord WOW... planning on another cruise!!! Sounds like loads of fun. I will be thinking of you next week as you go through your procedure. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way so you recover quickly.

@vickyday .... your babies were BIG!!! DD#3's oldest son was over 10lbs and looked like he was a month old when he was born.

Need another cup of coffee :coffeedrinker:and grab a couple of muffins before getting dressed. HAGWE

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
S
Good morning and happy weekend! I'm here later than usual, I slept until 7!!
Part of it is that we were invited to Scott and Sam's for dinner instead of here. We played that new card game (Mantis) and another "board" game after that. I had some bizarre dreams that I think came from the second game. You have to "burn" things and I kept dreaming the woods were on fire ;)
Other than that, yesterday wasn't such a good day, Gary has been sick and it takes a toll.

Today's plans have changed. Snow is a'coming to NJ and the forecast keeps changing and in my area is getting worse. As in more snow although I bet the ski resorts will be happier. Last year was such a bust for them. The training hike was canceled and I was honestly very bummed. I was looking forward to it, meeting the other staff and hiking with them. (Who is this person that wants to hike in the cold??)
This morning is FP and this afternoon I am reading over the lesson plans that Lauren sent me. I am going in early on Wed so we have some extra time to chat.

Gotta wake Cait and see if she still wants to come with me to the Pantry. As of last night, she did but some mornings, she wakes up and doesn;t want to get out of bed. I can't say I blame her. :rotfl:
I'll be back for personals later

xoxoxo
So sorry Gary has not been well.
Thanks for the card game name. I will check to see if it is one my family would enjoy.
Sorry the woods burned for you last night! ;)
BTW, Betty Jo responded to my email and said to tell you hello and that she misses everyone! She is doing OK, just feeling the aches and pains of old age! She can no longer get out to take her lovely photos! That makes me sad. She said she would try to stop by to say hello to everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I am so glad that my house faces south... all the snow on the driveway and sidewalk is melted. Poor neighbors across the street need to shovel snow off of theirs. We have a break then more snow late Sunday - Tuesday morning. Have a brown-bag lunch with the girls on Tuesday then my endoscopy on Wednesday morning. Hope roads are clear for those. Then another storm for late that week. Guess Winter has decided it is time to arrive.

I did a couple of errands yesterday... over to the hospital to drop off a copy of the Medical Power of Attorney. Then over to Smith's to get some fresh fruit and a couple of other things on sale. You would have thought that most customers were buying stuff for a siege... over-flowing carts and people everywhere!!!

Got 2 more LOs uploaded - 1 last evening and 1 this morning. And have a couple more waiting in the wings for them to be released. It feels so good to "be back to normal" with my scrapping. Now, if only my hand-writing and typing would improve, I would be a happy camper! :lol23:

@Cherylndesigns I thought of you as I was crawling around under the desk... was careful moving and pulling the tower out to unplug 1 set of speakers and plug in the other set. I am so glad the sofa is right next to the desk as I was able to used it to brace myself as I got to my feet. Yes, getting down is easy... it is the getting up that is the huge challenge. I am so glad that there is a small throw rug over the carpet so it wasn't too hard on the knees!!! Oh, I agree... you do need the reflective outfit with the big light wands to guide everyone to your house. And maybe a big sign-post pointing to your house!!! :dancing6: I think you already know how to 'do the dance'!!! :floorlaugh::rotfl::giggle4: Thank Ava for taking the photo of the cabin in the woods... and your LO of it is wonderful!

@faerywings So sorry your DH has not been feeling well. Hope that Cait will go with you to FP. What a treat for you to have supper over at Scott's place and sounds like such a fun evening playing games afterwards. Chris, love your new siggy!!!

@LSlycord WOW... planning on another cruise!!! Sounds like loads of fun. I will be thinking of you next week as you go through your procedure. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way so you recover quickly.

@vickyday .... your babies were BIG!!! DD#3's oldest son was over 10lbs and looked like he was a month old when he was born.

Need another cup of coffee :coffeedrinker:and grab a couple of muffins before getting dressed. HAGWE
Yes, they did! And my dad weighed over 11 lbs when he was born! Imagine that!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

Glad you got all of your errands run yesterday!
HA! I agree! Getting down is not the issue! Is is definitely the getting back up part!
So glad you are back to scrapping your lovely pages!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Wet and Not-So-Wild Morning to you!
We were supposed to have freezing rain beginning last night, but that did not happen, thank You, Lord! It is 39 at 10:15. I decided to do some laundry before the ground gets too saturated today.
Mark is staying in today and catching up on some gaming and reading. Still has his pjs on. The TV is off, for now, which is nice!
With the rainy weather, naturally I woke up with a headache today! The tylenol has not helped at all and probably won't help much as long as the rain continues, blasted sinuses!
I'm keeping up with my home PT, which amazes me, LOL! But I really do think it is helping my back!
Got my checkbook caught up last night, so I think I will do some more scrapping today while the laundry is running. I will probably be MIA most of next week as I get the groceries and get started on prep for our gathering next weekend. I can't wait!!!
Have a great day today!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon my lovlies

Dark and dreary here today and 39 but it sayt "temps to drop" - woohoo - NOT! You can have this - I just hope it's a short term thing then back to our normal temperate winter.

Kay @BrightEyes I know you all remember me under the desk and LOL for thinking of me when you were under there. Hey, it's the ole' knees that refuse to work anymore as much as anything. Glad you had something to kneel on. I take a pillow sometimes, but Adrienne found me a super thick "kneeling pad" for outdoor work, but now I use it indoors. Oh, the knees to - like knives being shoved into them. You just gave me an idea - I need lights on my suit that go in a constant motion, think a Christmas tree that the lights move on. How cool would that be? Awesome idea about the sign too but it needs to be neon and have flashing lights around the outside. And yes, I already know how to do the dance - no knees involved in that. :rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23::xmas4: I'm so gladnyou liked the picture and my layout. I thought that picture was perfect for that collection.

Chris @faerywings I hope you don't get a lot of snow. Hope you got what you needed to FP and I can just see you pouring over your lesson plans. I've never been a teacher, but I'm sure it never leaves ou.

Vicki @vickyday thanks for telling us about Betty Jo. That's very sad. I miss her.

Love to all and everybody who pops in after me. Happy Saturday! I got out of going to the grocery today (i.e. Walmart) Alyssa is going for all of us. We just texted her our grocery lists. I love that!

XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon my lovlies

Dark and dreary here today and 39 but it sayt "temps to drop" - woohoo - NOT! You can have this - I just hope it's a short term thing then back to our normal temperate winter.

Kay @BrightEyes I know you all remember me under the desk and LOL for thinking of me when you were under there. Hey, it's the ole' knees that refuse to work anymore as much as anything. Glad you had something to kneel on. I take a pillow sometimes, but Adrienne found me a super thick "kneeling pad" for outdoor work, but now I use it indoors. Oh, the knees to - like knives being shoved into them. You just gave me an idea - I need lights on my suit that go in a constant motion, think a Christmas tree that the lights move on. How cool would that be? Awesome idea about the sign too but it needs to be neon and have flashing lights around the outside. And yes, I already know how to do the dance - no knees involved in that. :rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23::xmas4: I'm so gladnyou liked the picture and my layout. I thought that picture was perfect for that collection.

Chris @faerywings I hope you don't get a lot of snow. Hope you got what you needed to FP and I can just see you pouring over your lesson plans. I've never been a teacher, but I'm sure it never leaves ou.

Vicki @vickyday thanks for telling us about Betty Jo. That's very sad. I miss her.

Love to all and everybody who pops in after me. Happy Saturday! I got out of going to the grocery today (i.e. Walmart) Alyssa is going for all of us. We just texted her our grocery lists. I love that!

XOXO
I hope she does stop by some day to say hello! She is the sweetest woman!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Quick in and out today before getting ready for church.
It is warmer today starting out than yesterday. I guess they really missed the icy weather for us this weekend. Doesn't hurt my feelings. Fog is thick this morning. Sun is coming through with a high of 52 expected.
Probably will finish my menus and grocery list for my shopping spree tomorrow. Maybe get some scrapping done.
Gotta get moving for the day.
HAGD.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I never made it back in for personals yesterday. I'm sorry about that. I was at the FP for a long time. Cait needed to sleep in which was fine so I went alone. Since I have a hard time standing around doing nothing, I offered to help the woman who was putting out the breads and desserts. I had already picked my two, but when I saw the cannoli cake come out, I asked if I could swap the choc chip cookies for it. She said that I could take both. I was also able to get cinnamon bagels and crumb muffins and we had a delicious b-fast for dinner. Tom's shop closed early so he got here before the roads got bad.
We only got about 6" but it's that icky slippery and *heavy* stuff. I'd rather have 12" of light and fluffy than this **%@#
I was able to shovel a tiny spot for the dogs and Gary did a little more just now.

I spent almost the entire afternoon looking at lesson plans and activities. One of the things we will be doing is making frozen suncatchers- which meant I had to run out around my yard and make one for myself. The temps are hovering slightly about freezing so it isn't solid. Boooooo.

Other than clearing snow and working on groceries, I don't have any plans for today. We were supposed to have my parents here for bagels, tomorrow is my mom's b-day.
Better get out there before Gary freezes over.

TTYS!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. 25* now... and will below freezing for the next few days!!! Brrrr - :brrr::brrr::brrr: And, yes, we should have snow later on today/tonight/tomorrow. Not as much as you have @faerywings....YIKES. Yes, I remember how much it snows up in your part of the country (we lived on Long Island, NY). BTW... what is "frozen suncatchers"??? I know what snow angels are but FS?? Glad you got so many goodies at the FP!

Think this is going to be a PJ day for me. I am wearing the PJs DD#1 got me for Christmas. They are such a soft flannel and so warm! I love the long front (kangaroo) pocket on the top - perfect for tucking my hands in to keep them warm. I will be playing around on the computer working on a couple of LOs so PJs are the perfect wear for doing that. :rotfl:I just spent time this AM cleaning up my emails - sorting the ones I need to save and deleting ones I don't need to keep. I really should sort through the books in the Master Bedroom (on the floor in front of the bookcase/TV cabinet) and decide which ones I want to keep then get them put into a bookcase and into the inventory. And decide where I am going to donate the others. The ones in the bookcases are already hand-written on a paper list - but need to get them into the computer. I lost my computer inventory when my computer crashed shortly after we moved into this house. But, will have to wait to put them into the computer until the hands are up to doing all that typing!!! :busy1:
IMG_2616-smaller.jpg
Ah, well... I will be like Scarlett O'Hare... there is always tomorrow!!! :floorlaugh:

Need to get another cup of coffee :coffeedrinker:and something to eat. BBL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Yesterday flew by...unpacking, dog park, groceries, everyday things that take up my day. Snow started yesterday afternoon but is tapering off now. We got about 3-4". We get a reprieve for a few days and then snow on Wed and Thurs.

Baked salmon again last night. I think tonight I'll make pancakes for dinner. I'm not driving anywhere today, I'll just get outside to sweep off the porch and play in the snow out back with the dogs.

I want to get some CT work done today and get some more unpacking done. It'll be a quiet day.

@faerywings Sending G some healthy vibes. I'm finally feeling (mostly) better and am going to check to see if now I can get the flu shot and the next covid booster. I've been waiting since Nov to be well enough to get them. Sounds like a good score at the FP.

@BrightEyes Enjoy your PJ day. Bet it feels great to be able to scrap more now.

@vickyday That's sad to hear about Betty Jo, it's hard to give up the things we love to do. Enjoy the mild weather today. We having freezing temps this morning and not warming up much later. It's a good day to stay inside.

Time for another coffee and get some CT work done. HAGD everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Yesterday flew by...unpacking, dog park, groceries, everyday things that take up my day. Snow started yesterday afternoon but is tapering off now. We got about 3-4". We get a reprieve for a few days and then snow on Wed and Thurs.

Baked salmon again last night. I think tonight I'll make pancakes for dinner. I'm not driving anywhere today, I'll just get outside to sweep off the porch and play in the snow out back with the dogs.

I want to get some CT work done today and get some more unpacking done. It'll be a quiet day.

@faerywings Sending G some healthy vibes. I'm finally feeling (mostly) better and am going to check to see if now I can get the flu shot and the next covid booster. I've been waiting since Nov to be well enough to get them. Sounds like a good score at the FP.

@BrightEyes Enjoy your PJ day. Bet it feels great to be able to scrap more now.

@vickyday That's sad to hear about Betty Jo, it's hard to give up the things we love to do. Enjoy the mild weather today. We having freezing temps this morning and not warming up much later. It's a good day to stay inside.

Time for another coffee and get some CT work done. HAGD everyone.
So glad you are finally feeling better!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
So glad you are finally feeling better!
Yes, finally am feeling better. Not 100% but close enough. Now I need to build up my stamina again, after being sick and moving, I haven't had a chance to get out hiking much. Looking forward to that.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
shhh-elmer-fudd.gif ........ dont-tell-gwen-stefani.gif
I put on a jacket over my PJs and drove over to the mailbox to get my mail.
Yikes.... 3 of the envelopes were soaked and crumpled. 2 were advertising stuff but 1 was from Medicare!! I managed to carefully peel the envelope away and laid out the 4 pages on the kitchen island. Hope they dry out okay. And... saw some snowflakes drifting down as I drove home.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
View attachment 410298 ........ View attachment 410299
I put on a jacket over my PJs and drove over to the mailbox to get my mail.
Yikes.... 3 of the envelopes were soaked and crumpled. 2 were advertising stuff but 1 was from Medicare!! I managed to carefully peel the envelope away and laid out the 4 pages on the kitchen island. Hope they dry out okay. And... saw some snowflakes drifting down as I drove home.
I'll NEVER tell! ;)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, I almost didn't make it in here and it will be morning before I get back in. Been a busy day - Steph got here about 2 this afternoon and Adrienne and Ava were here when she arrived. We had a great time chatting and laughing. Chuck said we sounded like a bunch of magpies. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Ava helped me finish packing away the Christmas stuff, then she took all of my Christmas boxes up to the attic and all of my gardening tools and equipment that I had stashed in the utility room. It was beginning to look like Green Acres in there. :floorlaugh:

Then Aly came over with another plate of cookies for Chuck. He loves her cookies. By the time we had dinner and goofed around some more, it was late, but I made it in.

I'll do personals tomorrow. Everybody stay warm if you're in the frigid zones. :brrr::brrr: