Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday, May 10

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
The big day is here. well, one of the big days this month. It's the Worldwide Lyme Disease Rally and Awarenss day and we are off to the Protest in a few hours. I am meeting my MIL and we'll be taking the train into NYC so I don't have to worry about driving. whew! And double-whew, the weather looks to be perfect!

I have my nails painted a "gorgeous" shade of Lime green, if you haven't seen them on Facebook. Or maybe you can see them glowing all the way from NJ!!!! (Go figure, the first time is years that I have painted my nails and they are the most obnoxious color ever!!! LOL) But they match my Protest shirt. Should I wear bright green lipstick too? ;)

I am really excited to be doing this. One thing about chronic illness is that it is so hard to get out there, to be seen and heard. And when you have the politics of Lyme against you-- it makes it even harder. I am really glad that the kids are coming with me too. They live with this every day, their lives have been changes as kids and perhaps as adults when they need to make the decisions of having their own kids and has to face the possibilities of passing this along to them.

Phyllis- I love your idea of recording Scott's speech even though he hadn't made one yet. But I have video on my camera so if he gets a chance to talk to anyone (media will be there, so fingers crossed!!). But I am also hopeful that he/I will be in the documentary that is being made. When we did the roundtables, it was being filmed for a documentary and I really hope that he gets in there. He spoke so well and really gave great insight of what it is like to be caught up in Lyme Life.

I am going to post this, then do a few personals and then I have to get the kids up and get ready myself and then the boy I babysit is coming this morning too... Oh joy, I just looove running crazy!!!!!! hahahah!!

hugs~~~

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
From the bottom b/c I always end up neglected the later posters....

Linda S!!! So happy that "your normal" is returning. Really proud of you and th ejob your town did!!!

Laurie-- beautiful photos!!!! I love seeing wildlife!

Trudy- ugh about the wasted day :( But how awesome that you got your flight books. And remember-- first time babies "usually" come a bit late... *fingers crossed tight for you that you are there well before the baby!!*

Kristy-- good tip about breaking it up. I tend to be "obsessive" about making my goals no matter what. So I am going to try that! Good luck today with your plank!!

Meaghan-- I cannot imagine the laundry with 4 kids! You def. deserve a housekeeper!!!

Phyllis- hope that you are feeling much better today! You are NOT skanky!!!! So don't say that, k??

Good luck to DS, Laurie!

Hi to all and now I have to run... :bolt:

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Morning O fam- Chris- I am not sure enjoy is the right word for the day- but anyways- hope it is the kind of day you imagined. I am packing and getting ready for a road trip. Hope everyone enjoys their days!

whatnext

just a quick fly-by to say Hi. i'm still feeling crappy and :puke: Chris, hope your day is uplifting and positive. and i LOVE the green nails. (p.s. did you see Nana Linda's nail polish photo?? too funny!)

enjoy Friday, everyone!

Alegna

Chris I hope this day will be what you're hoping for and that it will bring more awareness about Lyme in the world. Next week there is an information evening about Lyme in our village.

Have a save trip home Laurie!

I hope you feel better soon Phylis!

Have a great day girls!

Kiliki

ugh SO SORE today...did my 30ds the ab challenge and went on a 5mile walk yesterday....HOLY crap....lmao....

nancyr

Good morning and for me it is! I won a $50 dollar spending spree from Oscraps iNSD. What a great surprise when I saw the message from Vicki. Yesterday was filled - first off had my yearly gyno visit. It was as expected. LOL Then had lots of rain. Took kitty outside to enjoy the sun once the rain finally stopped. Had a good walk with my girlfriend. And of course there was hockey. Fortunately I was only up until midnight. Today lunch out with my girlfriends. Should be such fun!

Chris have a great day at the protest! Love the idea of your green nails. I will look forward to seeing the documentary

Phylis I think the real Penguins showed up last night! Hope you feel better! And yes I see that you are in for some thunder storms and lots of rain! I guess this will fill up your rain cistern.

Laurie have a safe drive home! Sounds like the vacation was fun!

Trudy sorry about your wasted day - sometimes it just happens. Sounds like a great day though now that you have your flight! You must be so excited!

Meaghan laundry from 4 kids must be a never ending chore.

Kristi planks are tough!

Have a great day all!

meagan43

My hubby is coming home early so that I can go get my hair done as an early mother's Day gift. :D
I am sending my girl's with their teacher gifts, smogging the car (they sent me away yesterday) and taking my girl's to gymnastics. Busy day

Nancy - congrats! That's is a big GC to get!
Chris - good luck bring awareness. I know that I am now more aware than before.
Kiliki - you are a better person than me!
Whatnext - still feeling yucky :( feel better

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning O-zies another beautiful day here on the Island!! I can't believe the weather we have been having, but it is supposed to end on Sunday. :sad: Got my grocery shopping done and bought a cookbook for casseroles. DD wants a bunch of casseroles made to put in the freezer while I am out there. A good idea so she won't have to fuss with supper when she has had a busy day with the new baby. I worry so much about how she will care for this child when she is alone, but I know that I shouldn't go there, it will be fine, right???????

Chris - Love the colour of your nails, spread the news girl and make everyone aware of the hell you have been going through!! I hope you and kids make the news!!! Cheering for you all !! :cheer2:

Laurie - Safe trip home!! I can't believe that your vacation is almost over already! Bet you can't either!!!

Phylis - Awwww, so sorry that you are still feeling yucky!! Is it the Flu do you think? Hope you are better real soon!! Take care of you!! :hug:

Kristy - WTG on the fitness kick you are on!! You rock!!!

Nancy - Wooo Hooo!!!! Congrats on the big win!! You will be busy shopping for the next while I bet! Some good hockey on last night, we were happy to see the Habs go!!! Now another nail-bitter when the Bruins and Leafs get together again. Oh what fun!! Have a great time with the girlies today!!

Meagan - A great Mothers Day gift!! Enjoy the pampering!! Make sure you take an extra long time for yourself!! :wink:

Kiliki

Laurie hope your drive home is safe!!
Meagan woohoo for a new hairdo!! awesome!

I worry so much about how she will care for this child when she is alone, but I know that I shouldn't go there, it will be fine, right??????
try not to worry!!! lots of women raise babies as single mothers! she can do it with your support!!!

Nancy that is awesome!!!

Chris good luck with the ab challenge! it really does help breaking it up I did the planks for 55sec like this today 27.5 took a quick breather and did it for another 27.5 it still hurt but was a bit easier to do it that way LOL

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Kristy, she is not a single mother, but disabled and can not walk without assistance. I would not worry so much if she were a single mom LOL. Guess I should have worded my post differently!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
evening all - in a hotel for the night- last leg of the trip home tomorrow. The job door did not open for my son- but he has some part time options and also my dh has some ideas for him as well. now I am going to scrap some while I have time!