Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday, March 27

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Friday! :dance:
Get ready to stretch this morning. Raise your arms over your head and clasp your hands. Sit up straight in your chair. Bend slowly and gently to the right. Feel a stretch in your left side and breathe... back to center... and breathe...now to the left-- gently- and breathe... Center and breathe. great job!!!

Two weeks of stay-at-home orders in NJ are complete, how many more to go?
I feel like I am in this weird headspace of so far, so good. It can't happen to me or my family. Then I look at the numbers in NYC and whoa that shocks the system.

Yesterday was another mixed bag. Caitlyn and I had the rats out for a while which made us laugh a lot. I was able to be outside for an hour or so which was amazing and I got to chat with Friend Garter Snake. I felt bad, s/he must have been sleeping under a pile of leaves and when I moved them, I startled him. There are still plenty of leaves that he can go back under to stay warm.
I tried to help Cait with a thesis that she needs to write based on her observations at the internship. The professor is difficult to communicate with and the internship was canceled b/c of the virus and she is really struggling. Scott has basically said that his focus is to pass his classes and graduate and will audit the classes when he can afterward to relearn anything that he felt he missed. Her focus has always been on putting in 110% and her GPA shows that. It is impossible for her to slack off even with everything else going on.
I wish I could help. :(

My goals for today - I would love to get back outside and take at least one dog for a walk. I am hosting the Game for the Party today so I will be hanging out there too. PT exercises...and dinner. :noidea:

Gratitudes for today:
- sun and warmish weather
- puzzles
- photos of silly dogs on Twitter
- all of you!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kay- good for you to be getting some good sleep, but don't jinx yourself LOL
But the fresh air felt great! I hope you are scrapping some of the photos of the buds and blooms.
I decided against buying seeds. One of the local nurseries is working on a No Contact sales plan and I would much rather buy local plants than order seeds online that I will most likely kill as soon as they sprout. But it must feel so rejuvenating to see that new life outside. I can't wait to get more of that here.
Live Life is an amazing collab!
I love your visualization and I am glad it brought back happy memories too.

Trudy- as much as it stinks that Jonah os out of work, I am glad that he is there with Heather, the boys must be thrilled! You are a painting fiend! That painting is gorgeous and I *adore* the ones you posted on FB- with the pinks, so springy!!
That was so nice of you to visit your SIL and to sing to her. I am sure at some point I am going to drive down and visit with my parents that way. I miss them a lot.
I hope that you weren't on the same beach as me and if you were, 6 feet away! :pound:

Nancy- It was a pretty day yesterday, today too! I saw a meme of a dog hiding on top of kitchen cabinets, saying "what, we already went on 20 walks today!"
I will make sure that I get out today since the weather is going to be yucky tomorrow. You must be a few weeks ahead of us since very little other than the forsythia is blooming.

Felis- I wish I knew how to knit but then again, I am having a hard enough time crocheting. Enjoy your projects!
Cait is feeling fine, other than a sore throat. Her temp has been normal. Thank you for asking! That makes me so happy that you did the visualization using Trudy's painting. I love my O-Fam!!!

xoxo

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Wow... almost got blown away yesterday afternoon. Looked out at the back patio and the swing was rocking back and forth so hard it nearly went over. Ran outside and laid it down with the frame on top of the swing to hold it in place. Then moved my flower pots and small patio side tables plus the small metal firepit over behind the large bbq grill - hope they don't blow away. Then lined the patio chairs with rocker bases close to the house wall. I have them blow over before. We were having gust to 45-50 mph. We are suppose to have high winds again today... along with a cold front moving in.

I did get a large pan of my apple cobbler made yesterday afternoon. Oh, it was so yummy - had a slice for dessert with a scoop of ice cream. I could have pigged out on it but had already divided it into servings and put them in the freezer. Nice to know that I have something when the sugar cravings get strong. And, yes, Chris... the house smelled so good while it was baking!!! I posted photos of it on my FB page. I have 4 more large apples - think they will hold until sometime next week... unless I break down and use them for salads, etc. A lettuce, apple, pecan salad sounds delicious. I usually add pineapple to it but am going to save the canned pineapple until all my fresh fruits are gone.

Have to admit that this brings back memories of when we lived in Cairo, Egypt. We never knew what would available in the market so learned to cook with whatever was available from week to week. Most everything was made from scratch - including syrups and mayonnaise.

Late yesterday afternoon, DD#1 called to ask me to open the garage door. Her and her hubby stopped off to bring me the weed killer and a spray bottle of disinfectant [as I was completely out]. It was so good to see them and chat with them for a few minutes... with them on one side of the garage and me on the other side. She said she would be going to the grocery store early next week and would call to see what I need by then.

Trudy... that painting is wonderful. Your client should love it. And I love those coaster with the pink and turquoise colors. Glad you have something to keep you busy and productive.

Nancy and Chris, I saw the meme of the dog on the cabinet, too... had me LOL. Wow, Nancy... 2 miles on your walk with Luther! The Mayor here has closed and used tape on entrances to all the parks - including the dog parks - here and asked everyone to stay within a block of home when walking.

Felis, glad you have your knitting to keep you busy. Yes, I will be using some of the photos of my backyard in some spring themed pages soon.

Thinking of the gals I haven't mentioned... hope all of you are doing okay.
Off to get my shower and get dressed.

Good things:
My apple cobbler turned out great even without a recipe!
Glad to see DD and hubby even if we couldn't give each other a hug
Happy to have my internet friends
Have lots of happy memories

nancyr

good morning - well it dawned grey but now the sun is out and should be warming up nicely. My Blue Apron dinner was not one of our favs but it was still good. Watched hockey and it was fun to see the winning of Stanley Cup. Had a nice talk with my sister and she said Phoenix is doing shelter in place. Her company has set her up a computer so she can work from home but she is still going in as there are only 2 secretaries and they are more than 6 ft apart and lawyers are in their offices. All her kids and their families are doing well. Makes me happy. My SIL in CA was camping in Death Valley and had heard nothing of this virus and was shocked when they came back to their home. But she too is fine. I will be out walking Luther later so that will be good. And I am not cooking tonight pizza!

Chris yes I saw that meme with the dog on top of the counters. There are a lot of cute animal memes out there. Have fun getting outside. Yes we must be way ahead of you as so much is bloom. Glad Cait is feeling better probably just allergies. That is what I am dealing with and its the pits. Bet the little rats have really grown and fun to watch.

Kay glad you are getting such good sleep. Hope your temps are improving. My sister from Phoenix said they might hit the 90s next week. So should be coming your way and then I hope all the way to NJ.

Trudy love the new colors on your paintings. Very spring like! What a nice gift for your sister! Tell her happy birthday!

Felis have fun finishing up your knitting projects. I thought I would be super productive but I find I am not as much as I thought. These are strange times.

Waving to all
Have a great day!

nancyr

Kay we cross posted. WOW those are strong winds! Hope nothing blew away. And I bet the cobbler smelt great. I love that salad.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I'm trying to function but only partially successful. My stress level is thru the roof. Jen is home in isolation for two wks. She is showing COVID-19 symptoms now. She's been on the phone with the doctor who is going to see her this morning to remove her dental stitches and then she is housebound for 2 wks. She will check in with me at least twice a day so I know she is ok. I will be delivering food and groceries to her door but can't go in. Luckily we kept our distance for her this past week or so, knowing that she was exposed to lots of people at work and didn't want to take a chance on infecting D if she was a carrier. Thank goodness we did that. One of us needs to be able to get out for supplies and since D won't go out b/c of his higher risk, it's left up to me. So, I'd better stay healthy.

I was really feeling drained and shellshocked yesterday. I still feel out of sorts this morning. I just can't get motivated to do anything. I will push thru this feeling and carry on. I will go later and pick up J's prescription and bring it in and then return it to her door later. I've got sanitizer and wipes in the car so will sanitize and wipe down door handles each time I go to J's.

I want to scrap later so hopefully my funky mood will get better. D said he might make cookies for himself later. I will take a couple of pics if he does. He only makes his jam-jams once a yr, at Xmas. He is really bored b/c he's not working at all, aside from a few phone calls each day.

I hope you all stay healthy. I'll try to get into the spirit and make a page for the party later.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies and happy friday to you all! My DH is home today, he took the day off to use up some holiday time that he has built up, so a nice long weekend for him! We will most likely go and pick up the few groceries we need today instead of tomorrow when it will be much busier. Had a nice face time with the boys this morning. Jonah had to go into work to unload a delivery that was being dropped off this morning, but should be back home by afternoon. Everyone is still healthy so far and we sure hope it stays that way! SIL Linda was so happy to see us and she cried when we sang Happy Birthday to her. We brought her some beautiful flowers and a little birthday cake and a nice bottle of wine. She was thrilled to see us! Came back home and had our supper of left over ham and asparagus with hollandaise sauce :hungry: Thanks everyone for the nice comments for my painting! The set of coasters and trivet that I made yesterday have sold already!! Guess I will have to use those colours again! Still no word from the person that asked for the commission painting, hope he is not sick!

Chris - I sure hope that Cait only has a scratchy throat from allergies! I am scared to go out today to get groceries, but there are no time slots for us to do online shopping anywhere :sad: I am glad that Jonah is home now too, it makes a big difference and gives the boys some time outside riding their bikes and playing basketball with their Dad! I will be checking out your fun game for the last day of the Birthday Party! Need to get some more commenting done too!

Kay - Saw your pics on facebook of your apple cobbler OMG it looks so dang delicious!! I haven't had anything that decadent for a very long time! :hungry: Wow it must have been really windy for you to have to put the swing on its side like that! Hope it did not last too long. How nice to get in a visit with your DD and son in law! It is nice to know that they are there to help you out if you need it! Hard not to be able to hug each other, that was what it was like for us and SIL Linda too!

Nancy - sorry that your day is cloudy and grey, ours is also with lots more rain in the forecast for the next few days :mmph: Still I think we should get out for a walk today at some point, we both have good raincoats and we need the fresh air! How fun to watch the Stanley Cup win again, so far my DH has not had any desire to watch re-runs of old games, but probably will soon. We have too many other shows to catch up on and now season 3 of Ozark starts on Netflix. Oh I see that you said the sun is out now so I hope you have a lovely walk this afternoon!

Rae - Oh no I am so sorry to hear that J is showing symptoms of COVID19!! I really and truly hope that it is just a cold and that if she is tested it comes back negative! You are going to be busy with food delivery and checking in on everyone, so don't forget to take care of yourself too! Sounds like you are well prepared with your sanitizer etc. I can totally understand that you are feeling shell shocked! Hope that you are able de-stress today with some scrapping. We are all feeling like we are in a funky mood, after all our worlds have all been turned upside down with all of this! :hug:

Felis - How fun to get back to knitting and to try to learn crocheting also! I used to knit but never was very good at it. How nice that you chose my painting as your get away place :love: Hope everyone is feeling well at your house! I will check out that song for sure today!

Alright I need to check the freezer to see just exactly what is needed and then get going to the store Ugh!! I dread it! Hope everyone finds something wonderful to do today!

Gratitudes ...
We were able to sing Happy Birthday to Linda
Someone loved my coasters enough to buy them
We are both still healthy!

katg1006

Hi Chris and ladies! So glad to see the daily ooooo's still going on!

It's been so long since I have been able to pop in and say hey!!!! I didn't want to totally miss the birthday celebration!!! Happy birthday to the "O"....who will always be my digiscrap home!!

Hope you all are doing well! :)

felis

Good morning girls!
Oh, my daily stuffs losing their meanings at the moment! Rae I'm so sorry to hear that J is showing symptoms now, but she is young and strong and for lots of people this wasn't serious suffer at all. Wish her fast recovery!
After this, I feel stupid about the all things I have to murmuring today.Life is strange!
I was scraping a page, and then accidentally deleted the file, as I wasn't realize I'm saved it in wrong folder. Now will have to redo it, and really wanted to post it today as today is the Earth Hour day (Saturday, I wrote this at Saturday morning) and it was green tips page. My family refuses to practice at the Earth Hour this year and really pissed me off! They insist that they are already too bored to stay at home, so no have chance now to sacrifice also their TV night. As we practice by switch off the whole electricity at the house, not only the lights. With this quarantine people looks like less and less interested from the others global problems. That's for today.
Friday was still cold, and mostly inside. Beside the cleaning, I scraped and spend a lot time in forum here and on Instagram. I can't believe how fast the O party ended! Was so short!

Gratitudes ...
the whole family is still healthy!
the lovely O party distracted us!
music and pets!

Chris, I enjoyed a lot of your O Party game, unfortunately I mistaken my answer, so maybe I'll try again, but I really don't know what to say for myself. I love to read all other answers and guessing! Such a Fun!
Caitlyn suffer because she is perfectionist and now can't do every detail excellent, no way! I'm wondering from where this kid is inherited this habit?! LOL

Kay, hope the wind didn't make seriously damages! Your kids are so sweet, nice to come visit you from safe distance!

Nancy , how funny to come in almost apocalyptic situation, after calm time at the nature! Nice that you're all fine!

Trudy, good luck with the shopping! I hope that your client for the painting is healthy, but also he not hide because now is broke, as the financial situation change so fast for many of us! Linda's reaction is so cute! Oh what about your brother with the stinky dog, did he have any helper now?

Kat, you still have time to catch up the party, If you're concentrated today!