Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday, March 20

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:dance: Come and dance with me today! :dance:
We made it through the week! We got this. We can do this.
:cheer2:

Thank you all so much for letting me be the cheerleader here. I hope that this helps you a bit. It is very helpful to me, forces me to think outside of my own brain and helps me to focus.
Let's see- yesterday's "highlight" was getting groceries. The Shop from Home Shopper sounded utterly exhausted, I felt so bad for her. She was apologetic that so much of what I ordered was unavailable. The only thing that I was "upset" about was half and half. we go through a lot of half and half and there were no 1/2 gallons so I was only able to get 2 pints. Uh-oh! JK-- we will have to use milk instead. We can survive that.

The rats' spaying was canceled and I think that Cait is fine with it. She was concerned that if there were any complications she wouldn't be able to get them help.
The college officially canceled the rest of the semester for on-campus classes and Graduation. I knew it was coming and I don't really feel anything, not sad or angry. Numb is the best way to describe it.
I was able to work on our taxes and just need to do one more once-over then submit them. I miss the days when we worked and would get a refund. Scott will get a small refund since he was the only one with W-2s.

Today is going to be cloudy but warm. I am going to ask Scott if he wants to take a hike in our neighbor's backyard with me. He is really depressed and I don't know how to help. Maybe getting some fresh air will help.

Today's gratidudes:
- The O Birthday party begins today!!
- dogs, dogs, dogs
- the internet LOL

Deep breath, roll your shoulders, smile, and pat yourself on the back for another day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Nancy- it sounds like that your boys are settling into their routines a bit. I asked the kids last night if any of there teachers have reached out about how they are handing classes and they haven't heard anything definitive yet. Is your DH getting the hang of Zoom? Scott has one prof that had been streaming class 1 night a week already so I think she will be fine. Caitlyn had an online meeting with two advisors for Grad School so that seems to be moving along as well.
That is awesome that your DS ordered take-out. I wish we had extra cash to do the same. I hope that you and Luther enjoy the day today.

Trudy- that sounds like a lot of fun for the boys to have a picnic! It has been nice to see some of the creative ways people are acclimating to the situation. You are way ahead of us here with blooming but I think we will start seeing more of it soon.
I saw something online about homeschooling and that you don't have to make the kids be straight-A students, that keeping them healthy is really the only real goal here.

Jean- what a gorgeous puzzle! It looks like it would be very "scrapable." Was the white hard to do? Looks like it would be. We will just keep re-using the puzzles we have for now.
The teardrop was a piece of wood that a friend gave her to play around with. She is very creative in finding new things to work with. My mom had been checking her credit card account online every day to see if I had used her card. She is too funny. But it helps her as much as it helps me.
Thanks for the link to the owls!

Felis- I think that even saying that you slept all day and are enjoying IG is a great thing to hear. Thanks for the sweet things you said about Leah's art, I will let her know. we were all really disappointed about the art show being canceled as well, MIL had quilts there and Gary's cousin was showing her macrame work. Someday it will happen.
I am so happy that you won the kit you wanted. I can't wait to see all of your pages!

Hugs!!!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Happy Friday everyone!! Happy Birthday to the "O"! Wow 14 years old already! Here's to many more years of digital scrapping fun! :love: I am Dancing right along side of you Chris (no touching of course lol) It is a bit foggy here this morning, but once that burns off it is supposed to be another beautiful sunny day. Waiting to hear from Heather and the Boys this morning, so might have to quickly leave for a bit, but will attempt to get this posted before that happens. Yesterday was a bit of a blur as I wandered from one project to another and never really got anything finished. I hate when that happens! So today I will attempt to finish off a few things. I also need to run to the store to grab our groceries if there are any :mmph: I decided it might be a bit less busy to do it myself today instead of DH and I both going on Saturday. I really don't need too much, so hopefully I can get the few things that I do need. I went for a nice walk in the warm sunshine yesterday afternoon and picked up the mail and that was about it for exercise. Oh well I guess it is good that I did at least that.

Chris - I forgot to mention that I did see Leah's beautiful art on Instagram, she is getting better and better with each pour that she does! It is disappointing that she can't show her painting at the art show, but hopefully she will be able to soon! Opps Heather is calling so gotta go :bolt: CYL :wave:

nancyr

good morning - the day is foggy and should get up near 70 if the fog burns away. I am still enjoying Downton Abbey. My son got up early and went to the grocery store. When he came back he said he was told it is for seniors from 6-7:30 but they let him in. There were are few things of course that were not in stock but it was mostly just extras like ice cream and some frozen foods. My boys are doing their thing in their separate rooms. Luther is at day care and he needs some extra exercise. It is near lunch time and now they are in my space figuring out who is making what and all kinds of fuss and noise.

Chris I am sorry about Scott being so down. Yes going outside. Let him be your guide. My DH used Zoom and it was streaming and interactive and in fact one of the his students helped him upload slides and stuff so that was cool. I am sure that the students and professors will soon get the hang of the online stuff.

Trudy that should be fun for the boys to be with the grandparents and to be outside. Good luck to Heather with the homeschooling. Have fun painting and scrapping.

Jean that was really an beautiful puzzle and it looks really hard. Good luck on the next ones. And yes I am just watching birds from near.

Felis glad you are sleeping and enjoying IG. Continue the and enjoy!

Have a great day!

nancyr

Trudy we cross posted and yes I had never seen Downton and I am enjoying. And what lives. And yes Happy Birthday to the O. And these times are changing.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thanks for being the cheerleader today! I am doing some cyber-dancing along with you. And a very Happy 14th Birthday to OScraps!!! Hope lots of members join in the fun and challenges and win some prizes!!

Well, plans have changed here. Sent my cousin an email yesterday then talked with her this morning. We both had made the decision (independent of each other) that she should not try to move here. She had talked with her daughter and made the decision that rather than moving here, she would move up to where her daughter lives... once the pandemic crisis is over. Her POD will be picked up on Monday.. so the decision was made just in time. I think there is relief on both sides about where she will be moving. As I jokingly said... the good thing is that I got my garage straightened out! LOL

DD#1 just called to let me know that the movers had packed and moved what was to go to the rental house yesterday. The stuff for long-term storage is being packed and loaded from their home today. Her DH's office closed 2 days ago so he is there to help with getting that done.

Brrrr... it was 30*F when I got up this AM. Will be cold and blustery most of the day so not even going down to get mail from the mailbox. Should be getting warmer by next week so might be able to sit outside on the patio then.

No personals today while I adjust to the decisions/changes in the last 24 hours.

Things I am thankful for:
Decision about my cousin's move
Family is well

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. I'm still working a bit finishing up the earlier work before the office closed and we'll see what next wk brings. Not sure how much telemedicine my 2 bosses will do but I estimate about half to 2/3 of my usual workload. I'm suffering a bit from stress-brain right now. I recognize the signs (from when my mom passed and how I felt from the stress). I'm ok but feeling tired, my brain is a bit foggy and I keep forgetting things (more than usual). Not surprising at this time and since I recognize it, I know to just slow down a bit, try to focus a bit more, knowing I am forgetting things easily and to tackle one thing at a time, no multi-tasking for me right now.

I'm going to do a CT page this afternoon and will get some editing done. The only place I'm going to this afternoon is the pet store if they get in any of Taz's salmon chews.

Tonight we'll binge watch some shows and I might make a banana bread. I told B on the phone yesterday I'd make some for Sunday. I'm sure she won't remember us talking about it, but I know she'll be happy to get some. We can't take her out so we'll have a movie afternoon at her place and enjoy some banana loaf.

Things I am grateful for:

That B is in a safe and relatively healthy environment (not anywhere near as risky as a hospital would be).
We are all healthy.
I was able to score some ground beef finally.

scrap-genie

It's windy and mostly gray today. We got up to 68*F but it's now falling and tomorrow will only be in the 30s. Weather as crazy as everything else. Glad you liked our puzzle with the owl of infinite wisdom. ;) We've now started one with ravens, a realistic one more or less. very pretty but probably hard.

Chris, you're going great cheer leading. Appreciate it. Definitely get Scott outside! Anything in the woods he hasn't studied yet? Keep a calendar of when wild plants come up, when they bloom, track insect life when it appears? Something? While we're being told to stay home there are still tips to get out for a walk or go birding or hike in the parks. Don't know what to think. Our newspaper had links to online museum content today. The museums will present content online at noon daily via Facebook. The virtual programs will vary weekly. You might like this one:
National First Ladies' Library, Thursdays: The library will celebrate women's history, the Saxton McKinley family and more, and will provide interactive lessons and activities for all ages, at http://firstladies.org/ and on Facebook.​

Trudy, yes, we all need to keep dancing! Waiting to hear about the grands and their picnic. Good luck at the store today and with painting and scrapping.

Nancy, how nice that Luther still can go to doggy day care. I feel for you with the guys intruding in your space. Hope they spend more time on their own leaving you in peace.

Kay, I think that is probably good news about your cousin so she'll be with someone of the next generation. But as you say, you got your garage cleaned out. Good luck with the weather.

Rae, I sympathize with your stress. I know I don't feel quite together either. One thing at a time is good. And banana bread too. Hope it's a good time with B.

Felis, congrats on the new song and the kits you won. Hope you have lots of fun with them. The party has started and I think it will motivate us (I hope.)

Gratitudes:
That so many birds visit our yard - I've seen 12 species today including a Downy Woodpecker on the suet feeder that has been so neglected this winter.
That we're still well.
For the O party.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I'm baaacckk!! LOL I survived the grocery store, although it was a very strange shopping experience! They want everyone to keep their distance from each other and the staff and we are not allowed to use our re-usable bags, so it is back to plastic Ugh!! I pretty much got everything I wanted, except zucchini and the breakfast cereal that DH wanted. So it was good! I dropped off a Norwex order to my friend who is quarantined after coming back from Hawaii and we talked from a distance of course, but she is doing well so that is good. Heather and the boys talked with me for over an hour and heard the fun day that the kids had out at the bunkhouse near the pond. They did some fishing, had a picnic and blew bubbles, did a scavenger hunt and played in the sand. Sounded like a great day!

Chris - Sorry that Scott is feeling so down! He must really be missing his sweetie! Hope that going out for a bit helps!

Nancy - Lucky that your son was allowed in while it was seniors shopping, we had that here too, they let them in to shop here, from 7am until 9am a nice idea! I will have to convince DH that now that he is a senior he could the shopping for me LOL. Glad you are enjoying Downton Abby, I often think that I should re-watch the whole thing again, but there are so many other shows that I would like to see. Seems like there is not enough time to see it all and I don't turn on the tv during the day, except if there is news that I need to listen to. Hope your guys don't drive you crazy today!

Kay - Well I guess the one good thing is that you got your garage all cleaned out! I hope that you are all very happy with the decision that your cousin made, it does sound like it will be the best option!

Rae - I hope that you do not stress too much over all of this craziness! I know I was feeling very out of sorts the past little while too, but at least you are with each other and you can get groceries if you need too, even if its not exactly the things that you need! There was lots of ground beef at our store, however not the good grass fed kind that we love! Oh well we will survive!! Hope that you have a lovely day with B and I am sure that she will be very happy to have the yummy banana bread and your company!

Jean - I am surprised that your library is still open!! Ours has been closed for a while now. Had to laugh at my sister who had to give her DH a haircut, because the salons are all closed. She was very thankful to find a lesson on YouTube on how to cut men's hair LOL. I hope that I can get back to my painting over the weekend! I still have SIL Linda's birthday card to finish and her birthday is on the 26th not sure she will receive it on time, even though it doesn't have far to go, seems it takes forever for something to be delivered by mail here on the Island. Oh well its not like any of us will be together for her birthday so I guess it doesn't really matter when it gets there.

Gratitudes - Happy that we are still Healthy
- Glad that we have plenty of food to eat
- Happy that Heather finally got the eggs she needed, however not the bread.
- Enjoying sunshine again today and can go for a walk in the fresh air!

Last edited by a moderator:

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Hello my O friends and Happy Birthday to the O!! It has been forever since I have posted. Being as I work in health care I am still working despite most things being shut down. I am grateful to have my job right now. Also grateful that my employer is interested in keeping us working, both on site and soon to be from home with tele health and special projects. I upgraded my lap top today and it kind of wiped out all my settings and stuff- I have slowly been working at getting it back up and running the way I like it. Good to see my old O friends posting.