Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, June 3

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
ROTFLMBO, I just freaked the **** out of myself. I typed "Friday, May 3rd" which would have made it Gary's birthday:eek: Thankfully, I caught that mistake before my heart gave out. LOL

Well. Yesterday was a mixed bag, do you want to good news first or the not-so-good? Let's get the not-so-good out of the way.
In retrospect, I shouldn't have been surprised but LLMD thinks I have an active case of Bartonella again. Booooooooooooooooo! Even though my Rheumatoid Factor has been high since 2017, she still doesn't see evidence that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, the wrong knuckles in my hands are affected. She knows I have a strong family history of osteoarthritis (dad and grandma) but it isn't presenting itself closely to that either, especially in my left hand which wouldn't get the same level of degeneration as my right. She thinks it is an "inflammatory arthritis" that can be caused by Bartonella which I have had since-- who knows how long. I am also showing the vascular issues in my hands that lean towards Bart. But other than my hands I feel really good!!! Those of you who have been here a long time remember how sick I was, how getting out of bed was an effort and how I was always in pain. As she was reading over my chart, she was asking me about symptoms and I have none of them. (sure I am tired all of the time, but sheesh, I'm old LOL She wanted me to start abx immediately but I am waiting to see what the labs show. 12 vials taken and that was nowhere close to the most ever. heh

Enough of that-- on to good news!!!!! Scott came home yesterday and I got to hug Caitlyn!! *happy dancing* I pulled into the driveway in the afternoon and it felt wonderful to see his car there. He had only popped in for a bit but when he heard I was on my way home, he decided to wait to see me. He came home last night "for good" after I was in bed but he is going to be here all day. Yesterday was also Caitlyn's day for not having to wear a mask so I got to give her a BIG hug! I can't wait to hug Gary next. He is still feeling pretty bad. He has no appetite on top of not being able to smell/taste which is making it hard to keep his blood sugar level.

It is a beautiful sunny day right now. It looks pretty out of my window, all of the green trees. It rained a lot last night so hopefully, it will dry out soon. I have a bunch of Cheery O things I have to do plus make a card for my brother's birthday- might be good if it takes longer for the grass to dry.

HAGD!! Hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I bet you are happy that it is Friday, I hope you have no plans this weekend for anything other than resting.
I think that big sigh of relief you felt is telling you it is the right choice to take the house off of the market. I can understand 100% why the pull of living next to the ocean would get you, though.
I am with you, I realize how blessed I am to have my kids still here with me at home. I know it won't last forever and I can only hope that they stay close. My friend's DD (our girls grew up together) moved to FL since she works at Disney and I can't imagine how hard it is for her. She had Covid a few weeks ago and I told my friend how I felt for her-- it was hard enough having Cait sick *here* and not being able to hug her. Can't imagine being a 2-days drive away. :(

@tantava you found a photo of Braxton's favorite music star! look at the moves! LOL!
That is wild about the smell hallucinations. I used to get them very often when my brain was inflamed with Lyme, so I guess it makes sense since Covid causes inflammation too?
Poor co-worker's wife - being overdue has to stink. Thankfully I was only 1 day "overdue" with Scott so that doesn't even count. I hope that your trip goes off well
I bet you are going to find stuff in your scrap stash that you forgot you had. ITA agree about the templates being timeless. You can adapt them to whatever you need. Can't wait to see what you find and use.

@BrightEyes *fingers crossed that it rains over the fires and that you get the right amount that you need as well*
Good luck with the yard cleaning estimate today and bring lots of bags to the book sale :)
I feel bad, I was going to call my dad yesterday and by the time I got back from the Dr, I only wanted to relax for a little before dinner. I will call him today.

@bcgal00 Fab news about your thyroid, even better news about your lens! Sorry it is heavy but you have the right attitude, that it will be a good workout :D Not to mention your photos are going to be spectacular! Not that they arent *already*
The house seems to be coming along well! Jen has her own separate "apartment" or is it more like a mother-daughter? Either way, it is perfect for you all.

@taxed4ever Oh no! Sorry that you needed to get a new keyboard. Darn coffee! LMBO at having to use a PC! I hope that today is easier for you

@Cherylndesigns Gary still needs to wear his mask when he leaves his area which is a pain for him but he came down to watch Stranger Things with Cait and me last night, He can unmask on Monday, yay! :)
Thank you for understanding why I was aggravated at the store. The rude man was not even a pharmacist so he had no excuse :/
Enjoy the plants and flowers today!

@felis So nice to see you!!
according to some news site, Americans are check the news about Johnny Depp a lot more than these for the war in Ukraine.
This won't surprise you but not me! I am splitting my time between the shootings and Ukraine. ;) But that news report doesn't shock me at all.
it is good news for Caitlyn and Gary so they shouldn't need to worry at all this summer. Scott and I still have to be cautious. My dad's surgery is next week and won't be able to drive for 6 weeks. If my parents need help, I am going to have to be available since my brother finally got a FT job (YAY!!)

LLMD said that you get antibody testing done by Lab Corp, have any of you done that? Know anything about it?

I see Nancy pop up on FB every once in a while, her DIL will tag her so I know she's ok. She hasn't been here in a looong time :(

Cheryl- WTG on getting lots of tomato flowers! I only got 2 grape tomato plants this year. Too many chipmunks around to get a decent amount of regular-sized tomatoes. They would be big and beautiful with nibbles out of the sides before they were ripe enough to pick LOL.
yasssss!! herb babies need an herb baby buggy!
#kiss

Felis-- great advice from Eva- you have to take care of yourself too xo

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies! It is raining again, but at least the temps are nice and warm. The rain means I don't have to water any of my plants outside. I was lucky to find a new keyboard for my iMac at the local Staples store and ordered it online. They had it ready for me to pickup within an hour. Its a bit thinner than my last one, but so nice that I don't have to change batteries in it anymore. It is wireless but you can charge the battery by simply plugging it into the computer. Nice!! BTW my coffee cup now sits quite far away from my keyboard LOL. I had a wonderful sleep last night, slept right through the night, that never happens!! The planets must have been in perfect alignment last night, because my DH said he had a great sleep too! We sure are loving our new mattress, it is probably the reason for our better sleeps! I hope to get started on a layout for one of the challenges today and finish off a birthday card for Isaac. I can't believe that he will be 14yrs old this June 16th. How did that happen??? Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Mason will be 9 yrs. old tomorrow!! Where have the years gone?? It was like yesterday that I was out at Heather's and she went into labour with Mason wasn't it?? We are realizing that it will just be too darn expensive for our kids and grands to fly home this summer. None of us can afford the cost! Heather and Jonah are getting central air installed and Jason and Jackie are having to sink more money into their house too. The basement is terribly uneven and so they are having it redone and getting it all levelled out which is costing them a fortune. So I think that my Gary and I will fly out to Ottawa and meet up with everyone there and stay for a couple of weeks. Its a long drive for Heather and family, but they might be able to catch the train in Toronto and then get to Ottawa that way. Its not too much $$ if they leave from Toronto. Its all up in the air right now and it won't be happening until August, so we will see what happens. I think that my Gary and I are going to brave the local theatre and see the new Top Gun movie tonight. Gosh I am all over the place this morning! Ok enough rambling from me #crazy

@faerywings - Say it isn't so that your Bartonella is Back!!! NOOOOO!!! I am so sad to hear this!! I hope that your test results come back good and that you don't have to start another round of abx. I am kicking those dam bugs out for you!! #angry2Happy for you that you got to hug Caitlyn and you got to see your son again!! That news made my Mommy heart happy! It is so wonderful that you have dodged getting Covid!! Sorry that your Gary is still having smell and taste issues from Covid, hope he feels better very soon! Hope you get to be outside and enjoy the sunshine today! Dirt therapy is always great, but stay away from those darn ticks!!

@LSlycord - TGIF I bet you are very glad to be done with all of the showings of your house! Seems like a good plan to wait until the kids are done with college and look at moving then. I hope that your kids don't end up living far away from you, it sucks not having mine close! I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that they would both be so far from us! I suppose I should be grateful that they are happy and healthy and living the life that they want. Yes you are right, my darn keyboard was not something that I needed to deal with its always something!! It never ends LOL.

@Cherylndesigns - Hope you are in your happy place and taking care of all your plant babies today! Your garden sounds lovely! Yes my keyboard was a goner, it would still type, but all the letters were wrong, so I couldn't even put my password into my computer to sign in, it was very frustrating LOL. All good now though, loving my new magic keyboard. No batteries to deal with.

@felis - How nice to see your pretty face in here again! I can't say as I blame you for isolating yourself from all the bad news in the world, like Eva said sometimes you need to just get away from everything and everyone and take care of you! It certainly does not make you a toxic friend!! I was very lucky to find the new keyboard quickly and had it all up and running within a couple of hours.

@tanteva - Such great advice for our Felis!! Are you going to get to go to Stockholm on Wednesday! I hope so and I hope you find all the info that you are looking for!

@BrightEyes - Sorry that you did not get the rain where it is so desperately needed! Still trying to send some of our rain out to you, its been a very soggy couple of months! How did the estimate go for cleaning? Hope you got to go to the book/dvd sale.

@bcgal00 - How wonderful to get the good news about your thyroid! I was on meds for years for my thyroid, but when I went Keto it changed so much for the better, now I don't take any meds of any kind! Glad that you got your new lens, you will have arms of steel after a few months of carrying it around LOL Who needs to do arm exercises when you have a heavy lens! How did your meal planning go? I have to get some things made today too. DH is all out of breakfast muffins and other things that he likes to have. How nice to have your beautiful big dressing room to organize, wish I could come over and help you! I am kinda like Monica from "Friends" and would love to get my hands on organizing for you LOL.

Ok I think I have caught up with everyone! Time for a second cup of coffee and get started with my day! Have a great Friday everyone! #kiss3

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning - did I just say "morning"????? Will wonders ever cease?

Chris @faerywings good news about Scott coming home and getting to hug Cait!! I hope Gary gets his taste and smell back. Casey (housekeeper) never has gotten hers back. Ava finally did - they had it when we still lived in FL. They all had it and were all in isolation at the same time. UGH I'm sorry to hear about your hands. I have osteo - just in my hands - got it from my dad and his mom. I can't open much of anything without those rubber thingies that I keep everywhere - even in my car. Haha I have scissors in every drawer, too. There's nothing they can do about mine - I definitely don't have rheumatoid - been tested for that. Have you tried Arthritis Strength Tylenol? It's been a wonder drug for me. I used to take aspirin and Aleve and ended up with a bleeding ulcer a few years ago. I can't take any insaids (sp) now.

You're going to be busy when your dad can't drive. UGH - do they live close? I don't think I know exactly where they live.

Trudy @taxed4ever your new keyboard sounds nice!! Glad you were able to replace it and that you like it. Ours did the same thing with the wonky letters - they just never work right again. I work on a laptop so I'd be screwed if anything got spilled on it. My hard and fast rule is NO open containers near the laptops!

It's beautiful here today and 75 right now. It got so beautiful and a little chilly yesterday evening. Casey came over and hung the lights on the front porch for me - she's such s sweetie pie!! We sat out there and talked and laughed for about an hour after she got them up. We tried to pay her and she refused to take it! I even tried to stuff it down her t-shirt and she told me to get away from her! Hahaha Her dd, Sophie is gong this week with a cousin and she had some free time. Sophie turns 11 on the 11th (wow - I'm really into numbers - 11 on the 11th. We're invited to her party so Asher is looking forward to that. He comes tomorrow!!! I can't believe the time has gone so fast. Adrienne, Ava and I are driving to the AK airport, picking him up, then picking up Roger's granddaughter, who lives in the same town and she's coming back for a few days. They're about the same age, so I hope they hit it off. I might not be on here quite as much, but he is going to that Ninja Warrior Camp for 6 days, so that will give me some leeway. We have a lot planned while he's here. Ava found a rock painting kit yesterday - we're going to make some 918 Rocks - like the one I found - and go hide them around town.

I'd better fo - my herbs need their dails stroll Chris @faerywings - they're getting awfully big - I think I need a bigger buggy!! LOL

HAGD everybody. XOXO

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I am frustrated this morning. I got an email from my GP saying they need an updated phone number (the land line was cancelled when we moved). So I told her we had moved here but would like to do blood work and thyroid meds thru them and they said no, they were cancelling me as a patient. So I will have to try to get into the hospital urgent care for a prescription in 3 months and no more blood work. Hopefully I can get a renewal for synthroid. There is no walk-in here, you have to call the hospital urgent care which can take days to get thru to them and then you have to wait for them to call you back some time to see if they will let you come in and wait to see if you might get seen that day ). It is such a bigger nightmare than I could have imagined here for medical care. It's scary. So I won't be able to get any pain meds for my back anymore b/c they don't give out pain meds at the clinic I was told.

I love living here and will make the most of my life here but if my health turns or my back gets bad then I'm not sure how to survive that out here. It still boggles my mind that our province hasn't done anything to keep and bring doctors here. I guess the ones that make those decisions all have doctors and don't really care. Other provinces, especially Alberta, can't get enough patients for their doctors, they are all scrambling for new patients. They get paid on a different scale than BC so they have a ton of doctors there.

So today I am feeling angry and frustrated and a little scared. I have to adopt a "what will be will be" attitude or I will go crazy but honestly I never thought my doctor would drop me, I wasn't ready for the news today.

I'll come back later but right now I think all I can think about is that phone call...

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Finally have time to pop in and say "Hi". The lawn estimator was here just after 9... ended up taking almost an hour with him to show him what all I wanted done. He is very knowable about trees/plants. When I showed him the 2 transplanted "shrubs" in the backyard, he told me they are Wild Elms and are very invasive!!! And I showed him 3 others that are the same in a big pot in the front yard!!! They were sold as "3 foot shrubs"!!! Yikes... Will be having all of them removed! He also said he could get rid of and kill the roots of the 'trumpet vines' from my neighbor's yard that has invaded my yard. And would use a preventative weed killer that wouldn't allow weeds to germinate!!! I was very impressed with him and what he recommended. Won't get the estimate until Monday - but have already decided that I will use his company. I may end up breaking up parts to have done (planting replacements in the backyard until fall, taking out the huge shrub in front and maybe removing another tree in the front yard). He is going to break out the estimates so I can decide on what needs to be done ASAP and others that can wait. WOW!!! maybe I am lucking out on getting a real 'professional' who knows all about the business. It is probably worth it in the long run. BTW, his wife will also recommend what to plant in the 3 "soon to be emptied" spots in the backyard. While we were looking around back there, I spotted a lot of green plums on my plum tree. It only gets fruit every other year... had almost none last year... so think I will have a lot this year! :D Asked him they might be available once I say yes... he said I would be at top of the list (maybe toward the end of next week) as they were finishing up most of the already booked jobs.

After he left, I made a run over to the main local library (4 miles away) for the book/DVD sale. Long story short... it was well worth the trip over there. I didn't get any books but I ended up with 36 new-to-me Movies on 24 DVDs!!! Whoo-whee! ! ! ! I was thrilled to get a 3-disc set of DUNE - Director's cut special.... and managed to get all the Harry Potter ones (already had 2 of them) plus several multi-movies DVDs. Need to get them all listed in the DVD inventory ASAP. Think I now have enough movies to watch for awhile!!! #kiss

I need to check on the challenge I am hosting then do some other CT work that needs to be done ASAP. Want to get caught up on all that before the OS's Birthday Bash gets started mid-month.

No rain in our area.... <sigh>.... but may get some near Las Vegas (NM) where 1 of the fires is burning this afternoon. The smoke haze is back where the mountain is barely visible again today. So far... the winds are light so hoping it stays that way.

Chris.... not to be downer but Gary might still be contagious as long as he is having coughing and other symptoms. My sister who had Covid was contagious for 3 weeks after she came down with it due to the on-going symptoms. DD#2 who had it was also contagious and isolated in the hospital for over 2 weeks. So sorry to hear your hands and a flare-up. Hope you don't have to be back on the meds for it.

Rae, that is scary about the lack of doctors and what you have to do to get seen!!! Here is hoping that you (and the family) stay well. What a bummer that your old primary care doctor's office cut you off as a patient!

Need to get something to eat... I missed breakfast and I am hungry now! CYL

Last edited:

felis

Hello lOvelies,
As I told you above, I got few free days from work, so to can concentrate on Love Yarn. I didn't lied, although I probably would :p, but no one ask me, they automatically assumed that we will visit vet, and I've got these days so easily (and thankfully all pets are feeling well at the moment). I'll continue to complain how unfairly paid is my job (because it is), but never will quit alone, because freedom to have flexibility about your time is precious. Literally some people get a free days because they are behind with their garden, or have to go watch sports event. When corporate job will allows you that? These days aren't paid, but this would be too cynical to want :D:cool:.
This summer I'll follow my heart and wouldn't listen any "must to" and "what if"! #coffee

@faerywings Chris, I hope everything with your dad will be fine! Do you consider to live with them for few days after the surgery? Congratulation for your brother's job! At least one good thing is that now Cait can travel and enjoy the summer!
I'm not sure, I couldn't understand that sorry, so now labs show that you have Bartonella or Arthritis? Really sorry to hear that you didn't feels well!
Oh, it's good to know that for Nancy, thank you. I've seeing Jean to post in other threads time to time , so I'm not worried.

@taxed4ever Trudy, how good that you find keyboard so fast! I had bad experience with a mouse, the prices just don't feel the quality, and brands was totally unfamiliar, but similar at 3 different stores. Good luck with figuring out your family meeting at Ottawa!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl, WOW, so the handsome devil will spend some time with you, that's awesome! Do he still allows you to take photos of him, or go in an age when that embarrassing him? Actually nowadays kids lives at TikTok, so why Asher to care. Looking forward for the layouts of this summer! How is Ava's store?
Absolutely remember the tiered raised bed, and even I'm jealous about it, we don't make raised beds here, which is such a waste as they looks so pretty. But I'm not remembered what flowers was there. Love the rising of herbs and flowers at the same bed, it's a lovely mix.

@bcgal00 Rae, OMG, that's sounds really scary! But why you gave them that information? The cell phone have no local code, they wouldn't figure out that you are moved?

@BrightEyes Kay , the new gardening project sounds very exciting. Except that, umm, they will charge you to remove plants that you already have, and then will sell you new, did I get that right? They will get double payment from you just because he told you this is an ''very invasive'', please, please, check his words! It's sounds as he is saw a chance for double paid. They will get double payment from you just because he told you this is an ''very invasive'', please, please, check his words! It's sounds as he is saw a chance for double paid, instead just to care for what you already have. Absolutely awesome about the DVDs!

Wait, what, how O's Birthday will be this month, what happens with March?
Want to get caught up on all that before the OS's Birthday Bash gets started mid-month.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Kay , the new gardening project sounds very exciting. Except that, umm, they will charge you to remove plants that you already have, and then will sell you new, did I get that right? They will get double payment from you just because he told you this is an ''very invasive'', please, please, check his words! It's sounds as he is saw a chance for double paid. They will get double payment from you just because he told you this is an ''very invasive'', please, please, check his words! It's sounds as he is saw a chance for double paid, instead just to care for what you already have. Absolutely awesome about the DVDs!

No, no, no, Felis. They will not sell me the replacement plants. They will recommend plants that might be a good fit for the space. As it happens, I know that Wild Elm trees can be very invasive... I just didn't recognize it as a tree - as I was thinking it was a shrub. I went onto the New Mexico website... this is what it says: "The USDA calls Siberian (Wild) elms a class C noxious weed" And the pictures are the same as what is in my yard.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hello lOvelies,
As I told you above, I got few free days from work, so to can concentrate on Love Yarn. I didn't lied, although I probably would :p, but no one ask me, they automatically assumed that we will visit vet, and I've got these days so easily (and thankfully all pets are feeling well at the moment). I'll continue to complain how unfairly paid is my job (because it is), but never will quit alone, because freedom to have flexibility about your time is precious. Literally some people get a free days because they are behind with their garden, or have to go watch sports event. When corporate job will allows you that? These days aren't paid, but this would be too cynical to want :D:cool:.
This summer I'll follow my heart and wouldn't listen any "must to" and "what if"! #coffee

@faerywings Chris, I hope everything with your dad will be fine! Do you consider to live with them for few days after the surgery? Congratulation for your brother's job! At least one good thing is that now Cait can travel and enjoy the summer!
I'm not sure, I couldn't understand that sorry, so now labs show that you have Bartonella or Arthritis? Really sorry to hear that you didn't feels well!
Oh, it's good to know that for Nancy, thank you. I've seeing Jean to post in other threads time to time , so I'm not worried.

@taxed4ever Trudy, how good that you find keyboard so fast! I had bad experience with a mouse, the prices just don't feel the quality, and brands was totally unfamiliar, but similar at 3 different stores. Good luck with figuring out your family meeting at Ottawa!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl, WOW, so the handsome devil will spend some time with you, that's awesome! Do he still allows you to take photos of him, or go in an age when that embarrassing him? Actually nowadays kids lives at TikTok, so why Asher to care. Looking forward for the layouts of this summer! How is Ava's store?
Absolutely remember the tiered raised bed, and even I'm jealous about it, we don't make raised beds here, which is such a waste as they looks so pretty. But I'm not remembered what flowers was there. Love the rising of herbs and flowers at the same bed, it's a lovely mix.

@bcgal00 Rae, OMG, that's sounds really scary! But why you gave them that information? The cell phone have no local code, they wouldn't figure out that you are moved?

Wait, what, how O's Birthday will be this month, what happens with March?
Felis, Asher is sometimes agreeable to pictures/ sometimes not. Kids that age think nothing of putting stupid stuff on TikTok but won't let their parents/grandparents take their "normal pictures". Of course, the little scoot has a TikTok page. I have to grit my teeth at some of the things he posts - but, you know what??? He recently did a TIKTOK about his "favorite people" and I made that list - he even had a picture of me. I was SO humbled. hahaha

Yes, I have all sorts of plants living happing together in my raised bed and tomorrow, my green beans are supposed to arrive, so I can't wait to get them planted.

LSlycord

Good evening all. I am so glad that it is finally Friday! It seems like Europe is now a distant memory although we got the rest of the photos back tonight so that was good news.

@faerywings I'm sorry about your diagnosis...I do remember when getting out of bed each day was so hard for you. I'm really glad that Scott stayed around to see you and that you could give Cait a hug. I hope that your dad's surgery goes well...but it is a lot for him to not be able to drive for 6 weeks. But it is really good news that your brother got a FT job! I'm sure he is relieved.

@taxed4ever I do hope that I am never as far from my kids as you are but you are right, if they are healthy and happy, that is most important. And I cannot believe that your grandsons are that old. I think they froze in time in my mind. The days are long but the years are short...saw that word art this morning and it stuck with me! I can't wait to hear what you think of Top Gun! I think that Brian and I may try to get to it this weekend.

@Cherylndesigns I know that you must be sooo excited to have Asher arriving tomorrow. That is just the greatest news! I can't wait to hear all about the adventures.

@bcgal00 I am so sorry to hear what you are going through with the doctor situation. I can't quite imagine how they think that will work for you if you are in pain and they won't prescribe anything. I saw my doctor this week...I really like her...and she told me that so many of her colleagues are leaving the profession. And goodness knows we have sure experienced the downside of the system these last few months with Shaun.

@BrightEyes sounds like you have struck gold between the roof contractor and now the landscape contractor. I know how hard that is to get good help these days so yay for you! Bummer about the smoke.

Have a good rest of your day and evening and I'll catch you all in the morning!

@felis very good to have you around for a few days! And the O's birthday is now being celebrated in June instead of March...which sounds like it is just meant to be that you are back here! Who can resist the O during birthday month.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good evening all. I am so glad that it is finally Friday! It seems like Europe is now a distant memory although we got the rest of the photos back tonight so that was good news.

@faerywings I'm sorry about your diagnosis...I do remember when getting out of bed each day was so hard for you. I'm really glad that Scott stayed around to see you and that you could give Cait a hug. I hope that your dad's surgery goes well...but it is a lot for him to not be able to drive for 6 weeks. But it is really good news that your brother got a FT job! I'm sure he is relieved.

@taxed4ever I do hope that I am never as far from my kids as you are but you are right, if they are healthy and happy, that is most important. And I cannot believe that your grandsons are that old. I think they froze in time in my mind. The days are long but the years are short...saw that word art this morning and it stuck with me! I can't wait to hear what you think of Top Gun! I think that Brian and I may try to get to it this weekend.

@Cherylndesigns I know that you must be sooo excited to have Asher arriving tomorrow. That is just the greatest news! I can't wait to hear all about the adventures.

@bcgal00 I am so sorry to hear what you are going through with the doctor situation. I can't quite imagine how they think that will work for you if you are in pain and they won't prescribe anything. I saw my doctor this week...I really like her...and she told me that so many of her colleagues are leaving the profession. And goodness knows we have sure experienced the downside of the system these last few months with Shaun.

@BrightEyes sounds like you have struck gold between the roof contractor and now the landscape contractor. I know how hard that is to get good help these days so yay for you! Bummer about the smoke.

Have a good rest of your day and evening and I'll catch you all in the morning!

@felis very good to have you around for a few days! And the O's birthday is now being celebrated in June instead of March...which sounds like it is just meant to be that you are back here! Who can resist the O during birthday month.
Oh, Linda - we're on pins and needles right now because of the tropical storm!! It's just blowing in and isn't supposed to "hit" until tomorrow. We're afraid his flight will be canceled or at the best, delayed. We're keeping in close touch. UGH!!

LSlycord

Oh, Linda - we're on pins and needles right now because of the tropical storm!! It's just blowing in and isn't supposed to "hit" until tomorrow. We're afraid his flight will be canceled or at the best, delayed. We're keeping in close touch. UGH!!
Oh Cheryl! The flights have been so unpredictable! I am so sorry. My fingers are crossed... Flying was always stressful but with all of these cancellations, it has become unbearable.