Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, July 9

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Another rainy day up the east coast. The rain and t-storms have been so active here the past month, maybe it will all be out of the system so when we go down the shore in Sept, we won't get a drop of rain. If only weather worked that way!

I am here a bit late this morning, I had to run to the lab to get blood drawn and that meant no coffee, I wish there was some way to get a special dispensation to waive that. Like in the Catholic Church you can pay them and they will give you a dispensation- I was allowed to marry Gary (non-Catholic) in a Catholic ceremony as long as I gave them money to do so. So if I give the Lab some money, they should let me drink coffee before bloodwork. *nods* That is absolutely what they should do.

I was able to get the plants all put away before the rain yesterday and Scott and I dropped his car off at the shop in the afternoon before the storms came through overnight. We played a few rounds of Scattergories after dinner and Gary was flat out making up his own words. :p

My *big* job today is to clean out the bottom cabinet of canned goods- there are ants in there and that means something must have leaked. The cabinet is a corner one and I literally have to climb halfway into it to reach the back. ( I HATE MY KITCHEN!!!!) That is always such a pain in the butt to do but not much choice in the matter.

Have a great day and stay cool/dry/safe/happy!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns How is the brain today? I get myself so worked up over parties and large gatherings so I understand why you would rather not go to the wedding but I would bet once you are there, you will have a good time.
Lila and Daisy must be such cute balls of fur when they are playing. The rumpus is from Where the Wild Things Are! When I was teaching, we would all stomp around when I read it. Such a fun book!
My mom flew once when we went to Disney together and she is the same way, very claustrophobic and anxious. I don't think that 1st Class would even make a difference. I used to enjoy flying- it always meant something good was happening.

Trudy!!!! I am so happy for you-- I am sure you won't see this but I hope you catch all of the good vacation and fun and family vibes I am sending. I cannot believe that Hunter is going to be 4. Wow!!!!

@tanteva good to hear that your brain grew back :D

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I can't believe its only 9 am here. I was up at 6:15 with the dogs, fed them, had 2 cups of coffee, played ball with Remi, went outside twice to play with the flirt pole (the most awesome dog toy ever) with Remi, took some photos of the birds, played a stick game with Remi where I throw it off the back porch (2nd story high) onto the grass down below and she races down the stairs to find it and bring it back. And now finally I can sit and relax for a few minutes before starting work. The dogs have setted in for a nap now.

Today or tomorrow Telus is coming to dig under the ground to lay the fiber cable which will get hooked up in a week. We got a good corporate discount through D's work so couldn't pass it up. Seems weird to leave Shaw (cable/phone/internet) after 35 yrs or so. We are getting our new iPhones thru them too at another discount so yay...we both get the new iPhone soon (standard for D and Pro Max for me), can't wait. I have my new camera this week, sony rx10 iv and love it so much. The tracking on it is just amazing. I'm still on the fence about selling my D500 and may keep it for indoor stuff but sell off a few lenses that I don't need (especially the wildlife zoom b/c I use the P950 for that now). It's been a busy couple of weeks with all these changes in gear and services but I feel good about all of it. I love that I sold off two cameras I never really used and that paid for my new stuff.

And if you want to see what my little lovebug looks like now, here she is, after chasing sticks and digging in the grass :)
i-4b3XCqj.jpg

nancyr

good day - well my hockey is over - the Tampa Bay Lightning are champs again. Montreal could do nothing to stop this team. It is 96 days until the start of the next season. But luckily there is still a lot happening in hockey in the next 3 weeks. The Tour de France is going and a rider Mark Cavendish is winning and it is awesome. He and his team made history as he just tied a record for winning his 34 stage. So fun to see. Talked to my sister and she says Phoenix is going wild with the way the Phoenix Suns are playing but I don't watch basketball but glad for Phoenix. But the best is Season 3 of Virgin River is starting today. I plan on watching! Did a lot of scrapping so that too was fun. Elsa went through and for me it was rain but not too bad and no real thunderstorms. Thank goodness. Oh and I keep forgetting thanks for all the comments on my pages!

@faerywings Chris glad that Elsa was not bad for you. Hope car repairs go well. And yes the Church seems to take money. Good luck with the cleaning. I hate ants but they love my house.

@taxed4ever Trudy I doubt you see this but have a great vacation with the kids!

@tanteva Eva love your list about England. Like I said before I had no idea about the Danes.

@bcgal00 Rae that is such a cute photo of Remi! It must be so hard to sell your camera and lens. It means a change! And the new iPhone is so cool! Good luck with the change. I too have been a long time Verizon customer and it would be strange to change!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl I laugh when I read about the dogs playing. Enjoy!

Waving to all!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello Lovelies!!

Chris @faerywings My brain is better today - I slept really well last night - I think that has been part of my problem. About the "no coffee" - when I "nailed them about it", it isn't the coffee - it's NO cream, sugar, etc. I found out, after harassing them that black coffee was okay! I don't like black coffee, but it's better than nothing. I carry a cup of coffee with all the fixins' into the lab (it's covered) but the minute I walk out that lab door, I'm drinking it. I'm a rebel, though. One of my mantras: "I'd rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission". BWAHAHAHA Nobody has ever stopped me, yet.

Ding, ding, ding, Chris @faerywings you win!! Where The Wild Things Are is the book. I read that over and over to my kids when they were little. I can still almost recite it from memory. I'm sick because I don't still have all of those books - especially all the Dr. Seuss books! I stupidly gave them to my kids when they grew up and who knows where they turned up.:( I probably had every Dr. Seuss book that he ever wrote - well up to a certain point. Oh well, hindsight is so wonderful, isn't it? Yes, those doodles are just too darned cute together.

Rae @bcgal00 what a beautiful and sweet looking pup! Thanks for sharing the picture.

Nancy @nancyr they're SO cute together. We have hardwood floors all over the house and they get to running and sliding and tumbling - it's SO hilarious! Now, we have the cat whose joining in the hilarity. He's finally feeling at home and accepting the dogs and he wants to be right in the middle of the craziness. It's pretty crazy in here when they all get to running and playing.

Waving to all and to anybody else who stops in. Happy Friday!

felis

Hi girls! No I didn't won the yarn coupon, but I chat with my sister after I saw Leah's (yes Cris' Leah) post about delivery changes and she told me that postage now is very complicated by some new rules and US delivery would cost me small fortune, so probably it was for good to not been chosen. I'm kind of sad as the kits prepared for the academy are so cool! However I ordered yarn from my local store and had fun time trying to figure out what will needs for the first 3 project! I'm still not sure do I'll have time for the all four so not hurry to buy all in once as I don't have place to storage all that yarn. Don't tell to my sis but I'm start to put yarn in her cabinets too. The life chat for welcome was lovely, and Toni the instructor was so sweet, and few of my comments was mentioned, I'm beyond of happiness. After AmiguruMay I ended with few toys that needs redo and I feels like I need more knowledge before to start doing clothes, so I'm so excited.
The unpleasant thing was that the girl from the yarn store had to phone calls me as not everything I was chosen is on stock and she gives me options and time lines, but I want all in once (of course to save delivery cost, I just hate to pay delivery, no mater for what), so I had to gets quick decision and made some color changes and ...
I just hate phone calls! It's confuse me so much to hearing only voice and feels like I have to be on rush at the whole time! I can't understand why in the modern world video chats and emails aren't enough?! I want to see your face expression during I'm thinking so to know you are OK to wait my answer or I needs to have enough time to consider and gives you back text message.

As the others guessed above probably Trudy will not see this, but I want to join to all wishes for one really lovely and remarkable summer vacation for her and her family! It makes my heart to sing knowing that they will be finally together! And I'll keep fingers crossed to get new dog for the kids! I know she continued to tell me that they don't plan it to happen soon, but will see! LOL! ;)

Chris, Tif is a great name and smart acronym! Am I the only person at the world that don't see spiders and ants as a problem? I have constantly fights with my mom about them, but I just not care to remove them. Please give me some rain!!!
Few things from yesterday: personally I'm never been bored from your post, but there is a time when you makes me worry when few in row are in negative mood. I prefer the summer faery much more than the winter one! :cool::p .
Hah, that's fun, when I clean my house I don't move or reorganize things (I have special day when this is a necessary task and it's painful), definitely "Pick it up, clean underneath, put it back down''. I'm a girl of habits!
Also a long ago you was ask do I can detect typos in your posts, nope I can't. As vocabulary english is so different in speaking and writing and this is the different alphabet than mine, so it not makes me impression when something is written incorrect. I also can't read on loud, lol, I know my friends love to have fun of me about that. I can to recite the whole song lyric, to know it perfectly and then they give me the text written and I'm unable to pronounce it again at the right way. LOL!
hate rereading what I wrote the day before, I have so many typos it makes me bonkers. I hope that all of you understand what I am saying and I can only imagine what it is like for @felis who has to run it through Translate. Sorry!

Rae, oh Remi is so beautiful and chocolate! What a great and difficult decision to replace some cameras with more compact and useful for you!

Nancy, great that you don't had thunderstorms! Hope the weather to be nice for the weekend!

Cheryln, glad to hear that you gets better during the day and has another nice family diner! It sounds as a great project to collect again all the favorite books you had from Dr. Seuss!
Oh my cat Hunter was the best friend with my previous dog Biggie, they was undivided!!! Now Tiny and Lucy are together from 2 years and they still fight most of the time, but it's a matter of characters. It's so cute that Samy wants to play with the dogs! Do you know that you aren't scrap Sam for the O?