Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, July 2

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
TGIF, Dear Ozies!
Hope you are all having a great day. me-- I am moving a bit slow today. I guess part of it is because I have nowhere to go. Not that I don't have a lot to do, just no rush to get out of the house. I had been trying to get off of the computer by 8 am but as you can see, that isn't happening today. It is past 8 right now. *shrugs*

I finished up cleaning for my friend yesterday morning and by the time I got home, I was pooped out. I tried catching up on some tagging in ACDSee in the afternoon but it felt like I was getting nowhere. Gary helped me pick out the new hard drive for this computer, my ILs gave me money for my b-day to upgrade it. By the time I needed to start dinner, it felt like the day was a week long. Never did get around to doing laundry.

My big plans today are to tidy the house and get laundry done and then I am packing. Nope-- not running away. Not technically. hah! I am going to PA this weekend with my parents. They are meeting me here tomorrow morning and then I am driving us up the rest of the way. I am excited, I get to drive my mom's car. It is a CRV like mine, but it is only a few years old and has Lane Assist, Brake Assist, and some other bells and whistles. I want to drive her car a few times on familiar roads so when I drive down the NJ Parkway to the shore in Sept, the bells and whistles won't freak me out. I am hoping that the weather is dry in PA-- my dad needs a lot of yard work done and he hasn't been able to do it because of his shoulder. I am bringing my gardening bag but I better make sure no toads are in here before I pack it. My mom would *not* react to having a toad in the car very well. Not even a bit!

hugs to you all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever How is the weather today? I hope that it is cooler and the fires are far away from you. I saw the news about the BC town of Lytton- record temps one day and then a wildfire burned it down the next. Absolutely, incredibly sad. I am really glad that your ILs have been able to stay with you. It was a good day to swim I bet.
I am happy that you are supporting the Indigenous People with the news of the residential homes. Stain on our country too- The new Sec. of the Interior is asking for an investigation here as well into them. Seeing that they were still in existence in the 1970s, I am positive that they are going to have similar horrific finds. :(
Two more weeks (or so?) until you head out to see your kids-- are you getting excited???

@Cherylndesigns How awesome that your GS is on his way! How long is he staying? Congrats to Adrienne and Roger- not sure if there is a proper Well Wishes statement like Bon Voyage *g* for a new home, but I am happy for them!
Open invite to your house for chicken salad and cranberries? I will bring NJ bagels for breakfast, they are the best in the world.

Kay- is 90* normal for this time of year? *fingers crossed it doesn't get any hotter*
I hate seeing accidents like that. I hope that everyone involved survived. A very good idea to stay off of the roads after seeing them.
Hate to be *that person* but I am relieved that your state banned fireworks. I wish they would here other than the official ones. All summer long, people set them off and you can hear all of the dogs on the street going bananas. J doesn't stop shaking for hours. Poor Ray couldn't even hear them the last few years but could feel them and would shake. Not to mention vets with PTSD. Anyone with PTSD- gun violence victims must hate them too.
And TY for the reminder-- I am going to see if the dog pheromone collars are back in stock online so I can finally get one for J.

Cheryl- Thanks for the book rec- I will look for it!

@nancyr hahaha!! I hate AC too- I can't stand the noise of it all. And the cold, of course. Your days are perfect for you- sports and scrapping. It was drizzly all day yesterday- just enough that I am not worrying about watering my plants although one cilantro is looking kind of burned. Ray was like Luther during storms, under my legs or glued to my side.
I see you read about Lytton too- unbelievable... :(

@tanteva that stinks if you can't watch the Olympics. I don't usually watch but I love the gymnastics and Simone Biles so I might watch some. Can you see some of it on the computer, maybe some news sites will stream some of it?

@felis hi, hon!! hope you have a fun weekend whatever you do! xo

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Oh, it's too hot today ... my brain is mushy. But I feel I can't really complain, when I see the news from Canada & US. It's "only" 25 C/77 F here. But it's a very thick heat ... or what should I all it? Don't know how you say it in English, but it feels heavy and stuffy. Maybe it's just me being cranky.

Still in shock of what @LDArtist taught me yesterday ... there are people who have never seen magpies!!! o_O It's crazy to me ... I thought it was the most common bird in the world. I bet you, I have at least 10 right now, in my garden. Won't bother to look, but I'm sure they're there. I had no idea that there is no magpies in the US. I love them, they are the rebels of the bird world - and they are so beautiful. When the sun hits them, the black parts shimmer in the most fantastic blue color. Most people hate them, but I love them. It's even so, that if someone is a b*tch ... in Swedish we call them "skata" which is the Swedish word for magpies.

Friday ... This means TV (not sure what we'll watch yet) & popcorn. Popcorn is mankind's greatest invention. You can't convince me otherwise.

And of course, I started yet another crochet project yesterday ... still haven't finished a project though. It was ages ago, that I actually finished something knitted or crocheted. Probably not this year. LOL

Time to prepare the soup. Urban will be home soon with the groceries (my popcorn!).

TTYL.

Stay safe and drink water, folks!

tanteva

@bcgal00 @Kythe Are you close to Lytton? Just saw the news, and they showed pictures from Lytton. I realize BC is twice the size of my entire country, but any way LOL ... Fire is scary sh*t.

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good TGIF!

It's 81 degrees for a high today. I can take that. I just looked and it's 81 in Ft. Myers, as well. That's cool for FL this time of year. Of course, the humidity is probably about that high. That's what always got to me.

Chris, the invite is always open - of course, bring bagels! LOL Yes, I'm so excited to see my Cammie. He's 24 and only allows me and his Aunt Stephanie to call him Cammie. He's "Cameron" now - all sophisticated - not even Cam. I don't know where he's staying tonight. I offered our couch. Ava's house is pretty full - Braden and Alyssa have been staying with her this whole time. He'll have to sleep on a couch at any rate. Adrienne and Roger will still be in the fifth wheel tonight - again a couch. Wow, there's a real couch pattern. They're going to sleep in their new house tomorrow night, so he'll probably have a bed there, or not.

Man, this heat in the PSW and now fires! There was a bad fire near us last night - the house burned to the ground. We just found out it was the daughter of a woman who's a family friend. The family all got out, in their night clothes, they got the animals out and 2 or their 3 cars - that was it! We're all so upset for them. It was a beautiful home - I can't even imagine! Fire and flood are the two worst things - they destroy everything! We met the mom the first time we came out here and ended up buying part of the property from her. The part that has the lake on it. The temporary house we lived in was the house she lived in for many years.

I need to quit thinking about this. I guess I'll go check out the challenges. Waving to all.

scrap-genie

Eva @tanteva we do have magpies in the US, but only in parts of the west. They're called Black-billed Magpies, but look (or maybe are) the same as those in Europe. Here's their range map: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/assets/photo/31958531-480px.jpg. Then parts of central California have a very similar Yellow-billed Magpie. Since I live far from any they seem exotic and special to me. Your weather might be called hot and humid or maybe muggy. Don't know if those words will cover what you feel but I use them when it gets uncomfortable for me.

Yesterday our weather turned to beautiful! We lost the heat and the humidity too. Today is not as sunny but cool, so I'll take it. DH is at another session of the cigar box guitar group. Wednesday I went with him when they assembled their own from the kits they had made. I went to take photos with DH's new camera. I curated a group of them and some may go on their website. DH also wanted a collage of them, so I did that too and he took a copy of it for each of them. His needs some tweaking, but it looks great and even has a nice sound. One guy couldn't make it, so he'll be their test subject today as they work on finalizing their kit ideas and teaching plans. I'm sure the July challenges will wind up with some of the photos. ;)

Chris @faerywings congrats on getting away to PA. The yard work sounds daunting but guess you'll love it. Your toad photo was so cute but can imagine your mom wouldn't want one hitchhiking in her car.

Trudy @taxed4ever you must be beyond excited to both get the 2nd shot and be off to visit your family. Hope the weather is improving and the fires being contained. Hard to imagine how bad it has been.

Cheryl @Cherylndesigns how lovely your GS will be there and at his age sleeping on a couch doesn't sound so bad. So sad about the house fire. But I know the holiday weekend will be full with family and fun for you.

Nancy @nancyr watching hockey and scrapping must make you feel just fine. Tonight the Stanley Cup game may be on regular NBC and then I'll get to see it too.

Kay @BrightEyes sounds like you had a day of super weather after that rain cleared the air. Hope it continues and you can read those books and watch the DVDs in comfort.

Rae @bcgal00 and Karen/Kythe @Kythe hope you're both surviving the heat. Wishing you a tall icy drink and cool breezes.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@tanteva We’re in the lower mainland of Vancouver, we don’t get the fires here, that is up in the interior, but we sometimes get the smoke/smog from the fires.

tanteva

@tanteva We’re in the lower mainland of Vancouver, we don’t get the fires here, that is up in the interior, but we sometimes get the smoke/smog from the fires.
Good news. Fire is so terrible. A couple of years ago there was a huge forest fire here in Sweden (we don't get them that much here). It was a 3 hr drive from here, and I could smell it, just as if it was the neighbor's house that were on fire. You know, the itchy feeling in the eyes, everything.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good news. Fire is so terrible. A couple of years ago there was a huge forest fire here in Sweden (we don't get them that much here). It was a 3 hr drive from here, and I could smell it, just as if it was the neighbor's house that were on fire. You know, the itchy feeling in the eyes, everything.
@tanteva yes, that is exactly how it gets here. So far we are not feeling any effects but last summer was bad around here.