Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, July 16

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
TGIF and good morning, everyone!
I hope that everyone is feeling well and happy. I am putting out some good vibes this morning. :)

Sunny and hot this morning and rain coming in for the next few days. Cait and I have to have the oven on so we are going to try to do that this morning and then reheat for dinner. I am not sure if it is going to make much of a difference but if it is even a few degrees cooler this morning it might help. Maybe...

Cleaning yesterday was fine and in the afternoon, Cait and I got started on some of the party food. She made the Trailer Park Punch (combo of tequila, limeade, triple sec) and I did the "cigarettes" (pretzel rods covered in white chocolate and dipped in red sugar on the ends). The "moonshine" jars came out adorable, I used a couple of "kid" fonts for inspiration.

Side note: I sincerely hope that no one thinks I am making fun of rednecks or people who live in trailer parks or drink moonshine. It is totally tongue in cheek.

I hope to have some pictures to share later this weekend.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hahaha!!! Nope @tanteva - you wouldn't be alone!

@vickyday I would love to send some rain to you but it comes with humidity- I am guessing that you have plenty of that already. :/ My gardens are doing ok but the mushrooms are popping up like mad.

@Cherylndesigns Eye dr said to blink "hard" and I am not sure how to do that. You should see me every time I see the post-it, attempting to blink hard- I can do "fast" and I can squeeze my eyes, but not feeling that I am blinking hard.
That is disappointing about your night out as well as the Dr appt. You all know how I complain about that myself. How was s/he?

Kay- what a great reason to be late in here! What a nice time you must have had catching up with everyone. And that is something to look forward to every month. Nice not having to cook!
Your weather sounds perfect- Humid and over 91* here today.

@felis ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) thank you sooo much for understanding what I was trying to say and feel. Even more, I appreciate you pointing out some of the good things that I overlook. I follow Greta Thunberg on Twitter and every Friday, she reposts photos and tweets of kids protesting for Climate Change. That generation is doing some really great things and is a reason to be optimistic! An excellent reminder for me.

@tanteva I think I remember a therapist or two, (or many more than that *G*) saying the same, it is our brains' way of being what we *think* is prepared and in control.
It is always good but difficult to remember that and to catch myself when I get into the loop. I really appreciate it when you and Felis remind me of it all. The Dalia Lama quote is one I have seen many times over many years and it never seems to get 100% internalized. But like you said-- we are works in progress.

HAGD!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I agree with you, @vickyday .... the humidity is the pits!!! I can usually tolerate heat but not when the humidity is also high.

Had a very nice surprise late yesterday afternoon..... my youngest sister's grandson sent me a PM saying he and his girlfriend who live on the east coast were coming out here to visit with his dad and his mom and family who live in northern NM early in September. This lead to my inviting them to spend the night with me .... plus having my sister come over for several days and seeing my nephew when he comes down to pick them up. Of course, sister and I were on the phone right after that plotting when she would come and how long she would stay.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Yay! Fri-Yay! Really need to enjoy this weekend, and take it easy ... Next 2 weeks will be crazy. Have printed 2 weekly planning sheets I found on-line - need to sit down and PLAN this ... or I will end up eating dinner at "Donken" (Swedish nickname for McDonalds). Sent hubby a grocery list for him to pick up on his way home today. Told him to get a pack of chicken breasts & and a package of ground beef so I can prepare some food for John this weekend. So much easier when you get home at 6.30 pm to have stuff prepared. I love my freezer.

It's a bit cooler here today. Still sunny but the air is crisp and nice. After watching the news and seen what it's like in Germany, Belgium and Netherlands right now, I will never complain about the weather again. Unless the same thing happens here. One of my pen pals lives close to the river that is flooding. Even though we are old-fashioned pen pals, and write proper letters to eachother, I was happy enough to have her e-mail. Sent her an e-mail today, and she replied. Everything's ok for now, but the weather will get to them by tomorrow, and they are waiting to hear if they need to evacuate. My German pen pals are living in the Eastern parts of Germany, and are safe.

I hope @veer @marijke @Madi and everyone else in the area are safe. I suck at geography - I think they all live further north from the flooded areas. I'm not sure - do we have any German members here? I don't remember.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Yay! Fri-Yay! Really need to enjoy this weekend, and take it easy ... Next 2 weeks will be crazy. Have printed 2 weekly planning sheets I found on-line - need to sit down and PLAN this ... or I will end up eating dinner at "Donken" (Swedish nickname for McDonalds). Sent hubby a grocery list for him to pick up on his way home today. Told him to get a pack of chicken breasts & and a package of ground beef so I can prepare some food for John this weekend. So much easier when you get home at 6.30 pm to have stuff prepared. I love my freezer.

It's a bit cooler here today. Still sunny but the air is crisp and nice. After watching the news and seen what it's like in Germany, Belgium and Netherlands right now, I will never complain about the weather again. Unless the same thing happens here. One of my pen pals lives close to the river that is flooding. Even though we are old-fashioned pen pals, and write proper letters to eachother, I was happy enough to have her e-mail. Sent her an e-mail today, and she replied. Everything's ok for now, but the weather will get to them by tomorrow, and they are waiting to hear if they need to evacuate. My German pen pals are living in the Eastern parts of Germany, and are safe.

I hope @veer @marijke @Madi and everyone else in the area are safe. I suck at geography - I think they all live further north from the flooded areas. I'm not sure - do we have any German members here? I don't remember.

Thanks for your concern Eva

I live in the north of Belgium (East Flanders) and where I live it was safe and dry ... we haven't had any rain in the past few days
In certain parts of Limburg (eastern Belgium) and in the Ardennes. (the south) it is terrible - a drama ... people have lost everything ... some houses have collapsed due to the water pressure; other people were trapped for hours on the top floor of their house, on their roof, ...

One of our weathermen Frank Deboosere said…
Rain fell for a whole summer in two days.
‘I have never experienced this in 34 years of career.’ Climate warming is no stranger to this. ⁠

I think Vera is safe too...she posted her layout of Jopke this morning...

Part of Germany .. that borders our province of Liège has also been hit hard - several dead and missing ...

In all areas, the heavy flow of water made it difficult for emergency services to reach the affected people.

Madi lives in the Netherlands - so do Margje and Hieronique ... I think only in the south of the Netherlands - a region bordering Limburg has also been affected ...

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Madi lives in the Netherlands - so do Margje and Hieronique ... I think only in the south of the Netherlands - a region bordering Limburg has also been affected ...

Last I heard was that there were evacuations in Maastricht. My pen pal lives in Arcen, close to Maas. The images from Schuld in Germany is insane. The place is more or less gone.

Heard the same about the rain, 2 months of "normal" rain in 2 days.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening my lovelies. Sorry I'm so late checking in. I've been up helping Adrienne all afternoon. UGH what a huge task she's facing. Their stuff has been in storage like forever - it apparently got wet because a lot of their stuff stinks of mold! We're in the process of washing things and if that doesn't help, pitching it. We made a dent today but I told her "a dent a day" is about all you can hope for. We went through so many boxes today and man were some of them stinky! I had gloves on - I can't stand to handle anything without gloves on. Everything that we brought in had to be wiped down and we put what we could in the dishwasher/clothes washer. The packing material they had used really stunk - we had a fire going and that stuff went straight out to the burn pile.

Chris @faerywings I didn't like the new dr so much. I can't believe we're on #3. He was OK - but just OK. Roger goes to the same doctor - if I NEVER had to go a dr again it would be too soon. Thanks for letting me vent and I forget this is a "no judgement zone".

I'm home now and am going to see if I can get some scrapping done. Lila came home with me so Daisy was excited to see her.

TGIF everybody!!

felis

Hello girls!
I wasn't much around in the past few days, but life is stressful sometimes. My sister and BIL lives in German and they are totally fine, the basement was flooded and their garden too, but they're not thinking even to complain on a background of the other strongly affected regions.
At the same time here is hot as hell and we had lots of fun, the irony of the life! I'm whole in graze and scratches, as we picked the morello tree and will makes a cherry liqueur at Sunday (sugar shopping tomorrow). I really have to look for some eco advises how to care better for these trees, as we don't do anything for them, and not surprisingly lots of the fruits wasn't good enough to be used, so we just left them to the birds. In addition the highest level I'm able to climb is chair, lol. So I was more there for company that the actually work. The ladders are scary enough by itself, but a few of the cats was over excited to sneak around and jump on there at every possible moment. Not much helpful neither. :cool:

Chris, I absolutely understand this sense of unease, as I'm been there many times, especially after over caffeine and lack of sleep. According to Clark Kegley which channel I'm watching this summer (and he told this info is based on experts research) our mind have between 60,000 – 80,000 thoughts a day, and only 5-10% are consciousness. The other part is subconscious and it's not so creative, most of these thoughts are repetitive day by day. Also our instincts are programed to observe the negative and dangerous events as into the wild this is been the way to save our lives. Unfortunately exposing yourself to the news we learn for many things outside of our area, that also stuck with us. Instead to worry for everything, we have to train yourself (as this don't come naturally), to praise yourself for the good things we do. I can't run after every injustice! Someone may serve the wildlife conservation, but don't save cats, right! Instead of being worried for the poor polar bear I watched movie about yesterday, I'll take effort to walk more, as oil companies are their enemy according to this documentary, so I'll reduce my consuming. Small efforts. You makes so many wonderful things, as snuggle project for example, or this toads home! Many people will just get rid of the frogs, but you not only allows them around, you actually care for them! You really should price yourself! I'm sure I can come with many other examples, but this is already too long answer. :rolleyes:
Your party sounds so fun and I hope that it really will cherish you up!

Kay, what an awesome news for your plans to have visit from your sister's family, I'm so happy for you!

Eva, so relieved that your friend is good!
We always planning our weekly meal at the weekend, it's not only quickly after that, but you can be sure that will have enough variety to maintain nutritional balance.

Cheryl, what happened to Adrienne is so sad and frustrating! I hope that you'll be able to save as much as it's possible and to not left many stuff for replacement, as they probably brings sentimental value for them!