Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, July 12

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
GSRsfLYXIAA992Q.jpg

That's for everyone but especially for @JeanneMN

I am glad to put an end to this week. I don't do well with myself when I am bored. At least when I go to the lakehouse this weekend, it's acceptable to do nothing much. I feel very guilty here at home doing nothing but up there, I am quite content to sit on the couch with a book and a glass of wine. :D
I still need to finish packing up the last-minute stuff -- you'd think I was going into the wilderness for weeks LOL
Must. Remember. My. Pillow.
The ones at the house are too big and spongy. I need one that's all broken down so I can squish my head in it.

Oh- and drat-- I got bumped from the Geology field trip day. I guess not enough kids signed up for the amount of staff scheduled. Makes sense to bump me and keep an Intern. But sheesh, the paycheck is gonna suuuuuuck.
Gary told me to look at it as a good thing more time for my knee to be fully healed. Sure, be logical when I want to be :angry3:

Since I'm going to be offline for the next couple of days:
try-to-behave-yourself-today-debbie.gif

MariJ

'Morning all. Haven't had time to say "Hi", seems like all I do is try to keep cool. :fan:
Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. Chris, hope your time is relaxing - rest up that knee and enjoy! :beatingheart:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Hope you had a wonderful visit with Line and your DD!

@taxed4ever so glad that you and Linda got out on the lake.

@bcgal00 Who enjoyed being outside more, you or Remi? My money is on Remi! I am glad it is somewhat cooler by you, it is here ATM and the AC is off. (for now!)
Thx for the info on THM! What you wrote to Susie was incredible-- just perfect and words everyone should take to heart :lovey3:

@BrightEyes Your album for Bill must be a treasure for you to work on and reflect over.♥
What a great and productive phone call with your sister! Remember back in the day when you had to pay per minute for long-distance calls? Can you imagine that now? Eep!

@AK_Tracy CQC :floorlaugh:
So glad that you get me about the retinal scan. Soooo worth it!
Glad that my comments about the chiro helped. I tend to butt my nose where it doesn't belong but it is always done with good intentions. I hope that it helps (the chiro).

@Terri M Gah- that's the pits when the rain does nothing but make the air even soggier.
LOL-ing at your DH in Costco. Men :rolleyes:
Hope that you had a wonderful night out at the winery.

@Cherylndesigns I finally got to see your outside lights video on FB, looks beautiful, so does your bedroom! I thought of you the other day. My mom got a new patio umbrella that has twinkle lights in it (like a pre-lit Xmas tree) and she raves about it

@Nonni F Heeeeey!!!! So happy you popped in and two new kitties?!??!? WHERE are the pictures????
:waiting:
Hope work settles down for ya!

@JeanneMN you would love to talk to Caitlyn, that girl has a spreadsheet for everything.
Oh, my heart is breaking over the vacation story. :brokenheart:

BTW- I do have one of the grabbers but I never think to use it!

Sorry for cutting personals short, gotta get in the shower and finish packing

Like I said-- behave and clean the ketchup before I get back!
:ketchup: :mopping:

Muah!!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
View attachment 423847

I am glad to put an end to this week. I don't do well with myself when I am bored. At least when I go to the lakehouse this weekend, it's acceptable to do nothing much. I feel very guilty here at home doing nothing but up there, I am quite content to sit on the couch with a book and a glass of wine. :D
I still need to finish packing up the last-minute stuff -- you'd think I was going into the wilderness for weeks LOL
The ones at the house are too big and spongy. I need one that's all broken down so I can squish my head in it.

Oh- and drat-- I got bumped from the Geology field trip day. I guess not enough kids signed up for the amount of staff scheduled. Makes sense to bump me and keep an Intern. But sheesh, the paycheck is gonna suuuuuuck.
Gary told me to look at it as a good thing more time for my knee to be fully healed. Sure, be logical when I want to be :angry3:

Have a great time this weekend with your mom!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Hope you had a wonderful visit with Line and your DD!

@taxed4ever so glad that you and Linda got out on the lake.

@bcgal00 Who enjoyed being outside more, you or Remi? My money is on Remi! I am glad it is somewhat cooler by you, it is here ATM and the AC is off. (for now!)
Thx for the info on THM! What you wrote to Susie was incredible-- just perfect and words everyone should take to heart :lovey3:

@BrightEyes Your album for Bill must be a treasure for you to work on and reflect over.♥
What a great and productive phone call with your sister! Remember back in the day when you had to pay per minute for long-distance calls? Can you imagine that now? Eep!

@AK_Tracy CQC :floorlaugh:
So glad that you get me about the retinal scan. Soooo worth it!
Glad that my comments about the chiro helped. I tend to butt my nose where it doesn't belong but it is always done with good intentions. I hope that it helps (the chiro).

@Terri M Gah- that's the pits when the rain does nothing but make the air even soggier.
LOL-ing at your DH in Costco. Men :rolleyes:
Hope that you had a wonderful night out at the winery.

@Cherylndesigns I finally got to see your outside lights video on FB, looks beautiful, so does your bedroom! I thought of you the other day. My mom got a new patio umbrella that has twinkle lights in it (like a pre-lit Xmas tree) and she raves about it

@Nonni F Heeeeey!!!! So happy you popped in and two new kitties?!??!? WHERE are the pictures????
:waiting:
Hope work settles down for ya!

@JeanneMN you would love to talk to Caitlyn, that girl has a spreadsheet for everything.
Oh, my heart is breaking over the vacation story. :brokenheart:

BTW- I do have one of the grabbers but I never think to use it!

Sorry for cutting personals short, gotta get in the shower and finish packing

Like I said-- behave and clean the ketchup before I get back!
:ketchup: :mopping:

Muah!!!
Yes, had a great time with Ilene and DD and GD yesterday! Thank you.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
Picked up Ilene and went to DDs yesterday. We all got in DDs car and drove to the Save a Buck store. Got lots of goodies and then took the food back to DDs house as some of the goodies was frozen food. Hopped back in the car and drove back to the area we just came from (only 5 minutes away) and had lunch. After lunch we went back to DDs house and played 3 games of Qwirkle before loading up and heading home. Dropped Ilene off and got home just a bit before Mark. He mowed the lawn, took a shower and we headed to Ruby Tuesday with a BOGO FREE coupon. Back home, hopped on the Goldwing to go and look at some property Mark's DD is looking at. Drove the back roads home, stopping at a lake to get some pictures 10 minutes before the gates closed at 8:30. Got home, changed into comfy clothes and settled in to do our evening devotions and then watched TV until bedtime at 11:30 for Mark. I stayed up another hour because I was too wound up still, and listened to my audiobook before I felt like I could go to sleep.
Whew! What a busy day it was! But a good day! The temperature was still in the 90s but the humidity was much lower!
Today I have an appointment to get my engagement ring cleaned at Jared's. And that's about it!
Have a wonderful Friday!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Have fun this wkend @faerywings Chris. What book are you going to read? I am reading The Woman On The Ledge by Ruth Mancini. It's good.

We got our underground sprinkler system running. Darrell had to figure out the timer and moved a few sprinkler heads around but last night at 3 a.m. it turned on. He set it up to water for 20 min every night for a few wks to make sure the new grass gets a good root system, then we can water twice a week for the rest of the summer.

I'm getting tickets today for Beautifica by James Hood, a 360° visual and musical show that promotes relaxation, peace and happiness. I saw a few min on youtube and can't wait to see it on a 360 surround screen. Should be amazing. I'm waiting for Jen to wake up so I can ask if she wants to come with us. I'll put off the interactive wolf sanctuary visit until the end of the summer instead of at the end of the month (was going to be part of their birthday gifts).

This morning I'll get Remi out for a good run, the temps are cooler today, shouldn't get above 80 for the next week. I need to get groceries to put together my crockpot meatball recipe for tomorrow night's game night with friends. I think tonight we'll catch up on House of Dragon.

I'm going to go see if Jen is up, so I can book our tickets. There are only a few dates left so I'm worried about it selling out. HAGD everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Crawled out of bed this morning with the back so tight it was hard to straighten up.... Hoping it will loosen up soon as I move around. If not... the trip to the base will be put off until early next week, No point in going when it means lifting heavy bags of groceries. Still have enough meds that I can wait to pickup the refill until then. There... I talked myself out of going!!! :greengrin:
I may go to Kohls as I have a discount coupon... and stop next door at Sam's. No heavy lifting at either place...

I did remember to upload 3 new release LOs last evening after the newsletter went out last evening. I have a new collection to scrap with so will work on it sometime today.

Need more coffee... then get dressed. CYL

AK_Tracy

Good Morning!!!

What??? Us??? We always behave! We're innocent!!! Look at our sweet smiling faces!!! :giggle4:

Have a wonderful time Chris!! Grab that book, wine and relax and rest that knee.

@vickyday What a day you had. Sounds like fun though.

@bcgal00 Good Luck Rae! I hope they didn't sell out while waiting to hear from DD if she wanted to go. Sounds super interesting.

@BrightEyes Oh Kay, that sounds terrible!!! I hope your back loosens up and you're able to enjoy the day pain free.

So, Momma Chris is leaving........ what are we gonna do ladies????

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
Yesterday was good for me... I printed out 12 LOs and put them into Bill's 2nd Memory Album. It is almost full - it covers from Jan 1, 2021 till now. Hope to be able to fit in the LOs for the rest of 2024. And I have another same style album for future years. Looking back over the pages brought lots of smiles and good memories. I called my sister as I was printing out the LOs and we talked for over two hours. We ended up with both of us looking at the photos from our parents 50th anniversary celebration. I had loaded the photos onto a memory stick for her a few years ago... before I had labeled each photo. Her copy only had Image01...Image 89. We spent some time ID-ing the people in the photos. Only came up with 1 cousin we couldn't ID. We will be sending a copy of the cousin's photo to another cousin who was there to see if she can tell us who it is. It was such a fun time with both of us LOL :floorlaugh: :rotfl::lol23: as we worked on them. She is going to look through her photos and bring any she finds when she comes over the next time so I can scan them in for both of us. She doesn't have a good scan apt on her old computer. It was so much fun talking to her as we looked back at that wonderful celebration.

Later that afternoon, DD#3 stopped by for a visit. I had her bring in my large presser and used it to press a dinosaur iron-on to a shirt for her grandson. While she was here I went through some of my tops that are too big for me since I lost the 20 lbs last summer. She has lost some weight this last month so they fit her fine. I was glad to weed them out and she was glad to get them. She helped me set up the internet on my cellphone (again). Now I can use it again when I shop at Smith's for the digital coupon sales.

I just got caught up on commenting on my Tic Tac Toe Challenge. And loaded 2 of Karen Schulz's LOs. While I was on FB, the Goodbye LO I made about Kim of DigiChicks popped up. That brought back a lot of good memories of our time together there so I shared it.

Time to take my shower then will be off to run a few errands. Back later for personals... I hope. :giggle4:
What a fabulous day you had Kay. 12 LOs to print:bowdown3::bowdown3::bowdown3::yourock: , never have I said that. However, I think I'm up to 37 now , which if you knew me in my past iteration, I'm not sure I made that many in the last 3 years. You all inspire me so much!! I wake up automotically @ 4 am and start scrapping, hmmm, doesn't help me get 12 layouts, that's just me, always the last one to finish in art class too,or be a UFO. I'm in awe of all you accomplish in a day, Kay, you would have loved my cousin, never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. Me, I skipped the gym 2 days last merk & 2 days this week to scrap. That has to stop. Got there this morning & went to the grocery store with the list of vacation staff that hubs put in the car for me. Somehow I missed potato chips & told him next year he needs to get the water @ Home Depot because those things are too heavy for me to heave ho into the cart and ho-heave into the car. Usually I do self checkout, today I went to the 1 cashier so she could scan them with heave hoing like I'd have to. I actually remembered to stop at the "licorice" store to shop that list, thought it looked quiet, I forgot my day started early & they weren't open yet.
Good afternoon all,

I had a little "fun with lights" about midnight last night. I've always wanted twinkle lights in the bedroom and I got them up last night. Here's a revelation - thanks to Kay @BrightEyes showing us her "grabbers", I immediately ordered one, got it yesterday, got the lights yesterday and voila! used the grabber to put the lights up! Watch out world, I might not have as many "short girl problems" now. :lol23::rotfl: I got them done (to my picky satisfaction) about 12:45. Remember when I started decorating my Christmas tree about midnight???:xmas4::xmas9:

Anyway, I had to post a picture - my lights are SO beautiful I had to share!

the cart and ho-heave into the car. Usually I do self checkout, today I went to the 1 cashier so she could scan them with heave hoing like I'd have to. I actually remembered to stop at the "licorice" store to shop that list, thought it looked quiet, I forgot my day started early & they weren't open yet.View attachment 423823

I'll be back for more - I need to go post a couple of layouts and we're all going to the nail salon at 3 today.
I LOVE lights, but then I'm the I want to put lights on everything, and it drives hubs nuts because I walk around the house in the dark & don't turn on lamps & regular lights. lights.

I actually have 2 grabbers I got when I had my double knee replacement. I never used them, but we have them in the garage & hubs always used them to pick up sticks in the yard before he mowed. With the "dandruff" tree gone he doesn't have to pick up sticks.
I'm guessing the books went back today because you finished them.
View attachment 423847

Minions are a GREAT start to the day, thank you! Lakes are the cure -all for crabbies (no the aquatic ones.Lakes are a cure-all for the crabbies, not the aquatic or itch one, crankies, down in the dumpsies, and every other " ies". I'm on Team Gary, with rest the knee, ice the knee, *pamper the knee.

Good morning,
Picked up Ilene and went to DDs yesterday. We all got in DDs car and drove to the Save a Buck store. Got lots of goodies and then took the food back to DDs house as some of the goodies was frozen food. Hopped back in the car and drove back to the area we just came from (only 5 minutes away) and had lunch. After lunch we went back to DDs house and played 3 games of Qwirkle before loading up and heading home. Dropped Ilene off and got home just a bit before Mark. He mowed the lawn, took a shower and we headed to Ruby Tuesday with a BOGO FREE coupon. Back home, hopped on the Goldwing to go and look at some property Mark's DD is looking at. Drove the back roads home, stopping at a lake to get some pictures 10 minutes before the gates closed at 8:30. Got home, changed into comfy clothes and settled in to do our evening devotions and then watched TV until bedtime at 11:30 for Mark. I stayed up another hour because I was too wound up still, and listened to my audiobook before I felt like I could go to sleep.
Whew! What a busy day it was! But a good day! The temperature was still in the 90s but the humidity was much lower!
Today I have an appointment to get my engagement ring cleaned at Jared's. And that's about it!
Have a wonderful Friday!
@vickyday I don't know what happened to my comment here, I was in need of a nap after reading all you squeezed into yesterday and I totally get you being to wound up to sleep, that doesn't seem to affect men , it takes mine about 30 seconds to fall asleep, not me. The ride on the Goldwing to end the day sounds glorious.
Good morning ladies. Have fun this wkend @faerywings Chris. What book are you going to read? I am reading The Woman On The Ledge by Ruth Mancini. It's good.

We got our underground sprinkler system running. Darrell had to figure out the timer and moved a few sprinkler heads around but last night at 3 a.m. it turned on. He set it up to water for 20 min every night for a few wks to make sure the new grass gets a good root system, then we can water twice a week for the rest of the summer.

I'm getting tickets today for Beautifica by James Hood, a 360° visual and musical show that promotes relaxation, peace and happiness. I saw a few min on youtube and can't wait to see it on a 360 surround screen. Should be amazing. I'm waiting for Jen to wake up so I can ask if she wants to come with us. I'll put off the interactive wolf sanctuary visit until the end of the summer instead of at the end of the month (was going to be part of their birthday gifts).

This morning I'll get Remi out for a good run, the temps are cooler today, shouldn't get above 80 for the next week. I need to get groceries to put together my crockpot meatball recipe for tomorrow night's game night with friends. I think tonight we'll catch up on House of Dragon.

I'm going to go see if Jen is up, so I can book our tickets. There are only a few dates left so I'm worried about it selling out. HAGD everyone.
Your organiization is aahhh- mazing. Beautifica sounds hope you get your tickets.

Last edited:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!!!

What??? Us??? We always behave! We're innocent!!! Look at our sweet smiling faces!!! :giggle4:

Have a wonderful time Chris!! Grab that book, wine and relax and rest that knee.

@bcgal00 Good Luck Rae! I hope they didn't sell out while waiting to hear from DD if she wanted to go. Sounds super interesting.

@BrightEyes Oh Kay, that sounds terrible!!! I hope your back loosens up and you're able to enjoy the day pain free.

Yup, it was a busy but fun day!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

I'm so tired today - too much riding in the car - shopping - eating late, riding home. I have motion sickness and to go even for an hour in the car means I have to take medication. It doesn't make me sleepy, but it catches up with me by the end of the trip. We didn't get home until ten and I was absolutely exhausted. I have an eye appt today and I'm getting that "scan" also in lieu of having my eyes dilated. It is SO worth it - when I get mine dilated, they stay that way for hours.

Chris @faerywings WHY do we feel guilty about not keeping busy at home? I do the same thing. Have a relaxing time at the lake house. I LOVE those umbrellas with the lights in them! No wonder your mom is excited. It I ever get another one, it will have lights in it. We have such terrible wind here that I'm sure mine would be up in Adrienne's pool. LOL I'm glad you got to see my lights video - I'm so proud of how they came out. I want to get a few more - I put some long the front and now I want some more that I can see. I love my bedroom lights, too.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Jeanne @JeanneMN I love lights, too but they have to be white. I'm about ready to put some out in my living room. I have so many strangd of battery powered lights, that are stored away for now. I might get them out. I don't mine changing batteries on the inside lights, but I don't like them outside. I used to have strands of wine bottle lights that were so fun. They finally got all knotted up after several years and I got rid of them. They even had a cork on the end, where you put those little batteries and the switch was on the cork. My youngest gs used to love turning them all on at night. They had those "pesky" tiny hearing aid batteries in them, though. My "patience of Job" husband always did those - I have the patience of a knat, so they're probably out for me, unless they make solar ones now. :rotfl:

Tracy @AK_Tracy when Eva @tantive was a regular here - all kinds of havoc was wreaked with :ketchup::ketchup: whenever Chris was gone. SHHHHHH maybe she won't see this. The Daily O's forum was a mess to clean up. :housekeeping:

Kay @BrightEyes ouch about your back. Take it easy today!

Hugs to ALL - I don't have loads of time today because I have to leave about 3 for the eye doctor.
XOXO

Terri M

Congratulations to those of you who won Birthday prizes! Huzzah!

We did finally get a little bit of rain today, but not enough to matter; it kind of sprinkled on and off for a few hours. But it has been cloudy all day, which keeps the temperature down, and we may get some thunderstorms later. Yesterday the-people-who-decide-these-things popped us up to Severe Drought status, and farmers are thinking they won't get a second harvest of hay this year, so it will be too expensive to keep cattle this winter. Maybe it's time to turn into a vegetarian a few days a week.

It's my daughter's birthday today, or, as she calls it, my personal mothers day. Every year David and I have a conversation about that day. Like, why, for example, did he think it was a good idea to go into the lab to do just a little bit of work. After all, he claims, my labor was just starting and it would likely take a while. Um. No. We did make it to the hospital but just barely. It's all just something to laugh about by now. :lol23: There - cutsie smiley thing inserted.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am back home... Stopped at Kohl's and they were having a huge sale throughout the store. Ended up getting 2 tees then went into the housewares department and spotted a B&D 12 cup coffeepot with no price sign. They have taken out all scans stations for the customers so had to hunt down a staff person to get a price... Normally $59 and marked down to $35 plus I had a 30% off coupon in addition to the sales price!!! :banana4: :claphands::greengrin: My coffee pot is just over a year old but that was when the last one I had quit on me. The one I have now has started making noises like the one before - right before it quit. This new one was not made in China so hoping it will last more than year!!! Then went across the street to Sam's to get some coffee and they had the Epson bottles of Ink at a good price. Got eggs and then discovered that Sam's also carries the Sara Lee Hawaiian Bread 2 pack at almost the same price as a single loaf at the grocery store! No more waiting for a sale on them now!! I was going to swing by our neighborhood mailboxes on the way home only to discover the street I needed to turn onto was blocked by 2 motorcycle police, a fire truck, ambulance and a big-rig and car accident. Drove on home instead.

Waiting for info from DD#2 - her hubby is back in the hospital (went to ER last evening...more trouble with his leg/foot). She texted us about that last night. Just sent her a text and she said she would get back to us in awhile as there was a lot going on ATM!!!

Need to sit on the massager for awhile and let the back settle down some...

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
What a fabulous day you had Kay. 12 LOs to print:bowdown3::bowdown3::bowdown3::yourock: , never have I said that. However, I think I'm up to 37 now , which if you knew me in my past iteration, I'm not sure I made that many in the last 3 years. You all inspire me so much!! I wake up automotically @ 4 am and start scrapping, hmmm, doesn't help me get 12 layouts, that's just me, always the last one to finish in art class too,or be a UFO. I'm in awe of all you accomplish in a day, Kay, you would have loved my cousin, never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. Me, I skipped the gym 2 days last merk & 2 days this week to scrap. That has to stop. Got there this morning & went to the grocery store with the list of vacation staff that hubs put in the car for me. Somehow I missed potato chips & told him next year he needs to get the water @ Home Depot because those things are too heavy for me to heave ho into the cart and ho-heave into the car. Usually I do self checkout, today I went to the 1 cashier so she could scan them with heave hoing like I'd have to. I actually remembered to stop at the "licorice" store to shop that list, thought it looked quiet, I forgot my day started early & they weren't open yet.
First off... I don't print out all the LOs I make... just the ones with/about Bill and/or about us. The 12 I printed off for his album were ones I made in the last couple of months. Before my sick spell and injured shoulders/arms, I usually scrapped 20 or more LOs a month. I am slowly getting back up to speed on scrapping again. But have good days and bad days for scrapping.

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
Good Morning!!!

dancing-minion.gifminions-its-time-to-party.gif

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Kay @BrightEyes what size do you print your LO's? Do you have a 12x12 printer? If I print my own, they have to be 8x8. Just curious, I'm accumulating quite a few that need to be printed and I'm trying to decide whether to try printing them myself.

Also, what kind of paper do you use? I have some medium weight, premium paper that does a pretty good job.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Terri @Terri M that story reminds me of when my oldest DD went into labor with her first baby. She called me to come over and I "deduced" that she was, in fact, in labor. Her husband was watching football and had already called the OB, who was also watching football. They both agreed that it would take hours for her to have her first baby. Then, her water broke and when I told him, he said "no, the doctor said it would take hours for the first baby." Cool, so what do they know, right? I ended up taking her to the hospital, which was about 30 minutes away, staying with her during the nurses's evals, standing guard while they wanted to check her dilation and she was "in the bathroom". I knew in my gut that the baby was coming and she was in hard labor so fast. I finally called John and told him that if he wanted to be there for the birth, he better get his butt in gear, no matter what the doctor said. They both made it in time, and it didn't take her very long to deliver a healthy baby boy. Men!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Kay @BrightEyes what size do you print your LO's? Do you have a 12x12 printer? If I print my own, they have to be 8x8. Just curious, I'm accumulating quite a few that need to be printed and I'm trying to decide whether to try printing them myself.

Also, what kind of paper do you use? I have some medium weight, premium paper that does a pretty good job.
I print on 8 1/2 X 11 smooth standard weight white cardstock and use the custom print setting: 8X8. NOTE: PSE19: I open the tiff LO file then go to Print. It leaves a white border but I really don't notice the border once they are printed and in the albums. I had used the premium paper which was okay when I first started Bill's album but the while cardstock is better. I slide 2 LOs -back to back- into page protectors. The heavier cardstock stays flat and makes it easier to flip through the pages.

NOTE: I tried using the HEAVY-WEIGHT CARDSTOCK - but my printer had trouble with it. I switched back to the standard weight cardstock (65lbs - (176GSM) Acid & Lingnin free). I got mine at either Hobby Lobby or Michael's. I tried printing the jpeg files but they are not as sharp and crisp as using the tiff files.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Hi Everyone! You all have had a lot going on these past few days!

@faerywings Wine and good book and plenty of rest sounds like something you need, and I agree with Gary that work not needing you is serendipitous so you can heal! Also can't wait to see what trouble a few of these gals might find while you're away. Not naming names!

@BrightEyes Do you use matte cardstock? Or Glossy? I keep trying matte cardstock when making cards but the vibrancy always turns out muddy so I go back to glossy photo paper. Do you change any settings other than the paper type? I'm years and years behind in printing. Good to know to print the TIFF file. I don't usually save in Tiff so maybe that's reason to do so.

Unrelated question for all of you. When you save your layouts, do you save full size, and the 600 - 800, AND the web version? At SG, I never saved for web and just posted the 600 x 600 layouts. Currently, I save four ersions of each layout. The PSD, the full size JPG, 800 x 800 jpg and the web version. I'm wondering if I need that 800 x 800 jpg. Do any of you do anything with 800 x 800 jpg (not the save for web version?) Hope that makes sense.

@Cherylndesigns Your story reminded me of the story about Mark when our oldest was born. I was in labor for 36 hours, they took her out via suction because no surgery room was available for C -section. Then I suffered all kinds of complications - and Mark was seen in the halls with his hand on his head telling everyone how tired he was. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Men. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

My first week of work was successful. I learned alot and there's a ton more to learn. But I'm happy and excited to be there. It feels like a privilege actually.

AK_Tracy

Unrelated question for all of you. When you save your layouts, do you save full size, and the 600 - 800, AND the web version? At SG, I never saved for web and just posted the 600 x 600 layouts. Currently, I save four ersions of each layout. The PSD, the full size JPG, 800 x 800 jpg and the web version. I'm wondering if I need that 800 x 800 jpg. Do any of you do anything with 800 x 800 jpg (not the save for web version?) Hope that makes sense.
Stuffing my face with pizza as I read all this and wanted to say hi!
I save a psd version, a jpeg version at highest resolution full size for printing. If Its for here, I save a psd version and a save for web version that I change the size of. Two copies of every layout. That way I have the psd if I ever want to change it around but the jpeg is saved differently for where it goes. If its mine for Shutterfly then its huge and high quality, if its here, its save for web.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I print on 8 1/2 X 11 smooth standard weight white cardstock and use the custom print setting: 8X8. NOTE: PSE19: I open the tiff LO file then go to Print. It leaves a white border but I really don't notice the border once they are printed and in the albums. I had used the premium paper which was okay when I first started Bill's album but the while cardstock is better. I slide 2 LOs -back to back- into page protectors. The heavier cardstock stays flat and makes it easier to flip through the pages.

NOTE: I tried using the HEAVY-WEIGHT CARDSTOCK - but my printer had trouble with it. I switched back to the standard weight cardstock (65lbs - (176GSM) Acid & Lingnin free). I got mine at either Hobby Lobby or Michael's. I tried printing the jpeg files but they are not as sharp and crisp as using the tiff files.
Thanks, Kay. I have just been wondering how you printed your layouts - thanks for the info. Interesting note that the TIFF files are sharper than the JPEG files.

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
Great question Cheryl, I save a psd or tiff, a full size jpeg, that I upload at other sites, and a web size jpeg for here. I also didn't know that a tiff will give better results when printing, thanks Kay.

Nonni F

Check me out, already behind again! It's supposed to be a rainy Saturday morning here in NH. Hopefully I'll catch up. @AK_Tracy welcome to the fold, a little late but I'm noticeably tardy on just about everything these days.
@faerywings pictures???? That I can do. Prepare to be overloaded. :)

Terri M

Unrelated question for all of you. When you save your layouts, do you save full size, and the 600 - 800, AND the web version?
I only save the psd. If I post a page here (or back when I was on SG) I don’t keep the low res version. If it’s for a book I’m building up, I go ahead and put a jpg at highest res into the book app. This is typically my current P52 year book and occasionally a special trip book. Then once the book gets back from printing I take that whole sub-directory into an external hard drive and remove it from my PC. Pages that don’t go into a book are saved with each file named by date and event or person, so if I decide at some later time to include them in a book I can find them, and I’ll just create the jpg then.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Okay... Reasons to print tiff file vs jpeg. If you look at the size of the tiff file vs jpeg you will see that it is much larger... therefore there are more pixels per inch in it which will give a much sharper look to the printed LO. I used to save files in PSD but Karen Schulz pointed out that the tiff files take less space than the PSD files so I switched over to tiff several years ago.
@BrightEyes Do you use matte cardstock? Or Glossy? I keep trying matte cardstock when making cards but the vibrancy always turns out muddy so I go back to glossy photo paper. Do you change any settings other than the paper type? I'm years and years behind in printing. Good to know to print the TIFF file. I don't usually save in Tiff so maybe that's reason to do so.

I do use matte cardstock when printing my LOs for hubby's album. I understand why you use glossy paper as it does give a brighter image when you are making cards.

On saving files... YES, I ALWAYS SAVE TIFF OR PSD FILES... There are times I discover an error that needs to be corrected... times I need the photo in it and can't find it my files... times I like the font and can't remember which one it is or like a word art I had created..... plus it gives a better print copy....multiple designers used and need to know who/kit.... and for other reasons. I save the jpeg - either the 600X600 or 800X800 version. Note: Web version is a jpeg of either of those sizes or a different size...1 designer wants a 1080 jpeg. For her LOs I do the 600X600 and the 1080X1080 jpeg and save both. When I make a border for a LO, I will save a png copy with all the layers .... then use the single layer of the complete border in the LO to cut down on tiff size. That way I can go back into the multiple layer in the png file and add, delete or change things in it.

And talking about saving files... when I edit a photo - like lighten/darken it, extract the image, clean up damage, etc... I work on a copy of the photo... then save it in the same folder: like "Billy-edited-extracted". Sometimes I will have 3-4 different versions of the same photo - but I always keep the original of the photo.

I download the kits/collection onto my computer to work with them. After I have the LOs uploaded to the galleries, then I save my scrapping kits/LOs and files on ExHD. That way I have 2 copies... 1 on my computer and 1 on the ExHD. I do not use the cloud. About once a year, I will delete some files from the computer. I save all my photo directly on the ExHD.

Nonni F

@BrightEyes I have never saved to Tiff. I'll have to try that. I use up so much space. (and love the thought of higher resolution when printing)
I usually delete the smaller gallery sizes I need for posting and ct work to clean up my files... when I think of it. :rolleyes:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Kay, @BrightEyes thanks for all of the information and tips on printing, saving, etc. I'm about to attempt to print some of the layouts I've done of Chuck and you've really given me direction. I'm saving all of this information because I need new paper and want to get what you use. I also just recently found out about the Tiff files and it makes so much more sense. I'm like you - i always save the PSD files in case I want to change something out.