Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday, January 6

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It is Friday! wheeee!!!

How are you all today? I am happy that the snow pretty much past this part of NJ by. We have just enough to cover the grass. But darn, we are doomed if this keeps up all winter and we get no snow met in the spring. (I really, really hate even thinking about snow, but this is bad.)

I was a worn out Faery at the end of the day but we had a nice time together, the family and I. I scrubbed the heck out of my bathroom yesterday and then cleaned for my neighbor. When I got home, I was pooped out, but we had made plans to go to the new diner in town, all 4 of us. MIL had given Gary money to do that which was so nice. As we were leaving, the kids were trying to remember the last time we went out to dinner as a family. They think that it was in 2008. Aside from Christmas Eve and getting our tree, we can't remember when Gary was able to go anywhere with us. That made it all worthwhile. I was tired and having a hard time concentrating on what the kids were saying but I know they were making fun of me so it was all good.:madgrin:

Today my mom is coming up and we are going to lunch with the kids. Even Scott is coming with us.

Sending love and hugs to all of you!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
o yeah, I am a little behind schedule again but it is all good.

Deborrah- thanks for the good thoughts. I did a 3-month follow-up research survey for MyLymeData.org and I was actually able to say that my symptoms have improved slightly over the last 3 months. After 8 years of treatment, it is about damn time :p
Hope that you had a good day too!

Nancy- how exciting for the US, did they win?
I love hearing about your talks with your sister. I hope that my kids will continue being as close as they are now. They were upstairs laughing like the loons that they are last night which always makes Gary and me so happy.
Did you get any snow? It really was so cold last night and will be again today. Bundle up when you go out with Luther.

Trudy- WTH??? Why did your Gary go to work? Out in the cold air, it cannot be good for him. He is more stubborn than *my* Gary I think. LOL I feel your headache/teeth clenching pain.
So wait-- he still doesn't have the x-rays results and went in to work anyway???? :gaah:
Cleaning went fine, no weapons dropped on my feet. He collects odd creatures and said to Gary that sometimes when he gets back home after I clean, one of the creatures will be moved a bit and it seems like it is looking at him. Yesterday, I moved the entire first row of creatures to stare at his seat. I am sure he will get a kick out of that!

Rae- that is awesome news about your computer! They were able to figure out what was wrong? Whew!! Keep up the good work with WW!!

Jean- great news about the ins. checks. One less hassle to worry about. My fingers are crossed for you that your new plan works out.
It is really good for me to hear that you noticed that I was feeling better. It is sometimes very subjective as I track my symptoms, like was my joint or back pain only bad because I expected it to be? Was my speech fine only b/c I didn't talk to anyone? But to know that someone objective sees it- music to my ears (eyes hehe!!)

OMG!!!! Trudy, how in the world did you not whack your hubs over the head!!! :rollpin:
I am glad that he got sent home. Can I say "I told you so" to him for you? *evil grin*

Angi- Is your DD your oldest? I was lucky, both of my kids are in Community College so we didn't have to go through the real heavy duty college stuff. But 2 of my BFFs did and it sounded so stressful.
That is good to know about the shower and TMJ. It makes sense that it would help.

Stay warm, my lOves!

nancyr

good morning - woke up to about 2 inches of snow on the ground and now the sun is out. It is so pretty. Luther is in heaven. He was barking all night only to realize that there are deer tracks all over the front lawn so no wonder he was barking. We got in a great walk as Luther got to meet 3 of his doggie friends, Fritz and Magnum his other German Shepherd and a cute puppy Monty. He is happy and now tired. As am I, I was up late watching the USA defeat Canada in a SO after an amazing game. Twice the US was down by two goals to come back and tie. Our goalie was awesome. Sorry Trudy. A shoot out is a terrible way to lose a Championship game. But our team has only 4 gold medals to Canada's 16. Tonight I have a Devils hockey game and the pregame ceremony honoring the first owner of the NJ Devils. Should be lots of fun. Then tomorrow night is another game and then Monday too so a very busy 4 days. And we are playing teams that are young and fast so should be fun to see. Hoping my team can keep up.

Chris how nice to give you a break from cooking and have a night out at a fun diner for dinner. And it is awesome to see my kids becoming closer the older they have gotten so I am sure your kids will stay close. That is funny about the creatures staring at the owner after you finish cleaning.

Trudy I loved it that your husband listens to his boss at work but not at home. Made me smile. Hope he continues to get better.

Rae congrats on the computer! But I think that the view out your window would make it hard for me to go back to your office. Hope your ice has melted.

Jean glad to hear all is going smoothly with new insurance. I hope mine does!

Angi good look with finding colleges and all those exams. I am glad my kids are well past this.

Have a great day all!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... Still playing nurse today and I am really not good at it!! :becky: Got up and made coffee and sat with Mr. Sick and watched the morning news. He has been up since 5am coughing and hacking, its really starting to play on my nerves!! LOL I love the man, but oh my gosh the coughing is driving me nuts :gaah: Beautiful sunrise this morning, the sky is all pink and orange. A bit milder temps and probably a few flurries but we are not expecting too much in the way of bad weather today. I have to say Congrats to the U.S. Hockey Team on their win last night!! It was a nail biter of a game, such great hockey played by two amazingly talented teams! Not my favourite way to see a game like that end, I think shoot outs are so not fair and would much rather see more OT played instead. Great to watch such talent though. Heartbreaking for the Canadians, its too bad there always has to be a second place :mmph:

Chris - Sounds like you had a pretty great day yesterday, and you got to all go out for dinner together!! That is perfect! I can't wait until my Gary is feeling better and we can actually get out of this house for a bit together and perhaps a nice lunch or dinner out! So many here that are sick with the flu or that horrid cold!! Maybe it is better that we are stuck here at home and not near any of those other sickies!! I can't even get up to see my nephew and his sweet family from Australia, because I don't want to run the risk of them getting sick. Hope that next weekend we can all get together as our son and his family will be here and we are planning to have the whole crew here at our place for an evening. Glad that your cleaning went well and too funny about changing a whole row of eyes to look right at your client!! :pound: Yes I think that I really should whack my Gary over the head with the rolling pin, it might knock some sense into him :rollpin: and maybe stop the coughing too!! LOL

Nancy - How nice that you and Luther have such great walks in the morning! Too bad he was barking so much during the night, hope it did not keep you all awake! Yes no wonder he was though, deer in his yard!! The nerve!! LOL Sounds like the next few days are filled with fun activity for you! Enjoy!!

Rae - So happy for you that your computer is ready! WTG on the Weight Watchers, I am signing up today, hoping to lose at least 30lbs this year. I am so not happy with my weight! Need to go more GF too as it really does make a difference in how I feel!

Sorry ladies I need to end here as DD is calling and I need to catch up with her and Mason this morning! I will try to come back later! :wave:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. I'll be heading out at lunch time to pick up computer HD, then drive over to our computer guy so he can reconfigure it and then on the way back I'll take Taz to the dog park. We're supposed to get some snow today so figure it's best to get out earlier in the day just in case the roads get messy. I'm going to watch Nashville this morning as I pvr'd it last night but didn' watch as my hubs doesn't like it. It's funny that I love the show so much as I don't really care much for country music, just the odd song here and there, but I love the music on the show and love the actors on it. There's a new cooking show starting tonight that I'll pvr, Star Plates.

Chris - it's been that long since you all went out to dinner together? That really makes it a special night. Enjoy time with your mom today. Yes, it's wonderful that your kids are so close. My girls are 6 yrs apart and as they got older they drifted apart and have different personalities that clash so they don't understand each other and mostly stay apart, and my DIL is busy with her own family so almost never sees my girls. It makes me sad.

Nancy - sounds like a busy but fun couple of days ahead for you. Enjoy it.

Trudy - ugh. Not surprising, eh? Hope he's hanging his head in shame :)

Jean, Angi & Deborrah - good morning and hope it's a good day for you all.

I am going to go search for pressure cooker chicken recipes. I've got a few chicken breasts and sausages, and want to try a new recipe out. I'm heading over to pinterest now. Have a great day, everyone!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Trudy - of course we cross-posted again.

Are you going to join the online or go to meetings? I did the meetings for years but right now prefer to do it at home online. I may go as I get closer to goal for the six weeks I think is needed to get it in the books and then can pop in there once a month for weigh-in.

Have you done WW before? I like the new plan. I think the point system is better now with penalizing more for eating junk food and no points for most veggies and fruit.

Jazz2000

Hi Everyone!

I was supposed to go chaperone the junior high dance, but had to say b/c DH is out tonight & my 2 youngest are fighting like crazy! ugh.
It is cold over here. It is 8 degrees F w/o the wind chill factor! It's supposed to be in the 20's all this weekend - Which is good if it's the Ice Sculpturing contest this weekend! I want to take my kids to that.

Yes, my DD is my oldest. The community colleges around us have changed. From what I'm hearing (from other parents & kids who went through this), if you plan on going to CC (community college) for pre-requisitives & transfer them to university, you better be absolutely sure what university you WILL go to. CC's in my area now have different classes in for the same subject that will fill the requirements of the individual university. For instance, if my daughter knew she wanted to go to U of M, then she would take a particular biology class. However, if she changed her mind, that biology class will not transfer to MSU, OU, WSU or U of D (local universities). I know 2 people who have had to start over. So, basically, the 2 years they were at CC was money down the drain. I don't know if it's this way all over & I'm just learning about this now? but my head is spinning.

Chris - wow! that is a long time from going out together as a family. I hope you took a picture! We try to go out all together as a family on our birthdays. Birthday person gets to pick restaurant. I hope you keep feeling better.

Nancy - your dog & his friends remind of kids show Clifford & how they'd all hang out together. Sounds so cute!

Trudy - any news of the Xray? Maybe you should take Dh back in. I feel so bad for you. Maybe one of you should take some whiskey in your coffee??? I hope the both of you get some rest soon.

Rae - how did your pressure cooker recipe come out? We don't have cable anymore. don't miss it too much except for one or two shows. A new cooking show that I would LOVE to record is Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner. It looks amazing! Those two have such great chemistry together - who would have thought???

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Angi - I caught a few episodes of Martha & Snoops Potluck Dinner and it was fun. They always have a guest too and have a cooking challenge. It got renewed for a second season.

I ended up going out all afternoon so never got a chance to check recipes. I am going to look for a few recipes to print out for future use, maybe next week. I picked up some gluten free perogies this afternoon so tomorrow will have those with ham for dinner...yum!