Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, February 3

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Welcome to a very cold Friday in NJ! :brrr: It is 19* with Wind Chill/Real Feel around 11* and it is only going to get colder during the day. We are going to be below zero by dinner time with overnight wind chills of -25*F Sections of NY State and MA/CT look like they are going to be worse than that. I hope that there are enough warmer centers for homeless people and everyone brings their pets inside. (not that I understand why people keep dogs outside but that's just me)

I wish I did;t have to go out today, but I need to run down to pick up my contact lenses. As long as I am there, I am going to stop at the farmer's market and see what produce they have. They usually have awesome sales on berries and melons. I miss the remote start on my old car and I will miss Caitlyn's heated seats. But heck, I have a car and that is good.

I want to get out early so I can have the afternoon somewhat to myself. I was hoping to get some scrapping done yesterday, but my ILs came up for the afternoon. My FIL is cracking me up over the Murder Mystery party next week. He ordered a hat and shirt for his character and is making Kir Royales(?) for us to drink. MIL found placemats she made a while ago that have the Eiffel Tower on them. I'd better get going if I want to pull this off and not let them show me up. :lol23:

OK, dear friends, I better post this and get on to personals if I ever want to get out of the house before lunch

xo

LSlycord

Good morning. Interview this morning with the company that needs a contractor. I am supposed to hear something today from the company that I interviewed with for the fulltime employee position. Fingers crossed.

Syd will be home early afternoon. She has classes this morning and then she will leave. She told me last night that she has her car packed except for a few things that she needs this morning. I think she has hit that stage where she wants to get on with her life. I remember hitting that stage...but fortunately I wasn't in my second semester of college.

It's chilly on the lanai this morning...we have a heavy rain and the wind is blowing the wind chimes. I hear lots of birds chattering in the preserve but can't see them. Temps have dropped 7 degrees while I have been out here.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Sorry about the rain but yes, rain is better than this frigid weather (IMHO).
My mom didn't write down any recipes, none have been passed down except orally. She thought me how to cook by pinches, and handfuls, and "once around the pot." We have tried to get some of the family recipes, like my Grandma's Thanksgiving stuffing, converted into measurements but no one can it is exactly right.
One thing that my mom showed me was a handwritten copy of poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Lord Byron. She remembers sitting on the beach writing them out. I have to get that scanned. She also has beautiful handwriting, it is very precise cursive (also made it easy to forge her name on school notes - shame on me)
Hope that your stomach felt ok and that you had a nice day with Ilene

@LSlycord I am so happy to have the smilies back too. Countdown to Sydney: T- 6 hours or so? *G* I bet you and the fam are going to have a wonderful weekend together- Happy birthday to Brian! My BIL's, also Brian, birthday is today.
Creme brulee yum!
Good luck with the interview today:sparkles1: <~ good luck vibes
It's funny how the photos trigger such strong memories, the ottoman one cracked me up.

@BrightEyes stop waking up so early! I know-- you're trying not to already ;)
I bet the memorial books will help a lot- and all of those DVDs, new stuff to watch.
I think the next time we have my parents up for bagels, I'll take some of the photos out. It will also be good for my kids to hear the stories as well. Because my childhood memories have huge holes in them, I haven't talked too much about it to them. And the things I do remember, I tell them over and over again. I need fresh material and maybe that can help Ha!

@bcgal00 I struggle with subtitles too, we watched Squid Games overdubbed because I am like D-I can't read and watch at the same time. But we do watch The Derry Girls (frickin' fantastic show!) with subtitles because I can catch about 80% of what they are saying but some of the Irish accent and phrasing is too tough for my brain to decipher.
How did your haircut go, happier with it than the last time? Is that when it was really short in the back, in your avi? I thought that was really nice on you. I am glad that the brain fog is better, that really is awful when you know you are trying to say something or do something or drive somewhere and your brain is just lumpy mush.

@Cherylndesigns Whew, that is great that you slept better. Oh no!! I hope that you didn't get a lemon for the laptop, did the tech figure out what was going on?I hope that its working right and you don't; have to return it. But if so-- I am very happy with my Dell desktop. Gary hates his HP laptop. It's been nothing but trouble and their CS is awful.
Nope, no twin sets for my grandma-- she was a very "flowy" dress person, lots of color, and always had to have her shoes and earrings match- She had a closet full of bright colored shoes, turquoise, and red, and yellow. My cousin and I loved to play dress up with them. She was beautiful ♥
More good thoughts to your Mac :sparkles1:

@taxed4ever I saw her!! :rollingpin1: She is back!! yay!!!!
bet you needed her as you were getting interrupted while you were shopping, BIL asks his mom every year for meatloaf for his b-day dinner, she is making that for him tonight. Nothing wrong with comfort food. Or cheesecake ;)

#kiss3

Su_Sanne

Welcome to a very cold Friday in NJ! :brrr: It is 19* with Wind Chill/Real Feel around 11* and it is only going to get colder during the day. We are going to be below zero by dinner time with overnight wind chills of -25*F Sections of NY State and MA/CT look like they are going to be worse than that. I hope that there are enough warmer centers for homeless people and everyone brings their pets inside. (not that I understand why people keep dogs outside but that's just me)

I wish I did;t have to go out today, but I need to run down to pick up my contact lenses. As long as I am there, I am going to stop at the farmer's market and see what produce they have. They usually have awesome sales on berries and melons. I miss the remote start on my old car and I will miss Caitlyn's heated seats. But heck, I have a car and that is good.

I want to get out early so I can have the afternoon somewhat to myself. I was hoping to get some scrapping done yesterday, but my ILs came up for the afternoon. My FIL is cracking me up over the Murder Mystery party next week. He ordered a hat and shirt for his character and is making Kir Royales(?) for us to drink. MIL found placemats she made a while ago that have the Eiffel Tower on them. I'd better get going if I want to pull this off and not let them show me up. :lol23:

OK, dear friends, I better post this and get on to personals if I ever want to get out of the house before lunch

xo
Hi Chris, hang in there in cold NY! That's what the Google translation says. I would have said hold on and make yourselves comfortable. When I was still translating lyrics from my favourite bands, I bought a thick dictionary of American slang. But I think it's so outdated now that I can't use it anymore. I hope you still understand what I'm trying to say.
xo (this means a kiss?)

Su_Sanne

Good afternoon, Ladies! :cool: I haven't read all your daily reports yet, but I really wanted to give you a pot of fresh coffee while you're already busy telling your stories! And maybe a glass of champagne to toast and get to know you better? Or should I bake something quickly? :rotfl:
I'm already tired from all the reading and looking at layouts. And I've just come from shopping at Oscraps. It's creepy! I see a beautiful layout in the gallery and promptly have to buy the kit and don't even get to scrap. I retired last summer and need less new clothes for the office. Now I'm blowing the money on scrapkits. Is it the same for you? I'll check back later. Save me some champagne :giggle4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

xo
It's 40° here at 10 a.m. I think we are supposed to get colder tomorrow.
Sounds like your IL's are looking forward to your party!
Hope you get some scrapping done today with no interruptions!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Sorry about the rain but yes, rain is better than this frigid weather (IMHO).
My mom didn't write down any recipes, none have been passed down except orally. She thought me how to cook by pinches, and handfuls, and "once around the pot." We have tried to get some of the family recipes, like my Grandma's Thanksgiving stuffing, converted into measurements but no one can it is exactly right.
One thing that my mom showed me was a handwritten copy of poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Lord Byron. She remembers sitting on the beach writing them out. I have to get that scanned. She also has beautiful handwriting, it is very precise cursive (also made it easy to forge her name on school notes - shame on me)
Hope that your stomach felt ok and that you had a nice day with Ilene

@LSlycord I am so happy to have the smilies back too. Countdown to Sydney: T- 6 hours or so? *G* I bet you and the fam are going to have a wonderful weekend together- Happy birthday to Brian! My BIL's, also Brian, birthday is today.
Creme brulee yum!
Good luck with the interview today:sparkles1: <~ good luck vibes
It's funny how the photos trigger such strong memories, the ottoman one cracked me up.

@BrightEyes stop waking up so early! I know-- you're trying not to already ;)
I bet the memorial books will help a lot- and all of those DVDs, new stuff to watch.
I think the next time we have my parents up for bagels, I'll take some of the photos out. It will also be good for my kids to hear the stories as well. Because my childhood memories have huge holes in them, I haven't talked too much about it to them. And the things I do remember, I tell them over and over again. I need fresh material and maybe that can help Ha!

@bcgal00 I struggle with subtitles too, we watched Squid Games overdubbed because I am like D-I can't read and watch at the same time. But we do watch The Derry Girls (frickin' fantastic show!) with subtitles because I can catch about 80% of what they are saying but some of the Irish accent and phrasing is too tough for my brain to decipher.
How did your haircut go, happier with it than the last time? Is that when it was really short in the back, in your avi? I thought that was really nice on you. I am glad that the brain fog is better, that really is awful when you know you are trying to say something or do something or drive somewhere and your brain is just lumpy mush.

@Cherylndesigns Whew, that is great that you slept better. Oh no!! I hope that you didn't get a lemon for the laptop, did the tech figure out what was going on?I hope that its working right and you don't; have to return it. But if so-- I am very happy with my Dell desktop. Gary hates his HP laptop. It's been nothing but trouble and their CS is awful.
Nope, no twin sets for my grandma-- she was a very "flowy" dress person, lots of color, and always had to have her shoes and earrings match- She had a closet full of bright colored shoes, turquoise, and red, and yellow. My cousin and I loved to play dress up with them. She was beautiful ♥
More good thoughts to your Mac :sparkles1:

@taxed4ever I saw her!! :rollingpin1: She is back!! yay!!!!
bet you needed her as you were getting interrupted while you were shopping, BIL asks his mom every year for meatloaf for his b-day dinner, she is making that for him tonight. Nothing wrong with comfort food. Or cheesecake ;)

#kiss3
Unfortunately I woke up with another headache and more rain yesterday, so no Ilene's. She was disappointed. I'm feeling some better today!
Oh yes! So glad you have a story with your copy of the EBB poems! I only have mom's handwriting on the backs of some of my baby pictures, etc, so I scanned those, too.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning. Interview this morning with the company that needs a contractor. I am supposed to hear something today from the company that I interviewed with for the fulltime employee position. Fingers crossed.

Syd will be home early afternoon. She has classes this morning and then she will leave. She told me last night that she has her car packed except for a few things that she needs this morning. I think she has hit that stage where she wants to get on with her life. I remember hitting that stage...but fortunately I wasn't in my second semester of college.

It's chilly on the lanai this morning...we have a heavy rain and the wind is blowing the wind chimes. I hear lots of birds chattering in the preserve but can't see them. Temps have dropped 7 degrees while I have been out here.
Best wishes on the interview!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon, Ladies! :cool: I haven't read all your daily reports yet, but I really wanted to give you a pot of fresh coffee while you're already busy telling your stories! And maybe a glass of champagne to toast and get to know you better? Or should I bake something quickly? :rotfl:
I'm already tired from all the reading and looking at layouts. And I've just come from shopping at Oscraps. It's creepy! I see a beautiful layout in the gallery and promptly have to buy the kit and don't even get to scrap. I retired last summer and need less new clothes for the office. Now I'm blowing the money on scrapkits. Is it the same for you? I'll check back later. Save me some champagne :giggle4:
Susanne, you will fit in around here just fine! I don't do alcoholic beverages, but I do enjoy baked goodies!
Before I became a CT member, back in the day, I spent LOTS of money on scrapkits. I did use them, however! But I have to stay away from Hobby Lobby and Michaels because I can't resist the paper scrapping stuff, even though I haven't done that for years! I've tried junk journaling, too.....just can't get it!
Welcome, again, to the O family!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
40° in SUNNY.....YES! I said SUNNY NC! I haven't seen the sun for a week! Not in my neck of the woods, anyway! The wind is blowing ever so slightly and my wind chimes sound wonderful!

Didn't get to spend the day with Ilene yesterday as I woke up with another headache! Today.....NO HEADACHE, thank You, Lord!

Mark came home early yesterday not feeling great. He couldn't resist going to the woods, however, this morning. He said, "I may be back sooner than later, depending on how I feel!"

Got the dishes done this morning and have the first load of Mark's work clothes going in the wash. Started another puzzle last night, but just got it sorted. So, that is my day. Maybe do some scrapping later on.

Feels like Saturday to me today!
Have a good day all!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I popped in earlier when Chris had just started the thread. Then got caught up with doing a CT project for one of my designers... then did another CT LO. :multitasking: Now I am back here. It is cold - 22° but going up to high 50's today. I hope to get to the store for some flavored creamer and milk. Somehow the coffee just isn't the same without my flavored creamer! And I need to pick up the mail from the box. I had a PJ day yesterday and used the massager a couple of times along with my rice-filled neck pillow that I heated in the microwave. Not quite as stiff today - as the humidity is not as high. Thank goodness.

@Su_Sanne Welcome to the chatter spot! Glad to have you here. No problem understanding what you are saying. Yes, it is hard to resist getting kits/collections when I see a LO that uses it in the gallery! There is so much inspiration there!

@faerywings WOW... that is cold! Bundle up warm when you go out... hope you find some bargains in fresh fruit and veggies at the farmers market. I need to do the same as I only have some oranges and 2 apples and no fresh veggies. I was :rotfl:over your FiL and his costume for the Murder Party.

@LSlycord Did you have the interview yet?? Hoping all goes well. Syd sounds like she really misses being with the family and will take any excuse to come home for the weekend or holiday.

@vickyday Glad the headache is finally gone. Hope your DH is not getting sick... it is a bit worrisome when a man admits that he is not feeling good.

@Cherylndesigns Saw some of your LOs on FB... great job on them. So sorry about the problems with the laptop. Yes, it might be better to return it... especially with all the problems you are already having... plus trying to learn how to use the Mac system. Glad the weather is better in your area finally.

@bcgal00 You are a better gal than me... I couldn't go out when it is that cold! So sorry about Jenn's car but glad they also said they could do a patch so she could drive it until the parts come in. Sending her lots of good thoughts about finding a new job with benefits. She deserves it.

The house is finally warm enough so off to get my shower and dressed. HAGD

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Today I will do some chores, scrap and get out to the dog park later. We started binging the final season of His Dark Materials last night (sci-fi/fantasy). The scenery is beautiful. I finally got 2 photos of the bohemian waxwing birds yesterday. About 200+ started swarming through the sky a few blocks away so we watched them from our porch and then I hopped in the car and went to find them. They were trying to land on 3 berry trees but cars kept coming by so they wouldn't land for more than a minute. I was lucky to get a few photos before they disappeared. They are beautiful birds.

I got my hair trimmed and like the hairdresser. I'll continue to go to her. They are located in the mall so I can do a bit of shopping too. I got a housecoat and pajamas at a huge discount at the lingerie/pajama store and a cheery new mug with wildflowers (reminds me that spring is coming). No one has my favorite coffee flavor (gingerbread) so had to settle for salted caramel.

I tried a youtube recipe I saw about making cottage cheese chips in the microwave. The wax paper got too soggy and ripped so today I will try again, maybe with parchment paper. The flavor was good so just need to tweak the recipe a bit.

@faerywings Sure sounds like your party is going to be fun, everyone really gets into the spirit of it. Stay warm when you go out. We haven't seen Squid Games, not sure if D will watch but I will. The hair trim is similar to my last cut, just a bit more cut around the ear and growing the other side a bit longer. Nothing major but with fine thin hair, every

@LSlycord Good luck with the interviews today.

@Cherylndesigns That sucks about the computer, hope the computer guy had some answers when he came out.

@taxed4ever Hope G had a wonderful b-day dinner. How was the cheesecake? I've never made one before but I do like them a lot.

@Su_Sanne Shopping for digi stuff is an obsession that I'm sure most of us could attest to having.

@vickyday Glad the headache is gone today.

@BrightEyes I like coffee flavoring too. I use sugar free Skinny Girl flavors.

It's time to get out to feed the birds and throw a few snowballs for Remi. Later I'll take her to the dog park so she'll enjoy racing thru the snow, chasing the ball. HAGD everyone.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... It was so nice to wake up and not see gloomy grey skies and it wasn't dark!! DH was very happy with his stew that I made him and his cheesecake too! I made a chocolate syrup to drizzle over the top of it. Keto of course LOL. I found a nice fleece zip up jacket for him at Sport Chek, he really was in need of a new one, so he was very happy with that for his gift. Many phone calls and face time calls from family and friends, it was a busy evening for him. Today I need to finish off a card for my DD Heather and get that in the mail, then the next birthday will be grand daughter Sadie's in March. I am going to pop downtown today also to pick up a few things at a place called Plentiful, they have amazing creams and household things that are all natural and if you bring your own container you can save a bit of $'s. I might pop into my sister Wendy's to see how she is liking her new retirement life. Maybe we could walk downtown together from her place, its not too far and it would get her out of the house for a bit too. I need to get going with at least one of the challenges today. Ohh and I am putting the final touches on the painting I have been working on, so I will get a photo of that and let you see what I have been doing. Not sure just how busy our weekend will be yet, we are still waiting on getting DH's laptop back, so I need to give Best Buy a call to find out what is taking so long!

@faerywings - Brrrr!!! :brrr::brrr::brrr: its cold for you and very cold for Heather and Jason too!! Supposed to get to minus 50ºC there tonight. I remember driving to the airport many years ago to catch a flight to Cuba with everyone and it was minus 50ºC it was the coldest place on earth that day. I sure don't miss those temps!! Sounds like your FIL is pretty pumped up about your Murder Mystery party! How fun!! Good luck getting your contacts, hope you get the car nice and warmed up before you head out! My next car is going to for sure have heated seats and a heated steering wheel too! I knew you would be very happy to see our screaming rolling pin lady again LOL.

@LSlycord - Good luck with your interview today! I hope it is for a job that you really want! It will be great to have Syd home with you again and yes it sounds like she is ready to get on with her life! Hope the temps warm up a bit for you today, but be thankful you are not living in Ontario!!!

@Su_Sanne - Welcome to the Daily O's. You are not alone in your digi shopping obsession that is for sure! We are all there with you!

@vickyday - Happy to hear that your headache is gone, hope that you have a lovely day today!

@BrightEyes - I too love to have flavour in my coffee! I use Torani Sugar Free syrups, my fav are Salted Carmel and English Toffee along with heavy cream. Glad that you are not feeling as stiff today!

@bcgal00 - Your recipe sounds interesting, you will have to let me know how it turns out today. It's really quite easy to make cheesecake. I do mine without any kind of crust because I try to avoid using Almond or Coconut Flour, my gut does not like those too much. Let me know if you want the recipe I use, you will need a springform pan of course but knowing how much you like to bake you probably have a few of those. LOL.

Ok I am off to store, but will see if sister Wendy wants to join me. Have a great day everyone! :heartpumplove:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I popped in earlier when Chris had just started the thread. Then got caught up with doing a CT project for one of my designers... then did another CT LO. :multitasking: Now I am back here. It is cold - 22° but going up to high 50's today. I hope to get to the store for some flavored creamer and milk. Somehow the coffee just isn't the same without my flavored creamer! And I need to pick up the mail from the box. I had a PJ day yesterday and used the massager a couple of times along with my rice-filled neck pillow that I heated in the microwave. Not quite as stiff today - as the humidity is not as high. Thank goodness.

@Su_Sanne Welcome to the chatter spot! Glad to have you here. No problem understanding what you are saying. Yes, it is hard to resist getting kits/collections when I see a LO that uses it in the gallery! There is so much inspiration there!

@faerywings WOW... that is cold! Bundle up warm when you go out... hope you find some bargains in fresh fruit and veggies at the farmers market. I need to do the same as I only have some oranges and 2 apples and no fresh veggies. I was :rotfl:over your FiL and his costume for the Murder Party.

@LSlycord Did you have the interview yet?? Hoping all goes well. Syd sounds like she really misses being with the family and will take any excuse to come home for the weekend or holiday.

@vickyday Glad the headache is finally gone. Hope your DH is not getting sick... it is a bit worrisome when a man admits that he is not feeling good.

@Cherylndesigns Saw some of your LOs on FB... great job on them. So sorry about the problems with the laptop. Yes, it might be better to return it... especially with all the problems you are already having... plus trying to learn how to use the Mac system. Glad the weather is better in your area finally.

@bcgal00 You are a better gal than me... I couldn't go out when it is that cold! So sorry about Jenn's car but glad they also said they could do a patch so she could drive it until the parts come in. Sending her lots of good thoughts about finding a new job with benefits. She deserves it.

The house is finally warm enough so off to get my shower and dressed. HAGD
Same here.....can't.....WON'T drink coffee without my flavored creamer!
Glad Arthur has eased up on you! I had a pj day yesterday, too! As a matter of fact, I think I've only dressed up 2 days this week, LOL! I love being retired!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... It was so nice to wake up and not see gloomy grey skies and it wasn't dark!! DH was very happy with his stew that I made him and his cheesecake too! I made a chocolate syrup to drizzle over the top of it. Keto of course LOL. I found a nice fleece zip up jacket for him at Sport Chek, he really was in need of a new one, so he was very happy with that for his gift. Many phone calls and face time calls from family and friends, it was a busy evening for him. Today I need to finish off a card for my DD Heather and get that in the mail, then the next birthday will be grand daughter Sadie's in March. I am going to pop downtown today also to pick up a few things at a place called Plentiful, they have amazing creams and household things that are all natural and if you bring your own container you can save a bit of $'s. I might pop into my sister Wendy's to see how she is liking her new retirement life. Maybe we could walk downtown together from her place, its not too far and it would get her out of the house for a bit too. I need to get going with at least one of the challenges today. Ohh and I am putting the final touches on the painting I have been working on, so I will get a photo of that and let you see what I have been doing. Not sure just how busy our weekend will be yet, we are still waiting on getting DH's laptop back, so I need to give Best Buy a call to find out what is taking so long!

@faerywings - Brrrr!!! :brrr::brrr::brrr: its cold for you and very cold for Heather and Jason too!! Supposed to get to minus 50ºC there tonight. I remember driving to the airport many years ago to catch a flight to Cuba with everyone and it was minus 50ºC it was the coldest place on earth that day. I sure don't miss those temps!! Sounds like your FIL is pretty pumped up about your Murder Mystery party! How fun!! Good luck getting your contacts, hope you get the car nice and warmed up before you head out! My next car is going to for sure have heated seats and a heated steering wheel too! I knew you would be very happy to see our screaming rolling pin lady again LOL.

@LSlycord - Good luck with your interview today! I hope it is for a job that you really want! It will be great to have Syd home with you again and yes it sounds like she is ready to get on with her life! Hope the temps warm up a bit for you today, but be thankful you are not living in Ontario!!!

@Su_Sanne - Welcome to the Daily O's. You are not alone in your digi shopping obsession that is for sure! We are all there with you!

@vickyday - Happy to hear that your headache is gone, hope that you have a lovely day today!

@BrightEyes - I too love to have flavour in my coffee! I use Torani Sugar Free syrups, my fav are Salted Carmel and English Toffee along with heavy cream. Glad that you are not feeling as stiff today!

@bcgal00 - Your recipe sounds interesting, you will have to let me know how it turns out today. It's really quite easy to make cheesecake. I do mine without any kind of crust because I try to avoid using Almond or Coconut Flour, my gut does not like those too much. Let me know if you want the recipe I use, you will need a springform pan of course but knowing how much you like to bake you probably have a few of those. LOL.

Ok I am off to store, but will see if sister Wendy wants to join me. Have a great day everyone! :heartpumplove:
Thank you! Yes, it was nice to wake up to no headache and no rain! Don't know how lovely my day is/will be as I'm catching up from the week, LOL! Anything is better than having to deal with the headache all day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Today I will do some chores, scrap and get out to the dog park later. We started binging the final season of His Dark Materials last night (sci-fi/fantasy). The scenery is beautiful. I finally got 2 photos of the bohemian waxwing birds yesterday. About 200+ started swarming through the sky a few blocks away so we watched them from our porch and then I hopped in the car and went to find them. They were trying to land on 3 berry trees but cars kept coming by so they wouldn't land for more than a minute. I was lucky to get a few photos before they disappeared. They are beautiful birds.

I got my hair trimmed and like the hairdresser. I'll continue to go to her. They are located in the mall so I can do a bit of shopping too. I got a housecoat and pajamas at a huge discount at the lingerie/pajama store and a cheery new mug with wildflowers (reminds me that spring is coming). No one has my favorite coffee flavor (gingerbread) so had to settle for salted caramel.

I tried a youtube recipe I saw about making cottage cheese chips in the microwave. The wax paper got too soggy and ripped so today I will try again, maybe with parchment paper. The flavor was good so just need to tweak the recipe a bit.

@faerywings Sure sounds like your party is going to be fun, everyone really gets into the spirit of it. Stay warm when you go out. We haven't seen Squid Games, not sure if D will watch but I will. The hair trim is similar to my last cut, just a bit more cut around the ear and growing the other side a bit longer. Nothing major but with fine thin hair, every

@LSlycord Good luck with the interviews today.

@Cherylndesigns That sucks about the computer, hope the computer guy had some answers when he came out.

@taxed4ever Hope G had a wonderful b-day dinner. How was the cheesecake? I've never made one before but I do like them a lot.

@Su_Sanne Shopping for digi stuff is an obsession that I'm sure most of us could attest to having.

@vickyday Glad the headache is gone today.

@BrightEyes I like coffee flavoring too. I use sugar free Skinny Girl flavors.

It's time to get out to feed the birds and throw a few snowballs for Remi. Later I'll take her to the dog park so she'll enjoy racing thru the snow, chasing the ball. HAGD everyone.
Saw your pics of the waxwings! They are beautiful!
Thanks and I'm glad the headache is gone today, too!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all.

I'm SO tired today and where's that white flag emoji??? I'm waving it because the Mac is boxed up and ready to return. :stupicpc: I surrender. We found the greatest computer guy yesterday though and we always need one of those - lots of "work" computers running around here. The bad news is that the Mac was 6 updates behind! He said he could add them all, but he didn't think it was worth it. After the 6th one got out of date, Apple changed the platform and I'd probably only get 2 years maximum out of the computer. I'm not totally sure if I'm explaining it correctly, but I know nothing about Macs. Anyway, it was an exercise in futility.

Good news - my Dell laptop is in excellent shape - he said, in his opinion, he wouldn't stop using it. He cleaned it up for me and gave me some suggestions as to how to do a few things easier, like getting my pictures from my camera to my laptop more quickly. I paid a lot for it - it has terabytes of memory on it and very fast speed. We talked about my EHD's and he gave me some suggestions for them. I had purchased an extender to have more USB ports and he told me why that wasn't working, things like that. He even blue toothed my new little keyboard to my laptop in case I wanted to use that. I'm getting a large monitor and I'll be able to "float" things from the laptop to the big monitor, and he told us what we needed. I didn't think I had room for two monitors, (Chris @faerywings you suggested that) but since having the Mac, I know I do. He thought my "set up" was great, the way I'm handling all of my huge files, and said if it were him, he'd stay with what I have.

Chris @faerywings I think we sent that nasty cold weather packing and it's heading your way. Our "ice" not really snow, is melting today and it's supposed to be almost 50. That's so funny about your FIL being so excited about the Murder Mystery party. His outfit sounds like what Roger wore to the NYE party. He was a gangster. I can't wait to hear about that.

Kay @BrightEyes hope you get out and get what you need if you have snow coming. It sounds like it's supposed to warm up for you too, though. Thanks so much for your compliments about my LO's. It's been busy with my CT work, too. I appreciate your encouragement about the Mac, too. All of you gals have been so supportive. Hey, I gave it the old college try. Glad you had a pj day yesterday.

Linda @LSlycord good luck today!!! You got this and Syd's coming home and it's Brian's birthday party weekend. How much more can a girl want? Oh, rain to stop and warmer weather. Hang in there, you'll have that tomorrow. LOL

Rae @bcgal00 thanks so much for your support on the Mac. I sure gave it a good try but it just wasn't meant to be. I'm going to stay with what I know. The learning curve was going to be huge anyway and I'm not sure i have the energey. Glad you like your hair and found a good hairdresser. That's always hard when you move to a new city.

Trudy @taxed forever - eat, drink and be merry!!! I like your style and I'm sure you had a wonderful meal - that cheesecake with chocolate drizzle sounds divine and the new fleece jacket sounds wonderful. Chuck likes those too.

Vicky @vickyday hope you're feeling good today, stomach-wise and headache-wise. I saw that you woke up w/o a headache. Have you figured out what's triggering them?

Susanne @Su_Sanne welcome to the chat!! It's SO good to see you in here - we get a bit crazy, but it's a fun way to start our day. Your English is very good - please don't worry about that!!! I LOVE that you want to bake for us, make us coffee and get us champagne. I LOVE champagne, especially in Mimosas for brunch. We hope you come back and join us. :grouphugyay:

Have a good day!
XOXO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am back... got everything I needed at Smith's.... and caught a great sale on flavored creamer so bought 3 of them... 1 is in the freezer for later on. :heartpumplove: Got milk, apples, bananas, tomatoes, and onions. That will hold me until after the commissary run next week. I am getting adjusted to driving the Sonata... still have a few things to work out but liking it more and more.

@Cherylndesigns So glad that you are sending the Mac back... and the tech guy sounds like he knows what he is doing. Glad he walked you through a bunch of stuff on your laptop and said you should keep it.

Time to get on the massager and use the neck warmer.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I am back... got everything I needed at Smith's.... and caught a great sale on flavored creamer so bought 3 of them... 1 is in the freezer for later on. :heartpumplove: Got milk, apples, bananas, tomatoes, and onions. That will hold me until after the commissary run next week. I am getting adjusted to driving the Sonata... still have a few things to work out but liking it more and more.

@Cherylndesigns So glad that you are sending the Mac back... and the tech guy sounds like he knows what he is doing. Glad he walked you through a bunch of stuff on your laptop and said you should keep it.

Time to get on the massager and use the neck warmer.
Thanks so much, Kay!! It was SO refreshing to have somebody out here who knew what he was talking about. It has already been returned to Amazon and I gave Ava my credit card and she is getting me a big monitor and bringing it over tonight and setting it all up for me. I'm SO relieved!!! :busy1::lovey3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all.

I'm SO tired today and where's that white flag emoji??? I'm waving it because the Mac is boxed up and ready to return. :stupicpc: I surrender. We found the greatest computer guy yesterday though and we always need one of those - lots of "work" computers running around here. The bad news is that the Mac was 6 updates behind! He said he could add them all, but he didn't think it was worth it. After the 6th one got out of date, Apple changed the platform and I'd probably only get 2 years maximum out of the computer. I'm not totally sure if I'm explaining it correctly, but I know nothing about Macs. Anyway, it was an exercise in futility.

Good news - my Dell laptop is in excellent shape - he said, in his opinion, he wouldn't stop using it. He cleaned it up for me and gave me some suggestions as to how to do a few things easier, like getting my pictures from my camera to my laptop more quickly. I paid a lot for it - it has terabytes of memory on it and very fast speed. We talked about my EHD's and he gave me some suggestions for them. I had purchased an extender to have more USB ports and he told me why that wasn't working, things like that. He even blue toothed my new little keyboard to my laptop in case I wanted to use that. I'm getting a large monitor and I'll be able to "float" things from the laptop to the big monitor, and he told us what we needed. I didn't think I had room for two monitors, (Chris @faerywings you suggested that) but since having the Mac, I know I do. He thought my "set up" was great, the way I'm handling all of my huge files, and said if it were him, he'd stay with what I have.

Chris @faerywings I think we sent that nasty cold weather packing and it's heading your way. Our "ice" not really snow, is melting today and it's supposed to be almost 50. That's so funny about your FIL being so excited about the Murder Mystery party. His outfit sounds like what Roger wore to the NYE party. He was a gangster. I can't wait to hear about that.

Kay @BrightEyes hope you get out and get what you need if you have snow coming. It sounds like it's supposed to warm up for you too, though. Thanks so much for your compliments about my LO's. It's been busy with my CT work, too. I appreciate your encouragement about the Mac, too. All of you gals have been so supportive. Hey, I gave it the old college try. Glad you had a pj day yesterday.

Linda @LSlycord good luck today!!! You got this and Syd's coming home and it's Brian's birthday party weekend. How much more can a girl want? Oh, rain to stop and warmer weather. Hang in there, you'll have that tomorrow. LOL

Rae @bcgal00 thanks so much for your support on the Mac. I sure gave it a good try but it just wasn't meant to be. I'm going to stay with what I know. The learning curve was going to be huge anyway and I'm not sure i have the energey. Glad you like your hair and found a good hairdresser. That's always hard when you move to a new city.

Trudy @taxed forever - eat, drink and be merry!!! I like your style and I'm sure you had a wonderful meal - that cheesecake with chocolate drizzle sounds divine and the new fleece jacket sounds wonderful. Chuck likes those too.

Vicky @vickyday hope you're feeling good today, stomach-wise and headache-wise. I saw that you woke up w/o a headache. Have you figured out what's triggering them?

Susanne @Su_Sanne welcome to the chat!! It's SO good to see you in here - we get a bit crazy, but it's a fun way to start our day. Your English is very good - please don't worry about that!!! I LOVE that you want to bake for us, make us coffee and get us champagne. I LOVE champagne, especially in Mimosas for brunch. We hope you come back and join us. :grouphugyay:

Have a good day!
XOXO
Sorry the mac didn't work out for you, Cheryl! But, like you said, just wasn't meant to be! Sounds like you got a good computer guy, too! Wish I knew one I could trust!
Feeling much better today. This week it has definitely been sinus headaches because of all of the dreary, rainy days! No rain today.....no headache! My stomach is another story! It is usually good for a while if I don't eat. But I tend to get hungry and want something to eat.....then I get sick to my stomach! It's a royal nuisance!

Su_Sanne

Good afternoon all.

Have a good day!
XOXO
Good afternoon all.

Have a good day!
XOXO

@Cherylndesign

Thank you for the warm welcome, Cheryl! I already feel very much at home with you! We will get to know each other even better. It's good to talk to women. Here at home I have a husband and two male dachshunds. Too much testosterone, I think. It's the everyday things that annoy us women much more than men. Here we can drink coffee and chat. That's good. I should read and learn a lot more. Have a wonderful weekend and don't worry about technical things. Everything will be fine! :heartpumpred:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

@Cherylndesign

Thank you for the warm welcome, Cheryl! I already feel very much at home with you! We will get to know each other even better. It's good to talk to women. Here at home I have a husband and two male dachshunds. Too much testosterone, I think. It's the everyday things that annoy us women much more than men. Here we can drink coffee and chat. That's good. I should read and learn a lot more. Have a wonderful weekend and don't worry about technical things. Everything will be fine! :heartpumpred:
Susanne, I LOVE your response. I totally agree, too. This is the place to come and vent and share whatever you want to share. It's a no judgement zone!!! We've so happy to have you joining in!!!!