Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday, February 28

tropt

(an early) Welcome to the last day of February!

Can you believe how fast the month has gone by? And the good thing is that means those of you in colder climates will hopefuly be one more month closer to thawing out as spring approaches. So how about finding some pretty spring picture or trinket and putting that somewhere you can see often as you're still battling winter? :)

Today Zoey the landshark (her name because she chews on everything and everyone right now) discovered that she can bark so now our chewy but quiet pup has been testing her voice a bit. Let's hope it doesn't become a constant like the little dachshund down the road who bark, bark, bark, barks ALL the time it seems. When we go by, he barks so much he almost lifts himself completely off the ground! ;)

Just cleaning a bit and going to the wet (outdoor) market to bring home all sorts of lovely greens and fruits. Somehow everything at the market looks so delicious and yummy but when I get home, it just looks like WORK with all the washing and slicing and dicing and cooking. But it's worth the effort in the end.

So how about your Friday? Lots of things to do before the weekend? or maybe you're just glad for the week to end! ;)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh T- that is too funny about Zoey barking!! Our first dog never barked either. I remember Gary and I trying to teach her to bark. Then she *only* barked after we had the kids and either someone came to the door, or if she felt like someone was threatening the kids. Our lab almost never barks either, not even when we had bears right outside out window, knocking over our garbage cans. ;)

I love the of finding a spring trinket. I feel glued to the weather websites, watching the snow predictions for Sun-Mon go up and up.

I cannot believe Feb is over today too. I am not sure how I feel about that, b/c I wanted to get so much more done this month. But OTOH, this month has been hell-ish for me, so maybe March will be a good step forward.

I had a MUCH better day yesterday. My mom came up and took me out to a very nice restaurant for lunch. Candles on the table, wait staff holding out my seat type of place. I had a really yummy dish- Risotto with scallops and a brandy sauce. A a nice glass of Pinot to go with. I was also able to tell my mom a bit about what had been going on. She knew that stuff was "up" but I hate telling her anything over the phone b/c then she ends up reading too much into things and stays up all night worrying. I told her the story of my absolute meltdown the day before and b/c I was cracking up over it, she was able to take the news much better.

Other good news-- my meds came in yesterday, and I am off to get my first dose at the drs today. Of course this means I will be herxing over the weekend but maybe that will mean I won't be freaking out over the snow. I have currently moved from worrying about *getting* to the hospital to getting home. I know that my IL's will happily have me stay there as long as I need, but I know I will want to be in my own bed. But if I have to go to their house, maybe I'll have some decent drugs in me and i won;t care where I am. :pound:

Then Cait and are are getting our nails done together. I am looking forward to that very much!

I actually feel kind of proud of myself, that I am making time to get a bit pampered, with lunch yesterday and mani's today. Its unlike me, so maybe I am finally "maturing." (took me long enough!!)

Have a wonderful day (and send lots of No snow for NJ Thoughts!!!)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My mom told me yesterday how wonderful my kids are (and they are!!) and what a great mom I am. I just had to email right now to say that if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have known how to be a great mom. She sets a great example. And I know that my kids will be awesome parents-- if the far future!!! ;)

Phyllis- how are you feeling today? Hope each day gets a bit better.
Gary did get the bubble out of my line. He drew back some blood out of it (which made me freak out more even though that is what is supposed to happen!!!) then got the bubbles out of the syringe. Between his diabetes and being on shots for 15 years and now a pump for 16 years, plus two PICC lines himself, I know that he has got this down. His next life-- he should be a nurse.LOL
Your kitchen is going to look amazing when you are done! I hoep that you are staying warm, it is just brutal here so I imagine you are getting that too.

Lasagna is a great idea! I will see if I can think of any other dinner ideas.

Trudy- oh wow, what a sweet thing to do!! What it a special day or "just because?" Dinner and roses! Yup, you have a keeper!!!! (it must be in the name LOL)
Thx for the good thoughts-- keep 'em coming for a freak weather warm-up for here!

Sara, I knew you'd get the "geek" reference hahahaha!! Hope that you are feeling better too. Your chicken casserole sounds yummy- I wonder if Scott will eat it? He is realizing that being a vegetarian is really hard to get nutrition and has started eating limited chicken- like if chicken is in soup he will eat that, but I don't know if he will eat actual "chicken." Does that even make sense?? ha!!

Yup, living the dream of Baby Steps and trying to find the good. :)

T- GMTA!! As you can see form my earlier post, I am working on getting some pampering in.

Hugs and love and warm thoughts to all! And coffee, can't forget the coffeeeeeee!!!!!!!

xo

petey111

T - That's a great idea for Spring. After the baby shower this weekend, I'm totally going to find something. I will take lots of pictures this weekend to share. Still trying to figure out how to get my beanstalk pool noodles to stick to the wall. Maybe poster putty will do it.

Chris - I'm so glad you are getting some pampering in. It will be worth it later on that you've had a few moments of sanity before the surgery. I just keep sending positive vibes out about your surgery and getting there and back again. (like the Hobbit LOL)

I bet Scott would like this casserole. You could even put veggies in it and make it almost like a Chicken Pot Pie. Do you have a Kitchen Aid? We discovered that you can use the Kitchen Aid to shred chicken. And if you let it run a long time, it can get shredded into really small pieces too. The smaller the pieces, the more likely he is to eat it I bet. That's how I was too. I still prefer thinner and shredded kinds of chicken to big old cut chunks or whole breasts.

Well...The snow will hit us this afternoon. Originally it was supposed to freezing drizzle this morning, but that's no longer in the forecast. whew. Then record low cold temps. *sigh* I don't want much....just temps about 30-40 would be swell.

Oh well. It's Friday, so that's awesome. :)

I better get a move on. Have a great day girls!

nancyr

Good morning today I am happy as hockey is back as my NJ Devils played last night and defeated the Blue Jackets 5-2. My Devils rarely score more than 3 goals so 5 is awesome. My team looked good after the Olympic break so that is good. It was cold though I even drove to the train station. Mostly the wind was horrible. This am it is 10 F. Doubt I walk today LOL. Did my good dobee deed yesterday on the train home. There is an app that lets you buy tickets on your phone. I love it and use it all the time. There was a young man who barely made the train and had to pay $5 extra because he bought the ticket on the train so I showed him the app. He was so happy. He showed me a cool app in return Uber which calls cabs anywhere in NJ and especially in NYC.

Chris glad you had such a nice lunch with your mom. Sounds like it is all coming together. I am so glad your Inlaws will be hosting you if the weather does not cooperate.

Tropt love hearing about your adventures with your new puppy! Zoey the landshark is just an adorable title!

Phylis I agree with Chris your kitchen is going to be gorgeous. Hope you are feeling better.

Trudy congrats on your wedding anniversary. I love yellow roses - sounds like you have such a lovely dinner. Are you getting all the rain that I hear is hitting the West Coast of USA?

Hope every one has a great day!

whatnext

'morning, all. the SUN is shining. well, unfortunately this is happening between YESTERDAY'S snow mess and Sunday's snow/ice mess. sigh.
weather-snowing-smiley.gif
The Weather Bitch is defeated....

I actually feel kind of proud of myself, that I am making time to get a bit pampered
:cheer2: and LONG may it continue, Chris. listen, do what you need to do re: where you're staying after surgery. don't glamorize the idea of "your own bed" if getting there is going to be an extra stressor. let OTHER people take care of you, girl!! here's a Star shower for you. just because.
multi-stars-smiley.gif

T,
Somehow everything at the market looks so delicious and yummy but when I get home, it just looks like WORK
:rofl: TOO true!!

Nancy, the hockey team return didn't work out as well here....

Sara, good luck with the snow. drat. isn't it going to be GREAT when we can STOP talking about the weather??

i think you guys are WAAAY too optimistic about what my kitchen is going to look like after i'm done. which, by the way, could take YEARS!!! i am just doing the BASICS on this job. no fancy sanding action between layers of polyurethane and stuff like that. i'm sanging, staining, putting on two coats of polyurethane. i figure ANYTHING is better than the state of the finish that's on there now. i'm pretty sure i won't be posting any pix of my finished product....
giggle1-smiley.gif
my cold seems to be leaving, slowly but surely. my mid-night coughing sessions are getting shorter and shorter, so that's excellent.

i just spent an hour messing around with email passwords. what a pain. i have several accounts. (ha. like about 15....) and periodically i can't get into one or the other. so then it takes TIME to figure out WHY. ah, computers. The Great Time-Savers.
snyting-smiley.gif

hey. it's FRIDAY. also the last day of this hideous month, HOOOORAAAAAAY!!!!!!!
spring-smiley.gif
OK. that's a bit optimistic, but TG we're into a spring-sounding month AT LAST!! :becky:

Last edited by a moderator:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... you are all sounding a bit happier now that the last day of February has arrived!! It has been a month from hell for most of you! Just a busy month for me as it was hubby's birthday, DD's birthday and then our anniversary. But heading into March is always nice, like Phylis said at least its a springy sounding kind of Month!!

T - Gosh I hope your puppy doesn't turn into a barker!! Nothing worse than having to tell your do to shut up all the time!! Or having them bark their head off every time a leaf falls outside. LOL. I love going to the outdoor market for my veggies!! But you are right, it is a lot of work once you get it all home!!

Chris - How wonderful that you got some pampering from your Mom yesterday!! Sounds like a pretty fancy schmansy place you went to. You deserve it sweetie!! Have fun getting your nails done today too, you will have to post a pic of the colours you get done! Enjoy!! Oh and the flowers were for our 37th anniversary :love:

Sara - Hmmm trying to think of how to make your noodles stick to the wall?? Not coming up with anything, but I will keep thinking on it for you! Hope that the snow does not decide to hit your area!!

Nancy - Glad your Devils are doing well with the return, Hubby's Bruins did not fair so well the other day and lost to the worst team in the league!! Uggh!! Oh well lots of time to improve. We are not getting any rain here, but had a full week of non-stop snow! I thought it was never going to stop!! But yesterday and today are sunny and mild and the snow is already almost gone, but sounds like we could be in for more of the white stuff this weekend, really would rather have the :rain: though!! I bet they are very thankful for the rain in California, they sure needed it!!

Phylis - Even though you are not doing a major overhaul of your kitchen cupboards, I bet they look great!! At least you are doing something to improve the look, which is more than I have the energy for!! Yes, computers, they sure control our lives and it is so unbelievable how much time we can waste in one day, just sitting in front of them! Mine keeps reminding me that I need to install an update, but I keep pushing the "later" button, I don't have time for that right now :becky: Ya, like I have so much else going on in my life???? Oh well, I am enjoying every single moment of being at home and would not go back to that stress filled full time job bull@#*t to save my soul. Here's a sugar plum fairy for you, just because.
splum-fairy-smiley.gif

Ok I need to get outside for a walk today and I think that the roads will actually be snow free for the most part today. Have a wonderful friday everyone and think SPRING!! :wave:

tropt

Sorry, got busy and didn't get back to comment like I meant to. :)

Chris - So glad that Gary knew what to do (sometimes the hard times/challenges we have - like his experiences with diabetes - can be a help to others - like knowing what to do with your line). Yay on a good day (good meal and conversation with your mom - That always works wonders no matter how old you are if you have a good mom. And to have your mom comment so sweetly on your parenting...awwww! Love that) Yay on the meds. And DOUBLE YAY on doing some pampering. Do you choose some fun new color for your mani with Cait?

Sara - You already have beans growing? Wow! I have a black thumb as in everything plant-related that I touch turns brown, then black and shriveled and dies...:frown::faint2::rip: