Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, February 16

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Friday, O-zies!
I don't want to tell you how cold it is but I'm gonna anyway. Can't keep me from complaining about the weather too long Ha! It is 23*F and a Real Feel of 0* Let me tell you, it was brutal being outside at 5.30 with Jaida and the wind was whipping.

I didn't clean yesterday so I tortured myself by going to Walmart instead. I hit two dollar stores on my way looking for some decorations or costume ideas for the Murder Party on Tuesday. I found a couple of things but nothing special. I'll figure more out as it comes along. Gary was out of trail mix so I offered to go to WM and he'd better appreciate my sacrifice. I think I go there maybe a couple of times a year. I was surprised -- the prices there aren't any better than my supermarket. The trail mix was their brand so I grabbed that but most everything else was a few cents less, if that.
Cait, Gary, and I have been trying to play more games after dinner than sit in front of the TV. Last night was another round of Mario Party. I was in 2nd place for a while but dropped to third after the Bonus Star round. And the 2nd place had nothing to do with any skill of mine. At one point, I thought I was controlling my character but I was looking at the wrong one!

Off to clean today and then I have no idea. I should clean my own house, at the very least I need to mop and vacuum.

Have fun and stay warm~

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday How was the PT? Do you think you'll be able to do the exercises only at home?
Did your doctor do a tongue scraping? LLMD did that on Gary - apparently, there can be different strains of yeast. Did she mention either Oral nystatin or diflucan? My family has taken both of these without any issues while on abx. Don't forget about probiotics too. Not to be a busybody but I am guessing that with your IBS/stomach issues, your gut flora is out of whack as it is. Take what I suggest with a grain of salt :)
Sam had similar issues with her check engine light and I know how frustrated it made her. She had to get the car inspected but only when the light was off or it would fail. *fingers crossed yours does what it needs to do*

@BrightEyes Did the sun come out and warm everything up? The sun is out here but the temps are going anywhere. :(
Ugh! Having my driveway blocked like yours would make me anxious. Not that I'd need to go somewhere but what if I did??? LOL How much longer until they are finished?

@taxed4ever Is today Sadie's birthday? Wish her Happy Birthday from the Oscraps Fam ♥
Who owns the walkway and wharf? I hope that it gets fixed by the time you and Linda are ready to kayak again.
Can you share the asparagus recipe? I have some in the fridge and haven't decided what I want to do with it. Your recipe sounds divine!
:couchhide:
*whispers*
How did it go with the blinds?

@pachimac Hope that credit card cools down quickly, even though I know how hard it is. It feels impossible to get that balance down :(
I know I'm coming from it in the opposite direction but when I was in treatment for my eating disorder, the biggest eye-opener was portion sizes. In my meal plan, I had to measure everything in the beginning. It's crazy how what you think is 1 cup is nowhere near reality. Hidden calories and snacking on the run sure add up. You'll get there and we will be cheering you on!

@bcgal00 I loved the owl photos you posted!! How close were you able to get to them?
A cruise-- That's awesome! The excursions sound fascinating. We'll miss you but I know you are going to come back with amazing photos for us to drool over.

@Cherylndesigns OOOHHHH!!!! I am so jealous-- 66* Wow.
You are a b*d*** - what a treat to hear your niece tell you that :D Ugh, what a mess about the SS.
Take good care of yourself and rest. Trying to be SuperCheryl is gonna bite ya in the butt even if you don't know any other way.
I hope that you enjoyed dinner with your fam.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Friday, O-zies!
I don't want to tell you how cold it is but I'm gonna anyway. Can't keep me from complaining about the weather too long Ha! It is 23*F and a Real Feel of 0* Let me tell you, it was brutal being outside at 5.30 with Jaida and the wind was whipping.

I didn't clean yesterday so I tortured myself by going to Walmart instead. I hit two dollar stores on my way looking for some decorations or costume ideas for the Murder Party on Tuesday. I found a couple of things but nothing special. I'll figure more out as it comes along. Gary was out of trail mix so I offered to go to WM and he'd better appreciate my sacrifice. I think I go there maybe a couple of times a year. I was surprised -- the prices there aren't any better than my supermarket. The trail mix was their brand so I grabbed that but most everything else was a few cents less, if that.
Cait, Gary, and I have been trying to play more games after dinner than sit in front of the TV. Last night was another round of Mario Party. I was in 2nd place for a while but dropped to third after the Bonus Star round. And the 2nd place had nothing to do with any skill of mine. At one point, I thought I was controlling my character but I was looking at the wrong one!

Off to clean today and then I have no idea. I should clean my own house, at the very least I need to mop and vacuum.

Have fun and stay warm~
Not quite as chilly here as there, but the clouds have moved in. It's in the 40s.
I should vacuum today too. Maybe I'll turn the robot on to do the sweeping and drive Asher bonkers. He hates that thing!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday How was the PT? Do you think you'll be able to do the exercises only at home?
Did your doctor do a tongue scraping? LLMD did that on Gary - apparently, there can be different strains of yeast. Did she mention either Oral nystatin or diflucan? My family has taken both of these without any issues while on abx. Don't forget about probiotics too. Not to be a busybody but I am guessing that with your IBS/stomach issues, your gut flora is out of whack as it is. Take what I suggest with a grain of salt :)
Sam had similar issues with her check engine light and I know how frustrated it made her. She had to get the car inspected but only when the light was off or it would fail. *fingers crossed yours does what it needs to do*

@BrightEyes Did the sun come out and warm everything up? The sun is out here but the temps are going anywhere. :(
Ugh! Having my driveway blocked like yours would make me anxious. Not that I'd need to go somewhere but what if I did??? LOL How much longer until they are finished?

@taxed4ever Is today Sadie's birthday? Wish her Happy Birthday from the Oscraps Fam ♥
Who owns the walkway and wharf? I hope that it gets fixed by the time you and Linda are ready to kayak again.
Can you share the asparagus recipe? I have some in the fridge and haven't decided what I want to do with it. Your recipe sounds divine!
*whispers*
How did it go with the blinds?

@pachimac Hope that credit card cools down quickly, even though I know how hard it is. It feels impossible to get that balance down :(
I know I'm coming from it in the opposite direction but when I was in treatment for my eating disorder, the biggest eye-opener was portion sizes. In my meal plan, I had to measure everything in the beginning. It's crazy how what you think is 1 cup is nowhere near reality. Hidden calories and snacking on the run sure add up. You'll get there and we will be cheering you on!

@bcgal00 I loved the owl photos you posted!! How close were you able to get to them?
A cruise-- That's awesome! The excursions sound fascinating. We'll miss you but I know you are going to come back with amazing photos for us to drool over.

@Cherylndesigns OOOHHHH!!!! I am so jealous-- 66* Wow.
You are a b*d*** - what a treat to hear your niece tell you that :D Ugh, what a mess about the SS.
Take good care of yourself and rest. Trying to be SuperCheryl is gonna bite ya in the butt even if you don't know any other way.
I hope that you enjoyed dinner with your fam.
Yes, I'll be able to do the PT at home. I have another appointment with him next week which I will keep so he can make sure I'm doing the exercises correctly.
I haven't seen the doctor yet about the tongue. She first prescribed oral Nystatin which helped but didn't totally eliminate the problem. She prescribed 3 pills without seeing me and said if this doesn't take care of it then something else is going on. Which probably means more tests. But you are right about the IBS already having my flora messed up. Ugh!
And, unfortunately, our engine light wasn't on at all yesterday. It certainly is aggravating!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
Today is going to be a lounging day. I am thinking about running the robot sweeper but that requires pickup first which requires bending which is off limits to me right now. Stinking osteoporosis!
PT was long yesterday and wore me out. Ilene wanted me to visit even though my back was not up to playing qwirkle. So I got some chicken strips from Chick Fila and stopped by her house for a couple of hours. We just sat and talked. I left for home around 1:30.
I was even too tired to go out to eat last night so we ordered carryout from Domino's Pizza. We took a birthday gift to Mark's granddaughter who turned 5 this week and then picked up our supper order on the way home.
Today Mark is in the woods, imagine that! I know you find that hard to believe! Ha! He took the rest of the pizza with him and called it his "breakfast of champions"!
He said he needs to cut down a couple of pine trees that are leaning pretty bad. One is cracked and one is a widow maker. I told him I didn't want to be a widow again. He said he certainly doesn't want that either and would pray for the Lord's guidance in how to get the tree down. He said he would come and get me if he decided to cut it down. I wanted to say, why? So I can watch you make me a widow again? Hopefully he will just leave it alone.
I need to move pictures from the camera and my phone to the EHD today and resize some pages to upload to Persnickety to get printed. That's going to be my weekend project.
HAGD!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O

I have started figuring out how much is a serving by different dishes I have at home. For the time being, I'm buying the minute rice in a cup because it's exactly 1 cup and rice isn't really the best choice for my blood sugar, but I can't give it up. Pasta, believe it or not, Is easier to nearly eliminate from my diet.

Here's a funny one: I was going to try one of those cauliflower crust pizzas, but then I looked at the carb count and the one I saw was HIGHER in carbs than the regular crust!! The only part that was better for you was that it was lower in fat. That's only because it didn't have the pepperoni on it! Crazy!!! You really have to read labels - even if they say low carb or low fat or whatever you are trying to reduce!

I think I'm at a plateau because I keep bouncing between 19 - 21 lbs down. I guess that means exercise is essential now.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. We're off to a lunch meetup with D's cousin from Manitoba (they are in town for a few days). He hasn't seen her in about 30 years. Later this afternoon I head out for pickleball.

Lunch with the ladies was fun yesterday, about 25 of us. Then last night was game night at the legion, played euchre with a couple we hadn't met before.

This wkend I'll try to get a lot packed for the trip b/c we'll be leaving the following Tues, not much time to get ready. I'm still waiting to hear about the penguin tour, our reservation is still pending. Fingers crossed. All other excursions are booked. We are meeting up with another couple in Buenos Aires for dinner before the cruise and then on board we'll play cards together on sea days. It's nice to chat pre-cruise on cruise critic and get to know some of the others.

@faerywings Have fun getting ready for your party. We've got about the same temp as you today. Next week it warms up to low 40's. We are thru the worst of winter now I think but I know here it can ebb and flow for another month so we'll see. We are acclimating though b/c last night it was -5 and I didn't even have my coat buttoned up when we left the legion. I'm becoming a true Albertan :)

I'd better go get dressed to go out for an early lunch meetup. Hope you all HAGD.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning ladies!!! Today is my beautiful Daughter's 43rd birthday! It is so hard to believe! Seems like yesterday she was my sweet little baby girl! :lovey3:. I will have to make this post short and sweet as I slept in this morning until almost 8am and now Heather will be calling me soon. I always feel so discombobulated when I sleep in like that, don't know why? You would think I would feel rested and refreshed :hahano:. Guess I need more coffee? Anyway not too much planned for today except finish off a cardI started for Aunt Betty and hopefully my mojo will return and I will get some scrapping done. BTW the blind got installed, but it is a temporary fix as they cut it to make it fit and there are snags along the side that they trimmed. I told the guy you better be getting me a new one, there is no way I am going to accept this one the way it is. :pokestick:He took photos of it and said yes of course they will order another. Wonder how many months I will have to wait for that??? :no:

@faerywings - It is cold and windy here this morning also, but the sun is shining so that makes me happy! No not Sadie's Birthday today, its Heather's Birthday, Sadie's is on the 4th of March. I will of course share the recipe with you, its so simple and easy. I will send you a PM just in case you want it for tonight but will post here also in case anyone else would like it.
  • 1 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • ¾ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
  • ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • ¾ cup smoked white cheddar cheese
  • Cracked black pepper
  • Preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer across a rimmed baking sheet.
  • Drizzle the olive oil over top of the asparagus. Sprinkle over the salt, and minced garlic. Toss to evenly coat the asparagus spears and then spread them back out in a nice even single layer.
Heather is calling I gotta go be back later for personals
    1. Bake for 10 minutes or until they just start to get tender but are still a vibrant green.
    2. Remove from the oven and top with the mozzarella and smoked cheddar cheese.
    3. Increase the oven temperature to broil high and broil until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
    4. Top with fresh cracked black pepper before serving. Taste, and add more salt, if desired.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all... The cable laying guys are getting a late start this morning... 10AM! They still haven't finished getting to the next hole down the block. Talked to one of guys as they were quitting at 5PM and he said they would get the cable pulled into place sometime today then would move the Ditch Digger and power wash the tire tracks on the driveway. Will have to live with the piles of dirt on the sidewalk near the hole/cable (blocked off with cones and flag lines) until the cable company installs the cable relay boxes. Hopefully that will be done soon. The street looks so funny with these blocked off sections going down both sides of the street. I actually can back out of the garage if I need to go anywhere but hope that they will move digger pretty soon.

Good morning,
Today is going to be a lounging day. I am thinking about running the robot sweeper but that requires pickup first which requires bending which is off limits to me right now. Stinking osteoporosis!
He said he needs to cut down a couple of pine trees that are leaning pretty bad. One is cracked and one is a widow maker. I told him I didn't want to be a widow again. He said he certainly doesn't want that either and would pray for the Lord's guidance in how to get the tree down. He said he would come and get me if he decided to cut it down. I wanted to say, why? So I can watch you make me a widow again? Hopefully he will just leave it alone.
I need to move pictures from the camera and my phone to the EHD today and resize some pages to upload to Persnickety to get printed. That's going to be my weekend project.
HAGD!
Vicky, I have a similar problem bending over to pick things up. I have a 'reacher' (with a single pincher claw) that I used to pick things up with. It is a lifesaver to get clothes out of the dryer. I found mine at the pharmacy at WalMart but have seen them at other pharmacies. The one I have is NOT the one with suction cups on the end. Mine also has a peg on the end near the claw - I use it to pull open drawers or drag my laundry baskets to the utility room. I wore out the first reacher I got when I had my 1st back surgery and have been lucky enough to find a couple more since then. If you do a search on-line for medical reacher grabber - you can figure out which one I have.

Oh... that hubby and his wanting you there if he cuts those trees down!!! But I agree with him if he is going to do that - he needs someone nearly if they fall wrong or he is injured. Yes, I also need to move the latest photo from my camera onto the ExHD. I will definitely will want to scrap about the cable installation.

@taxed4ever Happy Birthday to your daughter!! So sorry that the window installation didn't work out. I don't blame you for not accepting a poor sizing on it.

@Cherylndesigns Now that you mention it.. I also had to make a trip to SS office after DH died and it took awhile to get an appointment. So many things that need to be done but it all takes time and effort. :hug4:

Need more coffee and then will work on a LO. HAGD

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good Friday evening, O'zies.

I've had a rough day - been super depressed about going to close the local bank account, so I took two naps. I set my alarm for the first one, then Adeirnne called and said she couldn't leave for another hour, so I set a second one. I could have slept all day.

I know it's just beginning, but I had to take a death certificate in for them to make a copy. I JUST got up the nerve to take them out of the envelope yesterday when I had to call and cancel his health insurance. They didn't require a physical copy, thankfully. Kay @BrightEyes thanks for letting me know that the SS thing also happened to you. I guess they're very budy at those places. I have to call Indiana and get a certified copy of our marriage certificate before I go to SS, we had our original, but I haven't found it yet. So I have plenty of time. When my parents were alive, they went to the county courthouse and got any official documents we needed and mailed them to us. Now we have to talk to "the machine".

Chris @faerywings your party will be a huge success and I wish I could run my costume over to you. Do you have some black pants and a white long sleeved shirt? You could just get a black bowtie and a cummerbund and call it quits.

Susie @pachimac it is SO hard to try to figure out what to eat. I've been getting these food boxes from Hungryroot and the dishes are vegan/vegetarian/Mediterranean and I think they're full of sodium. I've been so swelled in my ankles and feet for the last few days - I have to think the "Mediterranean" food packets must be chock full of sodium. It's always something. Do you watch carbs, calories, sodium, what??? I know that anything that comes out of a box or a package is full of sodium to retain shelf life. Sodium seems to be the culprit for me. What's a girl to do?????:confused:

Chris @faerywings b**a** Cheryl is trying so hard to take care of herself. I knew you'd love that message from my niece first thing yesterday morning. It's hard, but I'm trying, and I had a great night with the kids last night. It's so nice when you get to the point where your grandkids (you don't have any yet) pay for your dinner. dance3:dancinglock:

I'm going to go the post the layout I made for Kay @BrightEyes monthly challenge now.

XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all... The cable laying guys are getting a late start this morning... 10AM! They still haven't finished getting to the next hole down the block. Talked to one of guys as they were quitting at 5PM and he said they would get the cable pulled into place sometime today then would move the Ditch Digger and power wash the tire tracks on the driveway. Will have to live with the piles of dirt on the sidewalk near the hole/cable (blocked off with cones and flag lines) until the cable company installs the cable relay boxes. Hopefully that will be done soon. The street looks so funny with these blocked off sections going down both sides of the street. I actually can back out of the garage if I need to go anywhere but hope that they will move digger pretty soon.

Vicky, I have a similar problem bending over to pick things up. I have a 'reacher' (with a single pincher claw) that I used to pick things up with. It is a lifesaver to get clothes out of the dryer. I found mine at the pharmacy at WalMart but have seen them at other pharmacies. The one I have is NOT the one with suction cups on the end. Mine also has a peg on the end near the claw - I use it to pull open drawers or drag my laundry baskets to the utility room. I wore out the first reacher I got when I had my 1st back surgery and have been lucky enough to find a couple more since then. If you do a search on-line for medical reacher grabber - you can figure out which one I have.

Oh... that hubby and his wanting you there if he cuts those trees down!!! But I agree with him if he is going to do that - he needs someone nearly if they fall wrong or he is injured. Yes, I also need to move the latest photo from my camera onto the ExHD. I will definitely will want to scrap about the cable installation.

@taxed4ever Happy Birthday to your daughter!! So sorry that the window installation didn't work out. I don't blame you for not accepting a poor sizing on it.

@Cherylndesigns Now that you mention it.. I also had to make a trip to SS office after DH died and it took awhile to get an appointment. So many things that need to be done but it all takes time and effort. :hug4:

Need more coffee and then will work on a LO. HAGD
It's late as I'm getting back in here. Mark has some grabbers, but they are pretty flimsy! I will check out the one you are talking about. What do you do about loading the dishwasher? I may have to start putting everything on the top rack. We usually don't have enough dishes to fill the whole thing anyway.
Fortunately, Mark left the other tree alone until he can find someone with some "muscle" to help him! Thank You, Lord!
I have been working on getting scrapbook pages ready to upload to Persnickety all day today! My back is feeling it, too!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
It's late as I'm getting back in here. Mark has some grabbers, but they are pretty flimsy! I will check out the one you are talking about. What do you do about loading the dishwasher? I may have to start putting everything on the top rack. We usually don't have enough dishes to fill the whole thing anyway.
Fortunately, Mark left the other tree alone until he can find someone with some "muscle" to help him! Thank You, Lord!
I have been working on getting scrapbook pages ready to upload to Persnickety all day today! My back is feeling it, too!
Do you have a rolling chair... like a desk chair on wheels??? Put the dishes on the counter above the dishwasher then sit in the rolling chair just to the side of the open dw door with the bottom rack pulled out - load it from there. When I was in a full back brace from shoulders down to bottom of my pelvis that is how I managed that chore. I can bent over now but can't lift much in that position.

The reacher I have isn't flimsy but it will only handle lifting about 5-7 lbs max. I use mine all the time to pick up things off the floor, pick up my shoes, reach for things in front loading washing machine and dryer, other things that have fallen behind furniture, etc. Mine is not designed to reach for jars, boxes, etc in the pantry or over my head.

Glad he is being sensible and getting some one with 'muscle' to help with the trees.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Do you have a rolling chair... like a desk chair on wheels??? Put the dishes on the counter above the dishwasher then sit in the rolling chair just to the side of the open dw door with the bottom rack pulled out - load it from there. When I was in a full back brace from shoulders down to bottom of my pelvis that is how I managed that chore. I can bent over now but can't lift much in that position.

The reacher I have isn't flimsy but it will only handle lifting about 5-7 lbs max. I use mine all the time to pick up things off the floor, pick up my shoes, reach for things in front loading washing machine and dryer, other things that have fallen behind furniture, etc. Mine is not designed to reach for jars, boxes, etc in the pantry or over my head.

Glad he is being sensible and getting some one with 'muscle' to help with the trees.
Yes, I did think about the rolling office chair I have out in my she shed that I will have Mark bring in for me. We don't have carpet in the house so it will be useful to roll things around the house instead of carrying it. Thanks, Kay! :hug2: