Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday December 24

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
wow! it is Christmas Eve Day! growing up Christmas Eve was just as special as Christmas Day. My brother and I still joke that it is a 2-day holiday which makes our spouses crazy because our "Countdown" is always one left. I'll bet you that by 10 am I'll have gotten phone calls from my mom *and* my brother wishing my Merry Christmas Eve Day LOL

I don't have too much to do today-I am waiting for one ore gift to arrive in the mail. its been in NJ since the 21st- why it is taking so long to get to me, i don't know.Its not like this state is all that big. Traffic, on the other hand, has been pretty bad :p

I have to make some dips and one last batch of cookies. Get the stuff ready to go for tonight-we go to my mom's first then to Gary's brother's house, then back home.Tomorrow is very low key- the g-parents all come here whenever they want and we just have food and wine. And cookies!!!

What are your holiday traditions?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Laurie- how are you feeling today? Hope that being home and taking it easy helped you. I love lotion tissues when I have a cold.

Hi trudy! Did you get all of your errands done?

Clara- I *loved* your card! Tell Ethan he did a great job!!!
It is really so horrible that any CT member could sell kits like that. I could never hurt any designer like that.
You are so talented! Hope you took a pic of the paining :) You have me beat- I can't draw a stick figure hahahahah!

Meg- i am so proud of you for holding your ground with your mom. I am sure it cannot be easy.

ME- feel better!!!!

Linda S- What a fin thing to do with Sydney- bet your nails look great and that she was thrilled! It warms my heart to read that Mom was happy. is she feeling ok? You have been through a crazy year.
Oh BTW- yeah we know your type- all sweet and innocent and cooking meth on the side :rofl:

To everyone who comes in here- love to you all!!!!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
morning all - finally heard from my son and he will be home later today- I am doing cookie baking-didn't get as many baked goods as I thought and I will send them back with my son. He will only be here for the weekend. Just as well as thieves love to hit college housing over break, so having someone there cuts down on that. Ought to get the last minute cards in the mail today too! Forgot to make a list of who I sent to so some may get twice! Cold and cough are getting better-lotion tissues are the bomb!

Linda- love that you surprised your mom with new clothes!

Merry Christmas one and all

LSlycord

Good morning my O-family! And Merry Christmas Eve day. It's a two day event at our house as well Chris. When I was little, we would go to Grandma's on Christmas Eve for gifts and then opened gifts at our house on Christmas Day. Once I started doing dinner instead of Grandma, we changed the order. Now, we do Christmas Eve at my folks with my brother's family, and then we do Christmas morning with the kids at our house, then we have a big family dinner on Christmas day! So we've really got the holiday started now! :)

LSlycord

Chris, hope your package gets here. And a few more cookies to make the house smell good is just the ticket.

Laurie, same message on the cookies. Will both of your sons be home or just one? Hope you have fun.

I'll be back later today as there are more personals!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Linda- only one- because the oldest is headed for a weeks vacation in SC the day after Christmas so he will be doing enough driving- he was home at Thanksgiving and we knew then. I mailed his packages already- but haven't bought him a "big" gift- I'ld like to help pay down a bill, but mr gorgeous likes to give a physical gift- we shall see. For the youngest- he has requested we help him buy a new computer- I'm fine with that.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Merry Christmas Eve everyone!! Out the door for one more day of work and then its a few days off. Hope the day goes by quickly!! We are off to a party at my hubby's boss's house, but I am sure we will not be late, then we can just relax! Tomorrow we exchange gifts with my sisters and then off to Inlaws for supper with my hubby's sisters. :rain: :rain: in the forcast but nice and mild. That's ok I hate to get the shovel out!!

Chris - Yes I did manage to get my errands all done Yea!! so nice that you have already spoken to your mom and brother :hug: hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Laurie - How wonderful that your one son is coming home!! Glad that your cold is getting better too! Merry Christmas to you!

LindaS - Sounds like you are going to be busy, busy!! Isn't it wonderful!! Enjoy the holiday!!

To everyone else, I hope that your Christmas is Merry!! Most likely the majority of us won't be here tomorrow, so have a great time everyone!!

ourmisadventures

Good morning ladies!!!! Merry Christmas Eve!!!!!!!

I'm half awake right now, I had a fever yesterday and now today I feel like the energy has been drained from me :( But, my family did arrive safely at my grandparents' down south! My dad made sure to keep me in the loop their whole trip down from Oregon, I was worried about the storms. Sure enough when they get there, their english bulldog decides she can take on my grandparent's huge german shepherd. I'll have to share the picture my dad emailed me later today :)

In other news, my shop is open!!! Just two items for now, next friday, the 31st, will have a ton of new stuff!

I'm going to go get back into bed, I'll be back for personals!

Bush Girl

Just popping in to say a huge Merry Christmas to my O family. Am trying unsuccessfully to get the kids into bed before collapsing on to my sofa. Here's hoping I don't sleep through Santa's arrival too.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Meg- congrats on opening- guess you will be able to use your new kit to scrap the photos from your dad.

I'm finishing up last minute gift for a gf- buy a pocket calendar and design a miniscrap page to be the new cover- simple and fun and only $2 so if they don't like it- not a major issue!

mei74

Hi to all my O friends! Wish you and you families a wonderful Christmas filled with love and joy!

ourmisadventures

I got a Christmas miracle in the mail today -- a card from my grandpa! The grandpa on my mom's side, so he's been stuck with all of their drama. He said that he's really upset and sad with how things are going with the family, and that he will always love me & that can never change & he wished us a wonderful future :)

My grandma has him under lock & key -- and always has, so I haven't been able to even call him. Oh wow, it really made my Christmas to hear from him! This morning was super hard for me, because of how things are with that side of my family, but when I got that card at lunch time -- it was amazing!
My MIL had JUST handed it to me when my best friend came running into the house, her face red & covered with tears (we have an open door & arms policy.) So we were able to cry together, over what's going on in her life & joy for me finally hearing from my grandpa.

I'm going to keep savoring it & call my dad and tell him in an hour or two. I need to be able to call him without crying.