Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday, December 18

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Well, I am feeling down to the wire for the holidays. How about you?

I made some progress yesterday- I wrapped 5 whole gifts hahah! but also finished the "guts" of two of the 6 baskets that I am doing. Two of the 4 left over are for Cait and my mom so they are easy enough to do. The last two should be almost done, the shipments of the items should be in today and tomorrow. In fact, most of my orders should be in by Monday. I can't wrap the kids' gifts until I have everything laid out in from of me. We give a few gifts and Santa brings a few, so that has to get sorted out evenly. Santa has been known to bring a gift or two that Mom wouldn't approve of. He is bad that way.;)

I hope to finish my brick and mortar shopping today, depending on how I am feeling after my mammo and ultrasound ordeal. I cannot wait until I don't have to do this every 6 months. Again, my rational brain doesn't think there is anything to stress about and I am usually fine until I am sitting in my robe waiting, and waiting. The dr has to read my scans to decide what additional scans I need, so it is a lot of sitting, squishing, sitting and more squishing.

I also hope that Cait makes it through school- she came down a few mins ago, saying she was dizzy and threw up a bit. But I can't drive her in to school late, nor will I be available to pick her up. Scott is going to Leah's so Gary will be without a car. His own darn fault for not getting the new battery for my car. Whatever!

But on a really good note-- my mom took the kids out for their annual shopping and dinner trip last night. They came back laughing and my mom said over and over how much fun they are. They really are and I love that they have such a good relationship with her.

Hugs and love and all that good stuff!!!!!
:love:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Looks like everyone is busy -- quiet in here! I told my neighbor as I was getting started cleaning his house-- I cannot wait until Dec 26th so I can enjoy Christmas! :rofl:

Trudy- ack! More rain! It poured here again too, but hey-- it wasn't snow so that was a good thing. Hope that the rain didn't bring down too many branches. With your drought over the summer, did it dry out the trees a lot?
I am *not* planning on going to the hospital for this PICC ever again!!!!! hahahah!! But if I have to, you will be sure that I will ask/beg/borrow/steal more caps.
Brendan was hoping to get tix to see a midnight showing of Star Wars and has been duly warned by Scott that if he sees it and spoils anything (Brendan is kinda famous for spoilers), he will kill him. :jedi:
I don't know if he did get to see it but I will have a jealous husband and son if he did.
Maple butter sounds divine!!!!!! I wish it wasn't so expensive too. It is way better than pancake syrup but who can afford $10+ for a little tiny bottle?

Rae- did you get those cards in the mail yet? Hope so!
Lists are my BFF too. As long as I can find them when I need them. Hope that you got yours straight so you don't forget anything, like your car insurance!
10 days of rain! Oh my!!!!! My basement would be so flooded that my house would float away. There is no rhyme or reason to this weather...

Have a FAB day my lOvelies!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies! It's crazy town here now. I have a million things to do and tons of work today, plus I have to get to the bank, renew insurance and go pay my biz license. I need to sort thru gifts later and get at least a few things at the mall tonight. I don't think I'll be sitting down to relax until about 10:00 tonight. So today's schedule is super busy.

Chris - yes, ha ha...finally got those cards mailed b/c I gave them to my daughter when she popped over yesterday and she put them in the mailbox on her way home. But....I forgot 2 people so one card goes to the U.S. so I'll need to pop into the drugstore PO to buy a U.S. Sstamp for it and the other card is to Taz's daycare so if I have time I will pop in to see them and drop it off tomorrow morning. I agree, the relationship with your kids and your mom is a special one. My kids miss their grandma so much, they have so many happy memories of her. She used to do special things with them all the time. I have a very special bond with my oldest GD (don't see the others as much so it's a bit different relationship), but with Bailey, we have a special relationship that is really close. With all of her addiction/drug/mental health issues (that's another story) she has struggled so much these past few years but I have always been there for her and will continue to do so. She's been clean for a few months so we hope things will turn around for her now. Anyway...enough of that story.

I've got to get going, tons to do and the sooner I get everything done, the sooner I can get home tonight to relax. Have a great day, everyone!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... Well no rain this morning but it was :smow: for much of the afternoon yesterday, then rain again so the snow is all gone now. Lots on the mountain tops around us though.

Chris - You have been very productive the last couple of days! Hope you manage to get the rest of your gifts wrapped and under the tree! It sure will be a load off of your shoulders when it is all done! Then the let down after Christmas is always a bummer, when you have spent so much time preparing and then its all over with so quickly! I always get a bit depressed when Christmas is all over with! Silly I know, but it is especially hard when the kids are not around for the holidays! Anyway enough of that kind of talk :becky: Did you find the puppy kisses smiley I imported for you yesterday? I hope that your day is filled with productiveness and that Cait does not end up having to come home from school!

I have already had my breakfast and chat with DD and Mason, they are off to the Dr this morning and the other Grandma is coming over to take them there. Nothing wrong with them, just a request for a letter so that DD can start taking Physio again. She needs some kind of outing as I think she is getting cabin fever stuck in that little house all the time. I am hoping to get my DH's desk calendar done today, wish me luck! Have a wonderful Friday everyone!! :wave:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Hi Rae... we cross posted again, I was face timing with DD during the middle of my post here, hope you get all your errands done today!! :wave:

ceeflower

Hiya everyone- one week to go!!!
Robbie has had a real bad cold and cough this week so was in bed Tuesday Wednesday and got up Thursday and went to centre today as it was his christmas dinner and he is now off for the two week christmas break. So I have had just one day to finish off the food shopping, all the amazon presents have arrived and will slowly get wrapped next week. The christmas tree will go up tomorrow. The freezer is full to bursting, so we are now going to chill. David and Richard are both working Christmas Eve but we will all be together Christmas Eve Night, Richard can stay two nights but needs to travel back on Boxing Day ready for a shift the next day.

David will do a fresh veg shop on Wednesday and Robbie and I will walk up for bread and milk.

If Robbie is fully recovered from his cold he has a treatment morning at the hospital on Tuesday(if not it will be postponed until after christmas) and he has a hair cut on Thursday, other than that let the relaxing time begin!

hope you all survive your Christmas preps, and have a lovely time,
has anyone heard from Kat- how was her flight and how is her Mum?
If you are reading this Kat sending you a big hug
Claire