Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, April 12

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Friday! Are you ready for the weekend? I am, at least for tomorrow. I am working on Sunday so I'd better get rested up on Saturday.
I got home yesterday and asked Gary when I last worked three days in a row. A long time ago. *nods*

How was your day? Mine was as busy as I had anticipated and was relieved when Gary suggested we order a pizza for dinner. Cleaning for my friend was fine. Then I got home, showered and washed my hair, grabbed a bite, and ran out the door to meet BFF. It was incredibly foggy driving out of town so I texted DD to be very careful driving home in the dark and rain. When I got back home a few hours later, it had cleared up so I texted again to tell her that it was better, feel free to drive willy-nilly LOL

:angrydriver:

Scott stopped in before I left to clean and showed us a few pictures of their time at Liberty Science Center with their nephew. He is the cutest little guy. I've said it before, but Scott loves being an uncle. I can't tell you how happy I am to see him so happy. (I bet you know how I feel anyway :D)

I am getting my hair cut and colored this morning. The grey is awful. I wasn't too crazy about the dark blond I got the last time so I might try a golden blond. That's at 9 am so I better wrap this up.

Sending you lots of hugs and wishes for a great Friday!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@JeanneMN Good job on getting your scrap stash organized. Did you start a page? Let us know and link to your Gallery so we can leave some love.
Your yard must be beautiful but the deer poop is awful. We occasionally get bears walking through the yard and it's easier to clean bear poop than deer. It is all in one place, one and done Bwuhahahah!
I wish that nurseries were more on top of invasives. I bought one pot of dead nettle last year and as it spread, I moved to a few other places in the yard. My Facebook feed's Suggested Pages are mostly plants and one that shows up is about invasive plants. Guess what dead nettle is? Ugh... I'll keep in it the raised beds but I won't put it on the side of the yard that borders the woods. Although if it could choke some of the poison ivy, I'd be happy :p

@vickyday One of my favorite days at preschool was Pajama Day- we all looked silly but comfy in our pjs :D I wish it was a little more acceptable to wear PJs to restaurants :rotfl:
Glad that the swelling is going down. How is the peeling? Make sure you moisturize and SPF!

@mywisecrafts That's one heck of a vacation destination list! It's not even like you could say Place 1 and Place 2 are similar so let's bump one off the list. Good luck!

@BrightEyes All of your family is doing great work getting you set up on the new computer and household upkeep. You must be so happy!
LOL-- I had the same struggle helping my parents with their cell phones the last time I was there. They have their bottom buttons set up opposite from mine and I kept hitting the wrong ones and then couldn't figure out how to get it all back. Then trying to find their Trash-- :/

@bcgal00 Oh noooooooooooooooo. All of that transferring of photos and the EHD crashed. That's awful :( Even though it is much better than losing everything 20-25% of your (always gorgeous) photos is still a lot.
How fun to be so active and making so many new friends! You have only been there for what, 5 months? You know more people than I do here and I've lived in the same house since 1995! :floorlaugh:

@Cherylndesigns Your poor toes! I know that you are itching to get that bench out of there, fingers are crossed that it is soon ♥
I have that same bench! My dad got it for me years ago after one of my surgeries and it's the best thing ever. The bars are starting to rust so I am excited to know they still make them.
The arms came in handy- that was why he picked that one out. I was unsteady after the surgery but I wasn't about to give up gardening. You'll love it!
And don;t forget to tell us what you got at the nursery!

xoxoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. I am waiting for an Amazon delivery this morning. The remote for my Samsung TV is dying. Changed batteries but that hasn't helped - so ordered a new one - actually ordered 2 of them. Jim and Charlie both said that was what I should do. I have already put a green tape on the back of the remote I have as the new ones looks just like the old one. I will tag them with different colored tapes, too. Hope they work like the ads promised.

I am still working on adding styles and actions to Elements19 and Elements24. Ended up having to load the programs from scratch (DVDs and downloaded files) so they are barebones... without all the stuff I had loaded into them. I am working on Elements19 first as Element24 kept freezing on me on the other computer. Don't need to deal with that while I am getting this new computer all set up. Setting up preferences in them, etc. I have to load my favorite fonts too. I thought I had lost my favorite shadows styles but did a search on the ExHD and found it!!! Whoo-whee!! :dancing6:

@faerywings WOW... you are one busy lady. So glad you are enjoying the classes and working with the homeschool kids. Yikes... I hate driving in fog. Glad it improved before you had to head back home.

@bcgal00 So very sorry you lost so many photos when the ExHD crashed. Oh, my goodness... you sure had made a lot of friends already. So happy for you. Hope that Jenn decides to stay with you for awhile longer.

@Cherylndesigns I had looked at that gardening bench a few years ago. Glad you have it... yes, it will be much easier to use rather than kneeling on a pad!! Hope weather is getting warm enough for you to put the bench together. We are still dropping down into the 30's at night so I haven't taken the garden hose out yet or uncovered the outside faucets.

@JeanneMN So glad to see you joining us here. Meant to say welcome earlier.

@mywisecrafts Woo-woo... that is some vacation list! Hope you get to go to alot of them.

@taxed4ever Miss seeing you pop in but know you are snowed under with helping the in-laws get ready for the move.

Coffee cup is empty and I need to get dressed. BBL

JeanneMN

@faerywings and all you other lovely ladies. I've only been here a few weeks and I have to tell you; you have made me feel so welcome and I am really enjoying myself. I all of my Anna Stuff organized and one kit from another designer. Still have a few more to go, let's say I stuck my toe in the pond here and fell face first into the treasures. I figured I should pause organizing and get a page going, I'm almost finished and have a question for you about it. I'm doing the rearrange the template challenge and have all of the template pieces in place, but I want to journal. Since the template doesn't have a spot for that, am I breaking the rules by adding it? Normally I'm not a rule follower, however I don't want to get thrown out either LOL... Hubs keeps saying, "are you STILL working on pictures." Yes dear, I will until I'm 200 and beyond. I also really feel like I've found my niche, I've never really enjoyed scrapping as much as I have now. I was always so tied up with the foo foo stuff on a template and intricate clusters and custom shadows that I was taking forever. My why has always been the pictures so I can page through them, while I'm not setting any land speed records scrapping, I do feel like even on my second page now it's gone together faster. I usually don't journal this much, but Key West memories are special.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

We had a fun day at the nursery yesterday. Adrien ne got several big plants for around the pool and I got two huge pots of Black Eyed Susan vines. I think, after we tie them up, they will be half way up each side. Last year, I just planted little ones, so I was thrilled to find these. I also got an asparagus fern to put in a pot that I'm going to keep on the porch. I want a couple of geraniums and a spike plant to put in there too but the nursery didn't have many annuals. I drug 3 massive pottery pots from Florida and gave them to her to put around the pool. She got 2 elephant ears (derivitives) that are gorgeous and a twisted hybiscus tree. She got 4 ferns but I didn't get any yet. The way my house faces, they get beat by the wind and the temp is still dipping down into the 40s some nights. Her porch sits an entirely different direction and has lots of protection. So, I'm waiting another week, maybe two.

I showed Adrienne where we were going to put the bench and she thought it was the perfect spot. Now that one of the grasses is cut down, it's even better. It will have a direct view to the mountains that Chuck loved so much and just outside his bedroom window. Chris @faerywings and Kay @BrightEyes I'm glad to hear that you both had those garden benches and you liked them. Mines coming tomorrow. We have some nice weather coming up and we're hoping to get the bench and totum put together in the next couple of weeks. We just can't take a chance on those nighttime temps dropping and the gorilla glue not setting.

Jeanne @JeanneMN we're so happy that you feel at home here at The O and that you enjoy our morning chats. Please let us know when you post your first page. I would ask the host of the template challenge about journaling. It's perfectly fine to post your question right in the thread. Better to ask than to do it wrong. Nice avi - love it; it looks like summer!

I'm going to bop out of here now and hope everybody has a great Friday.
XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Friday! Are you ready for the weekend? I am, at least for tomorrow. I am working on Sunday so I'd better get rested up on Saturday.
I got home yesterday and asked Gary when I last worked three days in a row. A long time ago. *nods*

How was your day? Mine was as busy as I had anticipated and was relieved when Gary suggested we order a pizza for dinner. Cleaning for my friend was fine. Then I got home, showered and washed my hair, grabbed a bite, and ran out the door to meet BFF. It was incredibly foggy driving out of town so I texted DD to be very careful driving home in the dark and rain. When I got back home a few hours later, it had cleared up so I texted again to tell her that it was better, feel free to drive willy-nilly LOL

:angrydriver:

Scott stopped in before I left to clean and showed us a few pictures of their time at Liberty Science Center with their nephew. He is the cutest little guy. I've said it before, but Scott loves being an uncle. I can't tell you how happy I am to see him so happy. (I bet you know how I feel anyway :D)

I am getting my hair cut and colored this morning. The grey is awful. I wasn't too crazy about the dark blond I got the last time so I might try a golden blond. That's at 9 am so I better wrap this up.

Sending you lots of hugs and wishes for a great Friday!
I hope you got before and after pics of your hair!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@JeanneMN Good job on getting your scrap stash organized. Did you start a page? Let us know and link to your Gallery so we can leave some love.
Your yard must be beautiful but the deer poop is awful. We occasionally get bears walking through the yard and it's easier to clean bear poop than deer. It is all in one place, one and done Bwuhahahah!
I wish that nurseries were more on top of invasives. I bought one pot of dead nettle last year and as it spread, I moved to a few other places in the yard. My Facebook feed's Suggested Pages are mostly plants and one that shows up is about invasive plants. Guess what dead nettle is? Ugh... I'll keep in it the raised beds but I won't put it on the side of the yard that borders the woods. Although if it could choke some of the poison ivy, I'd be happy :p

@vickyday One of my favorite days at preschool was Pajama Day- we all looked silly but comfy in our pjs :D I wish it was a little more acceptable to wear PJs to restaurants :rotfl:
Glad that the swelling is going down. How is the peeling? Make sure you moisturize and SPF!

@mywisecrafts That's one heck of a vacation destination list! It's not even like you could say Place 1 and Place 2 are similar so let's bump one off the list. Good luck!

@BrightEyes All of your family is doing great work getting you set up on the new computer and household upkeep. You must be so happy!
LOL-- I had the same struggle helping my parents with their cell phones the last time I was there. They have their bottom buttons set up opposite from mine and I kept hitting the wrong ones and then couldn't figure out how to get it all back. Then trying to find their Trash-- :/

@bcgal00 Oh noooooooooooooooo. All of that transferring of photos and the EHD crashed. That's awful :( Even though it is much better than losing everything 20-25% of your (always gorgeous) photos is still a lot.
How fun to be so active and making so many new friends! You have only been there for what, 5 months? You know more people than I do here and I've lived in the same house since 1995! :floorlaugh:

@Cherylndesigns Your poor toes! I know that you are itching to get that bench out of there, fingers are crossed that it is soon ♥
I have that same bench! My dad got it for me years ago after one of my surgeries and it's the best thing ever. The bars are starting to rust so I am excited to know they still make them.
The arms came in handy- that was why he picked that one out. I was unsteady after the surgery but I wasn't about to give up gardening. You'll love it!
And don;t forget to tell us what you got at the nursery!

xoxoxo
The face is almost back to normal! And the peeling is about done, too! I can't leave it alone, LOL!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I was not able to travel to be at my brother-in-law's memorial service (100 miles away) but his grandson had it recorded and put on a private channel so we could see it and be there in spirit this morning. It was held in our home town at the church we attended. It is a marvel that the family can be part of the gathering even though many of us are scattered so many miles apart. I am so thankful that I could share the time with family this morning.

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
Hi all,
It has been a busy 2 weeks for me. Last week was spring break for my 4 yo grandson and this week my DD and DH went to Universal studious. For spring break we had several days of keeping my grandson "entertained" on Monday, my grandson came down with a virus. I stayed with him Monday and Tuesday morning. Then his other grandma kept him until Wednesday. He was sick the entire time, fever, throwing up, etc. On Thursday, we picked him up from school and he was tired, but feeling better. Thursday evening we found out that Friday (today) was picture day at school and it was dress nicely day. We went to his house and picked out a shirt and pants for him to wear. It was a great day today. He didn't nap at preschool and then fell asleep at 4:45 pm. Of course he didn't go to bed until 10 pm! I am a happy grandma because while we were watching TV, he said to me "Gam, I am having a good time herel" That just warmed my heart!