Oscraps

Daily Ooos: February 24-25: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Weekend to you all!
I slept until 6 am! Woot! I am not exhausted this morning and I hope I can keep myself busy enough that I don't get slammed by it later on. That's what happened yesterday. I had a lot of energy in the morning, spent several hours on my taxes, and then was wiped out the rest of the day. At least they are done. Federal is filed and payment made, State needs Gary's signature and popped into the mail. We only owed $24 thank goodness. I was worried it would be much more than that since I cashed in the last of our wedding Treasury Bonds to pay for part of Jaida's surgery.
Staring at the computer screen for that long made me cross-eyed. I took a break from desk work, rounded up a few more things to donate, and then I had to scrap another Color Play page. I used Jenn's kit/collab and a photo of one of Caitlyn's first rats, Muffin. She is in a dig bucket-- grass sprouted in sterile potting soil- and she just loved digging in it. The photo was perfect for that kit, fresh green, white, and pink.

The NJ Botanical Gardens is having an Audubon-sponsored workshop tomorrow on how to make your yard attractive to nesting birds. It's close (15 minutes) and free (in my price range! LOL) so I might go to that. If the weather is decent enough I'll wander around the Winter Garden area to get some exercise and fresh air.

I don't have any plans today, is it awful that I wish I did? My house is clean from the party, I am slowly boxing up the stuff to donate. I *could* clean out my Faery-Wings supply closet since I haven't made anything in a long time. But that will be a big project and I am not sure I want to do it. In fact, I am sure I *don't* want to do it. :floorlaugh:

Time to go feed the dogs. I'll be back in a few to do personals :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday I hope you had some good scrap mojo! The color plays are hard to not be excited about.
That had to be very scary when DS passed out from POTS, thankfully I never did but it made me feel awful. Just standing still would make my pulse rate skyrocket, especially at the end of the day. Cooking dinner would leave me shaking and breathless.
Sorry that your day of errands was spent waiting in line. The printer sounds like an excellent choice. My parents go through the same thing with their inkjets.
How fun to get all of the yummy B&BW items. I got a B&BW Firecracker scented lotion from the FP and Caitlyn snatched that right up! After all of that walking, so smart to get home, put your feet up, and grocery shop online!
How was the new baby?? ♥

@BrightEyes How many CP pages did you scrap this time around? A lot? Of course, you did.
Hahaha, I guess when I think of Spring/Spring Forward I am focused solely on the longer days. It's been nice hearing the songbirds when I take the dogs out in the early morning. I can hear them but can't see them. I'm going to make sure I sit out there with my binoculars as soon as it's warmer.

OK-- it's now tomorrow- how many CP pages have you uploaded in the past 24 hours? :p

@Cherylndesigns DId you and Adrienne find any goodies at TJ Maxx? I love the one brand of jeans they carry but they are never in the store. I should suck it up and order them online since I have some GC's. I hate the free shipping is after $85. I could order more than I need, get the free shipping, and return what I don't need to the store itself. Maybe Caitlyn needs something there.
Other than the birds, I'm not seeing any signs of spring here but we are supposed to get near 50* this week. Hope you enjoy the nice weather as it comes.
Did the magnesium spray work at all?
(((((hugs))))) - it has to feel like this past month flew by for you, so many changes. You're doing great, I think Chuck would be proud. As you said, he wasn't going to leave you until he knew you'd be ok.

xoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Weekend to you all!
I slept until 6 am! Woot! I am not exhausted this morning and I hope I can keep myself busy enough that I don't get slammed by it later on. That's what happened yesterday. I had a lot of energy in the morning, spent several hours on my taxes, and then was wiped out the rest of the day. At least they are done. Federal is filed and payment made, State needs Gary's signature and popped into the mail. We only owed $24 thank goodness. I was worried it would be much more than that since I cashed in the last of our wedding Treasury Bonds to pay for part of Jaida's surgery.
Staring at the computer screen for that long made me cross-eyed. I took a break from desk work, rounded up a few more things to donate, and then I had to scrap another Color Play page. I used Jenn's kit/collab and a photo of one of Caitlyn's first rats, Muffin. She is in a dig bucket-- grass sprouted in sterile potting soil- and she just loved digging in it. The photo was perfect for that kit, fresh green, white, and pink.

The NJ Botanical Gardens is having an Audubon-sponsored workshop tomorrow on how to make your yard attractive to nesting birds. It's close (15 minutes) and free (in my price range! LOL) so I might go to that. If the weather is decent enough I'll wander around the Winter Garden area to get some exercise and fresh air.

I don't have any plans today, is it awful that I wish I did? My house is clean from the party, I am slowly boxing up the stuff to donate. I *could* clean out my Faery-Wings supply closet since I haven't made anything in a long time. But that will be a big project and I am not sure I want to do it. In fact, I am sure I *don't* want to do it. :floorlaugh:

Time to go feed the dogs. I'll be back in a few to do personals :)
You should totally do the Audubon thing!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday I hope you had some good scrap mojo! The color plays are hard to not be excited about.
That had to be very scary when DS passed out from POTS, thankfully I never did but it made me feel awful. Just standing still would make my pulse rate skyrocket, especially at the end of the day. Cooking dinner would leave me shaking and breathless.
Sorry that your day of errands was spent waiting in line. The printer sounds like an excellent choice. My parents go through the same thing with their inkjets.
How fun to get all of the yummy B&BW items. I got a B&BW Firecracker scented lotion from the FP and Caitlyn snatched that right up! After all of that walking, so smart to get home, put your feet up, and grocery shop online!
How was the new baby?? ♥

@BrightEyes How many CP pages did you scrap this time around? A lot? Of course, you did.
Hahaha, I guess when I think of Spring/Spring Forward I am focused solely on the longer days. It's been nice hearing the songbirds when I take the dogs out in the early morning. I can hear them but can't see them. I'm going to make sure I sit out there with my binoculars as soon as it's warmer.

OK-- it's now tomorrow- how many CP pages have you uploaded in the past 24 hours? :p

@Cherylndesigns DId you and Adrienne find any goodies at TJ Maxx? I love the one brand of jeans they carry but they are never in the store. I should suck it up and order them online since I have some GC's. I hate the free shipping is after $85. I could order more than I need, get the free shipping, and return what I don't need to the store itself. Maybe Caitlyn needs something there.
Other than the birds, I'm not seeing any signs of spring here but we are supposed to get near 50* this week. Hope you enjoy the nice weather as it comes.
Did the magnesium spray work at all?
(((((hugs))))) - it has to feel like this past month flew by for you, so many changes. You're doing great, I think Chuck would be proud. As you said, he wasn't going to leave you until he knew you'd be ok.

xoxo
Unfortunately I didn't make it to Ilene's yesterday. I'll update everyone in my post below.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
So yesterday turned into a stressful nightmare for me.
Got up to get ready to go to Ilene's after my post yesterday. Brushed my teeth......what in the world? The thrush is back!
I panicked, that's all there is to it! I immediately called the doctor. The receptionist said I could come in on Monday. What??? I NEED TO SEE HER TODAY!!! I didn't say that but that's what my mind said! I told her that I had been treated for thrush a week ago and it is back. Could she please at least talk to the doctor and see what she suggests! She said she would and would call me back. I waited all day. No callback! I messaged the doctor on the patient portal. I didn't hear anything. I am not a happy camper!

During my panic and waiting on a callback I looked up how to treat thrush. I went to a site that suggested 10 natural remedies for treating thrush. When I had it the first time I had thoughts that maybe salt would do something to the yeast since I thought I knew that sugar helped yeast to grow. Well, the very first item on the natural remedies list was salt! Fix a cup of warm water and dissolve 1/2 tsp. of salt into it. Swish it around in my mouth and spit it out. Then rinse. I decided to try that. The article didn't say how many times to do it but I decided to do it 3 times a day.

I kept reading different things, even finding a very restrictive Candidas diet! But everything I read said sugar was a definite no no. So, I had just steeped some tea bags to fix a half gallon of sweet tea. I dumped it down the drain. I dumped what was left in the fridge down the drain. I dumped what was left in my glass down the drain. I drank bottled water only for the rest of the day. Well, that isn't entirely true. I read that unsweetened cranberry juice is OK. Mark stopped and got me some that had Stevia in it, which is allowed. One of the other natural remedies listed was plain yogurt. But other sites said yogurt was not proven to help get rid of thrush. Mark bought me a couple Chobani greek yogurt. They were zero sugar (Stevia) flavored blueberry and strawberry. Berries are allowed in small quantities.

So, I hard-boiled some eggs yesterday, since they are allowed. I had a small salad for lunch (no egg) and a little larger salad for supper with egg. I ate an individual bag of ruffles wavy potato chips in the evening.....mainly for the salt aspect. I ended up having to get up sometime during the night with an upset stomach and acid indigestion and had to take some famotidine.

Today I have decided I would eat what I want, being mindful of the sugar content, and do the salt water rinse right after I eat. The good news is that the thrush IS indeed better today! Thank You, Lord!

So, I didn't make it to Ilene's yesterday. And as it turns out, the new great grandbaby and momma weren't home for us to see, anyway, @faerywings .

I'm a bit perturbed that I did not hear back from the doctor's office at all. The courteous thing to have been done was to call me back and tell me I would just have to make an appointment for Monday! Anyway.....hopefully the salt rinse will take care of it. Pray it does!

Hoping everyone has a great weekend and that mine ends better than it started! :heartpumppink: :bye2:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning... I feel asleep at 9:30 PM but woke up at 12:15AM and couldn't go back to sleep. So up at 1AM until 2AM and got the Color Play LOs loaded. Went back to bed and sleep until 7AM. I'm sure I will be dragging by this evening. @faerywings - Chis, I did 10 CP pages from 8 collections. Yes, I saw your precious LO with the rat from Joyful Heart's CP! I was LOL over it. So cute! Urban Oasis by Daydream was so wonderful to work with that I had to create 2 LOs with it. I may have to play around with it again as there are so many fabulous papers and city accents/brushes. I love the theme of a peaceful space in a city.... And I just noticed that Lynn is sponsoring a Color Play challenge with Growth Can Be Hard by her and Racheal. Oooohh... it looks so interesting that I may have to work with that one. It seems to follow along the same theme as the Art Journaling theme this month... Discovery and growth.
I did spend a bit of time moving scrapping files around on the computer last evening. I have a "Working" folder for those files I just downloaded and need to make LOs with. Once I have made the LOs and actually upload the files to the galleries, I do a copy to the ExHD and then move them over to the "Scrapping" folder.

The temp is suppose to actually get up to 70F!!! on Monday but is still getting down to around freezing at night! So will keep the outside faucet covers on for awhile longer. I need to reset the drip-system back on to water twice a week until it gets and stays warmer. And I need to get out and trim the dead leaves from my potted daylilies once it is a bit warmer, too. And call my grandson to see when he can come over and clean up the leaves and spray the weeds. He has all the yard-cleaning stuff and did a good job the last time he did it for me.

Oh, shoot... I just remembered I had not turned the heat up yet and it is too cool to take my shower. Back later with personals.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Just popping in to say hi. I've been busy with trip plans. Got suitcases packed, got all documents from travel agent and booked our limo ride out to the airport. Got US money to bring, didn't bother with Argentina money, most places take credit card or US money. I'm heading out to visit an old friend whom I haven't seen in about 12 yrs, she left the Vancouver area to move back to the Calgary area where her family lives. Tomorrow I will clear the house as it'll be sitting for 3 wks so want to start off as clean as possible. I'll charge camera batteries and get all the camera gear packed. Not too much left to do now. We leave Tues.

I'm going to work on my March challenge which I'll get posted into the draft area so it'll be ready for Ona to move over for me. I won't be back home until late on the 16th or 17th depending on flight.

Time to get ready to head out for the day. HAGD everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Just popping in to say hi. I've been busy with trip plans. Got suitcases packed, got all documents from travel agent and booked our limo ride out to the airport. Got US money to bring, didn't bother with Argentina money, most places take credit card or US money. I'm heading out to visit an old friend whom I haven't seen in about 12 yrs, she left the Vancouver area to move back to the Calgary area where her family lives. Tomorrow I will clear the house as it'll be sitting for 3 wks so want to start off as clean as possible. I'll charge camera batteries and get all the camera gear packed. Not too much left to do now. We leave Tues.

I'm going to work on my March challenge which I'll get posted into the draft area so it'll be ready for Ona to move over for me. I won't be back home until late on the 16th or 17th depending on flight.

Time to get ready to head out for the day. HAGD everyone.
How exciting, Rae! I hope you have a safe and super fun time!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning... I feel asleep at 9:30 PM but woke up at 12:15AM and couldn't go back to sleep. So up at 1AM until 2AM and got the Color Play LOs loaded. Went back to bed and sleep until 7AM. I'm sure I will be dragging by this evening. @faerywings - Chis, I did 10 CP pages from 8 collections. Yes, I saw your precious LO with the rat from Joyful Heart's CP! I was LOL over it. So cute! Urban Oasis by Daydream was so wonderful to work with that I had to create 2 LOs with it. I may have to play around with it again as there are so many fabulous papers and city accents/brushes. I love the theme of a peaceful space in a city.... And I just noticed that Lynn is sponsoring a Color Play challenge with Growth Can Be Hard by her and Racheal. Oooohh... it looks so interesting that I may have to work with that one. It seems to follow along the same theme as the Art Journaling theme this month... Discovery and growth.
I did spend a bit of time moving scrapping files around on the computer last evening. I have a "Working" folder for those files I just downloaded and need to make LOs with. Once I have made the LOs and actually upload the files to the galleries, I do a copy to the ExHD and then move them over to the "Scrapping" folder.

The temp is suppose to actually get up to 70F!!! on Monday but is still getting down to around freezing at night! So will keep the outside faucet covers on for awhile longer. I need to reset the drip-system back on to water twice a week until it gets and stays warmer. And I need to get out and trim the dead leaves from my potted daylilies once it is a bit warmer, too. And call my grandson to see when he can come over and clean up the leaves and spray the weeds. He has all the yard-cleaning stuff and did a good job the last time he did it for me.

Oh, shoot... I just remembered I had not turned the heat up yet and it is too cool to take my shower. Back later with personals.
Don't you hate nights like that? I usually give up and just get back up, too! I usually sleep really well the following night! I'm sure you will, too!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Morning all,
I had a better night's sleep finally. Chris @faerywings I decided to be proactive last night and put that Magnesium spray on my legs before I went to bed. It actually made them feel warm and it was a nice feeling. I'm going to continue to use it - I also put it on my arms too, because occasionally I have restless arms.

Adrienne and I didn't find a whole lot yesterday. I was looking for a specific bowl or basket (small-ish_ to set on my kitchen counter. I'm always looking for my sunglasses at the last minute and decided to have a little "catch all". I also wanted a really cute little notebook and I was going to keep a pen in there. I found the cutest brown wrought iron basket with a white lining and little bows at the handles. I also found an adorable little notebook with a pen holder on the side. YAY. I have my emery board in there too, because I hate snaggy nails. I know I'll add more stuff as I go along.

How the notebook idea got started was just as I was walking out the door, my phone rang and it was a man from GM Benefits! I had been expecting a call, and just happened to have some blank papers laying on the bar. He had a bunch of info to give me and he's my new Case Manager. He's going to "walk me through the process" and will be calling me from time to time. He gave me the Reference # and his personal number. Boy, was I glad I got that call before I got in the car. What a huge sigh of relief - he told me not to worry about anything that it would all be worked out. SO, I decided I needed a notebook and pen right there in the kitchen for the next calls I get.

I have to run, but will try to get back on here. Adrienne just called and wants me to ride with her to the airport to pick up Roger. We're leaving in an hour. LOL

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Nothing new on my end here. I'm doing the 100 Days challenge and I chose photography. It's been fun and I started a blog for my pictures.

Ohh - on the lifestyle change front - I'm officially down 25 lbs from my WW app! :) I have not been good about exercise, but I am working on it!

I've spent the last few days getting caught up on my Project 52 and doing my Disney pages. They take up 4 pages!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
hello O-Fam! Greetings from sunny yet frigid NJ. It's 14* -- so if any of you have some warmer weather to spare, send it here. I just checked the forecast for the upcoming week is either going to be sunny and very cold or warm(er) and rainy. I guess I am jumping the gun with expectations of spring weather but dang, I can't wait.

My plan-free day stayed plan-free for the most part but I was able to get a few things done around here. My friend asked if I wanted to go for a walk and I jumped at that. We did a brisk -- pace and temperature- 2-mile walk. My face was so cold from the wind. by the time we were done. I helped Caitlyn with her taxes and I boxed up a few more things to donate. Small things to be sure but at least I wasn't sitting at my desk the entire day.
Gary's on a bit of a downslide so I'm pretty sure that I'll be going to the Audubon workshop. I'll make myself too stressed out if I stay here all day.

Other than that, I'll be getting ready for the upcoming week. It's going to be a little busier than last week which is a good thing.

HAGD! ♥

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Oh no, so sorry that your mouth is a mess again :( Can you get to a CVS Minute Clinic or something similar? My insurance has Virtual Visits, no appt needed.
Yup, the anti-Candida diet is really difficult to follow- BTDT. No carbs! :wow2: We've never been able to stick to it. Hope that the diet and rinses help. Were you able to get acidophilus?
As for Drs calling back, it seems like that happens all of the time, sorry that you are dealing with that, it is frustrating for sure.

@BrightEyes You are Color Play Obsessed LOL! 10 pages!! My mojo is kind of sputtering out lately.
Enjoy the warm temps this week. I want spring to get here already but we'll still get snow in March.

@bcgal00 Have a fantastic trip!!

@Cherylndesigns So good to hear that the magnesium spray helped your legs. Can you share the brand, please?
Hehe, I am a big fan of catchall baskets. I have a metal one on my kitchen island, but what's in it besides scotch tape? No idea! The last time I dumped it out there were several bouncy balls at the bottom along with some batteries of unknown strength.
I am really glad that you have a case manager to help you with that process. Between him and Roger, you should be in good hands from the paperwork standpoint. Your girls have your back on the emotional side.

@pachimac Congrats on 25 lbs!!!!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Oh no, so sorry that your mouth is a mess again :( Can you get to a CVS Minute Clinic or something similar? My insurance has Virtual Visits, no appt needed.
Yup, the anti-Candida diet is really difficult to follow- BTDT. No carbs! :wow2: We've never been able to stick to it. Hope that the diet and rinses help. Were you able to get acidophilus?
As for Drs calling back, it seems like that happens all of the time, sorry that you are dealing with that, it is frustrating for sure.

@BrightEyes You are Color Play Obsessed LOL! 10 pages!! My mojo is kind of sputtering out lately.
Enjoy the warm temps this week. I want spring to get here already but we'll still get snow in March.

@bcgal00 Have a fantastic trip!!

@Cherylndesigns So good to hear that the magnesium spray helped your legs. Can you share the brand, please?
Hehe, I am a big fan of catchall baskets. I have a metal one on my kitchen island, but what's in it besides scotch tape? No idea! The last time I dumped it out there were several bouncy balls at the bottom along with some batteries of unknown strength.
I am really glad that you have a case manager to help you with that process. Between him and Roger, you should be in good hands from the paperwork standpoint. Your girls have your back on the emotional side.

@pachimac Congrats on 25 lbs!!!!!
The doctor answered my message yesterday morning to my surprise. She called in another prescription for Nystatin which I already have which helped but didn't cure. I told her I was doing the salt rinse and eliminating the sweet tea and coffee (since I can't drink it without using french vanilla creamer). She said she didn't know about the salt rinse but was glad to hear that I stopped the sweet tea. She also said if I was going to be upset with anyone for not getting back to me I needed to be upset with her because the receptionist did send her a message but she didn't get around to it. In any case I had a headache all day yesterday but so far not today. The tongue looks better so I will continue with the salt rinse for now and avoid as much sugar as I can. I do the rinse after I eat just in case there was any sugar in my food.

I don't know about the CVS minute clinic. I will have to check into it.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Had a very good night's sleep... 9 hours!!! Whoo-whee!!! Woke up at 6AM to a bright full moon shining down and lighting up the neighborhood. I thought about trying to get a photo of it - but it is freezing outside and my camera disk is almost completely full. I need to decide on looking for the disk for my camera or buying a new camera that uses the new larger size disk. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!! Not sure what I will be doing for this week's 100 AJ challenge. I should take the time to sort through the photos that I scanned in from Mom's albums. I dumped them into a few folders - but really need to sort them into mom's family, dad's family, their earlier years, etc. And get them labeled with who, what, when if I know that.

DD#2 called yesterday and we must have talked for a couple of hours. What a wonderful time it was to catch up on what is going on with her and her hubby. She works from home so I have to rely on her to call me when she has time to chat.

I managed to walk up and down my block yesterday (walking very much causes muscle spasms in back) and discovered that my side of the street doesn't have the cable connection boxes yet .... just round covers over where the boxes will go. Glad to know that it isn't just my place that needs to boxes put in. The crew has moved on around the corner and on to the street behind mine. Guess I should start working on LOs about the "JOY of having them laying cable"!!! Will have to look for a kit/collection that I can use for that story! :rotfl: Since I have 75+ photos of that, I really need to tackle that project before I forget what happened...:floorlaugh: It is wonderful to not have the street clogged with big trucks and machinery.

@faerywings Glad you had a fairly stress-free no plans day yesterday. Good that you got to spend some time out walking with you friend. So sorry that Gary is on the down-slide. Hope this bout with Lime starts improving soon. Yes, I remember when we lived on Long Island, NY, that the winters seem to last almost 5 months and spring was so late arriving. :hug1:

@pachimac -Susie, love the new avatar... such a great photo and congrats on losing those 25 lbs!!! So proud of you, gal!!

@vickyday Glad to hear that the salt treatment seems to be helping some with the thrush.

@Cherylndesigns So good that you now have a manager assigned to you to help you get through some of the paperwork. And, YES, a notebook by the phone so you can write down details of things to do, things done, etc is the best way to keep track of everything. I still have my yellow paper pad of notes from when DH passed.

Need another cup of :coffeedrinker:then check out the store for a collection to use for "cable installation" story. HAGD

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had a great time visiting with a friend on the other side of Calgary, whom I haven't seen in years (since she left BC). We never shut up for about 6 hrs LOL. We had a lot say :) After lunch (Philly Cheesesteak poutine) we stopped at a cookie bakery that she recommended and I picked up a six pack of oversized yummy cookies. My fave is the lemon.

IMG_4198-L.jpg

I'm working on the little details for the trip. I feel good about the progress, not much left to do. I want to be completely packed tomorrow and then Tues morning will do a final double check before limo arrives for us. Our fingers are crossed because Argentina has been protesting the new government and the unions are on strike (including the airport) when we arrive and the people are protesting all over the city, putting up roadblocks. We hope our plane will be able to land and that we will be able to get to our hotel. I expect it will be a nightmare. Not sure if our luggage will make it. I will have essentials with me in carry on. I had no idea the new government was making so many changes that the people are pushing back now.

Today I will get my March challenge posted in the draft area. Other than that, no scrapping for me until we return.

@pachimac WTG Susie...be proud!

@faerywings Sorry to hear that Gary is doing so poorly. You go to the workshop and enjoy it.

I'd better go, lots of little things to do today and want to get Remi over to the park later. HAGD everyone and if I don't pop in before I go, take care, and see you later in March.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning all,
I'd better hurry or it will be afternoon. Oh well, who cares??? I have a busy day today - Alyssa, her BFF and I are goinbrunch this afternoon and Adrienne just invited everybody to have dinner together at 7. There will be lots of eating today. Alyssa also wants to go to WM in between brunch and dinner. Daisy needs dogfood and I need a couple of things, food wise. Chuck had 30 pound bags of dog/cat food on regular order from Amazon, but I cancelled his account which was just about to renew. Anyway, I'll either have to have them sent from my account, or just buy a big bag at WM when we go. One of the "muscle girls" is usually with me, so it's like picking up a pack of M&M's to them. LOL

Yesterday turned into a pretty full day. We were just going to the airport to pick up Roger, but the plane got delayed a couple of hours. He flew private and the plane came into our little airport right here in town. They had fifty mile an hour headwinds coming here, so the fuel was getting low and they had to refuel in Mississippi. I guess that took awhile. He said the airport was REALLY small and not very well staffed. The airport in FL doesn't always have a private plane available, so sometimes he has to fly commercial, but they had one available this weekend. Man, was it rough inside - they're starting to refinish it and it looked like a hollow shell inside. He said it was really cold too, because there was no insulation. Roger never gets cold, so it must have been.

inside-2.jpginside-of-plane.jpg

Hey, I'd still take this over flying commercial.

Chris @faerywings what's in my basket? My notebook w/pen, my sunglasses (which I'm always hunting for at the last minute), my glasses case (ditto) an emery board (because my nails are always snaggy) and a flashlight. My gloves will go in there if it gets cold again. Kay @BrightEyes my previous notes are also on a yellow legal pad - I like the 5x7 size. I scanned everything I thought I'd need (into my phone) - all of the pertinent cards, passwords, phone numbers (Chuck left me quite a concise list of everything - it's just a matter of getting through the list.) Roger and I pass the papers back and forth, so I scanned what I think I'll need here.

Vicky @vickyday hope your thrush is better. Rae @bcgal00 safe travels and good luck in Argentina. We flew into bad situations twice and once, there was an overthrow of the government while we were there (in Jamaica) and we didn't know if we'd get out or not, but we did. We've walked through soldiers standing on both sides with machine guns - that was scary. Chuck has been in lots of scary places when he traveled for the company he worked for. I used to worry the whole time he was gone.

Hugs to everybody and HAGD.

XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Had a very good night's sleep... 9 hours!!! Whoo-whee!!! Woke up at 6AM to a bright full moon shining down and lighting up the neighborhood. I thought about trying to get a photo of it - but it is freezing outside and my camera disk is almost completely full. I need to decide on looking for the disk for my camera or buying a new camera that uses the new larger size disk. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!! Not sure what I will be doing for this week's 100 AJ challenge. I should take the time to sort through the photos that I scanned in from Mom's albums. I dumped them into a few folders - but really need to sort them into mom's family, dad's family, their earlier years, etc. And get them labeled with who, what, when if I know that.

DD#2 called yesterday and we must have talked for a couple of hours. What a wonderful time it was to catch up on what is going on with her and her hubby. She works from home so I have to rely on her to call me when she has time to chat.

I managed to walk up and down my block yesterday (walking very much causes muscle spasms in back) and discovered that my side of the street doesn't have the cable connection boxes yet .... just round covers over where the boxes will go. Glad to know that it isn't just my place that needs to boxes put in. The crew has moved on around the corner and on to the street behind mine. Guess I should start working on LOs about the "JOY of having them laying cable"!!! Will have to look for a kit/collection that I can use for that story! :rotfl: Since I have 75+ photos of that, I really need to tackle that project before I forget what happened...:floorlaugh: It is wonderful to not have the street clogged with big trucks and machinery.

@faerywings Glad you had a fairly stress-free no plans day yesterday. Good that you got to spend some time out walking with you friend. So sorry that Gary is on the down-slide. Hope this bout with Lime starts improving soon. Yes, I remember when we lived on Long Island, NY, that the winters seem to last almost 5 months and spring was so late arriving. :hug1:

@pachimac -Susie, love the new avatar... such a great photo and congrats on losing those 25 lbs!!! So proud of you, gal!!

@vickyday Glad to hear that the salt treatment seems to be helping some with the thrush.

@Cherylndesigns So good that you now have a manager assigned to you to help you get through some of the paperwork. And, YES, a notebook by the phone so you can write down details of things to do, things done, etc is the best way to keep track of everything. I still have my yellow paper pad of notes from when DH passed.

Need another cup of :coffeedrinker:then check out the store for a collection to use for "cable installation" story. HAGD
I wanted to do some walking today but my back is bothering me for some reason so I'm not going to push it.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning all,
I'd better hurry or it will be afternoon. Oh well, who cares??? I have a busy day today - Alyssa, her BFF and I are goinbrunch this afternoon and Adrienne just invited everybody to have dinner together at 7. There will be lots of eating today. Alyssa also wants to go to WM in between brunch and dinner. Daisy needs dogfood and I need a couple of things, food wise. Chuck had 30 pound bags of dog/cat food on regular order from Amazon, but I cancelled his account which was just about to renew. Anyway, I'll either have to have them sent from my account, or just buy a big bag at WM when we go. One of the "muscle girls" is usually with me, so it's like picking up a pack of M&M's to them. LOL

Yesterday turned into a pretty full day. We were just going to the airport to pick up Roger, but the plane got delayed a couple of hours. He flew private and the plane came into our little airport right here in town. They had fifty mile an hour headwinds coming here, so the fuel was getting low and they had to refuel in Mississippi. I guess that took awhile. He said the airport was REALLY small and not very well staffed. The airport in FL doesn't always have a private plane available, so sometimes he has to fly commercial, but they had one available this weekend. Man, was it rough inside - they're starting to refinish it and it looked like a hollow shell inside. He said it was really cold too, because there was no insulation. Roger never gets cold, so it must have been.

View attachment 413685View attachment 413687

Hey, I'd still take this over flying commercial.

Chris @faerywings what's in my basket? My notebook w/pen, my sunglasses (which I'm always hunting for at the last minute), my glasses case (ditto) an emery board (because my nails are always snaggy) and a flashlight. My gloves will go in there if it gets cold again. Kay @BrightEyes my previous notes are also on a yellow legal pad - I like the 5x7 size. I scanned everything I thought I'd need (into my phone) - all of the pertinent cards, passwords, phone numbers (Chuck left me quite a concise list of everything - it's just a matter of getting through the list.) Roger and I pass the papers back and forth, so I scanned what I think I'll need here.

Vicky @vickyday hope your thrush is better. Rae @bcgal00 safe travels and good luck in Argentina. We flew into bad situations twice and once, there was an overthrow of the government while we were there (in Jamaica) and we didn't know if we'd get out or not, but we did. We've walked through soldiers standing on both sides with machine guns - that was scary. Chuck has been in lots of scary places when he traveled for the company he worked for. I used to worry the whole time he was gone.

Hugs to everybody and HAGD.

XOXO
I'm surprised by the inside of the plane and surprised they flew it like that!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm surprised by the inside of the plane and surprised they flew it like that!
Roger is co-owner of soon to be a third Aircraft Maintenance/small airports in Florida. Both pilots are well-seasoned, too. They don't take any chances. They're in the process of refurbishing the whole inside of this plane, which the company just bought. Here's a couple of pictures of the outside. I probably should have posted them, too. :giggle4:

plane-1.jpgplane-2.jpg

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Chris @faerywings I just emailed you some information on the Magnesium spray. There's no label on my bottle, but there's a lot of information about the product. I took a picture of it and uploaded it to Amazon. I sent you what I think I'm going to order the next time. Ava got this at some roadside antique barn, so there's no name on it. It's hard to tell where she got it - probably in Arkansas. LOL

Our Farmers' Market is opening any weekend now, so I'll take my bottle there and see if anybody has any, or I know I can get it on Amazon.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Roger is co-owner of soon to be a third Aircraft Maintenance/small airports in Florida. Both pilots are well-seasoned, too. They don't take any chances. They're in the process of refurbishing the whole inside of this plane, which the company just bought. Here's a couple of pictures of the outside. I probably should have posted them, too. :giggle4:

View attachment 413698View attachment 413699
Wow! It looks like a super sonic jet! Cool!