Oscraps

Daily Ooos: February 17-18: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy weekend!! Hope everyone slept well and is doing great today.

As for me-- What's the saying about best-laid plans? :p
Yup, all of mine seem to be going by the wayside. My original plan was to attempt the FP one more time only going later after the initial rush was over. Wait. Back up-- my first original plan was that I was supposed to be working at a Scout Maple Sugaring program which was canceled. Then I was going to the FP. Thursday, Cait informed me that we were meeting my mom at her house and going out to lunch. FP or lunch with my mom and Cait? Not even a close decision. That was my plan when I went to bed. I woke up at 4.30 (again!! I hate this!) and then heard the plows come through at 5. So much for "just a dusting" of snow. :mad: It's only a couple of inches here but south of me got slammed. I know my mom will not want us on the roads even if it stops early enough. I have to drive past an old ski resort to get to her house and I know it will only make her worry.

I guess this gives me time to get working on the party. The one on Tuesday that was on, then off, then back on again in a matter of a couple of hours yesterday. My MIL has been sick and with unexplained pain since November., Every test she has had comes back "normal" but whatever it is, it's flaring up again. Plus she was exposed to Covid the day before so she told us to go ahead without them. Unfortunately, their two characters were in the Must Have /Potential Suspects category. I could have switched their people to Gary and Cait but I felt bad about leaving them out. Caitlyn came up with the perfect solution- she invited the other couple in their Crew. Then when my ILs are on their feet, we can play again with another variation.

So far the bridal shower planning is much easier LOL! I was able to get in touch with all of the immediate family and the date works for every one of them. I'll send out Save the Date e-cards this weekend.

Upsidedown, cattywampus, topsy-turvy. Look up any of these words in the dictionary and you'll find my bewildered face

20016179.png

:rotfl:

Love to you all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Lindaaaa! Just a shout-out that we miss you!

@vickyday J hates the Roomba too and I haven't used mine since her surgery, trying not to freak her out too much. She doesn't like the regular vacuum but at least she can see that I am controlling it.
Are the new pills small, round, and brown? If so, it might be a pill form of nystatin.
I hope that the PT gets easier for you over time, you don't realize how hard you are working until it's over.
Eep. I hope Mark makes the safest decisions about those trees.

@pachimac That sounds shocking/not shocking about the cauliflower pizza and the carbs. When Gary first went on the insulin pump, he had to be careful about counting cards and we were both astounded at how "healthy" foods were often not good choices. This was way before health food/alternative foods became popular. It has to be difficult with so many choices.

@bcgal00 How nice to visit with D's cousin. Lots to catch up on! I don't think I even know 25 people, let alone go out with them all. LOL! Good luck packing, you are probably a pro at this point. *fingers crossed that the penguin trip comes through*
-5* and not buttoning your coat.... you'll catch a cold! :D

@taxed4ever Thank you again for sharing the asparagus recipe. I added smoked cheddar to my grocery order for next week.
Darn, I knew it was Heather'sb-day and that Sadie's is the same as my niece's. Please give Heather our birthday wishes. ♥
What a mess of the blinds situation. I hope that the new and *correct* ones get installed soon.

@BrightEyes Sheesh, your street must be a mess. Did the cable people say how long it will take (and then add some extra time to it *wink* ) to finish?
I use a reacher too but mostly b/c I am short.

@Cherylndesigns I am sending you really big hugs. I wish that the paperwork and red tape didn't have to be so darn hard. :(
I can tell you you are trying to take care of yourself and that makes me glad. Don't forget that you have a family that adores you and will do everything they can to help. So if you need to nap a few times -- that is OK- and ask for help. Although I bet Ava calls/visits every day to check-in. Adrienne no doubt either.

Lots of love to you all!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy weekend!! Hope everyone slept well and is doing great today.

As for me-- What's the saying about best-laid plans? :p
Yup, all of mine seem to be going by the wayside. My original plan was to attempt the FP one more time only going later after the initial rush was over. Wait. Back up-- my first original plan was that I was supposed to be working at a Scout Maple Sugaring program which was canceled. Then I was going to the FP. Thursday, Cait informed me that we were meeting my mom at her house and going out to lunch. FP or lunch with my mom and Cait? Not even a close decision. That was my plan when I went to bed. I woke up at 4.30 (again!! I hate this!) and then heard the plows come through at 5. So much for "just a dusting" of snow. :mad: It's only a couple of inches here but south of me got slammed. I know my mom will not want us on the roads even if it stops early enough. I have to drive past an old ski resort to get to her house and I know it will only make her worry.

I guess this gives me time to get working on the party. The one on Tuesday that was on, then off, then back on again in a matter of a couple of hours yesterday. My MIL has been sick and with unexplained pain since November., Every test she has had comes back "normal" but whatever it is, it's flaring up again. Plus she was exposed to Covid the day before so she told us to go ahead without them. Unfortunately, their two characters were in the Must Have /Potential Suspects category. I could have switched their people to Gary and Cait but I felt bad about leaving them out. Caitlyn came up with the perfect solution- she invited the other couple in their Crew. Then when my ILs are on their feet, we can play again with another variation.

So far the bridal shower planning is much easier LOL! I was able to get in touch with all of the immediate family and the date works for every one of them. I'll send out Save the Date e-cards this weekend.

Upsidedown, cattywampus, topsy-turvy. Look up any of these words in the dictionary and you'll find my bewildered face

20016179.png

:rotfl:

Love to you all!
One step at a time!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Lindaaaa! Just a shout-out that we miss you!

@vickyday J hates the Roomba too and I haven't used mine since her surgery, trying not to freak her out too much. She doesn't like the regular vacuum but at least she can see that I am controlling it.
Are the new pills small, round, and brown? If so, it might be a pill form of nystatin.
I hope that the PT gets easier for you over time, you don't realize how hard you are working until it's over.
Eep. I hope Mark makes the safest decisions about those trees.

@pachimac That sounds shocking/not shocking about the cauliflower pizza and the carbs. When Gary first went on the insulin pump, he had to be careful about counting cards and we were both astounded at how "healthy" foods were often not good choices. This was way before health food/alternative foods became popular. It has to be difficult with so many choices.

@bcgal00 How nice to visit with D's cousin. Lots to catch up on! I don't think I even know 25 people, let alone go out with them all. LOL! Good luck packing, you are probably a pro at this point. *fingers crossed that the penguin trip comes through*
-5* and not buttoning your coat.... you'll catch a cold! :D

@taxed4ever Thank you again for sharing the asparagus recipe. I added smoked cheddar to my grocery order for next week.
Darn, I knew it was Heather'sb-day and that Sadie's is the same as my niece's. Please give Heather our birthday wishes. ♥
What a mess of the blinds situation. I hope that the new and *correct* ones get installed soon.

@BrightEyes Sheesh, your street must be a mess. Did the cable people say how long it will take (and then add some extra time to it *wink* ) to finish?
I use a reacher too but mostly b/c I am short.

@Cherylndesigns I am sending you really big hugs. I wish that the paperwork and red tape didn't have to be so darn hard. :(
I can tell you you are trying to take care of yourself and that makes me glad. Don't forget that you have a family that adores you and will do everything they can to help. So if you need to nap a few times -- that is OK- and ask for help. Although I bet Ava calls/visits every day to check-in. Adrienne no doubt either.

Lots of love to you all!
No they were oval and light colored. If I'm still having problems I will make an appointment to see her next week. I think I've been to the doctor more since I turned 68 in October than I have my whole life!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
Feeling rough and sleep deprived today. Darn IBS.
High temperature expected to be 48. Kinda cloudy out.
Mark is going to work on the saw mill with the tree he cut down yesterday. Thankfully he left the widow maker alone until he can get some more muscle to help him with it.
I've got a few more things to do to get last year's layouts ready to upload to Persnickety. So I'll probably work on that today. I am doing our bike trip pages as 8.5x11 and I found some at 12x12 that I want to redo.
Have a great weekend!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals... We are having Spring-like weather this coming week!! The east side of the state - on the other side of the Sandia Mountain is having the cold weather and snow but we are looking at up to low 60's here.

THE WORK IS DONE AT MY HOUSE!!! They finished up and cleaned my driveway plus filled the hole in and capped the line with a cover! This is my house on the left with the ditch digger and the truck with the water tanks and the signal guy. I took this photo around noon yesterday. 2 1/2 days with them working there was long enough! They were nice but the noise from the ditch digger went on most of those 2 days from 9 to 5. They have moved on down the street so I have to maneuver around the workers/trucks and half-blocked street still. Yes, I did take a FEW photos - 70+ while they were working. :floorlaugh: I will probably do a page or two about the project. BTW - look at how blue the sky is!! It was in the high 50's.

IMG_3139 smaller.jpg

I was thrilled as DD#3 came down in the afternoon so she got to see (and hear) what it was like and also saw how nice it was when they had finished up my section. We had a fabulous long visit. She showed me some fabric that she picked up...Yes, she is her mother's daughter!!! I told her she could go shopping in my fabric stashes whenever she wants. I need to dig out the man's shirt patterns I have as she had bought 2 really nice checked cotton for her hubby. She had to leave just after 4 to pick up her grandson from day care.

I will be running a couple of errands - that I didn't do while the street project was going on. This is a holiday weekend here in the US - President's Day on Monday so banks, etc will be closed. Need to check out the sales and see if the new shower head I want is on sale. It is a combo rain-shower with a smaller hand held shower head and hose. The rain-shower head swivels up and down so that should eliminate the over-spray that is happening with my old shower head.... spraying so strong it goes over the top of the shower stall and into the tub. The city had replaced the water meters about a month ago and now the water pressure is really high. This shower head has a 20% reducer in it so that will help with that problem. I will have DD#3 install it as she is a great handyman and does all types of DYI projects. If she can't get around to it, I will have DSon#1 do it when he gets here. I know how to do it but my shoulders and hands are not strong enough for me to tackle it. I helped DH replace many shower heads over the years.

I have a couple of scrapping LOs to work on. Will be back later for personals.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... Well I never did get back here for personals yesterday and I never got a chance to start a layout either. My day kind of got away from me, but hey it happens a lot it seems. I did get my project finished that I have been working on for Sweet Sadie's birthday and it is all ready to go in the mail today. Here is a photo of it, its not a very good one and I should have taken another before I got it all wrapped up and ready to ship, oh well. I had fun with it and love all the different textures, hope Sadie loves it too!
unnamed.jpg

Today will be busy with errands and grocery shopping, oh and the order that I have been waiting for finally came it at my fav craft store, so I will pick that up today also! Its a long weekend here in B.C. (family day on Monday). So I should be able to find some time to do some more crafting etc while DH is home. We might run up to see how the In-Laws are doing and see if they have talked with their Realtor and if they will put in an offer on the house across the street. I haven't seen anyone else viewing the house, just a lot of people driving by and checking it out. What will be will be, but at least we know that the In-Laws are realizing that they need to be closer to us because of the driving situation. I am trying not to think about it too much, whatever happens, happens I have no control over it.

@faerywings - Ughh more snow!! Hope it melts away soon!! That is too bad about your In-Laws cancelling coming to your party, but you don't want anyone to get sick again!! Glad that Caitlyn had a workaround for you! It should be lots of fun!! Hope you find something fun to do today! You are welcome for the recipe, you will love the flavour that the smoked cheddar gives it!

@vickyday - Glad that your Mark is waiting to cut the widow maker, they are scary thats for sure!! Sorry that your IBS is flaring up again, hope you manage to catch a nap at some point today!

@BrightEyes - It must have been so noisy with that ditch digger so close to your house, bet you are happy that its moved down the road a bit! What a nice visit with your DD#3 you have lots of things in common with the sewing, she sounds like a chip off the old block :giggle4:. Yikes that is really good water pressure you have!! Hope you get the new shower head installed soon!

@pachimac - Yes those store bought cauliflower pizzas are very high in carbs, but if you make your own they are very low in carbs and delicious!! Here's a recipe I use and we love it! Only 4grams of Carbs.

@Cherylndesigns - Ohhh I feel so badly for you Cheryl!! What a PITA to have to do all these things when you are feeling so depressed and tired!! I am so glad that you have your wonderful family there to help you out though! Baby steps my friend, you will get it all done and what a relief it will be when it is behind you! :hanging:Perhaps then you can go through your grieving process with a bit of weight taken off your shoulders! :hug1:.

Ok DH is stirring so its time to get going with some brunch, he was up super early so went back to bed to try to catch up on some ZZZ's Hope you all have a great Saturday! :waving3:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I will start packing today for the trip. I need to find chargers, extension cords, USB converters, etc. I also have to look for my ipad keyboard charger as it died and I have no idea where I put it during the move. Its not a big deal to bring that on the trip but makes it easy when I sit in the cabin to type when online. Weather-wise it will be all over the place, anywhere from 45ish to 85ish so need to pack clothes to layer. I ordered two new card games - 5 Crowns and Wizard. About 6 people so far have expressed interest in playing the games on sea days. We get a 3 day stretch at the end as we sail back to Santiago Chile so we'll have lots of time to play games. I already checked the dinner menu for the first week and it looks great.

We went for lunch yesterday with D's cousin and had a great BBQ lunch with them and then they came over for the afternoon to hang out and chat. The husband was enchanted by Remi, he couldn't stop touching her and rubbing her belly, it was so sweet. The wife loved Taz, she said that she has always wanted to see Taz in person, having seen so many pics of him on FB over the years. He stretched out on her legs and had a long nap which she loved. We'll go to Manitoba to visit them at some point.

Today I'll get groceries, take the dogs to the park and other than that, focus on getting ready for the trip (just over a wk away). Tonight I'll binge some PVR shows. Haven't seen Tracker or So Help Me Todd yet and want to watch SWAT and Fire Country. Lots on the PVR now to watch.

@faerywings Hope your MIL is okay. Have fun with the upcoming party.

@BrightEyes Bet it feels good to have all the work done.

@vickyday Hope you feel better as the day progresses.

I'd better get another coffee and get some packing stuff done. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all,

Finally getting in here. I had to upload a layout for a prerelease and downloaded the files to do another one. It keeps
me busy in the evening. Last evening, nothing kept me busy but the couch and Amazon Prime Video. I started watching a show called Ex Pats and I THINK it must be pretty good, but I slept through most of it. Just got me a pillow under my head, one of my throws on and Daisy curled up behind my knees. Adrienne called me at one point and told me I should go to bed. Actually, I was pretty cozy right where I was. Of course, my sleep got screwed up because by the time I took a two hour night nap, I wasn't sleepy. It's a vicious cycle.

Alyssa (youngest GD) invited me to a late breakfast - she works or has school (senior high school plus pre-reqs for college at the local University) all the time and hardly has any free time. She finally had some time today, so she called me a couple of days ago and we planned breakfast. We had the best time together - I don't get to spend nearly enough one on one time with her, so this was very special. We pigged out, too. Alyssa had chocolate chip waffles, hashbrowns and a fancy coffee drink. I had a cheese omelet, hashbrowns and pancakes. I had enough left over to bring home for my dinner later tonight. I tried to pay or split the bill, but she said "No, I invited you, so I pay!" How cool was that?????

Then we met up with Adrienne and she and I went to the nail salon. I got a pedicure and a manicure and she got a pedi and a fill.

Chris @faerywings Thanks for your kind words. You know how close we all are and "my girl gang" at least come over every day or checks in with me several times a day. I was feeling SO low the other day and in popped Ava with her big, beautiful smile and her arms outstretched. I told her that I could NOT be depressed when I saw her face. Adrienne has been pampering the daylights out of me too. She showed up last night with new chair pads for my kitchen chairs, a kitchen mat for me to stand on while I was standing at the sink - it has cute wine glasses on it, and she bought me a new hand-painted wine glass. (Geeze, you all probably think I'm a wino. Don't judge me :wine4::wine3::floorlaugh:)

@Cherylndesigns - Ohhh I feel so badly for you Cheryl!! What a PITA to have to do all these things when you are feeling so depressed and tired!! I am so glad udge jthat you have your wonderful family there to help you out though! Baby steps my friend, you will get it all done and what a relief it will be when it is behind you! :hanging:Perhaps then you can go through your grieving process with a bit of weight taken off your shoulders! :hug1:.

Trudy, it's awful to have to deal with all of this when you're grieving. Whenever I open the mail. I first get a condolence, then it's back to business. I did get a confirmation letter today that Chuck's health insurance had, indeed, been canceled. as of the date of death, from Medicare - so I think "the machine" is in motion. Social Security is the big hurdle I have to jump over - they control so many things and I can't apply for a lot of it except in person and like I said yesterday, they don't have any appointments for about 40 days, unless I get lucky and get an earlier appointment.

Well, happy what's left of Saturday to everybody.
Love you all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning and happy Sunday! How is everything going today?
I woke up again at 4.30 but must have fallen back to sleep because the next time I rolled over and was wide awake was 5.15. ugh. At least the dogs were sleeping soundly enough that I could finish my coffee before they needed to go out in the frigid temps. (Real Feel 1*F)
Yesterday, my plans went back to what they were supposed to be. The roads were cleared by 11 so we went to see my parents. My brother was over too, he was clearing the driveway for them. I hadn't seen him since Christmas so that was a nice surprise. Lunch was delicious and I have leftovers for today. Since it was just us girls, I was able to get some ideas and wishes from Caitlyn over her shower. Today I am going to work on Save the Date cards since I didn't do that yesterday.
After that, it's on to working on the party that's on Tuesday and the grocery shopping I need for it.

Wishing all of you a fantastic day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday I hope that you don't need to go back to the Dr again!
So sorry that your stomach is misbehaving. Hope that you were able to get some rest and relax yesterday and that you're feeling more like yourself today.

@BrightEyes Enjoy all of that fresh air and warm sunshine this week for me. We're going to be below-freezing until the weekend.
Woo-hoo for the work being done on your street. Sounds like you had a lovely visit with DD#3.
Ya killin' me here. Warm temps *and* strong water pressure? Hmmph. :/
I am sure that you have lived somewhere with well water, so YKWIM about low water pressure drama LOL!!

@taxed4ever Sadie will adore that gift! How could she not? It's beautiful and made by her grandma. ♥
Hope you got all of the errands out of the way yesterday so you can have the next couple of days crafting and scrapping. Did you see your ILs?
Caitlyn said the same thing, how glad she was to ask Jen and Jake to sub in for the party. Jen had a flapper costume in her Amazon shopping cart for a long time (no idea why, but it was there LOL) and might end up getting it now that she has a reason. I am looking for some 1920s mocktail recipes since they are both sober. Lots of lime juice/club soda or pomegranate juice recipes so far... I'll have to see what I can do with that. :D

@bcgal00 My head is spinning at how quickly you are leaving on the cruise, I can't imagine how you are keeping up with it!
What an amazing time you are going to have. I hope with all my heart that you and D get a chance to reconnect :loveyeyes:
Of course, D's cousins loved the dogs, how could they not?? LOL! I would *love* to meet them in person myself :dancingdog:
BTW- we watched the first episode of Tracker and were not impressed. The commercials looked like it would be interesting but it was "meh." We are going to give it another try and see if it needs to find its groove.

@Cherylndesigns Did you get a better night's sleep? Still making your tea?
I love Alyssa -- that is the sweetest thing that she invited you to b-fast. And even sweeter that she paid because she wanted to treat you and take care of you. Your family is wonderful and I am happy that you're letting them spoil you. As if they would take no for an answer :D

I think I need to get a blanket or something, it is so cold in here, even with all of my layers on :brrr:

Hugs!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... Well I never did get back here for personals yesterday and I never got a chance to start a layout either. My day kind of got away from me, but hey it happens a lot it seems. I did get my project finished that I have been working on for Sweet Sadie's birthday and it is all ready to go in the mail today. Here is a photo of it, its not a very good one and I should have taken another before I got it all wrapped up and ready to ship, oh well. I had fun with it and love all the different textures, hope Sadie loves it too!
View attachment 412981

Today will be busy with errands and grocery shopping, oh and the order that I have been waiting for finally came it at my fav craft store, so I will pick that up today also! Its a long weekend here in B.C. (family day on Monday). So I should be able to find some time to do some more crafting etc while DH is home. We might run up to see how the In-Laws are doing and see if they have talked with their Realtor and if they will put in an offer on the house across the street. I haven't seen anyone else viewing the house, just a lot of people driving by and checking it out. What will be will be, but at least we know that the In-Laws are realizing that they need to be closer to us because of the driving situation. I am trying not to think about it too much, whatever happens, happens I have no control over it.

@faerywings - Ughh more snow!! Hope it melts away soon!! That is too bad about your In-Laws cancelling coming to your party, but you don't want anyone to get sick again!! Glad that Caitlyn had a workaround for you! It should be lots of fun!! Hope you find something fun to do today! You are welcome for the recipe, you will love the flavour that the smoked cheddar gives it!

@vickyday - Glad that your Mark is waiting to cut the widow maker, they are scary thats for sure!! Sorry that your IBS is flaring up again, hope you manage to catch a nap at some point today!

@BrightEyes - It must have been so noisy with that ditch digger so close to your house, bet you are happy that its moved down the road a bit! What a nice visit with your DD#3 you have lots of things in common with the sewing, she sounds like a chip off the old block :giggle4:. Yikes that is really good water pressure you have!! Hope you get the new shower head installed soon!

@pachimac - Yes those store bought cauliflower pizzas are very high in carbs, but if you make your own they are very low in carbs and delicious!! Here's a recipe I use and we love it! Only 4grams of Carbs.

@Cherylndesigns - Ohhh I feel so badly for you Cheryl!! What a PITA to have to do all these things when you are feeling so depressed and tired!! I am so glad that you have your wonderful family there to help you out though! Baby steps my friend, you will get it all done and what a relief it will be when it is behind you! :hanging:Perhaps then you can go through your grieving process with a bit of weight taken off your shoulders! :hug1:.

Ok DH is stirring so its time to get going with some brunch, he was up super early so went back to bed to try to catch up on some ZZZ's Hope you all have a great Saturday! :waving3:
That is a really lovely piece of art, Trudy! She will love it!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hello all,

Finally getting in here. I had to upload a layout for a prerelease and downloaded the files to do another one. It keeps
me busy in the evening. Last evening, nothing kept me busy but the couch and Amazon Prime Video. I started watching a show called Ex Pats and I THINK it must be pretty good, but I slept through most of it. Just got me a pillow under my head, one of my throws on and Daisy curled up behind my knees. Adrienne called me at one point and told me I should go to bed. Actually, I was pretty cozy right where I was. Of course, my sleep got screwed up because by the time I took a two hour night nap, I wasn't sleepy. It's a vicious cycle.

Alyssa (youngest GD) invited me to a late breakfast - she works or has school (senior high school plus pre-reqs for college at the local University) all the time and hardly has any free time. She finally had some time today, so she called me a couple of days ago and we planned breakfast. We had the best time together - I don't get to spend nearly enough one on one time with her, so this was very special. We pigged out, too. Alyssa had chocolate chip waffles, hashbrowns and a fancy coffee drink. I had a cheese omelet, hashbrowns and pancakes. I had enough left over to bring home for my dinner later tonight. I tried to pay or split the bill, but she said "No, I invited you, so I pay!" How cool was that?????

Then we met up with Adrienne and she and I went to the nail salon. I got a pedicure and a manicure and she got a pedi and a fill.

Chris @faerywings Thanks for your kind words. You know how close we all are and "my girl gang" at least come over every day or checks in with me several times a day. I was feeling SO low the other day and in popped Ava with her big, beautiful smile and her arms outstretched. I told her that I could NOT be depressed when I saw her face. Adrienne has been pampering the daylights out of me too. She showed up last night with new chair pads for my kitchen chairs, a kitchen mat for me to stand on while I was standing at the sink - it has cute wine glasses on it, and she bought me a new hand-painted wine glass. (Geeze, you all probably think I'm a wino. Don't judge me :wine4::wine3::floorlaugh:)

@Cherylndesigns - Ohhh I feel so badly for you Cheryl!! What a PITA to have to do all these things when you are feeling so depressed and tired!! I am so glad udge jthat you have your wonderful family there to help you out though! Baby steps my friend, you will get it all done and what a relief it will be when it is behind you! :hanging:Perhaps then you can go through your grieving process with a bit of weight taken off your shoulders! :hug1:.

Trudy, it's awful to have to deal with all of this when you're grieving. Whenever I open the mail. I first get a condolence, then it's back to business. I did get a confirmation letter today that Chuck's health insurance had, indeed, been canceled. as of the date of death, from Medicare - so I think "the machine" is in motion. Social Security is the big hurdle I have to jump over - they control so many things and I can't apply for a lot of it except in person and like I said yesterday, they don't have any appointments for about 40 days, unless I get lucky and get an earlier appointment.

Well, happy what's left of Saturday to everybody.
Love you all!
I'm so glad you have such a great support system with your family nearby! :hug2:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning all and happy Sunday!
Quick in and out as we will be heading to church in a little over an hour and I still have to get my shower!
Felt better as the day went yesterday. I just rested in my recliner and dozed off and on through the day while listening to audiobooks. Mark was gone all day with our bike riding friend. They also share gun love and went to a gun show and then out to eat.
Very cold here this morning, 28F. Kinda cloudy. It got a few degrees warmer yesterday than predicted. Not sure what today is going to be.
Eggs and bacon is the lunch plan.
Time to get ready to go to church.
HAGD

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Ah... the quiet is wonderful!! No noise from the cable guys - they don't work on the weekends. Looks like it will be a few more days before they finish up the work on our street. Not sure if they will work on Monday - President's Day or not. There is still orange cones up and down the street. But it is so nice to not have them right outside my house any more.

I was looking on-line but the rain-shower combo head doesn't seem to be on sale for the holiday. Guess I will go ahead and buy it anyway. Yes, @Cherylndesigns we have lived with low water pressure when we first moved into this house as they were still building houses on our street and the rest of the neighborhood. Our house was the 6th house on the street and the water pressure was really low at the time. It improved when they finished building on our street. The new water meters they just put in boosted the pressure way up.

I ended up taking a PJ day yesterday. Worked on some layouts then read for awhile. The next thing I knew... it was after 3PM so no need to get dressed so late in the day!! :rotfl: I fixed a 'walking burrito' for supper.... scrambled eggs mixed with crumbled bacon, chopped green chilis, hash browns and cheddar cheese wrapped in a large flour tortilla. The golf course where DH used to go made them and called them 'walking burrito' as the players could eat them while still out on the course. I have enough of the eggs combo to have it for supper tonight. It is one of my 'staple meals' that I fix quite frequently. But I used the last of the eggs so need to pick some up in the next day or so.

Ah... the heat in the house is finally warm enough to take my shower. BBL

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! DH and I are relaxing on the couch and watching some local news, not much good out there LOL. We are both on our laptops and enjoying our coffee. Today will be :housekeeping: :vacuuming: :laundry: . Then this afternoon we are going out to look for a new swimsuit for DH. We are off to https://tigh-na-mara-seaside-spa-resort-parksville.ibooked.ca for a couple of days at the end of next week and he is in need of a new swimsuit! It is our 47th anniversary, yikes how did that happen!! I got a card made for Aunt Betty’s birthday on the 1st and I need to mail that today also. Tomorrow is a holiday and we hope to get up to see the In-laws then, hopefully they have already talked to their realtor and the house will be on the market to be sold. I need to get some baking done, for DH’s snacks at work so it will be a full day.

@faerywings - So sorry that the temps are still so cold for you! Nice that you got to see your parents and your brother! Sounds like the plans are coming together for the shower and your murder party! Cute that Caitlyn has had a flapper dress in her cart for so long. No we have not seen the in-laws yet, but hope to do that tomorrow and hopefully things are in the works for the sale of the house.

@bcgal00 - Wow you sure have a short timeline to get ready for your cruise! Lucky you! It’s all I have ever wanted was to do a lot of travelling, but there is no way I will get my DH on a ship LOL he won’t even go on the B.C. Ferry :giggle4: Oh well I might have to start going on my own! I do hope that you have a wonderful time and that its just what the doctor ordered for you and D!!

@vickyday - Hope your tummy is better today and that you have a lovely time at church this morning!

@BrightEyes - Enjoy your peace and quiet over the weekend! Hopefully the work will be completed soon! My DH said that there should be a reducer valve for your water pressure on the line that goes from the street to your house, but you can get a tester first to see if the pressure is really high on an outside tap. Cheaper th an a new shower head or hiring a plumber. However maybe plumbing things are done differently for where you live ?? Anyway here is a link if you are interested in checking this out.

Ok its time to get some brunch and get off the couch, no laundry is getting done sitting here, have a great day everyone!

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good Morning all.

38 and sunny here, but going up to 51. It has gotten chillier in the last couple of days, but it's supposed to be 74 by Wednesday.

Today starts the 100 Day project - I just took some pictures of what I think I'm going to do for today. I'm going to post weekly, instead of daily, I think - I have no real plan, but I'm going to try to do something every day. Chuck's cowboy hat was sitting on the windowsill - I had forgotten I put it there until I opened my drapes this am. The light was so beautiful coming in, so I took some pics. Again, not sure where I'm going. We found a folder of some of my layouts that he had printed out on 8 1/2 x 11 paper, so I know I'm going to use one of them for my first project. I'm going to try to start working in my Traveler's Notebooks again. I have so many of them and so many inserts. Ava was excited when I told her I was going to use my TN books - she loves them.

Chris @faerywings sounds like you girls had a lovely day yesterday and how nice to see your brother. Adrienne ordered her flapper dress from Amazon for the NYE party and it was SO cute.

@Cherylndesigns Did you get a better night's sleep? Still making your tea?
I love Alyssa -- that is the sweetest thing that she invited you to b-fast. And even sweeter that she paid because she wanted to treat you and take care of you. Your family is wonderful and I am happy that you're letting them spoil you. As if they would take no for an answer :D

Yes, I'm sleeping better, thankfully, even though I'm sharing my bed with Daisy now. I put a blanket in the corner that I want her to sleep in and she's pretty good about staying on it. Yes, I'm still making my tea and I have to wait until it kicks in and my eyes won't focus any longer before I go to bed. I have to be almost in a coma before I can lay down and conk out. :lol23:

Well, I have to cut this short, I'll try to get back in for more personals. Ava just called me and we're all going to breakfast in less than an hour. I better get a move on.

XOXO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! DH and I are relaxing on the couch and watching some local news, not much good out there LOL. We are both on our

@BrightEyes - Enjoy your peace and quiet over the weekend! Hopefully the work will be completed soon! My DH said that there should be a reducer valve for your water pressure on the line that goes from the street to your house, but you can get a tester first to see if the pressure is really high on an outside tap. Cheaper th an a new shower head or hiring a plumber. However maybe plumbing things are done differently for where you live ?? Anyway here is a link if you are interested in checking this out.

Ok its time to get some brunch and get off the couch, no laundry is getting done sitting here, have a great day everyone!
We used to have that type of connection for water... but not any more. The new meters are different and in a hole in the ground between the sidewalk and curb. We were informed that the water co was the only ones who can adjust/change things with the water. Thanks anyway, Trudy.

Oh, my shower head is needing to be replaced anyway. It has a lot of clogged opening and is over 8 years old. We have very hard water here with is hard on shower heads as the calcium buildup is bad.