Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: December 19-20: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:mrgreen:

wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bliss:

Good news! Well. OK, not really news, but what a darn relief!!!!!!
My mammo and ultrasounds came back all normal. (Glad that one part of me is "normal!!!") I didn't have to wait too long-- I was there at 10.30 and out a little after 12. I feel like I am crossing some big things off of my December Madness List. yippppeeeeee!
After that, I went to Home Goods, picked up some of the last parts to my baskets for my neighbor, plus a couple of things for the family. Then I stopped in at the Health Food Store and did some Christmas shopping there too. I know, that sounds pretty darn odd, but it works for us. I hope.

I got home and there were some of the packages I was waiting for, including the one for my BFF. I was sooooo excited to see it and was floored when I took it out of the box. It was the travel mug, but it had a baseball player with a guy's name on it.
OMG, I was stunned! Called zazzle right up and sat on hold for 45 mins but was not giving up. I am not sure what I despise now more-- Christmas Hold Music or Healthcare.gov hold music. I am gonna go with healthcare.gov... if only for the sheer amount of time I have heard it.
At any rate, the guy (yup, got his name, Robert hahahah!!) says that they will remake it and expedite shipping and I should have it by the 22nd. I'd better or I will be in tears and then :mad:

Today I have to bake two batches of cookies- only bar cookies so easy enough.Wrap the baskets that are done, and then do my Forever IV. That is when I will stick around here some more, catch up on some Gallery Love and start prepping my Jan. Challenge.

Hoping that you all have a truly lovely day!

xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi Rae-- omg-- I could never make it to 10pm! Its a good day for me if I make it to dinner without putting on my pjs.
Hahaha about having your DD mail your cards, good thinking:)
I bet that the memories of your mom and your kids is a treasure. I am sooo amazingly blessed that my kids have all 4 g-parents and really have good relationships with all of them. Good thoughts and strength to Bailey on her difficult journey. She is lucky to have to with her.

Trudy- I keep sayin' you can adopt me anytime and I will come live with you and you would *never* be alone. Bwuahahahah!!!!!
I saw the puppy smilie!!!! Now all I need is the rolling pin one and my life will be complete. :D
How did Heather's appt go? Hope she got what she needed.

Claire- it feels so good to see things starting to get accomplishes, doesn't it? I hope that Robbie feels better quickly. I am sure you are going to be one happy mama to have everyone together for Christmas Eve Night!!!

nancyr

good morning - whew I can't believe how complicated my life has gotten when I was not looking. Wednesday was making sure that Luther stayed calm and he was not happy with his collar. Kept me busy all day. Thursday was rainy and thank goodness Luther likes the rain. But he is so mad that he does not get to go on his walks. Then I find out that Friday Rex and Ashley are coming up and I am in charge of watching both while they go to an office party in the City. I had an haircut appt in the morning and so Luther was in his crate and with the collar is was not easy. But he did well. Well when Ashley showed up poor Rex did not like Luther in his collar and kind of freaked out which made Luther freaked and both running. Calmed Luther down. And fortunately my DH came home early and we took of Luther collar as he was never in pain and then played and played to wear them out. Rex hid in the stairs as he wanted Ashley and not Luther. Then today we find out that Luther tested positive for Lyme's and so now he is on antibiotics. But he is freed from his collar and he can now play and walk and yea. Tonight I have a hockey game and tomorrow at 9 am I am seeing the new Stars Wars movie.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Aussiekat

Yoooo hoooo ... miss me?! I'm almost back in the US - sitting in the Vancouver airport at the moment, waiting for my connection to Toronto ... and then on to Washington, DC. Still got about another 12 hours before I get home (ugh), but will be able to snuggle with my puppy tonight and sleep in my own bed. *sigh* oh, yeah, and see hubby and son, too, I guess ;)

Had a nice visit with Mum, and she's recovering from surgery really well, which is good. no idea on the histology report on what they removed, but everyone on the surgical team is 'confident' that it was all benign, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Looking forward to catching up on the past two weeks!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... so far today no wind, no rain, but no sun either. It would be nice to see the sunshine and get out for a good walk this weekend!

Chris - Yahoooo on the Mammo test coming back normal!! I forgot to tell you that mine did also. We can go on line and see all of our test results they send a little message telling you that they are there. Its nice to see them and not have to see the Dr to find out that everything is ok. The only time the Dr. calls you back is if something is not right. So far I haven't gotten any call backs for a long time! I will look for that rolling pin smiley for you today LOL! You could have used it for the idiot that sent you the wrong mug!! Wonder what the guy who got yours thought?? :becky: Hope you get all your baskets done today!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend baking etc. At least the knowledge of your mammo is off your shoulders and that is one less thing to think about!! :hug:

Nancy - Poor Luther!! I hope that he is happier now without his collar!! I also hope that they can treat his lyme disease, I think it is easier treated in animals than in humans! Funny that the collar freaked out Rex!! I bet he thought who the hell is this crazy looking dog?? :becky: Enjoy your hockey and the Movie, not sure when we will get to see that new Star Wars Movie, but I have enough points for DH and myself to go for free, so hopefully we will see it soon!

Lost of running around to do today, final things for stockings etc. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! The countdown is on!!
waiting3-smiley.gif

taxed4ever

CHEERY O
Kat!!!! Welcome back!! Wish Vancouver was not so far away! I would come over to the airport and have a quick visit. It would take lots of $$ and a stupid ferry ride to get there though, then a ton of traffic too!! LOL oh well I will wave to you as you fly over! Glad to know that your Mom is doing well, hope you get home safely and that its a direct flight to Toronto for you, thats a long trip in itself! Have a great sleep when you get home and looking forward to catching up with you! :wave:

taxed4ever

CHEERY O
Ok Chris here is your rolling pin smiley LOL :rollpin: Hope its the right one!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. Heading out shortly to drop Taz at the daycare for half the day if they have room for him and give them their Xmas card. I don't usually bring him in on the weekend but since I'll be busy shopping, running errands, etc that he might as well get some exercise and fun time at the daycare. That way he'll be nice and tired later tonight when we are gone to a Xmas party (hopefully won't eat the lights off the tree as he ate 2 this week). I'm heading to the mall soon so I'm hoping it wont' be too busy if I can get some shopping done in the morning but I'm sure it's wishful thinking b/c I know this is the busiest time to shop before Xmas. I want some new Xmas jammies so hopefully I can find them too today. I thought I had bought some a few weeks ago when I was out but when looking in the drawer they weren't there and then I remembered that I wasn't sure I wanted them and was going to keep looking. Do you ever do that? Think you did something but only thought about doing it? LOL Whenever I can over the wkend I'm going to work on some planner inserts I'm making for my GD in aplanner/inspiration/photo album I'm making for her. I need to decide what else I am baking tomorrow afternoon and get the ingredients. I know for sure peanut butter bars and rice krispie squares but want a cookie recipe too. Bailey and I will have fun tomorrow afternoon with our baking. Gotta go shower, dress and get out of here. Might not be back here til later tonight. Have a great day everyone and hope you are all more organized than I am LOL.

Chris - glad your mammo was ok. That really sucks about the mug. I'd be freaking out! Good thing they can get the right one to you on time.

Trudy - poor Luther, about the Lyme disease. Hopefully the antibiotics clear him up soon. I've found a few ticks on Taz this summer but the flea medication we give him is also for Lyme prevention so it killed the ticks but we still had to pull them off of him with tweezers. In the future, if you aren't giving him a flea medication that covers Lyme prevention too. It's a little more money but I figure it's worth it.

Kat - welcome (almost) home. Gee....you're here in my city but I can't see you....boo. Wouldn't that have been fun? I'm glad to hear that all seems good with your mom and now you can back to your home and family. You must be exhausted. That's a long flight, isn't it?

ceeflower

So glad to hear from you was wondering how you and yours were,wishing you a safe journey the rest of the way
The tree has just gone up I downsized all our decorations ready for this year's move, and there is just the right number for the tree. I have rung the hospital and cancelled Robbies treatments on Tuesday as he is still full of cold, although he is quite happy and certainly hasn't lost his appetite. 5 days until all 4 of us are under the same roof again.
Yoooo hoooo ... miss me?! I'm almost back in the US - sitting in the Vancouver airport at the moment, waiting for my connection to Toronto ... and then on to Washington, DC. Still got about another 12 hours before I get home (ugh), but will be able to snuggle with my puppy tonight and sleep in my own bed. *sigh* oh, yeah, and see hubby and son, too, I guess ;)

Had a nice visit with Mum, and she's recovering from surgery really well, which is good. no idea on the histology report on what they removed, but everyone on the surgical team is 'confident' that it was all benign, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Looking forward to catching up on the past two weeks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Trudy - we were posting at the same time again (we seem to do that a lot don't we). Hope you find the stocking stuffers you want. I'll be out there shopping too in the madness today.

Good morning Claire....nice to see you here!

Aussiekat

Woo hoo - me again!! :) Now I'm in Toronto ... almost there. Got a bit of a layover here and I'll get into DC around 10:30 pm, and then home I'm guessing by 11:30 or midnight-ish. Yes, Rae, it's a pretty long flight - 15 or so hours to Vancouver, then another 4 to Toronto and then less than 2 to Washington - and then add in transfers and wait time. It's about 30 hours all told - and that doesn't include the three hour drive from my Mum's house to Sydney this morning. Surprisingly, I'm not too tired, but I won't really know until my head hits my own pillows.

Um, Rae - Taz ate some tree lights??! LOL I'm sorry I'm laughing ... but really?!

Good luck to anyone braving the stores for last-minute holiday shopping. I can't believe Christmas Day is next Friday!! Wow. Thankfully, I planned ahead and had pretty much everything ordered online and delivered before I left.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
GooooooOOOOOOOOOOd mOrning my sweet O-Fam!!!!

I am seeing bits and pieces of my DR table! I finished the one basket for Cait's friend's mom. Cait had some friends over for an Ugly Sweater Party, and her friends loved the lotion that her BFF had shared. One of her friends came downstairs to ask me if I had any "Cookies for Santa" scented lotion. Went to my closet, couldn't find one but did find a "Mmm Cinnibun" one, which she loved. Then I found the Cookie one and she bought that too. Apparently the girls want more stuff. :D

So one basket done, and sent out. The other three just need the fillers and wrapping. I try to add in little decorations- fake greenery or little ornaments, like that- to make it pretty. Then they get wrapped and be-ribboned. This is 100% the hardest part for me. They never come out *perfect* in my mind. Something shifts in the basket ever so slightly or the ribbon doesn't curl right... makes me :madgrin: But I put my heart and soul into these so I want them to be PERFECT!!! :gaah:
I should be able to get them wrapped up today and then I can start the ones for Caitlyn and my mom.

I also baked two batches of Magic Bars, and started my Challenge. I love the challenge idea but man, I am having *hard* time scrapping it LOL

OH!! And some more "good" news!
Not sure if you remember last spring that Cait reported inappropriate behavior between a teacher and one of her friends? She reported it to the school, who brought it to the police, who then needed statements from her. The school had suspended the teacher (with pay!!!! :yell: ) immediately and he was arrested for smoking pot with a student. No mention of the sexting/photos (ick, just ick) that he had been going on with the student. Cait was pretty upset that it looked like they had dropped the ball on the sexting with a minor. But I saw in my local paper, that he was indicted on 2 counts of child endangerment, with prison time up to 5 years for each.

West Milford teacher smoked pot with student, prosecutor...

Not good for him, but very good that it turned out that what Cait did (and got some huge backlash for) made a difference. She read the article and seemed pleased. OTOH, I know that she was nervous that this would mean she would have to testify. Which is now a good possibility. But what the hell... had one kid have to testify in a friend's rape case, so why not Cait too?? SMH...

Today, I have another batch of cookies, the baskets and if Gary can't take Cait down to the Road Test Course, I will have to do that. We also decided that I would drive her to the DMV tomorrow.

Nancy, you might know of the area a but from the news/traffic reports if nothing else. It is right where Rts 80, 23, 26 converge at Willowbrook Mall. Not where I want her driving, nor me for that matter, at lunch hour right before Christmas as an inexperienced highway driver. I also have to get her documents together for the 6-point identification if she passes. Birth cert, Social Security Card, proof that she lives in NJ. Blood type, last time she clipped her toenails...(JK on the last 2, but it seems that difficult sometimes!)

I hope that all of you are seeing the light as well!!

xoxoxo and :pupkiss:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Nancy- oh no! So sorry that your life got crazy! Those collars can be more trouble tha they are worth. Glad that he was able to go without it and that he does ok with not licking or jumping too much. Jaida had pulled a couple of stitches out before we even took her back to get them out.
Poor Rex hiding on the stairs :(
Oh yes, Lyme is *much* easier to treat in animals. When I was at a lecture, a woman had said that with horses, if they every start to get knee pain/swelling, they are immediately put on abx. Not sure why it has to be such a issue with humans.
We do get the Lyme vax for our dogs too.

Welcome back Kat! We did miss you! I cannot imagine how *good* it must have felt to be home last night. I did however, note that you said snuggle with your puppy, not your hubby. That is my kinda thinking. :pound:
Fingers crossed for really good, benign news for your mom.

Trudy- :whoo: for you too getting good mammo results! I get that too, blood work, pathology and mammos online. But with my history, the dr has to read my in office which is good so I don't have to wait days/weeks. etc.
:rollpin:
That's it!!! I can die a happy Faery!!!!!

Rae- can't say I blame you at all for wanting to drop Taz off. I hope he had room and that you got everything done that you needed. Did he eat any lights on you or was he too tired?
Do you ever do that? Think you did something but only thought about doing it?
OMG-- all of the time!! I even think something in my head and/or say it out loud but can't remember which one is was. I can't count how many times I said the same thing over and over or said to someone-- But I already asked you to do this.... :D

Claire- yippeee for having your tree up! Can i be nosy and ask what kind of tx Robbie needs? I really hope that his cold goes away soon. Four more days for you and the fam to be together!! :kiss:

Since it was always Sharron and Trudy, cross posting and now it is Rae and Trudy-- I think we gotta blame this on the common factor, which is Ms. Trudy LOL

Sharron, I hope that you come back to us soon!

Welcomehome Kat! I hope that you are making today a Jammie Day!!!

Last edited:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. It was a crazy day yesterday. Was out all day, home for a quick snack and change clothes and then off to a Xmas party and then didn't get home until about 1:00. Now I'm up, throwing some clothes on and bringing Taz across the street for 10 minutes to play with his buddy and then off to the grocery store to get supplies for baking today with Bailey. Then drop her off, come home to make a quick dinner and then get the gifts out (I have them hidden all over the house and hope I don't forget any). Once I see them all I will know what few I still have to get, probably tomorrow night after work. So I'll check in with you all later today. It's a whirlwind of activity here today for sure! I'll enjoy sitting down tonight with a few cookies and a tea (gotta sample the goodies, right? Make sure they taste ok before putting them out Xmas Eve lol).

I'll be back later to see how everyone is. BFN

taxed4ever

CHEERY O
Morning O-Zies!! Yes it must be me the Instigator for all the cross posting going on in this forum LOL!!
it-was-him2-smiley.gif
Nothing to do with the fact that we are in the same time zones?? :becky: Or the fact that I think that Rae and I must have the same sleeping pattern :sleep:

Chris - I found another dog smiley for you and will get it transferred here later
dog-smiley.gif
this one might be better for Nancy and all of her walks with Luther LOL! Sounds like you had a very productive day yesterday and made some sales too!! BONUS!! Nice to know that Caits good actions got some results! I hope she doesn't end up having to go testify, but if thats what it takes to get him behind bars then so be it, she did the right thing for sure!!

Claire - I hope that Robbie is feeling better! Nice that you got your tree all set up and are ready for the big day! I bet Robbie will be getting excited!

Rae - Happy shopping amongst the maddening crowds! We did not have to do too much yesterday in the way of shopping and treated ourselves to Halibut and Shrimp for lunch at the Rock Cod Cafe for lunch, soooo yummy!!

Kat - Glad you are home and I bet you are sound asleep, catching up after that horrendous long flight day! Looking forward to seeing you in here again!

Ok I need to get breakfast ready for DH and myself, then we are bottling some more wine and I think that the rest of the day will be spent cleaning up the back and front yard of debris from the last wind storm :mmph: Hope everyone enjoys this Sunday!! :wave:

ceeflower

yep we are all getting excited, it will be great to have Richad home, our first Christmas in this house.
Robbies tests are nothing special he is on certain meds(for life) and needs blood tests to check the levels continue to be ok. He needs a jab too and as he is a chronic needle phobic this all has to be done under sedation.He also needs a treatment from his nurses.He needs to be well for the tests as they are an annual pointer for future meds and could be skewed if he is unwell.
Good Luck everyone with shopping, baking etc