Oscraps

Daily Ooos: December 16-17: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Not to freak anyone out or anything, but it is the last full weekend before Christmas.

:eek: :eek3:
Sorry!!

:flyswatter:

Guess what? Either I was way more relaxed than usual or superduper-extra exhausted this morning, but I slept until 6.30! I can't tell you the last time I slept that "late." It felt good! Of course, now I feel like I am running late, whatever that means anymore. LOL

Come closer..... can you keep a secret?
Operation: SHORTBREADS was a success!! Gary texted me when he was on his way home- right before the pan came out of the oven. I let them cool for a few minutes on the counter, put them into the pan's box (it's a stoneware shortbread pan), and then left it on my dresser to finish cooling. Gary had to run around the corner in the afternoon which was perfect timing for them to be taken out of the stoneware and put into a tin. He didn't see them at all. I poison-tested (my fam's excuse for tasting something before it gets served, usually something baked) some of the crumbs-- perfection! The tin had been sitting empty on my dresser for -ummmmm, no idea, but a really long time. He won't even realize anything is in there. :rotfl:

I sorted through the boxes of gifts-- and I had lost a few, then found them, then I couldn't figure out who the cables were for, Gary or Tom? I'm glad I got that better organized. I need a few more stocking things for Tom and Gary but the family itself is good. I made a salt-free Greek Seasoning mix for my parents and today I hope to make up the shake and bake mix. @Cherylndesigns Cheryl -- since we share a sincere love for small jars, you will understand why I had to buy a set of two with red lids from Dollar General yesterday. I popped in to get some dried oregano and saw them. Had to get them. Had. To. :D

Of to the FP today, I hope to get there a little earlier than usual. The church is having a pancake breakfast at the same time as the pantry which is gonna be :crazy: b/c of the holiday as it is. It's going to be a madhouse. Cait isn't coming with me either.:(

Depending on what time I get home, I am either going to wrap some gifts (provided I can find the name tags), or maybe make the shake and bake mix. Maybe both? I am sure I have plenty to do.

Enjoy the weekend, O-Fam!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Isn't it sad when sleeping until 5 am is "late?"
Hope the weather is calmer today. The East Coast is expecting a big storm coming from FL all the way up to here. We have flood warnings tomorrow into Monday again. (mumbles to myself: rain is better than snow)
I must have missed that your sister is definitely not coming for Christmas or I read it and forgot. I'm sorry that she isn't but with the weather being so unpredictable I guess it's a smart decision. Happy that your DDs will be visiting!

@vickyday Hope that the PJ day and heating pad helped the pain levels and that you are all better today.

@taxed4ever Woot about the calendars. IKWYM about still doing them, I go through that every year with my albums for Christopher. I decided that I'm not doing it for this year, he's going to be 13 in May and that's probably the last thing he wants. Talk to me in April when I change my mind and have to make 20 pages in 2 weeks. goofysmile1

@Cherylndesigns What a busy day you had. At least the dogs have been good. And Sam- as good as cats can behave LOL
Actually, that is the truth about ticks. Some people have a pheromone that attracts them. One theory is that people with past Lyme infections have more of it. But it's a chicken and an egg thing. Gary can literally stand in the driveway or walk to the mailbox and get ticks on him, it's so bad for him.
I thought of you the other night when we were watching a movie. It starred Danny DeVito and Kristen Chenoweth. Funny to see them together and not have a huge height difference. :D

Anyway, I better get going, I try to be off the computer by 8 and it is 8.29...

xoxoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. My get-out-of-bed-time seems to be stuck at 5AM. Did a quick stop in the challenge and commented on the layout there and then hopped over to FB for a quick read. Got caught up on CT planning for the new year... Yea!!!

Yesterday turned into a beautiful... and warm (55*F) sunshiny day. Got over to the base and picked up Rx's and did the grocery shopping at the commissary. I took lots of reusable shopping bags and filled all but 2 of them. I was surprised it wasn't crowded so was a pleasant and leisurely shopping time. Had to stand in-line for about 20 minutes to pick-up the Rx's but had a nice chat with a couple of people in line with me. The pharmacy was really busy with all the seats filled with people activating their new prescriptions and waiting for them to be filled. Guess a lot of them were like me - wanting to get the meds before the Holiday. Traffic was heavy coming home (2:30 PM) - then I realized it was Friday afternoon and lots of people were heading home early for the weekend.

Was so glad to get the groceries unloaded (so happy I have a rolling shopping bin to put the bags in to bring them from the garage and into the house) and put away. After supper, I binged-watched three of The Crown episodes (of the last one that was just released). Will watch the remaining ones sometime today/this evening. Before watching it, I realized that the batteries in the TV remote were getting weak so went to get new batteries for it. Had to open a new package... and you know how hard some of them are to get open... I was using a refillable pencil to punch the opening on the back of the package. It slipped and punched a small hole in my left hand at the base of the thumb. OUCH!! It bled a small amount then stopped. But when I washed my hand a few hours later - it bled and bled!!! Guess I washed the clot off. Finally got it stopped (2 bandaids later) but it is sore this morning. And yes, momma Chris, I put some antiseptic meds on the bandaids.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Not to freak anyone out or anything, but it is the last full weekend before Christmas.

Sorry!!

Guess what? Either I was way more relaxed than usual or superduper-extra exhausted this morning, but I slept until 6.30! I can't tell you the last time I slept that "late." It felt good! Of course, now I feel like I am running late, whatever that means anymore. LOL

Operation: SHORTBREADS was a success!! Gary texted me when he was on his way home- right before the pan came out of the oven. I let them cool for a few minutes on the counter, put them into the pan's box (it's a stoneware shortbread pan), and then left it on my dresser to finish cooling. Gary had to run around the corner in the afternoon which was perfect timing for them to be taken out of the stoneware and put into a tin. He didn't see them at all. I poison-tested (my fam's excuse for tasting something before it gets served, usually something baked) some of the crumbs-- perfection! The tin had been sitting empty on my dresser for -ummmmm, no idea, but a really long time. He won't even realize anything is in there. :rotfl:

I sorted through the boxes of gifts-- and I had lost a few, then found them, then I couldn't figure out who the cables were for, Gary or Tom? I'm glad I got that better organized. I need a few more stocking things for Tom and Gary but the family itself is good. I made a salt-free Greek Seasoning mix for my parents and today I hope to make up the shake and bake mix. @Cherylndesigns Cheryl -- since we share a sincere love for small jars, you will understand why I had to buy a set of two with red lids from Dollar General yesterday. I popped in to get some dried oregano and saw them. Had to get them. Had. To. :D

Of to the FP today, I hope to get there a little earlier than usual. The church is having a pancake breakfast at the same time as the pantry which is gonna be :crazy: b/c of the holiday as it is. It's going to be a madhouse. Cait isn't coming with me either.:(

Depending on what time I get home, I am either going to wrap some gifts (provided I can find the name tags), or maybe make the shake and bake mix. Maybe both? I am sure I have plenty to do.

YAY for your productivity on all accounts! So much more than me.....who hasn't really done a thing this week but get Christmas cards mailed!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Isn't it sad when sleeping until 5 am is "late?"
Hope the weather is calmer today. The East Coast is expecting a big storm coming from FL all the way up to here. We have flood warnings tomorrow into Monday again. (mumbles to myself: rain is better than snow)
I must have missed that your sister is definitely not coming for Christmas or I read it and forgot. I'm sorry that she isn't but with the weather being so unpredictable I guess it's a smart decision. Happy that your DDs will be visiting!

@vickyday Hope that the PJ day and heating pad helped the pain levels and that you are all better today.

@taxed4ever Woot about the calendars. IKWYM about still doing them, I go through that every year with my albums for Christopher. I decided that I'm not doing it for this year, he's going to be 13 in May and that's probably the last thing he wants. Talk to me in April when I change my mind and have to make 20 pages in 2 weeks. goofysmile1

@Cherylndesigns What a busy day you had. At least the dogs have been good. And Sam- as good as cats can behave LOL
Actually, that is the truth about ticks. Some people have a pheromone that attracts them. One theory is that people with past Lyme infections have more of it. But it's a chicken and an egg thing. Gary can literally stand in the driveway or walk to the mailbox and get ticks on him, it's so bad for him.
I thought of you the other night when we were watching a movie. It starred Danny DeVito and Kristen Chenoweth. Funny to see them together and not have a huge height difference. :D

Anyway, I better get going, I try to be off the computer by 8 and it is 8.29...

xoxoxo
I wouldn't say all better, exactly, but I feel like I can do some sweeping and dusting today! We will start with that! Maybe sit on the heating pad for a bit afterwards before starting some laundry and straightening and picking up!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. My get-out-of-bed-time seems to be stuck at 5AM. Did a quick stop in the challenge and commented on the layout there and then hopped over to FB for a quick read. Got caught up on CT planning for the new year... Yea!!!

Yesterday turned into a beautiful... and warm (55*F) sunshiny day. Got over to the base and picked up Rx's and did the grocery shopping at the commissary. I took lots of reusable shopping bags and filled all but 2 of them. I was surprised it wasn't crowded so was a pleasant and leisurely shopping time. Had to stand in-line for about 20 minutes to pick-up the Rx's but had a nice chat with a couple of people in line with me. The pharmacy was really busy with all the seats filled with people activating their new prescriptions and waiting for them to be filled. Guess a lot of them were like me - wanting to get the meds before the Holiday. Traffic was heavy coming home (2:30 PM) - then I realized it was Friday afternoon and lots of people were heading home early for the weekend.

Was so glad to get the groceries unloaded (so happy I have a rolling shopping bin to put the bags in to bring them from the garage and into the house) and put away. After supper, I binged-watched three of The Crown episodes (of the last one that was just released). Will watch the remaining ones sometime today/this evening. Before watching it, I realized that the batteries in the TV remote were getting weak so went to get new batteries for it. Had to open a new package... and you know how hard some of them are to get open... I was using a refillable pencil to punch the opening on the back of the package. It slipped and punched a small hole in my left hand at the base of the thumb. OUCH!! It bled a small amount then stopped. But when I washed my hand a few hours later - it bled and bled!!! Guess I washed the clot off. Finally got it stopped (2 bandaids later) but it is sore this morning. And yes, momma Chris, I put some antiseptic meds on the bandaids.

OUCH! Its amazing how quickly a small task can turn "deadly!" I hate opening packages like that!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
I spent all day in my jammies yesterday updating my family tree with info from my newly-found cousin and adding pictures and deleting duplicate entries. I'm on the hunt for more photos now.

Did I mention that I looked up the old town in Indiana that I lived in when I was a little girl and that took me down the rabbit hole to finding some old family friends and located them in Arizona. Contacted them and ended up talking on the phone for about 30 minutes with the son. Mark said I was being pretty nostalgic this week and I guess I am with the discovery of a cousin. HA!

Today I plan on doing some sweeping and dusting. Then I'll rest my back on the heating pad. Then I will tackle some laundry.

I got the appointment for physical therapy for my cracking, popping and crunching neck for the end of January. And the same place does the bone density testing. So that is set up, too! YAY me!

Mark is in the woods already. Imagine that, LOL! He is working on building the other 2 doors for the cabin and miscellaneous stuff.

Later on today I need to spend some time in the gallery doing some commenting. I still need to finish up my November monthly review, too, and get started on December.

Have a great weekend!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
:wavinghello:Morning ladies! Happy Saturday! Yikes the last full weekend before Christmas @faerywings you just had to say it, didn't you!! :shakingsense:LOL just kidding,:yourecute:. I spent the entire afternoon putting on birthdates and holiday etc. on the Calendar before finally sending them off to the printer. I never thought it would take me so long :banghead:. Oh well the first one will be for myself so I can check and see if there are any mistakes I have made, sometimes I just get too cross-eyed to really check my work out properly. So DH and I will be busy doing our errands and getting groceries etc. We are also going to look for a cute little outfit for your newest grand niece as we will be spending Boxing Day with her and the rest of the family. It was a glorious afternoon yesterday, so sunny and very warm! So unlike December!! SIL Linda text me in the afternoon and said we should have gone out on the kayaks the Lake was dead calm and it was so nice in the sunshine. Any way I am just popping in to say hello and hope that you all have a lovely Saturday! I will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow, DH and I are almost ready to hit the road and get on with the day! :xmas-sheep:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. The unpacking has been on hold for the last 3 days. I went into a clinic on Wed, have high BP and terrible respiratory sounds so was sent for an xray. They gave me a puffer but it hasn't helped, I couldn't take the steroid she advised b/c of my glaucoma. We'll see what the x-ray says (should be available in the next few days). I booked appt for Tues to go back. I've been really sick, sleeping as much as I can in between hacking terrible coughs. I'm winded just walking from one room to another. In the meantime, D developed another fistula (this is 4th or 5th time this year??? crazy). So Jen took him into the nearest hospital. They did surgery yesterday. He will probably come home this afternoon. So definitely no Xmas tree and possibly no presents this year. I am hoping for treatment in a few days so hope to feel somewhat better by the end of next week. D will be going to wound care once or twice a week for awhile but he thinks they can set it up for the urgent care clinic close to us. So we sure are having our medical issues right now but at least we are getting care.

My brain has been so fuzzy that I just figured out today that I went to the wrong clinic LOL. I could have gone to Anchor's other clinic which is 15 km away instead of 30. I sent a message asking if I could go to the closer one for the Tues appt.

I am so tired and foggy but might try scrapping a page today. I don't have all my EHDs set up yet, I ordered a USB hub so I can set them all up nicely on the stand beside my computer so won't bother with them until the hub comes. My speakers don't work (I think we had this problem when we moved last year too) so D can look at that when he feels better.

With all the laying around I am doing, I have been watching lots of Netflix Xmas moves. Sure hope next week is a better one for us and we can get back to unpacking.

@faerywings Your shortbreads always turn out wonderful, don't they? Salt free greek seasoning mix sounds good. I'm going to tweak my diet for a bit, more of a Mediterranean diet (I was hooked on it during our holiday).

@vickyday Make good use of that heating pad, I can't figure out where mine is but it's somewhere so eventually will turn up.

@BrightEyes I can relate to the packaging injury. I don't know how many times I have cut myself on the edging, trying to pull and pry the packaging off.

@taxed4ever You always have a busy wkend, hope you get to relax too.

I'm going to try getting a page done today, I'm tired and weak but I think sitting up for a bit will be good for me. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon.

It's only 48 today and still drizzling. It rained hard yesterday, but not so much today. Still it's just gloomy. I need to turn my SAD light on. DUH! I never remember until I'm suffering from sad then I think "turn on your light". :banghead::banghead:

Chris @faerywings that's interesting about the ticks. You know we have deer ticks here, too - we see deer everywhere, especially at night - herds of them. They like to congregate in the field right beside our house, in front of the woods. That seems to be "their crossing". It MIGHT be the pheromones. I didn't think about that. We always call Ava the tick magnet.

I was going to tell you that I find the cutest little jars at The Dollar Tree. I love the 1950's salt and pepper shakers - they used to be bigger, but they're still cute. I put some of my spices in them, as well as regular salt and pepper. I have little jars for so many things - I even keep my SOS pads in a small Mason jar. LOL These are the shakers I like.

sps4+crop-3156494324.jpg

Glad your shortbread turned out well. I love shortbread - it doesn't give me heartburn like most cookies do. I get them with coffee sometimes, when we go to the coffee shop. I don't drink coffee much these days, but when I do, I love the shortbread with it.

Rae @bcgal00 glad to hear from you, but it sounds like it's been a medical nightmare around your house! Hope you and D get back on the road to recovery soon.

I'm going to get off of here now and see what I need to get done. I fixed Chuck's food, ran the dishwasher and am starting a load of laundry.

Hugs to all and have a good Saturday. XOXO

Su_Sanne

Sorry!!

OMG! You are so diligent!!
I'm really ashamed that I'm so inactive. :hiding1:We have little to prepare. Antje and Tobias have their families and are very far away. It has to be enough for telephone conversations, which is sometimes a shame! But I still know the times when I was working. Shopping, cleaning, cooking, wrapping presents and after the holidays I was completely knocked out! But it was still nice. I have given away homemade items for many years. I had a lot of fun working with ceramics and creating window pictures myself. I decorated Sterofoam balls with statuettes and flowers. There was always something new to try and my kitchen looked more like a workshop. It gave me so much joy and was a good way to relax after a day at work to create something with my own hands! That's why I admire anyone who is somewhat skilled and creative, because I know how much passion and work goes into it. Today I would be happy with lemon pepper or a specially made baking mix! What a great idea! Maybe a bottle of home-made eggnog? Hang in there, Chris! And look forward to a glass to relax on Christmas Eve!! :wine3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. The unpacking has been on hold for the last 3 days. I went into a clinic on Wed, have high BP and terrible respiratory sounds so was sent for an xray. They gave me a puffer but it hasn't helped, I couldn't take the steroid she advised b/c of my glaucoma. We'll see what the x-ray says (should be available in the next few days). I booked appt for Tues to go back. I've been really sick, sleeping as much as I can in between hacking terrible coughs. I'm winded just walking from one room to another. In the meantime, D developed another fistula (this is 4th or 5th time this year??? crazy). So Jen took him into the nearest hospital. They did surgery yesterday. He will probably come home this afternoon. So definitely no Xmas tree and possibly no presents this year. I am hoping for treatment in a few days so hope to feel somewhat better by the end of next week. D will be going to wound care once or twice a week for awhile but he thinks they can set it up for the urgent care clinic close to us. So we sure are having our medical issues right now but at least we are getting care.

My brain has been so fuzzy that I just figured out today that I went to the wrong clinic LOL. I could have gone to Anchor's other clinic which is 15 km away instead of 30. I sent a message asking if I could go to the closer one for the Tues appt.

I am so tired and foggy but might try scrapping a page today. I don't have all my EHDs set up yet, I ordered a USB hub so I can set them all up nicely on the stand beside my computer so won't bother with them until the hub comes. My speakers don't work (I think we had this problem when we moved last year too) so D can look at that when he feels better.

With all the laying around I am doing, I have been watching lots of Netflix Xmas moves. Sure hope next week is a better one for us and we can get back to unpacking.

@faerywings Your shortbreads always turn out wonderful, don't they? Salt free greek seasoning mix sounds good. I'm going to tweak my diet for a bit, more of a Mediterranean diet (I was hooked on it during our holiday).

@vickyday Make good use of that heating pad, I can't figure out where mine is but it's somewhere so eventually will turn up.

@BrightEyes I can relate to the packaging injury. I don't know how many times I have cut myself on the edging, trying to pull and pry the packaging off.

I'm going to try getting a page done today, I'm tired and weak but I think sitting up for a bit will be good for me. HAGD everyone.
My goodness, Rae! You have sure had yourself one crazy health issues year! I sure hope the new year brings better health for you and your DH! :hug4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon.

It's only 48 today and still drizzling. It rained hard yesterday, but not so much today. Still it's just gloomy. I need to turn my SAD light on. DUH! I never remember until I'm suffering from sad then I think "turn on your light". :banghead::banghead:

Chris @faerywings that's interesting about the ticks. You know we have deer ticks here, too - we see deer everywhere, especially at night - herds of them. They like to congregate in the field right beside our house, in front of the woods. That seems to be "their crossing". It MIGHT be the pheromones. I didn't think about that. We always call Ava the tick magnet.

I was going to tell you that I find the cutest little jars at The Dollar Tree. I love the 1950's salt and pepper shakers - they used to be bigger, but they're still cute. I put some of my spices in them, as well as regular salt and pepper. I have little jars for so many things - I even keep my SOS pads in a small Mason jar. LOL These are the shakers I like.

View attachment 409265

Glad your shortbread turned out well. I love shortbread - it doesn't give me heartburn like most cookies do. I get them with coffee sometimes, when we go to the coffee shop. I don't drink coffee much these days, but when I do, I love the shortbread with it.

Rae @bcgal00 glad to hear from you, but it sounds like it's been a medical nightmare around your house! Hope you and D get back on the road to recovery soon.

I'm going to get off of here now and see what I need to get done. I fixed Chuck's food, ran the dishwasher and am starting a load of laundry.

Are your Dollar Trees charging $1.25 now, too?

Su_Sanne

You were so hard working too, Kay! I hope you've finished all your Christmas shopping soon and can continue to take care of the CT (Creative Team?)! I also hope your hand is feeling better! :praying2: :kiss2:

Su_Sanne

Good Morning!
I spent all day in my jammies yesterday updating my family tree with info from my newly-found cousin and adding pictures and deleting duplicate entries. I'm on the hunt for more photos now.

Did I mention that I looked up the old town in Indiana that I lived in when I was a little girl and that took me down the rabbit hole to finding some old family friends and located them in Arizona. Contacted them and ended up talking on the phone for about 30 minutes with the son. Mark said I was being pretty nostalgic this week and I guess I am with the discovery of a cousin. HA!

Today I plan on doing some sweeping and dusting. Then I'll rest my back on the heating pad. Then I will tackle some laundry.

I got the appointment for physical therapy for my cracking, popping and crunching neck for the end of January. And the same place does the bone density testing. So that is set up, too! YAY me!

Mark is in the woods already. Imagine that, LOL! He is working on building the other 2 doors for the cabin and miscellaneous stuff.

Later on today I need to spend some time in the gallery doing some commenting. I still need to finish up my November monthly review, too, and get started on December.

Have a great weekend!
How nice that you are working on a family tree! What an interesting and emotional task. My cousin also did this very intensively and found out a lot about our mother's family. You all really have a lot to do as Cheery Ooos! A lot of preparation and work in the gallery! Wow! And do crafts at the same time. Oh yeah, and housework, family, church work, pets and so on. I'm already busy with your great challenges... phew! :cowwaving::cowwaving:

Su_Sanne

:wavinghello:Morning ladies! Happy Saturday! Yikes the last full weekend before Christmas @faerywings you just had to say it, didn't you!! :shakingsense:LOL just kidding,:yourecute:. I spent the entire afternoon putting on birthdates and holiday etc. on the Calendar before finally sending them off to the printer. I never thought it would take me so long :banghead:. Oh well the first one will be for myself so I can check and see if there are any mistakes I have made, sometimes I just get too cross-eyed to really check my work out properly. So DH and I will be busy doing our errands and getting groceries etc. We are also going to look for a cute little outfit for your newest grand niece as we will be spending Boxing Day with her and the rest of the family. It was a glorious afternoon yesterday, so sunny and very warm! So unlike December!! SIL Linda text me in the afternoon and said we should have gone out on the kayaks the Lake was dead calm and it was so nice in the sunshine. Any way I am just popping in to say hello and hope that you all have a lovely Saturday! I will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow, DH and I are almost ready to hit the road and get on with the day! :xmas-sheep:

:waving1I would love to see a calendar like this from you, Trudy! I imagine how great you are at scraping family photos. Maybe you could show us a page? Have fun Christmas shopping and have a nice Sunday. Maybe you can go kayaking again soon? I keep my fingers crossed! :xmas8:

Su_Sanne

Oh dear, Rae! The move was too much for you!! Did you catch long Covid? Hopefully not!!! Lots of rest and drinking lots of tea and of course medical help will get you and DH back on your feet! I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way and wish you a speedy recovery!!! :heartpumppink::heartpumppink::hug4::heartpumppink::heartpumppink:

Su_Sanne

Good afternoon.

View attachment 409265

Cheryl, so good to read from you! :kiss2:
SAD light? I think I know what you mean. We have lava stones with a wonderful warm light that you can turn on on cloudy days. It's worst in November... We'll read each other before Christmas! Until then, don't do so much anymore! :xmas6:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
You were so hard working too, Kay! I hope you've finished all your Christmas shopping soon and can continue to take care of the CT (Creative Team?)! I also hope your hand is feeling better! :praying2: :kiss2:
Susanne, Ona (@wombat146) is in charge of the CT... not me. I was just happy that Ona had the start of next year for the CT set up. Makes it easier when I know which challenge and when I will host. I am not doing any Christmas shopping - taking a break from it this year. Yes, this has been a long and stressful year health wise - but I am making progress on that front.

So nice to see you popping in again. BTW, I love your holiday siggy and avatar.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Cheryl, so good to read from you! :kiss2:
SAD light? I think I know what you mean. We have lava stones with a wonderful warm light that you can turn on on cloudy days. It's worst in November... We'll read each other before Christmas! Until then, don't do so much anymore! :xmas6:
Hi Susanne! It's so good to have you pop in here! A SAD light is a "Seasonal Affective Disorder" light. It puts off whatever kind of rays that helps people with seasonal depression. It's supposed to emulate the sun's rays. Mine has several settings on it and I only need it when it's dark and gloomy. Generally, only in the winter time. Chris @faerywings has one, also, and we often have to remind each other to turn out lights on.

I'm all done with my Christmas decoration, such as it is. No tree this year, but I still wanted to go through all of my boxes and see what I wanted to set out. :xmas6:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Helllooooo and happy Sunday!
The one-week countdown begins (for us silly people who consider Christmas to be a two-day holiday). My brother called yesterday to remind me of that. As if I could forget :giggle4:
He also called to report that my mom, and dad were off the rails again. Yay. I talked to her in the afternoon and she sounded normal to me, hopefully, they worked whatever was bugging them out of their systems. Just met me pretend for a day or so, K. Thanks.

FP was not as bad as I was expecting... and I met the funniest lady there. We ended up chatting for a long time while we were waiting outside and about 15 minutes later, I asked her if she was Italian. And she is. I knew it! She had that vibe and talked with her hands just like me. We were cracking up about how friends say that the easiest way to shut us up is to make us sit on our hands (me) or tie our hands together (her).
I didn't get any spices made yesterday, Cait needed the kitchen. I started to arrange the flowers in the vase I got for my BFF. I found what I think is a kitchen utensil jar at TJ MAXX on Clearance. It is a plain white "bucket/jar/container" with the words "measure your life in love" -- a tagline from our favorite play, Rent- written on it. It was empty but in the kitchen section which is why I think it was for utensils. I gathered up some flowers/greenery and floral foam, shoved it all inside the jar, and added some ribbon. I'll finish fluffing and arranging the stems today before I wrap it up.
Since I couldn't be in the kitchen, I wanted to look for the little chalkboard labels I was going to use on the gift jars. My office closet is a mess. It's on my list of things to clean out after the holidays and I had to take just about everything out to look for them. After an *hour* I finally found them in a box of paint and paintbrushes. WHY WHY WHYYYYYY would I put adhesive labels in with the paint?????
By the time I found them, I was exhausted, dehydrated, and out of breath from climbing up and down the step ladder a gazillion trillion bazillion times and climbing into a closet that is most definitely *not* a walk-in. (like my hyperbole? :floorlaugh: )
Plus it was time to cook dinner.

All of that is on my list for today.
At least I feel like I can see the end of my list, things getting crossed off slowly. :yesss:

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes You sound like you had some very productive days!! I bet the 55* weather felt fantastic, it was close to that yesterday. Scott was leading an ugly Christmas sweater hike yesterday that I would have, loved to go on, but I had to be at the FP instead. Was a great day to be outside. I ended up raking the rest of the front lawn. Having to walk J on a leash in the dark for her to go potty-- there are lots of poop bombs under the leaves. (Sorry- way TMI LOL)
Ha!! You know me too well and can recognize when I am about to give bossy advice.
And yes, momma Chris, I put some antiseptic meds on the bandaids.
How is your finger today? Did it go through your head as you were mid-punch that this was not a good idea but then it was too late to stop? I do that to myself with knives and the plastic wrap on jar lids allll the time.

@vickyday That's no small feat getting your Christmas Cards in the mail! Good job!
I am really excited for you, finding new family and friends! ♥
I'm proud of you too, getting the PT and DEXA test scheduled. And I added that to my to-do list for January! I'm also overdue for a checkup and I should think about a cardiologist visit to get a baseline done since heart disease is rampant in my family.
Hope you are far enough inland not to get too drenched from the storm.

@taxed4ever Adding the special days to your calendar sounds like it would make you dizzy after a while. Did you pick your copy up yet? *fingers crossed for no mistakes!*
Did you find an outfit for your grand-niece? Shopping for babies is always fun.

@bcgal00 Oh my, you poor thing, and D too! BIG hugs and healing thoughts coming your way :sparkles1:
It's awful that you can't seem to shake what is going on. And *another* fistula? D must be so done with all. On the positive side, at least you know that you did the right thing moving out of Kamloops. Hang in there, rest as much as you can, and feel better!!!!

@Cherylndesigns I have the same shakers! I don't use them every day but they are with the party supplies. I got them for Cait's grad party and they are too cute! Hahaha!! I haven't sat down long enough to put the SAD light on. I should put that on my to-do list too so when I am sitting, it won't slip my mind like it usually does.
heh, that is what we call Gary too- Tick magnet. Since Ava is outdoors a lot, she should treat her outerwear/shoes/hats with permethrin. I have to redo my boots and do my coats before I start work (I am still so excited that I am gonna be working -- and outside- and with kids!! dance3 )

@Su_Sanne I love your signature and avatar too ♥ Holiday prep is exhausting but I know that when it is just me and Gary next year I am going to miss a lot of it. Your kitchen workshop sounds like mine used to be. For most of December, we couldn't eat at the dining room table because I had crafts supplies and projects all spread out. :)
I wish you lived close, we would have a good time making a creative mess together.

:hug4:

Su_Sanne

@BrightEyes You sound like you had some very productive days!! I bet the 55* weather felt fantastic, it was close to that yesterday. Scott was leading an ugly Christmas sweater hike yesterday that I would have, loved to go on, but I had to be at the FP instead. Was a great day to be outside. I ended up raking the rest of the front lawn. Having to walk J on a leash in the dark for her to go potty-- there are lots of poop bombs under the leaves. (Sorry- way TMI LOL)
Ha!! You know me too well and can recognize when I am about to give bossy advice.

How is your finger today? Did it go through your head as you were mid-punch that this was not a good idea but then it was too late to stop? I do that to myself with knives and the plastic wrap on jar lids allll the time.

@vickyday That's no small feat getting your Christmas Cards in the mail! Good job!
I'm proud of you too, getting the PT and DEXA test scheduled. And I added that to my to-do list for January! I'm also overdue for a checkup and I should think about a cardiologist visit to get a baseline done since heart disease is rampant in my family.

@taxed4ever Adding the special days to your calendar sounds like it would make you dizzy after a while. Did you pick your copy up yet? *fingers crossed for no mistakes!*

@bcgal00 Oh my, you poor thing, and D too! BIG hugs and healing thoughts coming your way :sparkles1:
It's awful that you can't seem to shake what is going on. And *another* fistula? D must be so done with all. On the positive side, at least you know that you did the right thing moving out of Kamloops. Hang in there, rest as much as you can, and feel better!!!!

@Cherylndesigns I have the same shakers! I don't use them every day but they are with the party supplies. I got them for Cait's grad party and they are too cute! Hahaha!! I haven't sat down long enough to put the SAD light on. I should put that on my to-do list too so when I am sitting, it won't slip my mind like it usually does.
heh, that is what we call Gary too- Tick magnet. Since Ava is outdoors a lot, she should treat her outerwear/shoes/hats with permethrin. I have to redo my boots and do my coats before I start work (I am still so excited that I am gonna be working -- and outside- and with kids!! dance3 )

@Su_Sanne I love your signature and avatar too ♥ Holiday prep is exhausting but I know that when it is just me and Gary next year I am going to miss a lot of it. Your kitchen workshop sounds like mine used to be. For most of December, we couldn't eat at the dining room table because I had crafts supplies and projects all spread out. :)
I wish you lived close, we would have a good time making a creative mess together.

Wouldn't that be nice?? We could listen to rock music while we craft or cook. I would even watch a horror film with you... I often wish I could get to know you all in person because I think we all have our hearts in/on the right place (that's what they say in Germany) :heartpumppink:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning all. Managed to sleep in until 6AM. I am doing a happy dance... dance3 DD#1 and her hubby will be here this afternoon!!! Turns out his eye clinic got cancelled due to the bad weather north of here but they decided to come out anyway and visit until Wednesday. DD#3 is going to come down this evening and spend the night. Tomorrow us gals are going to the bank and credit union to get DD#3 on the Safety Deposit boxes signature cards. The legal rule is that ALL the people on it have to be present to add anyone else. We have been saying we would get it done for the past 2 years but it didn't happen. , SonInLaw is going to have lunch with his friend and ex-boss. Tuesday DD#2 and hubby will spend the day with their son and then they fly back home on Wednesday. I am so happy that we are in the lull between the storms while they are here.

And yes, momma Chris, I put some antiseptic meds on the bandaids.
Chris, I wish you could have gone on the 'fun' hike with Scott... bet you have an ugly Christmas sweater that you could have worn. :giggle4: And, yes... I did hear your "Momma's voice" when I was digging out the bandaids. The thumb is sore at the base of it where the injury is and the bandaid keeps coming loose at the ends. No way was I going to use a knife or scissors to open the battery package... I thought the pencil was the 'safest' thing to use. :thinking2::eek:o_O I know better now!!!

Speaking of jar lids... I love my new "Instacan" electric jar lid opener!! I have used it to open mayo jars, jelly jars, and even small drink lids. No more struggling to open lids any more. Had to LOL over where you found the sticker labels in with paintbrushes... that might be something I would do, too. Oh, your poor aching legs and back climbing up and down the step stool.

@Cherylndesigns I have a couple of those small shaker jars, too. They are so cute. I agree that the store sign should be $1.25 Store now that all the items are that price or higher. So good to hear that hubby is improving. I did pick up some Strawberry Boost at the commissary and thought of him when I saw it.

@bcgal00 Rae, so sorry you are still so sick!!! But glad there is medical care nearby. WOW, you all have really had a lot of medical issues and dealing with the move and re-settling on top of that. Sending healing thoughts your way.

@taxed4ever Smart move on sending the calendars to print places where the family lives. My hat is off to you on getting those done every year! I do good just to write dates on pre-printed calendars!! :rotfl:

The hands are yelling at me so have to close this out. CYL

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

We are 4 hours in but we have been getting rain most of the night and I think we are expecting it to rain most if not all day. Good day to veg in the recliner.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies,
Got the floors swept and the furniture dusted yesterday while I ran a load of bed linens and a load of doggy blankets and I was done in. So I turned the heating pad on and sat in the recliner and organized my digi files. Pictures and scrap kits. Got my November monthly review done and posted. Now I need to start on December. I'll probably start on that this afternoon after church and lunch. Tonight we are going to a Christmas program at my daughter's church. Our oldest granddaughter is singing.

It's going to be a rainy day and here.

HAGD!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning all,

I've been up since about 8 this morning. I like to get up when I hear Chuck get up so I can corral the animals, let them out, feed them, etc. Then I made him a cup of coffee. He said, last night, that sounded good to him. He hasn't been wanting any, but he said it finally sounded good. I made it nice and sweet with lots of Half N Half. He'll want his cereal soon, so I can't be on here long.

Lila had a seizure last night. It wasn't a grand mall, but it was long-lasting. She didn't lose control of her bladder this time, thankfully. She still doesn't feel very well this morning. She was excited when I came out, went outside with Daisy and Sam and I was hopeful that she was ok. She's still not feeling very well and is back on the couch in her spot. I'll have to give her some extra loving today, poor thing. It's a "Doodle thing" but hers are far more frequent and worse than Daisy's. Daisy has one occasionally and they're very frightening for the dog and us. There IS medication, but the vet says the side effects are pretty bad and she doesn't recommend it.

BRB - It's cereal time.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm back. Chuck likes his cereal in one bowl and a glass of milk - he doesn't want the milk poured on the cereal. SO, I'm on auto pilot and pour the milk in the bowl of Strawberry Cheerios. Yikes what to do? I ate it and boy did it taste good. I can't remember the last time I had a bowl of cereal. I mean, I couldn't let it go to waste, could I? I don't drink milk very often either and it tasted so good. I drink Silk Almond Milk now and it's pretty good, but it's not milk. I think I'm going to try some Lactaid free milk - it's supposed to taste like "real" milk.

Chris @faerywings of course you have the same shakers and you too, Kay @BrightEyes . They're THE cutest things. Look at some of the crafty things you can do with them: https://www.debbie-debbiedoos.com/dollar-tree-salt-and-pepper-shaker-craft-ideas/

Chris, too bad you couldn't go on the Ugly Sweater Christmas hike. How funny - I don't own an ugly sweater, but could rig one up. Asher had Ugly Sweater Day at school, and we used to come up with some funny stuff to put on a sweatshirt. I did buy a Christmas sweatshirt at TJMaxx. I forgot to tell you - I don't buy things like that very often but this one had a Christmas Llama on it. It's not over-the-top Christmas'y.

Kay @BrightEyes I hope you enjoy your strawberry Boost as much as Chuck does. He loves strawberry flavor (i.e. the Strawberry Cheeries) - I also buy strawberry Greek Yogurt (the real thick kind) to put in his smoothies. I keep berry blend frozen fruit too as well as the fruit salad which has peaches, pineapple, etc. in it. The berry blend has big strawberries in it.

Susanne @Su_Sanne good to see you drop in here. You and Chris would have a grand time in the kitchen, listening to rock mush. I'm not sure how much baking would be going on, but it would be a blast.

Vicky @vickyday glad to hear you scheduled your bone density test. It's a good baseline test to have and then they can see if your bones have stayed the same or not over the next two years. Enjoy hearing your oldest granddaughter sing at the concert tonight.

Waving to Trudy @taxed4ever and Rae @bcgal00 and wishing all of you a wonderful Sunday. XOXO

Su_Sanne

Good morning all,

I've been up since about 8 this morning. I like to get up when I hear Chuck get up so I can corral the animals, let them out, feed them, etc. Then I made him a cup of coffee. He said, last night, that sounded good to him. He hasn't been wanting any, but he said it finally sounded good. I made it nice and sweet with lots of Half N Half. He'll want his cereal soon, so I can't be on here long.

Lila had a seizure last night. It wasn't a grand mall, but it was long-lasting. She didn't lose control of her bladder this time, thankfully. She still doesn't feel very well this morning. She was excited when I came out, went outside with Daisy and Sam and I was hopeful that she was ok. She's still not feeling very well and is back on the couch in her spot. I'll have to give her some extra loving today, poor thing. It's a "Doodle thing" but hers are far more frequent and worse than Daisy's. Daisy has one occasionally and they're very frightening for the dog and us. There IS medication, but the vet says the side effects are pretty bad and she doesn't recommend it.

BRB - It's cereal time.
Cheryl, it's good that you're eating cereal. I often mixed it with hot water because I didn't like the milk. But I should try it with a different type of milk. What is the “Doodle Thing”? A special disorder in these particularly sweet dogs? Fear or panic? Sounded like that. A special hug from me to all four- and two-legged friends. :heartpumppink: