Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: August 23-24:Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Craaaaaaaap!!!!!!!!!!!! Stick a fork in me, I am DONE!!! Crispy brown and burnt, Done.
When I did my infusion in the morning, it was still giving a lot of resistance. Another dose of heparin didn't help either. I put in a call to my Dr and was told that I needed to go to the ER again.Ugh!!! This time wasn't as big of an issue as the last time since it was not 100% blocked and clotted with blood. But the ER was packed so I had to do a lot of waiting. I brought a book, so that at least kept me occupied. But they had to do another chest x-ray, to make sure that the PICC line is in place, so that kind of worries me about more radiation exposure. But on the funny side is that at each step of the game, they had to ask me if there was any chance I was pg.:preggers:
Not a snowball's chance in hell!!!!!! :pound:
The one male nurse cracked up when I said that *very* emphatically. He said that he had to offer me either a pg test or I had to sign a consent form, and said he guessed I wanted the consent form.

My friend texted me while I was there and asked if anyone was with me,, so I said no, that I was nice and quiet with my book. Except for the crazy-lady down the hall, screaming how she needed someone to open the door to let her out or everyone would be sorry. Her husband dropped her off, said he would be right back and never showed up.The hospital was trying to contact him but he wasn't answering the phone so they ended up having to call the police to see if he was at home. Aside from her dementia there was no medical reason to keep her. So sad.

On a side note- in spite of all of the HIPPA laws, there must be absolutely no expectation of privacy in an ER.

I did ask every nurse/NP that came in to see me on what I can do to prevent this from happening again and they all said the same thing, pretty much that is is just one of those things that happens. Great :ballchain:

At least the sun is shining today. yay! Yesterday was gloomy but that worked out since I didn't have any plans to go to the lake. That would have pissed me off if I had to spend a nice day inside.
We were all invited to my IL's Cousins Party at the one cousin's lake house by me. I don't think I can deal with people. The kids aren't around and Gary isn't up to going. It is too exhausting trying to make small talk with people I only see a few times a year.
Tomorrow I will be social. My friend invited us to a Swedish Crayfish Party She lives a few houses down from me so if I get wiped out, I can just walk home.

Since I didn't get any scrapping done yesterday, i would like to do that today.

Hope that all of you have a wonderful day!!!
I was looking for something silly to post here to balance out my negativity but I saw this and though it was appropriate:
dfa933ffeb37beceb5302aac1422dce4.jpg

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I thought we had a confetti-throwing smilie, but I don't see it now, this one will have to do.:juggle:

Sara, you are a busy lady! Lots of family fun stuff, which is nice! Maybe not the moving stuff, but the dinner. :hungry:
Hope that you get to breathe before Sunday night. ;)

Nancy- we had so much lightening here Thursday night, it must have rained pretty good. With the damp and clouds, hopefully it gave the rain a lot of time to soak in good.
Congrats to your sister on being a grandmother again!
Thank you so much for understanding my weird rants and all. I got home yesterday right before dinner and Cait made these lemon crepes. They are from pancake mix but with lemon juice and zest and you fill them with lemon greek yogurt and sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar on top. So good! And my dessert was a nice big glass of wine! hahahah!!!

Love your photo advice for Trudy!

Trudy- I totally understand not wanting to clean the last remnants of the g-kids. That must be so hard. That restaurant sounds goooood! That fish platter is making my stomach growl and I bet the views are amazing.
Hope that your mojo comes back soon!

I have never heard of Romeo's, is it a chain in the midwest?

(I am thinking that I should get some b-fast, all of this talk of food is making my stomach growl!!)

Phyllis- more driving??? ACK!!! How does your back cope with all of that sitting? Hope that you get some good rest in and that your champagne was fabulous!

xoxoxo to all of you!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... I am off to lunch for MIL's birthday and we are picking up MIL,FIL and SIL to take with us as the luncheon is in Naniamo. About an hour from here. Should be a nice but noisy lunch as MIL and her Sister are very loud and laugh a lot when they are together. Not near as noisy as when the other Sister was still alive, OMG she was a riot but emarassingly loud!!!

Chris - Ugghh what a day you had at the ER!! Not the best way to spend your valuable time!! Glad to hear that the sun shining for you today, hope that you get outside to enjoy it!! Love your little quote!! Words to live by!!

Ok gotta get a card made and then get in the shower and get going!! Hope you all have a great day!! :wave:

nancyr

good morning - yesterday I cooked carbonara for dinner. OMgosh it was good. I love a simple dinner. My son had two helpings so that makes me feel good but I hate having to clean the mess just to cook! Got in a really good walk and my new hiking shoes are really comfortable. Stayed up late to finish the second of the Outlander book. Now I am going to take a break to scrap and save reading for up coming vacation plane flights. Today is the start of my son's move to the new house. Tomorrow is the big stuff today is just the little stuff fragile stuff. They took my Escape to put the big fish tank in. I said I don't want fish water all over my car. I am a tad worried.

Chris glad the line is fixed and perhaps the alone time and book time was good! The lemon crepes sound good.

Trudy enjoy the lunch and don't let the loudness bother! It is everyone else's problem. I think it is good to see people happy!

Hope everyone has a great day!

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
Good evening. Beginning to feel better after all the osteopath appointments. An additional appointment next week will probably be necessary but globally I am much better. Yesterday I had lunch with one of my friends. We went to a small café near home and it was pretty good. I hadn't eaten avocado with shrimps for such a long time! Then we spend a couple of hours at home and I showed her how to use Powerpoint because she has a presentation to do for her work. In the late afternoon, she drove me in the center of Paris since I had to deliver two paintings to some customers of my mix-media teacher (she is on vacation and I had offered to deal with it). Then we stopped by L'Occitane, which is a store that made some great products for the body: my friend offered me a relaxing kit :)
Today I had lunch with friends at a pizzeria near home, and finally spent one hour doing a few ironing. Tonight I will stay quietly at home. Tomorrow I will spend the day with my sister. We haven't seen for one month since she was on vacation, so I am more than happy to enjoy some time together before school starts again (my sister is a teacher).

Chris, glad you had everything fixed at the hospital. But waiting hours in the ER is so boring!! Lemon crepes sound yummy!

Trudy, hope you enjoyed your family lunch... and that you didn't get embarassed by the loudy talk of your MIL and her sister!!

Nancy, hope your car won't stink fish water!!

Have a great weekend everyone ;)

ourmisadventures

Chris – OMG!!! What a terrible experience!! I hope they got a social worker for that woman and her husband... to at least make sure they get a caregiver or someone to help out with their situation... that's not good!!!

And even more frustrating that they can't prevent your line from doing that again!!! Grrrrr!!!

But... happiness and confetti :) I'll rip up some paper later and toss that around for you!

Trudy – Have fun with all the in-laws!

Sabine – Glad you're feeling better!! Enjoy relaxing tonight!!!

ourmisadventures

Life is finally slowing down around here :) The last two weeks we were either sick, dealing with insanity at Jeff's work, or having to entertain a bunch of friends and family in town for a wedding. I'm no longer panicking about being behind, I'm almost caught up! Yay!

Tonight some friends are coming over for the new Dr. Who, but before that I'm going to another friend's to pick up her pressure canner to start canning broth for the fall and winter!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Well, is is bright and early on a Sunday morning. It turned out to be dreary and cold again. But today the sun is shining (for real!) and I hope that it stays that way.

I worked on the house again yesterday. I really just cannot seem to keep up with it.The fur alone is crazy. I guess because it has been so chilly, the animals are getting ready to have their winter fur in? I know *I* am not ready for that but damn its crazy here.

Yesterday's IV infusions went so well. What a difference. Unless you have ever had long-term iv stuff, I can't describe what it feels like and how different it can feel when there is pressure vs a clean line. That made me happy. And I scrapped another page for Leah's b-day album but I really need to get working on that if I am going to have it finished by the end of the month. Hmmm, where have I said that before?

Then more Iantosca/Campbell If it Weren't for Bad Luck, We'd have No Luck at All kicked in again. Scott texts me that he is heading home from his GF's. Then 5 minutes later he calls that he has a flat tire. He has a spare, and has a general idea of how to change it but isn't really sure about it all. Gary drives down there, has him change the tire and then they both headed home. That took an extra 2 hours out of the day for them. There was a bolt in the tire so god only knows how much a new one is going to cost. My dad put new tires on the car before he gave it to Scott, and that was just 2 years ago and he has only been driving it for a little over a year. (Which reminds me, he needs to get to the DMV to get his regular/non-provisional license soon)

Off to my friend's house this afternoon. I made homemade coleslaw with dinner last night and made a double batch so I am bringing that and an open bottle of wine. Tacky, right? But I am starting Tindamax tomorrow which means no alcohol for the week. Might has well finish it off with friends today.:)

Hope that the sun is shining by you!
:partywine

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Trudy- how was lunch? Hope it wasn't too embarrassing and loud. That is how my family is. All Italian, yelling, waving hand around, following about 20 conversations at once. Good, loud, fun. (When my parents aren't bickering, that is)

Nancy- ooooh yum!! Home made carbonara is so good!!
Did your car survive the fish tank? Hope that no water spilled. Stinky!

Sabine- I am really happy to hear that you are feeling better! Your weekend sounds amazing. I would love to go and eat in Paris with you.
Enjoy the day with your sister!

Meg- *catches little bits of ripped paper* Hey! I just cleaned in here!! :rofl:
I did your Template Challenge- it was a good one!!
Glad to hear that life is slowing down a bit for you. What did you think of the new Dr? We are watching it tonight (spoilers :D) and I always have a bit of a hard time transitioning to new drs. I read that Clara is leaving around Christmas. I never was all that crazy about her. I liked Amy and Rose much better.

Time for me to get more :tea:
Who else needs a cup?

petey111

Good morning ladies.

Other than going to the grocery store and working on a few random things here. I'm taking a breather today.

Yesterday was stinky. Tension, drama, fighting, sadness, weirdness.... Oy vey. In some ways, it's going to be a long 2 1/2 years until my in-laws come back permanently. And in some ways, it might be easier because there won't be as much pressure for the family to get together. After that whole day, we come home and I get a text from my psycho sister-in-law saying, "When you're done with the typewriter at school, I'd like to keep it here please." This is the antique typewriter that my father-in-law told me to take from the farm when we were cleaning out and I freaked out over it. WTF? She didn't want it then. She has no use/interest/memories with it. She just took roughly a dozen medium sized moving boxes from her parents' house of stuff. She took an entire truck bed worth of stuff from the farm when we cleaned it out. What the heck is her problem? My husband about came unglued. He actually said, "She is one of the worst people I know. I know some people who are really not nice people and she is in the top five." He says she's doing it just to take it away. I just didn't even respond to the text. Frankly, I didn't plan on "being done" with it at school ever...so I guess she'll just have to wait.

Ok. Enough about that - though there are many more stories I could include.

Trudy - I think our Romeo's is a local chain. It's Mexican and pizza. Pretty yummy though. What kind of food is your Romeo's? And how was your family dinner?

Chris - I'm glad your line is clean. I'm glad Scott had a spare too!

Nancy - Your carbonara sounds yummy, even if you have to clean it up. What kind of hiking shoes do you have?

Sabine - I'm glad you had a good time and are feeling a bit better.

Meg - You know I'm going to be watching for good recipes from you. :)

I'll try and peek in a few times this week, though with stats class staring it will be interesting! Then I'm on hiatus until December. I'll be missing you. I'll try to peek in every once in a while!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning O-zies!! Another sunny and warm day here, but my son called yesterday as he was heading to Red Deer Alberta and said he drove through a foggy patch and the temp outside his truck was reading only 3 degrees!!! Brrrrrr!! We have been so fortunate to have a wonderfully warm and sunny summer, but we are now ready for the rain to arrive, it is very brown and crispy dry here!!

Chris - My lunch was very nice! We were right on the ocean, close to where the BC ferry terminal is , so lots of sailboats and beautiful sceanery to look at! MIL and her sister were pretty well behaved lol. Her sister's husband is now in a wheelchair and poor Mac recently had a small stroke, but seems to have recovered from it quite well. He is my favourite Uncle on my DH's side of the family, so kind and gentle, it is hard to see him this way!!

Nancy - Your dinner sounds so yummy!! Hope that you don't have any fish water in your car!! Uggghhh stinky!! LOL I don't worry too much about being embarrassed by the MIL after all these years we are quite used to her loud brazen behaviour, I love her very much, but sometimes she forgets just how loud she can be :becky:

Sabine - How wonderful to hear that you are finally feeling better!! It must be so nice for you to be able to get out there again! What a lovely friend you have and I wish I could join you for lunch in Paris too!! It's on my Bucket list of things to do, so hopefully one day I will make it!! :thumb:

Meg - Nice that you are finally catching up with life!! It has been a busy summer for you and me too!! Its nice to just be able to catch your breath and relax just a bit!! What are your plans for the broth you are canning?? Any good soup recipes you would like to share with us?

Sara - Our Romeo's is a chain also, they make the worlds best pizza!! and I think that they are more Italian foods, no Mexican. It's one of our fav places to eat! :hungry:

Today we are bottling some wine and getting more yard work done, we are also going to try to get started on our back steps, they need painting and a few of them need to be replaced, this project should have been done last year, so hopefully we can get this project done and off the very long list of things to do around here!! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone, enjoy the day!! :wave:

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
Hi there, just had a nice time with my sister today. We meet at the Jeu de Paume museum to see a photo exhibition from Kati Horna. It was very interesting. She was born in Hungary in 1912 and because she was jewish, she had to leave the country and immigrated in Germany, then France. Then she covered the war in Spain (Franco dictator) and then come back to France before definitely leaving in 1939 to head to Mexico. There were about 150 photos to discover, some were really interesting testimonies of the history and other were some of her collages. You can see a few works from her on the museum website (http://www.jeudepaume.org/index.php?page=article&idArt=2060).
After the exhibition, we went near the Opera to have lunch and then had a short walk to the train station. I would have love to enjoy more time with my sister, but I have to admit that I was totally exhausted at 3 p.m.
Last evening, I did some shopping on internet and bought me a new mattress: it looks quite comfortable which is what my back and neck need right now! Sleeping on a futon is not the best when you're getting older!!

Chris, good to hear that your IV went OK this morning. Hope you enjoyed the afternoon with your friend.

Meg, how many cans are you planning to do? What are you caning?

Sara, people can be acting so strangely sometimes. I think you did right just ignoring it and not answering. Yes please, try to pop here and then to let us know how your course is going.