Oscraps

Daily Ooos: August 10-11: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
For some weird reason, I swore that today was Sunday and I could *not* figure out why Cheryl and Tracy were still at it a few days later. Then I saw that Jeanne was egging them on and I somehow figured out that today is Saturday and wow. I need more :coffeedrinker: or :wine4: or maybe some do-it-yourself ECT.
th

:rotfl:

*shakes head and blinks to clear allll the cobwebs out*

Oh nooooo!! Wait.... STOP IT!!
th

:hiding1:

Is it safe???

I don't think it's ever going to be safe again. :bawling:
And just for that, I won't tell you how to pee in the woods. Harrumph. *pouts*

:lol23:

How is everyone today? Is your stomach hurting from laughing? Mine is :D I'm super glad that my family is still sleeping because if they heard me cackling, they'd think I'v lost it even more than normal.

Yesterday was a really wonderful day. I spent a bunch of time with Caitlyn and Gary, visited with my ILs, booked facials for me and Cait, and then had the family together for dinner. Booking the facials was - um- interesting. Caitlyn found two Groupons and at Place #1, there was an an open spot for two people next Tuesday (her schedule is really tough to work around so we were limited on when we could go). By the time we called to make the appt at Place #1, the spots were gone. Caitlyn, me, and the receptionist on speakerphone, trying to find a time that would work turned into a laughing, chaotic, funny nightmare. We apologized and hung up. Place #2 was much easier to figure out since they had appts on the weekends.

I am heading out in an hour or so for the class and hike. I'm honestly a little anxious about doing this hike again. Worst case scenario I have the meds left over if I need them again but I hope not. And it's not like my knee is hurting *now,* whereas the last time it was already not happy.

I'd tell you all to have a fantastic day and to behave but sheesh, that's just a waste of time.
*throws hands and ketchup bottles in the air:"
If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

:floorlaugh:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Quick in and out again today. Still under the weather (literally and otherwise, lol).
Boy! Did we get the rain yesterday and supposed to be a repeat today. Gonna have to wait until it stops before I can do laundry! The sump pump has been going crazy! The worst problem is that the toilet doesn't flush right when it rains so much!
It rained so much hear the last 4 days but today looks to be wonderful- hope the same for you. Are you feeling any better today?
Take care!

All the 50th anniversary photos have been moved to the new album!!! Finished moving them in the afternoon. I rearranged the order of many of the photos... so that they now are in order of the main events, the family photos and then candid shots of people visiting.
I bet it looks incredible and seems organized to tell the full story. Glad that you took a break and sat in the massage chair.
@Cherylndesigns and @AK_Tracy ... Sshhh!... I am slipping in and unlocking the cage so you both can slip out without @faerywings hear us. You two are a riot and we all need the laughter and shenanigans you have been creating. Keep it up, gals.
I saw that!!!! :neener:

@AK_Tracy You are too funny!
I can't believe that Kay let you and Cheryl out and you were back at it again as soon as I turned my back. LOL!
Very smart of you not to shave under your hair. That would be just your luck to have it grow in all funky.

You're lucky, because I only have a minute, but I'll be back......................said in my Terminator voice. I want to thank Kay @BrightEyes for sneaking in a releasing me and Tracy from jail. Tracy @AK_Tracy I'm not sure if it's safe for us to come in here yet - wait til tonight. While they're sleeping, we can spread some :pokestick::goofing: around.
I am gonna have to speak to Kay about this. SMH! :tongue3:
Good luck to Braden for the new semester!

Tracy- how long were you able to sit and read your book without getting up to pace and look out the window and wonder when the electricity was coming back on?

@BoatLady What a wonderful trip you must be having! I can't wait for you to get back and share photos and stories with us.

Chris! Where are you????? Did the moose you saddles throw a shoe? Detour? Where are you??? I have red peppers and feta!
The app told me there weren't any moose available to make the trip to AK. I was offered a sloth but thought that would take too long. :D

@JeanneMN I am so relieved and happy for you that you had such a good experience at the dentist. The office and staff and dentist-- all keepers. And I am happy for you that you will be more comfortable smiling.
Enjoy the Zoom baby shower! It meant so much to Caitlyn that she had one of her best friends and her cousin both Zoom into her bridal shower so I know your cousin's DD will feel the same ♥

GTS!!! Bwuahhaha! I think I am stealing that one!

And there they go again... floppy disks and gnats and -- Narnia???--- :rolleyes:

HAGD!! :greengrin:

BoatLady

It rained so much hear the last 4 days but today looks to be wonderful- hope the same for you. Are you feeling any better today?
Take care!

I bet it looks incredible and seems organized to tell the full story. Glad that you took a break and sat in the massage chair.

I saw that!!!! :neener:

@AK_Tracy You are too funny!
I can't believe that Kay let you and Cheryl out and you were back at it again as soon as I turned my back. LOL!
Very smart of you not to shave under your hair. That would be just your luck to have it grow in all funky.

I am gonna have to speak to Kay about this. SMH! :tongue3:
Good luck to Braden for the new semester!

Tracy- how long were you able to sit and read your book without getting up to pace and look out the window and wonder when the electricity was coming back on?

@BoatLady What a wonderful trip you must be having! I can't wait for you to get back and share photos and stories with us.

The app told me there weren't any moose available to make the trip to AK. I was offered a sloth but thought that would take too long. :D

@JeanneMN I am so relieved and happy for you that you had such a good experience at the dentist. The office and staff and dentist-- all keepers. And I am happy for you that you will be more comfortable smiling.
Enjoy the Zoom baby shower! It meant so much to Caitlyn that she had one of her best friends and her cousin both Zoom into her bridal shower so I know your cousin's DD will feel the same ♥

GTS!!! Bwuahhaha! I think I am stealing that one!

And there they go again... floppy disks and gnats and -- Narnia???--- :rolleyes:

HAGD!! :greengrin:
Oh my...this is amazing and some hilarious. What fun.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
For some weird reason, I swore that today was Sunday
Mark felt the same way this morning.....I felt like yesterday was Sunday!
I won't tell you how to pee in the woods.
Personally, I try to avoid that like a plague! Even though we have an outside RV potty in the woods! Even when we have gatherings down there, no one uses it! HA! I think Mark is the only one that makes use of it!
I'm honestly a little anxious about doing this hike again.
Praying the hike does not aggravate your knee! :praying2:
hope the same for you. Are you feeling any better today?
So far it looks to be sunny. Mark is out cutting the THICK grass!
I feel better today, if only this stupid headache would go away! Thanks!

I ended up doing the laundry yesterday. It was overcast off and on and we got very little rain, so I took advantage of that. I'm glad I did so today I can nurse this stupid headache. The neighbor had given us a bunch of yellow squash, so I fixed a squash casserole for supper last night, which was yummy! I have enough squash for another casserole. I think I will fix it and freeze it so I can pull it out and bake it whenever we are in the mood for it!

I did my daily ATC already today. I really like how it turned out. I normally don't post them individually, but I really like how this one turned out, so I'm going to post it. I also got both weeks of the August art journaling challenge done and posted! GO, ME! HA!

OK, no big plans for today. I want to go back to yesterday's thread and read the shenanigans from @Cherylndesigns @AK_Tracy @JeanneMN !

Have a great weekend!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Finally have a morning with a bit cooler temps... it is 68*F right now! Opened the house up and letting the cool breeze air the house out. Won't last long as it will be back into the 90's this afternoon. Yesterday afternoon, I went to the dollar store and picked up a couple of bins - I am giving my friend who bought my stamps the colored cardstock that matches the inkpads - and needed the bins to put them in.

I stopped at TMobile and talk to them about when my free year of Netflix ends... only have 28 more days until then. Decided to not continue it so am going to watch the movies I want to see before then. Watched the Jack Reacher - No Way Back movie this week and The Highway Men last night. Guess I will be bingeing on the ones I still want to see.

Stopped at WM and picked up a 1 1/2" binder for the anniversary photos and got a gold metallic pen to edge the dark gold pages. Still waiting on a call from Hobby Lobby that the photo sleeves have arrived. I went ahead and created the anniversary event divider page for the album. I extracted 2 photos and did the titles using PSE and printed them out... I like the way the page turned out. Only have a couple more things to do and it is done.

IMG_3375.JPG

Today is the day to up-date the DVD collection data base with the new ones I bought. Will get the latest print-out done and get the DVDs put in the bookcase in the office. That is the last clean up chore to get done before the lunch here on Tuesday. dance4

I really need to settle down and get a few more LOs done for the challenges... I feel so far behind this month.

AK_Tracy

Good Morning my lovelies!
I love this chat group so much. I love coming here and seeing just what you made of the day before. and I laugh so hard reading the comments. I can just imagine how it would be in person. We would be laughing so hard and loud we would get kicked out of where ever we went. Which sounds fun.
Then I saw that Jeanne was egging them on and I somehow figured out that today is Saturday and wow. I need more :coffeedrinker: or :wine4: or maybe some do-it-yourself ECT.
th

:rotfl:

*shakes head and blinks to clear allll the cobwebs out*

Oh nooooo!! Wait.... STOP IT!!
th
Seeeee Cheryl and I were right!!!!! Its not our fault!!! :shemademe: Its Jeanne fault!!!!!! @Cherylndesigns @JeanneMN
I'd tell you all to have a fantastic day and to behave but sheesh, that's just a waste of time.
*throws hands and ketchup bottles in the air:"
If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.
WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! Another :ketchup: fight!!!!!! I would say we corrupted you but ya know you are just as crazy as us since youre our fearless leader!!! :bowdown3::bowdown:
I made it an hour. Then it was ugh I need to do laundry and I need to get the pizza toppings prepped but I did good. I made it an hour. Then sat for another hour reading but fidgeting too.
And there they go again.
I saw this line and all I could think was White Snake and Here I go Again. And now it stuck in my head.
I don't know where I'm going
But I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday
And I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time
Here I go again
Here I go again
Though I keep searching for an answer

I never seem to find what I'm looking for
Oh Lord, I pray you give me strength to carry on
[Pre-Chorus]
'Cause I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams
[Chorus]
And here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
Today is the day to up-date the DVD collection data base with the new ones I bought. Will get the latest print-out done and get the DVDs put in the bookcase in the office. That is the last clean up chore to get done before the lunch here on Tuesday. dance4
Ooooooo this makes me so happy to know I am not alone in my DVD title list!!! is yours alphabetical? Mine is and they are all on the shelf alphabetical but sometimes I didn't put "the" so my family is always searching. The only ones out of order are James Bond, those had to be grouped together.

@vickyday Glad youre feeling better but sorry your battling the headache. I think that is the worst "ick" to have. It effects everything. And just pounds. I hope it goes away. If you have Frankincense essential oil, apply it at the temples. It helps sometimes.

Today is overcast but yeah the wind died down. It was crazy yesterday. I felt for the linemen working on the power poles. Couldn't have been fun in the wind.

Chris I will be have today! Mostly cause I Have to go to work but hey, its something. :floorlaugh:
HAGD

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning my lovelies!
I love this chat group so much. I love coming here and seeing just what you made of the day before. and I laugh so hard reading the comments. I can just imagine how it would be in person. We would be laughing so hard and loud we would get kicked out of where ever we went. Which sounds fun.

Seeeee Cheryl and I were right!!!!! Its not our fault!!! :shemademe: Its Jeanne fault!!!!!! @Cherylndesigns @JeanneMN

WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! Another :ketchup: fight!!!!!! I would say we corrupted you but ya know you are just as crazy as us since youre our fearless leader!!! :bowdown3::bowdown:

I made it an hour. Then it was ugh I need to do laundry and I need to get the pizza toppings prepped but I did good. I made it an hour. Then sat for another hour reading but fidgeting too.

I saw this line and all I could think was White Snake and Here I go Again. And now it stuck in my head.
I don't know where I'm going
But I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday
And I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time
Here I go again
Here I go again
Though I keep searching for an answer
I never seem to find what I'm looking for
Oh Lord, I pray you give me strength to carry on
[Pre-Chorus]
'Cause I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams
[Chorus]
And here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone

Ooooooo this makes me so happy to know I am not alone in my DVD title list!!! is yours alphabetical? Mine is and they are all on the shelf alphabetical but sometimes I didn't put "the" so my family is always searching. The only ones out of order are James Bond, those had to be grouped together.

@vickyday Glad youre feeling better but sorry your battling the headache. I think that is the worst "ick" to have. It effects everything. And just pounds. I hope it goes away. If you have Frankincense essential oil, apply it at the temples. It helps sometimes.

Today is overcast but yeah the wind died down. It was crazy yesterday. I felt for the linemen working on the power poles. Couldn't have been fun in the wind.

Chris I will be have today! Mostly cause I Have to go to work but hey, its something. :floorlaugh:
HAGD
No Frankincense oil, but I might have to get some to see if it helps in the future.

AK_Tracy

No Frankincense oil, but I might have to get some to see if it helps in the future.
I dont sell it. I dont get anything but relief. I love Revive for their quality and price. The moment I feel a migraine trying to start I put a drop on my thumb and press to the roof of my mouth. I do this about every 5 minutes. Taste terrible but 1 our of 4 I can stop the migraine. I also apply to temples and it helps the severity of a normal headache and can help the stabbing of a migraine. Not always mind you but its a nice alternative. Plus "frank" smells good.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Oh, I would be lost without my DVD list - especially when I go to the used Book/DVD store. It has saved me from buying the same DVD again!!! And YES, it is alphabetized by title. I also add the main actors, if it is in a multi-movie set by title, and if there is special features. I don't put "The" as the first word - put a comma after the rest of the title and add 'the" at the end.

Now I know for sure we are "Twins" as I have mine arranged in the bookcase in alphabetic title, too. The multi-movies DVD and series go on the bottom shelf. I can only blame myself it they are out of place as I am the only one here.!!! :busy1: :busy1: :busy1: dance4 dance4 :pleasantry:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I dont sell it. I dont get anything but relief. I love Revive for their quality and price. The moment I feel a migraine trying to start I put a drop on my thumb and press to the roof of my mouth. I do this about every 5 minutes. Taste terrible but 1 our of 4 I can stop the migraine. I also apply to temples and it helps the severity of a normal headache and can help the stabbing of a migraine. Not always mind you but its a nice alternative. Plus "frank" smells good.
I got some of the Frankincense, laundry detergent and deodorant to try! Thanks! Got 10% for being a new customer!

BoatLady

I feel for you people with chronic headaches...I had one migraine and it was miserable. I hope you find something that works.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning!! Can I brag just a teeny bit about the weather here? Oh my goodness, this weekend could not be nicer. Sunny, light breezes, and not humid! Yesterday was simply amazing. The course was interesting and informative and the women were super friendly and supportive. I cannot tell you all how grateful I am that I get to take these courses for free. Weis and Trailbound Project have an arrangement where Weis employees get free access -- the CRP/WFA we only had to pay for the certification paperwork, and that was it. Everything else-- $0. These classes would be financially out of reach. The Women's class was 8 hours and $149. No way could I justify that. Nope. :no: If I had a different financial situation, they would be worth every last penny. Just talking to the three instructors with all of their experience would be amazing. They went over everything from women's health issues, to gear, to "man or bear" encounters.
I didn't have any problems on the hike- no pain in my knee at all. I don't know how I made it down last month because even with decent knees, it has some steep and rocky spots that are tricky. The last week of rain made a huge difference in the soil though. It had a spongier feel where last month it was rock hard even in the paces there weren't rocks. (which is 99.9999999% of NJ/NY trails.)

Today is another gorgeous day and once I get the inside of my house dealt with, I want to get out in the yard.

*puts hand to ear*
what was that from the Peanut Gallery?
Oh, you wanted me to tell you how to best pee in the woods? Do you think you'll be able to pay attention, My little Gnat friends?

We talked about the 3 Ps (pee/poop/periods and lemme tell you how glad I am that I don't need to worry about that last one!)
The basics:
You want to be 200 ft or about 75 steps off-trail and away from campsites and water sources.
They went over the different apparatus that is on the market but basically said- meh. They tried out about 5-6 different examples (at HOME!!!) and said that if it works for you- use it but a lot of women have trouble.
They went over the Leave No Trace aspect and told us about Kula Cloths which sounds like something I need to get. It's a reusable antimicrobial wipe so you don't need to worry about packing out TP.
The other thing they discussed was "slope safety" and showed some different positions to use so you don't hurt your knees, tip over backward with your pack, or pee on your feet. Then they laughed and said they everyone they know has peed on their boots at one time or another.
Thankfully, we all had time to use the bathrooms before we went on the hiking part because even though I now *know* how to do it, doesn't mean I want to do it just "because." :lol23:

And on that note, I tip my hat and say Adieu
xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BoatLady This group is the best-- they make me laugh al of the time!
I feel better today, if only this stupid headache would go away! Thanks!

I ended up doing the laundry yesterday. It was overcast off and on and we got very little rain, so I took advantage of that. I'm glad I did so today I can nurse this stupid headache.
I hope that the headache is better, maybe with the better weather it will be?
Good to hear that you didn't get too much rain and were able to catch up on laundry!

I was thrilled when I saw there was water in the stream at Weis yesterday! It has been dry for over a month and it's still very low but it was running. dance4

@BrightEyes The divider page is beautiful and I bet the gold marker edging looks spectacular. I hope the HL sleeves come in soon since I imagine you are itching to get them done. ;)
love this chat group so much. I love coming here and seeing just what you made of the day before. and I laugh so hard reading the comments. I can just imagine how it would be in person. We would be laughing so hard and loud we would get kicked out of where ever we went. Which sounds fun.
Same!!!

made it an hour. Then it was ugh I need to do laundry and I need to get the pizza toppings prepped but I did good. I made it an hour. Then sat for another hour reading but fidgeting too.
This does not surprise me. Well- maybe a little.--that you lasted that long haha!!
Now I have White Snake in my head. I saw them with Great White in concert many many years ago.

I'm a little slow today, but I'm gaining momentum. Just for now, here's a little info from Captain Obvious. :floorlaugh::lol23::rotfl:

View attachment 425773
Buahahahahaha!!!
Okay @Cherylndesigns are you ready???? Sorry @faerywings!!!
At dinner tonight I was talking about our gnat conversation. And are gnats really that impatient? and what has less patients then a gnat. My hubs looks at me and says retired doctors.
*groans* what a Dad Joke!! :giggle4:
I guess your DH must think we are all loony tunes here.
I do not see a lie.

@scrap-genie :rotfl: less vs fewer
My BFF is like that and I try to reread my texts to her so I don't make her mad. (JK. I think.)

Love to all of you!

BoatLady

Good morning!! Can I brag just a teeny bit about the weather here? Oh my goodness, this weekend could not be nicer. Sunny, light breezes, and not humid! Yesterday was simply amazing. The course was interesting and informative and the women were super friendly and supportive. I cannot tell you all how grateful I am that I get to take these courses for free. Weis and Trailbound Project have an arrangement where Weis employees get free access -- the CRP/WFA we only had to pay for the certification paperwork, and that was it. Everything else-- $0. These classes would be financially out of reach. The Women's class was 8 hours and $149. No way could I justify that. Nope. :no: If I had a different financial situation, they would be worth every last penny. Just talking to the three instructors with all of their experience would be amazing. They went over everything from women's health issues, to gear, to "man or bear" encounters.
I didn't have any problems on the hike- no pain in my knee at all. I don't know how I made it down last month because even with decent knees, it has some steep and rocky spots that are tricky. The last week of rain made a huge difference in the soil though. It had a spongier feel where last month it was rock hard even in the paces there weren't rocks. (which is 99.9999999% of NJ/NY trails.)

Today is another gorgeous day and once I get the inside of my house dealt with, I want to get out in the yard.

*puts hand to ear*
what was that from the Peanut Gallery?
Oh, you wanted me to tell you how to best pee in the woods? Do you think you'll be able to pay attention, My little Gnat friends?

We talked about the 3 Ps (pee/poop/periods and lemme tell you how glad I am that I don't need to worry about that last one!)
The basics:
You want to be 200 ft or about 75 steps off-trail and away from campsites and water sources.
They went over the different apparatus that is on the market but basically said- meh. They tried out about 5-6 different examples (at HOME!!!) and said that if it works for you- use it but a lot of women have trouble.
They went over the Leave No Trace aspect and told us about Kula Cloths which sounds like something I need to get. It's a reusable antimicrobial wipe so you don't need to worry about packing out TP.
The other thing they discussed was "slope safety" and showed some different positions to use so you don't hurt your knees, tip over backward with your pack, or pee on your feet. Then they laughed and said they everyone they know has peed on their boots at one time or another.
Thankfully, we all had time to use the bathrooms before we went on the hiking part because even though I now *know* how to do it, doesn't mean I want to do it just "because." :lol23:

And on that note, I tip my hat and say Adieu
xo
LOL...grew up peeing in the woods but as I'm older now I like a real bathroom. Years ago I went with our son to his cabin in upstate NY 6 hours drive...we had to stop to pee....snow drifts and below zero temps...guick stop and frozen parts!!!

Girls... Your jokes are like my husbands...the biggest problem with his jokes is I have been hearing them for 53 years...but at least you all have new ones and for that I am thankful.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
LOL...grew up peeing in the woods but as I'm older now I like a real bathroom. Years ago I went with our son to his cabin in upstate NY 6 hours drive...we had to stop to pee....snow drifts and below zero temps...guick stop and frozen parts!!!

Girls... Your jokes are like my husbands...the biggest problem with his jokes is I have been hearing them for 53 years...but at least you all have new ones and for that I am thankful.
Watch out for that yellow snow! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BoatLady This group is the best-- they make me laugh al of the time!

I hope that the headache is better, maybe with the better weather it will be?
Good to hear that you didn't get too much rain and were able to catch up on laundry!

I was thrilled when I saw there was water in the stream at Weis yesterday! It has been dry for over a month and it's still very low but it was running. dance4

@BrightEyes The divider page is beautiful and I bet the gold marker edging looks spectacular. I hope the HL sleeves come in soon since I imagine you are itching to get them done. ;)

Same!!!

This does not surprise me. Well- maybe a little.--that you lasted that long haha!!
Now I have White Snake in my head. I saw them with Great White in concert many many years ago.

Buahahahahaha!!!

*groans* what a Dad Joke!! :giggle4:
I guess your DH must think we are all loony tunes here.
I do not see a lie.

@scrap-genie :rotfl: less vs fewer
My BFF is like that and I try to reread my texts to her so I don't make her mad. (JK. I think.)

Love to all of you!
Finally, knock on wood, the headache is better today! But I sound like that hoarse fly today! I can hear the bullfrog calling me!