Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: April 26-27, Weekend Edition

petey111

Morning ladies! I hope I'm not crossing over Chris while I write this. I will have to fill you in on the animal show last night! Just amazing. More on that in a bit. The sun is shining right now and we have a baseball game this morning, but it's supposed to get stormy tonight and tomorrow. We need the rain. We've been having grass fires around here too. I'm going to post this one and then I have a novel of personals to write. LOL

petey111

So the science festival was awesome. And the Jeff Corwin show last night was great. Ben got to stand next to his idol. Granted his idol was looking over the top of him and picking other kids, but with hundreds of kids, it was a pretty small chance. I did walk up to the emcee after the show and pleaded with her. I said that Ben has watched every show, read every book, and hand wrote 30 questions for Jeff. Could she please see if he could sign it. She took it back there and he did. Unless, she just scribbled that big mess on the paper. LOL It was a very funny show with some really cool animals. :) We were going to do one more science thing this morning before the game, but we changed our mind and are just relaxing.

Chris - I'm glad it's the weekend and you get to rest. Your kids are amazing. And I'll have to check out the book. I'm sure it will be added to be my TBR pile. I saw someone the other day that said, "I decided that when I dies, I will have to have on my tombstone 'She never read all the things she wanted to'". LOL I like that. Guess what? When someone asked if there was an animal that Jeff didn't like, he said the mosquito that gave him malaria, and the tick that gave him Lyme's Disease last year. So that's a new development for him. He lives in Massachusetts, but of course with all the crazy hiking he does, he could have gotten it anywhere. I hope you have a nice weekend on tap!

Phylis and Trudy - Wow. I can't believe your gardening skills. I hate gardening and I'm not good at it. I even kill most house plants. My husband isn't exactly a yard person either. But if you need a computer fixed, or math, or science stuff...(or books...), we are your people! LOL And even though he hates it, he won't hire someone to do it either. Today our yard looks like poo, it's still got brown spots and is getting shaggy. Everyone else in the neighborhood has either mowed or had someone mow. And theirs is green. It drives me nuts. It's like $25 a month to have someone do it! sheesh...it's worth it!

Laurie - I'm thinking good and loving thoughts for you. I really hope the day goes smoothly. It's a hard event, but it's sad when people make it harder.

Trudy - Yay for the fashion show! Have you given us her website link? I want to check it out!

Ok. I've taken a really long time to write this. Had some bacon and coffee....I should be good to get up and moving right? :) Have a great day everyone!!

petey111

And still no Chris! Hopefully, you are sleeping well my good faery and running around like a chicken with your head cut off!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning Sara! Not cross-posting on at all. I was just catching up on that "goodness" in the news that is all Chris Christie. I know that most of you know I am a bleeding-heart-liberal-tree-hugger-anti-war-peacenik-born in the wrong decade, and I have no love lost for him since Day One. I am evilly happy that his Admin is under so much scrutiny. He has not done well by my state in so many ways. (I could write more and more and more about my feelings, but I'll be good and shut up now :tape:)

I am so happy that it is Saturday and that I have nothing to do. I was supposed to be doing the Beautification Day for our town with my friends but I physically cannot. I wanted too so much-- as I said to my friends, I haven't missed a year since 2006 and I have the t-shirts to prove it. We usually meet for b-fast at my one friends house and then clean up the many many beer cans and little alcohol bottles that people like to litter on our street. I am just too tired to do it today.
I was so happy that my mom drove me to the Center yesterday, I was so tired I don't think I could have done it. After that, we went to one of the best diners ever, and had cannoli cream pancakes. Pancakes topped with cannoli filling and shell crumbs and choc chips. I could only finish half of it but man, sooooo yummy!!!!
Got home, put my pjs on and slept/read most of the afternoon. My mom left me $20 to order a pizza and that was a wonderful thing.

Today I hope to catch up on some of the scrapping I still haven't done.
Hope you all have a terrific day!

nancyr

Good morning it is turning sunny after rain overnight but we needed rain so that was good. I went grocery shopping and it was not too bad LOL. Had fun experience - I go to the NHL website to see the latest stories and there was a story to join a FaceTime chat with Eddie Olczyk. So I said what the heck I will try. And LOL I was selected - I think it was because I am 62 and a female. So I talked to the producer first to be sure that my question would ok. So I asked him to talk about the mentality to win at all cost and how players can so hurt. It was very interesting to hear him talk about the brotherhood bond they form and how they play for the guys sitting beside them. Anyway it was fun and such a silly thing but it made me happy. Now today my DH and I and our oldest are heading to Albany for the Albany Devils playoffs. Yesterday the team lost 2-1 by giving up a goal in the last minute of the game. So today they will be really outplayed or they will come back with a vengeance. Hoping for the second of course. I will get in a walk.

Chris glad you are resting. Sounds like yummy pancakes indeed!

Sara your show with Jeff Corwin sounds so cool. I love the part about the mosquito and tick. So glad he got the autograph.

Trudy I was yelling for Boston to get the OT goal and I will be cheering them on today.

Phylis hope you have a sunny day!

Have a great day all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sara- oh wow!! That sounds like an amazing day for you and Ben! I wish I could have been there with you guys-- science and animals-- my kind of day!
That is an awesome grave-quote. There are always more and more books to be read!

We have been having brush fires here too, more down in central Jersey but even up here there was a fire earlier this week in Waywayanda, a state park a few miles from me. It seems like we are all having weather extremes.
Hoping for rain for those who need it and sun and warmth for those who need that.

Hey Phyllis! I saw that on the weather... that we will be getting cold and rainy. I hope that we end up getting some sort of Spring here. The other day, I was driving home, the wind was whipping and there is no sign of spring on the trees- really felt more like fall than spring.
Sorry to hear that the edger was no as cool as you were hoping, but isn't that always the case? But anything is better than doing it by hand!
Your hubby sounds just like my dad and my FIL.
For the burn-- I can use cornstarch and lubriderm and aquaphor at night. Cornstarch is my new BFF!

Laurie- hope that your day was sweet, and that there was no drama. I had to google Beverly and I see that you are on the "other" river. LOL When people in the NYC suburbs say the River and the City, they mean the Hudson and New York City respectively hehe!

Hey Nancy! How are you? Hope you are doing good and getting lots of walks in. After those cannoli pancakes I need to walk about a gazillion miles.

Trudy- hope that the sun came out for you. I know it must be a lot of hard work, but your yard is really beautiful! Congrats to Heather on website and fashion show!

Eva - can't wait to see your hair when it is done!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning lovely "O"'s!! A beautiful spring morning here and for now the sun is shining, but that could change quickly around here!! Yesterday was sun, then rain, then wind, then sun etc. etc. Managed to get all of the weeds pulled from the gravel area where our shed is supposed to be, I have been waiting for that shed for 3 years now!!! Darn my hubby is stubborn when it comes to making a decision on which one will be the best one to get. Just pick one already!!!
gaah-smiley.gif

Sara - What a great day you had yesterday!! So nice that he got the autograph!! My garden skills are not that great, just live in a place where everything grows beautifully on its own and we just have to maintain the place so it does not get overgrown. Hubby is the one who takes care of the grass and I am the one who does the weeding and trims the shrubs. It's sometimes hard work, but it is so nice to be outside in the nice weather all day! Here is a link to my DD's website if you want to check it out. http://peekaboobeans.com/index.aspx

Chris - Those pancakes sound delicious!!! But oooohhhh so fattening :becky: too bad you are not able to participate in your annual clean up, but you will do it next year!

Nancy - What a great day for you!! It must have been so exciting for you to do that chat !! A great question for him too!! I will be thinking of you as we cheer for the Bruins on tv today!!

Ok better get breakfast, I know nothing will get done outside today until after the hockey game and by then it could be raining again! :mmph: oh well lots of scrapping to catch up on and housework too
cleaning-smiley.gif
Have a great day all and I hope the sun shines for you today!! :wave:

petey111

The Giants win the pennant!!! The Giants win the pennant! Ok...well, it was just a regular game, but our Bad News Bears, ragtag bunch of kiddos was up against an even more ragtag bunch of kids. LOL We scored 5 runs! Woo-hoo! :)

Got my grocery shopping done and have a six-pack of random fruity beers to try. We picked up the Sandlot to watch (funny thing...both my husband and I hit a Redbox to pick it up, so we have two copies. LOL) And I am going to work on planning a trip to South Dakota. Any tips anyone?

Hope the day turned out nice for everyone. Chris - don't worry about not participating. Glad your mom is taking care of you. Nancy - How fun to talk to him! Trudy - I hope you were productive. :)

Going to order a pizza and then batten down the hatches. It's turned super windy and the storms they are a brewin. Have a great night!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
home again, home again jiggty jog! The day went without a hitch- sort of- we are so out of the loop, not sure if it is on purpose, or just cause they forget about us. Anyways, it is good to be home. I wasn't sure what river we were near. I had lots of fun with my waterlogue app- trying different photos and read two book on my tablet one on the way there - about a group of women in menopause- that were forgetful, and nearly died when I realized- I had read the book before- talk about forgetful. Detective story on the way back. Doing laundry and decompressing. Tomorrow, I scrap!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning/whenever it is for you, everyone!
I did literally next to nothing yesterday.

I did empty the dishwasher and that was about it. My brother popped up with bagels and my godson, who gets cuter and cuter. He was pretending to take a nap on the sofa First he needed Cait to take his shoes off. The cait asked if he wanted a blanket. "yes." Then she asked if he needed a pillow. He cries out "*That* is what was missing!!"
So cute!

I finished the Joe Hill book I was reading. So hard to put it down.

Today, yes, I swear, today I am planning on getting my scrap stuff done. For real.:)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Laurie- that is too funny in an ironic way about those books! Glad that the service was uneventful.

Sara- fruity beers? Sounds good for summer weather. Hope you get that soon!

Trudy- your DH sounds even more like my FIL now-- he will take years to find the "right" *insert whatever he is buying* and it has only gotten worse with the internet and review sites.

Hugs to all of you!

nancyr

good morning the sun is shining but it is a bit too cool for me with temps in the 40 but it should get up to 60. So our trip to Albany was so fun. We stopped at a rest stop and there was another group of NJ Devils fans also headed to the game. Got to the game and saw Trudy president of the NJ fan club and her friends and our friends from our section at the Rock. In fact they saw Zach and came to say hi. As my DH said we were all suffering from FOMOH (fear of missing out on hockey LOL). The Albany Devils defeated the St. Johns IceCaps 4-2 so the series is tied. So now I need them to win the series so we can go back up for my hockey. It was fun as the team is made up of a lot of players that played for the NJ Devils during this year. Got home late and can't believe I am awake this early. LOL

Laurie I love the waterloque app too. It can be addictive. Glad the trip went well.

Sara so glad the team won a game. It is so fun when they kids do win. Sounds like you had a fun night planned. I like the Sandlot movie.

Chris hope you had a low key wonderful restful day.

Phylis hope your eye is getting better.

Trudy congrats to those Bruins! Now I hope they sweep the Habs.

Have a great day all!

petey111

Nancy - it sounds like you had a fun day! I'm so glad!

Chris - I am glad you did next to nothing! Sometimes, that's nice!

Laurie - I'm glad things went off fairly smoothly. There's something to be said for not being roped into drama.

It's storming here this morning. We are all cuddling and using electronics. LOL Ben is inside the fort we built when we watched the movie last night. (Which he loved.) I tried two of my six fruity beers and didn't really like either of them. I am not a beer drinker, but I've been trying to find something to drink besides my expensive margaritas and cosmos and such when we go out to conferences. Everyone pays $5 for a beer and I'm getting hit for $12 or $14 for cosmo. I had some Red's Apple Ale and Red's Strawberry Ale and liked it, so I thought I would try others. So far, no success. *sigh*

One more tidbit...Remember how I talked about how awesome our zoo is? It's going to get awesomer. I think eventually, the plan is to do several "habitats" like this, but this will be the first one. It will probably end up freeing up some space at the zoo too for other things once they move the lions, zebras, gazelles, rhinos, giraffes, etc. from their current locations. I know it will take a long time, but it will be soooo cool. Check it out: http://www.ketv.com/news/largest-project-in-zoo-history-announced/25659254

Ok...off to make breakfast for the boys. Have a great day!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone... off to get more Mulch today and perhaps another truck load of soil. It rained this morning, but the sun is coming out so it should be a good day to do all that shovelling! So off I go to get breakfast and get this day going. I hope you all have a more relaxing day than I am going to have LOL and I will try to come back for personals later, but not counting on it! :wave:

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Good Afternoon all- working on clearing paper clutter= mental clutter. I also have one more challenge to scrap for this month- I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!!