Oscraps

Daily Oooo's: Friday, March 24

Su_Sanne

Knock knock ... may I come in? :groupchat:

I also bring a lot of lovingly prepared coffee.
Please excuse my absence. I was not fit, broke my ankle and was in a terrible mood because I could not walk through the garden centers to buy flowers. All the housework fell on Michael because I was on crutches for 3 1/2 weeks. What a bummer! Happened while walking the dogs. I was trying to do 3 things at once again and tripped over a root. So I quietly tinkered away and worked through the challenges. I didn't even have any ideas of my own and was happy to work to specifications. It really wasn't a lack of interest. On the contrary. I was always happy when I could admire your work in the gallery. There is a nice verse in German, but it doesn't really rhyme in English: Maybe there is something similar in English?
"Life was only half as nice if nobody had his bird". That means roughly: If everyone didn't have his spleen, life would be more boring.

Okay, I hope you're all well. I'm going to see if I've missed much.
In this sense, have a nice day. The sun doesn't know what it wants. Sometimes it shows up, then it sends rain ... as usually.

@fairywings hope you fell better, sounds you're mood yesterday was just like mine??

Coffee.jpg

Last edited:

LSlycord

Good morning! I am slipping in for just a couple of minutes. @Su_Sanne so very happy to hear that you are back and feeling well.

I appreciate the coffee for sure! This is the last day of the first week of my return to work and I am happy to say that I not only survived but I believe that I thrived. :friday:I am looking forward to a slower pace for the weekend however.

We are going to Gainesville tomorrow to see Sydney (our freshman in college). Actually, we are going because she ordered some clothes for her trip to Germany and had them sent to our house. We need to take them down so she can try them on to be sure that they don't need to be returned. :rolleyes: But it gives me a chance to have lunch with her so I won't complain about that.

Other than that, not a lot going on here. Supposed to get into the upper 80's here today. Beautiful right now but will require air conditioning later today.

Ok, got to get the flowers watered before I go to work. HAGD and I'll be back for personals later.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thank you for the coffee @Su_Sanne :drinks2:
I am sorry to hear about your ankle. I had ankle surgery a few years ago then had to wear a boot a year or so after that. It is a pain in the butt to be on crutches. Not being able to buy flowers adds insult to injury. It's good to see you back and I hope you are running around the house soon.
I am still feeling a little cranky but I'll work through it;)

@LSlycord Good morning, my friend! So happy that you made it through to Friday! Is the job going to always be this busy or is it more that you are still working out the bugs in your routine? Have a wonderful trip to see Syd tomorrow.
I am so excited for her trip! She will get so much life experience in those 6 weeks. Was she able to get a flight with someone?

@Nonni F I had been using the online grocery app on and off before Covid hit. During the first year of Covid, I switched to online and hoooo boy, that was hard because everyone was using it. Just trying to get a time slot was difficult. I stuck with it because it's much easier for me to stay within my budget when I can see my cart total. And no impulse buys walking past the bakery section :oreo:

@vickyday the sweater looks fantastic! very cozy!!

@bcgal00 It is so exciting to read about your vacation plans. Is D as excited as you are?
Hope that you were able to scrap yesterday, I got one more page done for Christopher's book, and I still have 7 more to go. pfffffttt

@taxed4ever the junk journal is simply lovely! What a fantastic gift. SIL Linda will love it!
Your day sounded wonderful- a good mix of fresh air, good company, and pampering.
The store used to call to ask about substitutions but everything is automated through the app now. A few weeks ago, I did a survey about the service and I mentioned that they needed more options and flexibility. (maybe this is payback for my criticism *eyebrow wiggle* )
If I go out hiking on my own, I am going to make sure that my phone has GPS services on. There is one app-- can't remember what it's called- that can narrow down your locations to a 6x6' grid... Drat, I can't remember other than thinking that I always hoped Scott had it on his phone when he was doing the tree survey research when he was in college. One day my brain will work like a normal person's. Maybe

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I forgot about FIF!
FiF - Finish it Friday - Things you hope to finish up. A project you started, a layout, a procrastinated chore etc.

I have to finish some more LOs for Chris' book. I also have to finish sorting out the kitchen cabinets. I did one yesterday and today I need to work on the Cavern of Pots, Pans, and Tupperware And Its Mismatched Lids.
:eek2:
Maybe I should have the geolocation app on my phone for that? The cabinet is not big but I could get lost and/or buried in there.
:floorlaugh:

Nonni F

Good morning, Everyone!

@Su_Sanne I'm so sorry to hear you have a broken ankle. OUCH. Glad you're on the mend. Thanks for bringing coffee.
@LSlycord You go girl!!!! Week one in the books. Enjoy your weekend and your visit with Sydney. I know I'm ready for it. Doing my FRI-YAY dance here at my desk as I type.
@faerywings I absolutely LOVE the idea of it making you watch what you purchase. I never even thought of it that way. My DH and I usually shop together in which case I watch myself but when I shop alone and hit the chip aisle. Crazy things happen! I see some monetary and WEIGHT LOSS possibilities here.
Finish it Friday? hhmmmm.... I'd like to finish the last nap I started. Does that count?

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Thank you for the coffee @Su_Sanne :drinks2:
I am sorry to hear about your ankle. I had ankle surgery a few years ago then had to wear a boot a year or so after that. It is a pain in the butt to be on crutches. Not being able to buy flowers adds insult to injury. It's good to see you back and I hope you are running around the house soon.
I am still feeling a little cranky but I'll work through it;)

@LSlycord Good morning, my friend! So happy that you made it through to Friday! Is the job going to always be this busy or is it more that you are still working out the bugs in your routine? Have a wonderful trip to see Syd tomorrow.
I am so excited for her trip! She will get so much life experience in those 6 weeks. Was she able to get a flight with someone?

@Nonni F I had been using the online grocery app on and off before Covid hit. During the first year of Covid, I switched to online and hoooo boy, that was hard because everyone was using it. Just trying to get a time slot was difficult. I stuck with it because it's much easier for me to stay within my budget when I can see my cart total. And no impulse buys walking past the bakery section :oreo:

@vickyday the sweater looks fantastic! very cozy!!

@bcgal00 It is so exciting to read about your vacation plans. Is D as excited as you are?
Hope that you were able to scrap yesterday, I got one more page done for Christopher's book, and I still have 7 more to go. pfffffttt

@taxed4ever the junk journal is simply lovely! What a fantastic gift. SIL Linda will love it!
Your day sounded wonderful- a good mix of fresh air, good company, and pampering.
The store used to call to ask about substitutions but everything is automated through the app now. A few weeks ago, I did a survey about the service and I mentioned that they needed more options and flexibility. (maybe this is payback for my criticism *eyebrow wiggle* )
If I go out hiking on my own, I am going to make sure that my phone has GPS services on. There is one app-- can't remember what it's called- that can narrow down your locations to a 6x6' grid... Drat, I can't remember other than thinking that I always hoped Scott had it on his phone when he was doing the tree survey research when he was in college. One day my brain will work like a normal person's. Maybe
Yes, it did turn out very nice.....if very big.....but I like it! It is very comfy and warm! The temps hit the high 70s yesterday, so I was taking clothes off, not putting more on, LOL! Even in the house! I started another sweater yesterday, too! ;). Trying to get rid of the old yarn that has been laying around for years!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Knock knock ... may I come in? :groupchat:

I also bring a lot of lovingly prepared coffee.
Please excuse my absence. I was not fit, broke my ankle and was in a terrible mood because I could not walk through the garden centers to buy flowers. All the housework fell on Michael because I was on crutches for 3 1/2 weeks. What a bummer! Happened while walking the dogs. I was trying to do 3 things at once again and tripped over a root. So I quietly tinkered away and worked through the challenges. I didn't even have any ideas of my own and was happy to work to specifications. It really wasn't a lack of interest. On the contrary. I was always happy when I could admire your work in the gallery. There is a nice verse in German, but it doesn't really rhyme in English: Maybe there is something similar in English?
"Life was only half as nice if nobody had his bird". That means roughly: If everyone didn't have his spleen, life would be more boring.

Okay, I hope you're all well. I'm going to see if I've missed much.
In this sense, have a nice day. The sun doesn't know what it wants. Sometimes it shows up, then it sends rain ... as usually.

@fairywings hope you fell better, sounds you're mood yesterday was just like mine??

View attachment 392317
OH, NO! So sorry to hear about the broken ankle, Susanne! That's a bad way to get the hubby to do more of the household chores! ;)
Sending prayers for quick healing! :heartpumplove:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning! I am slipping in for just a couple of minutes. @Su_Sanne so very happy to hear that you are back and feeling well.

I appreciate the coffee for sure! This is the last day of the first week of my return to work and I am happy to say that I not only survived but I believe that I thrived. :friday:I am looking forward to a slower pace for the weekend however.

We are going to Gainesville tomorrow to see Sydney (our freshman in college). Actually, we are going because she ordered some clothes for her trip to Germany and had them sent to our house. We need to take them down so she can try them on to be sure that they don't need to be returned. :rolleyes: But it gives me a chance to have lunch with her so I won't complain about that.

Other than that, not a lot going on here. Supposed to get into the upper 80's here today. Beautiful right now but will require air conditioning later today.

Ok, got to get the flowers watered before I go to work. HAGD and I'll be back for personals later.
So glad you had a good first week at work and sounds like you don't regret your decision to go back! So happy for you about that and that you get to see your sweet Sydney this weekend!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning all!
Don't have to rush out this morning! Mark is off work and down in the woods. He has been framing out the windows he handmade. I have asked him to send some updated pics so I can share and scrap them.

I started another sweater last night. Worked on it until 2 a.m. I love the color! It's called Pagoda by Yarnspirations Caron Simply Soft. I'd say this is my FiF, but that ain't happening! ;). Maybe in a couple of Fridays??
IMG_20230324_100716706_MP.jpg

Don't really have any plans for the day. Had a good day, as always, with Ilene and Carolyn yesterday. Mark was surprised to see me arriving home the same time he arrived home from work at about 3:40. Ilene had a hair appointment at 4 so Carolyn and I left for home. I whooped their butts in Qwirkle yesterday! That seems to be their favorite game over Rummikub now. We went to lunch and then we stopped to pick up my new glasses prescript on the way back to Ilene's house. We got 3 games of Qwirkle in before we had to leave.
29456.jpeg

And here are some pictures of the cabin. He added solar panels to the sunny side (later in the day) yesterday. We will begin the staining and painting in the near future.
29231.jpeg 29482.jpeg

He has done an amazing job on it, especially since he has done all of the work himself!

That's it for me today. Have a great Friday! :bye2:

Su_Sanne

OH, NO! So sorry to hear about the broken ankle, Susanne! That's a bad way to get the hubby to do more of the household chores! ;)
Sending prayers for quick healing! :heartpumplove:
Thank you, Vicky! DH anyway helps a lot in the household. We were always both working full time. That's how it worked out, to do everything together.Thanks for the prayers :heartpumpred:
The color of the wool is gorgeous. You are really incredibly hardworking - even when scrapping. Where is the cabin located? Near your house? Did DH build it himself, too? Great, and the energy supply is also secured. Seems like a wonderful place to relax.

Last edited:

Su_Sanne

Good morning, Everyone!

@Su_Sanne I'm so sorry to hear you have a broken ankle. OUCH. Glad you're on the mend. Thanks for bringing coffee.
@LSlycord You go girl!!!! Week one in the books. Enjoy your weekend and your visit with Sydney. I know I'm ready for it. Doing my FRI-YAY dance here at my desk as I type.
@faerywings I absolutely LOVE the idea of it making you watch what you purchase. I never even thought of it that way. My DH and I usually shop together in which case I watch myself but when I shop alone and hit the chip aisle. Crazy things happen! I see some monetary and WEIGHT LOSS possibilities here.
Finish it Friday? hhmmmm.... I'd like to finish the last nap I started. Does that count?
Thank you, Nonni. It's slowly getting better and I was even able to help a bit in the garden today. I think 3 weeks, then I hopefully have it behind me. What is a FRI-YAY dance?? Can you please post a picture? :)

Su_Sanne

Thank you Linda! Do you have a demanding job? Do you have to travel far? I had a 15 minute drive. Now I am very happy not to have to look at the clock. It's a huge piece of freedom.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I have laundry going so am waiting a few minutes for that to finish so I can hop in the shower. I was looking at haircuts online for short thin hair last night (for about 3 hrs) as I watched TV with D. I have an appt in a few days and was going to get a trim but decided that I am going to go for even shorter hair. I want a messy pixie. Cut around the ears, short 1.5-2" layers on top with bangs. I haven't had bangs in over 30 years. But I think short bangs that I can sweep to the side will work. I don't stress about haircuts b/c it will always grow back if I don't like it. I am going to get a short hair flat iron. I have a regular flat iron but for really short hair you need a tiny one. That will be so easy to maintain on the trip and also here during the summer when you sweat to death when you are out in the heat.

I popped into Marks Work Warhouse yesterday (not sure if they have that in the US). They don't carry a huge variety of clothes/shoes but I love the quality and always pop in to see what they have on sale. I caught a buy one get one at 50% off sale which made the pricing more reasonable. I bought 2 cotton pants and 2 cotton shirts. I knew if I waited, they would be sold out very quickly. Nothing in Kamloops sticks around long. I'm all set now for my trip and will be better prepared for the hot summer here. After living in the lower mainland (west coast) for so many years, I forgot what really hot weather feels like. No jeans for sure b/c that just holds the heat in. Now I have a nice assortment of cotton and linen clothes.

Today I'm staying home except for the dog park later with Jen.

@faerywings Sorry you are still a bit cranky. You need some dirt therapy :) Yes, D is starting to get a bit excited about the trip. Not like me though, he really only gets excited when we actually head out the door with the luggage.

@Su_Sanne Glad you should be healed in a few weeks. Good thing your hubby is so helpful.

@vickyday The cabin sure is coming along nicely. He must feel so proud.

The washer stopped so I'm going to go hop in the shower now. HAGD everyone.

Nonni F

Thank you, Nonni. It's slowly getting better and I was even able to help a bit in the garden today. I think 3 weeks, then I hopefully have it behind me. What is a FRI-YAY dance?? Can you please post a picture? :)
Oh, you do NOT want to see me dance!!!! hehehehehe