Oscraps

Daily Oooo's April 3rd

hondachicc

Good Morning O family....

I am up early....everyone around here has the Spring crud already..coughing, stuffy heads, sneezing, iiiiccckk...Jaiden woke me up coughing, only for me to realize my throat is raw!! MEDICINE ALL AROUND..thank goodness they make stuff for all these symptoms!!

Same old stuff around here...kids and cleaning....those two things seem to go hand in hand............I just can't stay ahead of it like I did in my younger days...and I worked back then too.................

Well..as long as I am up and no one else is............off to scrap something :becky:

Dumpty

back hOme and loving it
Hi Nana Linda :wave:
Enjoy you srapping time on your own :)

woke up with a huge headache again today ... hate it ... but thanks to the 3 or 4 strong coffees I drank it's getting a bit better :)
We have sun outside ! yeah ! unfortunately, my parents are visiting us this week-end but the good weather is not planned to last this long ... I hope they still get a bit of dry weather so we can wander a bit together ...

Laurie - hope it slows down a bit at work so you can breathe a little ...
Phylis - your rose tradition is beautiful and a good way to remember your love for your parents. Thanks for sharing your advice too ... xoxo
Terry - how's your mother doing ? no more bad surprises at the hospital ?
Nancy - I just love to read you talk about hockey ! your passion shows in every word :)
Trudy - How rude indeed !!! I hope things clear up a bit for you
Sally - you made me laugh with emma's story ! love the contradictions in our kids. When you say guest room, you mean a dedicated guest room, or a bed somewhere inside your sewing place ? LOL
Kiliki - so when does/did he leave after all ?? it's a suspense novel !
Cyn - how old is your daughter ? (the one you had the argument with ?) I hate it when I have arguments with my DD ... (((hugs)))

Åsa

HI, of from work this week AND DD´s at school some hours! Hardly ever get any time alone or consecutive days of from work - big time treat.
Preparing for a visit form Africa tomorrow - will be much fun. My dad´s youngest sister works most the year in Rwanda - and now home for a week!
Babysitting a dog - so walking a lot + good reason to take new photos (as if I ever needed any)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
good morning/afternoon/evening my O-Fam! I have to apologize for being somewhat MIA. I know I have posted in here a bit, but I am feeling so disconnected from life. Including here.

So tired of running and cleaning and working and running and DRIVING! LOL As of right now, I don;t have to drive out of my town until Saturday and that is making me happy!

Cait's Lyme appt went..... ok... I guess. Nothing specific showed up on her blood work from 6 weeks ago. Just random stuff that didn't make much sense. She also has a bunch of new symptoms plus some of her old favorites (bad heartburn) are back. Dr switched up some meds, added 2 news ones, plus an herbal supplement hat she had been on before, and viola! We go back in 6 weeks. It was so weird not having Scott with us too-- I don't think we ever went w/o him. I have been there w/o her when she was in remission, but never this way. I love spending time with her too-- she is so much fun.:)

We are both off to work today. She is going to keep my client's three kids occupied while I clean. They are really sweet, but they all want to help me clean which is fun-- for a while-- but then I just need to get my work done. OnmOnday, my cleint's 2 kids were home too and were helping, but her house is smaller, so it wasn't too bad. I told her that if I had missed anything (like if they "clean" the windows, I try to make sure that they are "professional" clean without them seeing me re-do what they did), I would come back, and she just laughed at me. Makes it easy to have a good-natured client, for sure!

I wish I had my Time Lord!!!!!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Morning O fam- it is WEdnesday for me- long work day- stay late to get paperwork caught up before I have tomorrow off- and nothing on the books for tomorrow! WEll errand wise. Work out done now to scramble to get to work on time!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Nana- I hope that you feel better and those allergies go away. (ha, yeah, like not until summer??)It is still too darn cold for anything to be bloominghere yet. In fact, I have an itchy bump on my arm that looks exactly like a mosquito bite, but it is 30*!!! How can it be a mosquito bite?? LOL

Hope you have a "successful" time cleaning. Maybe you need a dog aka a Living Vacuum? I loved having the dogs around when the kids were little. (and still as teenagers).

Marie- hugs and good thoughts to make that headache go away for good. Coffee always helps! *fingers crossed for good weather for your parents visit too*

Asa-- Oh, enjoy that time you get!!! You will have to share some of your aunt's stories about Rwanda, if you can. What does she do there, and I hope she is able to stay safe.
Looking forward to seeing some new pics too!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
From yesterday:

Angela- when does Wes get his casts on? Lots of good thoughts to him!

D- hope you are recovering from the Time changes. I know they tend to mess me up too.

Laurie- keep on rocking those workouts!!! Woo hoo!

I didn';t get a chance to write the letter yet, but I did have our dr fillout his portion so at least part of it is done. Hopefully I won't be too brain-dead when I get home from work today.

((((((((hugs))))))) Phyllis. My mom always goes the day before Easter to see her parents. She leaves a piece of Easter Pie for them. I am with you-- never, ever forget......

Oh Kristi!! hugs to you and the kids and your hubby. how confusing and full of turmoil that must be-- to not know from minute to minute when he is leaving. Where is he deploying to?

Terry, omg, that is awful about the care staff! Why would they mess with your mom's brace? I hope that they get it together and take better care of her. How is she feeling today? And you?? Are you getting your oxygen?

Nancy- I hear ya!! TOO COLD!!!!!

Oh Trudy-- will you ever get a break with this job? I don't know whether to hope that you keep your job or that they let you go! I guess I will hope that you keep your job but that when the time is right a much better one falls into your lap. How is that? A decent wish for you? :)

Sally!!! :rofl: You treehugger, pinko liberal, you!!!
To everyone: Sally knows I am just busting on her!!!
Please post or link us up to a pic of the art quilt when you are done! Wait until you see the quilt my MIL is making Gary and I, it is just gorgeous, and so non-traditional quilt-like too LOL

Hi Cynthia!!! o good to see ya in the Ooo's!
Yes, it is brutal what Lyme patients go through. I remember when Gary was first diagnosed, we thought we were in home stretch and that after a month or so he's be fine. We had *no* idea of the hell we we heading into. Its quite depressing at times.
I hope that you and your DD resolve this argument soon. My dd is 14 and I hate it when we argue too. Usually it is silly 14-yo stuff but when the fights are bigger than that-- it is really hard on moms, and I tell her --"You might not understand now, but *just wait* until you are a mom."

To everyone reading this-- lots of hugs and virtual sunshine!!
xoxoxo

Kiliki

awwwe Linda...I hope they all feel better soon!!! that's the one thing I hate about the weather changes!!!

DUmpty (sorry don't know your name?) but he is leaving sunday the 7th....he got his travel information for that already...the only reason why its so late is because they were going to make him pay out of pocket for 2 days (taxi, hotel, etc etc) and he was like NO WAY! so they pushed it back so he can wait til the money is in the account

Chris-he is just going to Baltimore for training (he will be the trainer actually lol) and poor Cait :( at least there is nothing abnormal about her blood work from last time....hope those symptoms go away with the new meds!

Laurie-hope you get caught up with paperwork

as for me today I am setting up a small baby pool for the ducks so they get some real water time in they are not happy with just a little bowl anymore they are getting so big so fast! the other 6 ducks should arrive today or tomorrow!!! eeeks!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Hello all my great "O" friends, I am heading into work with the knowledge that half of the staff that I have been working with the past couple of years have all been laid off!! Such a sad day yesterday !! I got statements done early so left before all of this horrible stuff happened, so still awaiting to find out my fate this morning. No matter if they want me or not, I do not think that I want to work for these people. So I will say that this will be my last day at the Store. That's ok, I can move onto bigger and better things right? Pretty sure that my girlfriend will be gone too, she is on a cruise right now, but these new people have already brought in a bunch of new employees that they have worked with before. I think that we were all doomed from the start. I can't believe that they would lay off all of these great people that have years and years of experience with the Home Hardware company. :sorry: that I am such a downer this morning and not into personals for the past couple of days, I will try to get back to it when I arrive home later this morning. Thanks for listening to my very depressing post!! I love you all!! ::grouphug

whatnext

another fly-by today. the SUN is shining!!! well, it did that yesterday, but then we had a blizzard that covered the roads in about 10 mnutes, then everything melted. then the sun came out again.... AND...we are now officially OUT of firewood for ths year. we completely used our enormous pile of firewood because winter refuses to END.

everybody, enjoy whatever free time you can steal, get healthy, take care of your loved ones, get a few of your loved ones to take care of YOU, work hard, take a day off, think SPRING and do some ART!

Last edited by a moderator:

whatnext

Trudy, this sounds absolutely surreal!! and i wouldn't want to work for them, either! begin planning a trip to your grandpeople once you're finished with this! tell your hubby you're "between jobs." :becky:

Kiliki

I am heading into work with the knowledge that half of the staff that I have been working with the past couple of years have all been laid off!! Such a sad day yesterday !! I got statements done early so left before all of this horrible stuff happened, so still awaiting to find out my fate this morning. No matter if they want me or not, I do not think that I want to work for these people. So I will say that this will be my last day at the Store.

ohh man!!! that is awful!! I do not blame you for not wanting to work there anymore!

Alegna

Hi girls, I've read really fast, slept bad, have a terrible headache and helped at school again, I'm really tired now.
Hugs to you all and an extra one for everyone who needs it ::grouphug

ow and Chris, his casts are on now, look (he's proud of it :pound: I wonder for how long):

wes_gips_zps81aff050.jpg

nancyr

Good morning - Another cold and windy day. I hate to even write it but I have a stupid chest cold along with a nagging cough. I have not felt motivated to do anything and I hate that. But I am feeling a bit better today! Today is the last day for trading player in the NHL. TSN Canada has a great all day show on trading so I am just going to veg and watch them talk about trades LOL. Every team in the east that is above my team in the standings has made blockbuster trades so I am pretty sure my Devils are doomed. But that is okay as I had a great year last year.

Nana Linda so hard when not only are you not well but the kids are not feeling well either. Get better

Chris glad that the doctor's appt was not all bad news.

Dumpty sorry about the headache glad the coffee is working!

Trudy I completely understand how sad it is to see colleagues terminated. I went through it three times at my company and I was part of the 3rd layoff. It so brought down moral in our company. I wish you the best.

Phylis your weather sounds so freaky! Hopefully it gets better soon.

Laurie I still enjoy knowing that you are working out. Hope your paperwork does not make you too late!

Angela his casts are in my favorite color. Hope this goes fast and he can be outside playing soon!

Have a great day everyone!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Morning everyone!! I've had my good sleep this morning and my first cup of coffee!! yay!!! Life is always better with more coffee!!! :)

I'm off on errands today, too...I've been avoiding the grocery store this week because Lil didn't have class on Monday during my regular grocery store time. And everytime I go out to go, it's raining! Now, we desperately need rain, so that's not a problem. Just me shopping in the rain...not so great. Emma and I went to the drug store to get necessities (and my blood pressure meds which make me so happy...they keep my heart from beating wildly which allows me more coffee...did I mention that I love coffee?????), so we're really okay in the grocery dept.

I am working on a twin sized quilt for Cora's boyfriend. His birthday is Saturday and we are all going down to the beach to have a bonfire picnic. His dad has an auto-immune disorder that can be completely controlled (and cured, we hope) by diet, so they eat paleo/gluten-free/very healthy. I'm really looking forward to eating with them!! I love to find out wild recipes that taste great and are good for you!! We may sneak some smores makings (or as I like to call them - Pre-diabetic pills) down there...but the more I think about it, I may accidentally forget those!!!

Praying for everyone's peaceful regeneration today!!!!! ie...take some time for yourselves and enjoy life today!! ♥♥♥

special hugs to you today, Trudy!!!! ♥♥♥

Kiliki

ohh look at those casts!! he sure does look happy in them though!! LOL does he get around okay in them?

nancy...hope you feel better soon!!!

sally ohh how cool on teh quilt!! will you take a picture of it for us when you are done? i'd love to see it!

MrsPeel

Good Evening [inserttimeoftheday here] O family!!! (well, I'm feeling part of the family a bit even though I haven't been here long, say like a new adopted child!!!)

Dumpty(shame on me, I don't know your name, I did look in the siggy but there is no name , right? I know there is a thread with the names, but if I go, I forgot until I get here :help::faint: , Linda:
my daughter is 17....
we did not have great problems, she was like every teenager, minor stuff until last year...like lazy, not even wanting to stick a dishwasher on, never tidied her room up...but nothing that we didn't sort by having a chat. we are good friends, or were.
she started college last year, and she is friends with a girl who has not a good relationship with her mum, smokes and drinks (is 18) and on top of things has ADHD, which is not treated the well it should be by her family.
my daughter did something she had NEVER done before, started lying.

I know this is a phase, and it will pass....but it breaks my heart when we argue as bad as the other night...like you said Linda.... my mum used to say: wait till you have a daughter...well... I had already apologised to my mum for the hurt I caused her when I was a teen (I was wild, seriously) and we have an amazing relationship now, both my mum & dad are great, but my mum didn't support my choice of career when I was young, which is what I keep telling my daughter: I had a reason to rebel....
she doesn't...

but anyway, I just keep an eye so discipline keeps her at bay....but sometimes is more difficult than others...

Angela:eek:hhh my God he is so cute!!!!!!! and these days they do some high tech plasters, I spent my first 8 years of life having an operation a year, with 3 months plaster, running along the leg from the waist....had to be in bed (I was born with two dislocated hips, didn't walk until aged 5)
I'm of to watch Greys Anatomy, will try catch up with everyone else later!!!!

super huge hugggzzz for all of you who are working <3

geek_girl

CHEERY O
Oh I can never keep up doing this a day after LOL
you ladies are amazing not getting as muddled as me :)
I need sleep :( Bella didn't go to bed till 1.30 am other other night.. then woke at 3 am this morning.
I would love to know where she gets her energy... cos I can barely summon the energy to open photoshop today *sighs*
Must eat more sugar :p