Oscraps

Daily Oood: Thursday, March 23

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
8791150.png

Everyone awake and enjoying some coffee? Or tea, I guess. Tea is nice in the afternoon when it's cold but it sure doesn't cut it for me in the morning.

I think I am feeling a little less moody than yesterday. I was having one of those days where everything was irritating me but only a little. No reason for any of it, just felt "off." I think I spent most of the day wandering around and sighing deeply. I am sure you know what I mean.
My grocery order was just-- SMH- silly... They combined the two orders but a bunch of the stuff was out of stock, so I ended up with no half-and-half for the coffee and 2 5-lb bags of flour and 2 half gallons of milk. I wish they could have called and asked-- "Hey, I see you have two orders that were combined, do you really want doubles of those items?" Not anything that is the end of the world, the flour will never go to waste and maybe the fam will be eating lots of cereal before the milk goes bad. *shrugs*

Not much happening here today. Gary is on a downturn so I expect he'll be sleeping much of the day. I have a few things to do around the house. I have so much filing and organizing that I have been putting off. That is my ToT. To ignore it alllllllllllllllllllllll
Do you have a ToT?
Temptations on Thursday
- "I'm tempted to stay in bed all day..." "I'm tempted by Vicki's rawkin' new kit in the store..." etc.

Whatever you do, have fun doing it! xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever How was your hike, did Linda go with you? For some stupid reason, I thought that Scott was leading a hike this Sunday. No idea where I got that, no wonder he looked confused when I asked him on Monday. hehe. But if he is going to be up here, I'll have him text me and see if we can meet up. If not, I am planning on taking J back to the park I was at last week. The park map looks like the trails should be easy enough for me to walk and not get lost. If I do, I can blame him since he was in charge of making sure the trails were marked. :giggle4:
yeah, what were you thinking, scheduling your hair appt after a hike? LOL
I bet that the painting is looking fab. Very exciting to see those tribute bands this weekend!!

@Nonni F You *can* be a Crazy Cat Lady without any cats (for ex. see my MIL) but it's not as fun. ;)
The 4 you have now are perfect models for your pages and I'm sending lots of happy, healthy thoughts to them and you :sparkles1:

@bcgal00 Oh my goodness, that must have been disconcerting to have the police come to the house. I hope they find that woman too. I bet Jan will be thrilled when she doesn't have to make the trip to the dentist anymore.

@vickyday can't wait to see the sweater all finished.

Love to all of you!
:lovey3: :bye2:

Nonni F

Temptation Thursday? I'm with you on staying in bed but too late now. I've already been at work over and hour.

I have never attempted the grocery order. My type A DH would probably have a meltdown. lol (store in memory box if he's ever aggravating me for a payback. snicker. kidding)

I'm off to check out Vicki's rawkin new kit..... I shall return.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Quick in and out as I head to Ilene's with Carolyn.
Finished the sweater! It is HUGE! So if you decide to make the sweater be warned that it is BIG! I am hoping after I wash it that it might shrink a bit. However, it IS nice and comfy in a chilly house.....I know for sure! ;)
Have a great day!
IMG_20230322_212309685_MP.jpg

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I sorted thru some clothes for the upcoming trip yesterday. It's three weeks away, getting close. I didn't scan all my documents, I should do that today. I have started putting my bag of small personal items together i.e. toothpicks, floss, bandaids, travel nail kit, etc...all those little things that might be hard to find on the ship.

I didn't scrap at all yesterday. Maybe today.

Remi is whining for me to get out to feed the birds and I think the birds agree, they are loudly chirping away in the yard.

@faerywings That's frustrating about the grocery mix-up. I never order groceries online but I'm luck to have 4 stores just 5 min away.

@vickyday That sweater would be so comfy with a pair of tights.

I'd better go, Remi is restless and I'm sure the birds would love to get fed now :) HAGD everyone.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning O family! The sun is trying very hard to shine this morning, but lots of grey clouds out there too. Yesterday's hike was very nice in warm sunshine a bit of a climb but lovely views that made it all worth it. SIL Linda did go with me and she offered to drive so that was nice! We went for a quick bite to eat and then headed home. I had to quickly change and freshen up a bit, then off to the hairdresser. My hair looks so much better now! No more grey and so soft and silky at least for today. DH and I had chicken burgers for supper (no bun) but topped with bacon, tomato and swiss cheese, so good! We watched two more episodes of Alaska Daily and then it was time to hit the hay (as my Mother used to say). :sleeping: :bedtime:. Today will be spent touching up the painting and I might run out to my fav little craft store to see what is new and talk to the owner about the turtle painting, she is the one who asked me to paint it. I did manage to get two layouts posted to the gallery yesterday, one that I had forgot all about opps!! But I ended up getting a GSO on it, so that really made my day! I would like to get a pretty little gift box made to put SIL Linda's gift in, I made her a sweet little junk journal that is all about her story of her life that she can fill in. I made a similar one for my Sister Wendy and SIL went on and on about how much she loved that one, so I thought it would be a good gift for her. Here is what it looks like...
IMG-2760.JPGIMG-2761.JPGIMG-2762.JPG

@faerywings - I have a few days like had yesterday, where everything just kind of irritates me!! Mostly its the news I think that sets me off and puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day! Hope today is better for you! Sorry that your grocery order got so mixed up! You would think that they would have given you a quick call to see if actually wanted doubles of anything!! The grocery store that Heather does her online orders at are great and will call her if they are out of anything, or if she would like them to substitute anything. It only takes a minute to make a call right?!! Your poor Gary! I hope he rests up and feels better soon! Is he still really busy with his projects?? I hope that you get to go on a hike soon with Scott, but the trails sound nice that you are going to try out! Signage is very important, especially for me as when we hike trails I am far too busy chatting it up with everyone to notice where we are actually going :giggle4:.

@Nonni F - Sorry you did not get to have a stay in bed day today! Yes keep the online grocery ordering in the back of your mind for your DH one day ... too funny!!

@vickyday - The sweater looks amazing! I agree with @bcgal00 it would be so comfy with a pair of tights!! I love an oversized cozy sweater!!

@bcgal00 - Sounds like you will be fully stocked and organized for your Cruise!! How exciting!! It's getting closer now! How nice that you are able to help out with the camera footage! I hope they find that missing woman, but it does not sound good for her. Very upsetting when it is right in your neighbourhood!

Ok I need to get the bed made and the dishwasher emptied, then on with the day!! Have a great Thursday everyone! :waving1

LSlycord

Good morning! I'm not really missing in action...it just seems like it. I'm on my lunch hour...taking it early today because I have a meeting from 12:30-1:30. It has been an exhausting week but I think that I'm now back in the swing of things. (Had to take an hour long nap on Monday night and still slept through the night.) Anyway, I am really happy with this job.

ToT--I would have been tempted to stay in bed this morning but our nice weather is back. (It's been downright cold the last couple of days.) I do miss early sunrise...being down south we don't get that so much. But I am grateful for the nice weather...grateful for my flowers that are just exploding...so I guess it's not so bad getting out of bed today.

LSlycord

Ok...limiting my personals to this thread...but I need to go back and catch up this weekend.

@faerywings I'm sorry that yesterday was one of those bad days. I agree with @taxed4ever, the news does trigger me. It also triggers me when my grocery order is a mess. They were out of two items last week and it changed my menu. Ugh... Go take a hike on Scott's trails this weekend. You will feel better for sure.

@vickyday I love that sweater. I am so impressed with your talents. Hope you have a good game day with Ilene and Carolyn!

@taxed4ever WOW!! What a great gift! Those journals are beautiful and I'm sure that SIL Linda will enjoy it. Glad that the two of you got another hike in. It is so nice that she moved close! I'm sure she loves how you are introducing her to the area!

@bcgal00 I cannot believe that your cruise is only 3 weeks away! That is so much fun.

@Nonni F it's always good to have a few little irritations up one's sleeve!

Ok...I need to check out what is going on in the gallery. Totally a slacker but excited that I still have some time to recover before the end of March!

LSlycord

Quick update on Sydney's trip. They have a meeting today to discuss details. In the meantime, I think that I will order her plane tickets today. The roundtrip ticket is about $1800 but I have some miles and I'll be able to get the ticket for frequent flyer miles plus about $500. Sydney is very impressed. :airplane: She will leave on Saturday, May 6 and return on Friday, June 16. I'm going to miss her...shoot, I miss her when she is at school. But it really is a great opportunity!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I sorted thru some clothes for the upcoming trip yesterday. It's three weeks away, getting close. I didn't scan all my documents, I should do that today. I have started putting my bag of small personal items together i.e. toothpicks, floss, bandaids, travel nail kit, etc...all those little things that might be hard to find on the ship.

I didn't scrap at all yesterday. Maybe today.

Remi is whining for me to get out to feed the birds and I think the birds agree, they are loudly chirping away in the yard.

@faerywings That's frustrating about the grocery mix-up. I never order groceries online but I'm luck to have 4 stores just 5 min away.

@vickyday That sweater would be so comfy with a pair of tights.

I'd better go, Remi is restless and I'm sure the birds would love to get fed now :) HAGD everyone.
Tights?.....Not on this body, LOL!
I took my bird feeders down and banged all of the moldy bird seed out of them. They are soaking in a bit of bleach water right now with some dish soap so I can clean them up better before adding more seed to them.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning O family! The sun is trying very hard to shine this morning, but lots of grey clouds out there too. Yesterday's hike was very nice in warm sunshine a bit of a climb but lovely views that made it all worth it. SIL Linda did go with me and she offered to drive so that was nice! We went for a quick bite to eat and then headed home. I had to quickly change and freshen up a bit, then off to the hairdresser. My hair looks so much better now! No more grey and so soft and silky at least for today. DH and I had chicken burgers for supper (no bun) but topped with bacon, tomato and swiss cheese, so good! We watched two more episodes of Alaska Daily and then it was time to hit the hay (as my Mother used to say). :sleeping: :bedtime:. Today will be spent touching up the painting and I might run out to my fav little craft store to see what is new and talk to the owner about the turtle painting, she is the one who asked me to paint it. I did manage to get two layouts posted to the gallery yesterday, one that I had forgot all about opps!! But I ended up getting a GSO on it, so that really made my day! I would like to get a pretty little gift box made to put SIL Linda's gift in, I made her a sweet little junk journal that is all about her story of her life that she can fill in. I made a similar one for my Sister Wendy and SIL went on and on about how much she loved that one, so I thought it would be a good gift for her. Here is what it looks like...
View attachment 392260View attachment 392261View attachment 392262

@faerywings - I have a few days like had yesterday, where everything just kind of irritates me!! Mostly its the news I think that sets me off and puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day! Hope today is better for you! Sorry that your grocery order got so mixed up! You would think that they would have given you a quick call to see if actually wanted doubles of anything!! The grocery store that Heather does her online orders at are great and will call her if they are out of anything, or if she would like them to substitute anything. It only takes a minute to make a call right?!! Your poor Gary! I hope he rests up and feels better soon! Is he still really busy with his projects?? I hope that you get to go on a hike soon with Scott, but the trails sound nice that you are going to try out! Signage is very important, especially for me as when we hike trails I am far too busy chatting it up with everyone to notice where we are actually going :giggle4:.

@Nonni F - Sorry you did not get to have a stay in bed day today! Yes keep the online grocery ordering in the back of your mind for your DH one day ... too funny!!

@vickyday - The sweater looks amazing! I agree with @bcgal00 it would be so comfy with a pair of tights!! I love an oversized cozy sweater!!

@bcgal00 - Sounds like you will be fully stocked and organized for your Cruise!! How exciting!! It's getting closer now! How nice that you are able to help out with the camera footage! I hope they find that missing woman, but it does not sound good for her. Very upsetting when it is right in your neighbourhood!

Ok I need to get the bed made and the dishwasher emptied, then on with the day!! Have a great Thursday everyone! :waving1
The junk journal is beautiful! This looks more like a junk journal I could use! Some of the junk journals I see are, well, too junky for me, LOL!

And Congrats on that fun page and the GSO!