Oscraps

*closed* NBK Design Challenge Aug 14 - Aug 20

TrishD

TrishD
Hi Digi Scrappers and welcome to another NBK Design challenge. This is about MASKS one of my favorite effects for creating some wonderful designs. You can use your favorite method of masking or try something different. There are three types of masking that I would like to quickly demonstrate for you in this challenge and you can choose which one you would like to try.. I'm really looking forward to seeing your pages for this challenge - Trish

1. Using a ready made MASK to clip to an image
2. Make your own mask from a BRUSH to clip to an image
3. Use a reverse mask added to the same layer as the image

1. Here is a sample using a ready made MASK clipped to the image layer above. I have used NBK’s Art TherapyNo1-Masks8 https://www.oscraps.com/shop/artTherapy-No1-masks.html

Capture_zpsqxevct6o.jpg

2. Here is a sample using a BRUSH as a mask placed on a blank layer and clipped to the image layer above. I have used NBK’s Dear Diary Art Stroke 2.
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Dear-Diary-Painters-Toolbox-Brushtool.html

Capture2_zps9b99lhhb.jpg

3. Here is a sample using a Reverse MASK on the same layer as the image. To create a Reverse Mask hold down the ALT key and click on the mask icon at the bottom of the layers panel. The mask will be black so use a soft, 50% Opacity WHITE brush and gradually reveal the image. Click a few more times in the centre to reveal a more intense image with a soft outer edge

butterfly_zpspzr2nsxa.jpg

Here is a link to a video by Jana using Watercolor Brush Technique
https://vimeo.com/channels/nbkdesigns/227342692

Prize: You can win a 4 $ coupon in this Challenge!
Rules:
• Make a layout using any of the three methods above or just use your favorite method to achieve the same results
• Layouts needs to contain some NBK Design products.
• Layouts need to be uploaded to NBK GALLERY by Sunday 20 Aug 2017 11.59 pm CST time.
• Layouts need to be linked back to this thread by Sunday 20 Aug 2017 11.59 pm CST time.
Most of all have fun making your MASKS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tigress

Thanks for the great challenge...even more challenging working in a 15-year-old PaintShopPro! LOL

rose18.jpg

NBK-Design

WOW i cant believe what I see here, so many awesome Layouts. LOVE how you use all mask and blending options. Its so easy and can be done in so many different ways.

JoanK

I created a reverse mask on my photo, then used lots of blending modes for the background papers and other elements.

[/IMG]

easyeyes4you

I use all the methods all the time... rarely do anything without masking... will have to see if I have something that would work for this challenge.... have been up to my eyeballs with a huge challenge on another site... am seeing more and more from here wander over...

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Thank you for the challenge Trish ... last week was very busy and I found finally some time to do your challenge.

Danesa

Danesa
So many beautiful layouts, ladies! I love all three techniques. So many options with each.
I used the Road Trip 2017 Page Blenders masking. Thank you for the challenge, Trish!

TrishD

TrishD
I love looking through these layouts, they are all outstanding. Thank you all for joining this challenge. There is still time to try another LO if you have time

easyeyes4you

Used all 3 mask types... Reverse Mask on the Sundial, Clip to mask on the polaroid framed one, and clip to brush on me...

TrishD

TrishD
Thank you all for entering the Masking Challenge. The challenge is now closed and the winner of the NBK coupon is Mimidesaujon. I have really enjoyed your layouts and hope you can enter Template Challenge from FLOR starting on 21st Aug. The winner of this challenge will be contacted with the access code.Thank you all once again

2017-08-15-Challenge-Mask-NBK-oscrap-watercolor1.jpg