Oscraps

Clean Funny Movie suggestions

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Laughter is supposed to help promote healing so let me know what your favorite clean funny movies are! I want to have suggestions for the days I don't feel well after chemo.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
What do you mean by "clean"? Violence, sex, cursing, subject matter?

Personally I love the "National Treasure" series.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

I think "clean" to Evelyn (and me) would be the absence of those things you mention. But to find a movie with none of those things probably means Hallmark movies.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Sorry, Evelyn, that you are having to deal with chemo treatments.
I really cannot help you as I don't watch a lot of TV. DH and I watch cop shows mostly.....if it isn't his sports! ;)

EvelynD2

CHEERY O

Thank you so much for asking, Susie. I can take some foul language but not movies where they use God's name in vain or drop the F bomb every other sentence. I also don't like movies with nudity. Thank you for the movies you suggested!

Amandajk

Maybe you can venture back to the past- when violence, vulgarity of all kinds was harder to find- and watch Lucille Ball, Marx Brothers, Jerry Lewis...? We watched a few funny ones a few weeks ago. Searching for the names. Also, we use a filter on our smart tv: Here is the link. It not only mutes it, but doesn't show it in captions. :D Takes about 3 minutes to log on/set up for each movie, but to us protecting the eye and ear gates, it is worth it. :heartpumpred: We recently revisited Rocket Man ( the old one, not the new one) with the grands. My sense of humor is dry and witty, but I did laugh quite a bit with this one. Can't get that song out of my head- JohnJacobJingleheirmerSchmidt... lalalalalalala... Fisherman's Friend (Amazon) is good. And we watch Dry Bar comedy almost every evening! Some are really good comedians!
Vintage Comedy Vault on Youtube.

Last edited:

GraceJ

Animated movies The Croods (1 & 2), the accidental husband (2008), Midnight in Paris, Holiday in handcuffs, Bend it like Beckham, A very nutty Christmas and of course Hallmark movies.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Maybe you can venture back to the past- when violence, vulgarity of all kinds was harder to find- and watch Lucille Ball, Marx Brothers, Jerry Lewis...? We watched a few funny ones a few weeks ago. Searching for the names. Also, we use a filter on our smart tv: Here is the link. It not only mutes it, but doesn't show it in captions. :D Takes about 3 minutes to log on/set up for each movie, but to us protecting the eye and ear gates, it is worth it. :heartpumpred: We recently revisited Rocket Man ( the old one, not the new one) with the grands. My sense of humor is dry and witty, but I did laugh quite a bit with this one. Can't get that song out of my head- JohnJacobJingleheirmerSchmidt... lalalalalalala... Fisherman's Friend (Amazon) is good. And we watch Dry Bar comedy almost every evening! Some are really good comedians!
Vintage Comedy Vault on Youtube.
That's a great idea! I have dvds of the I Love Lucy show and we have a collection of Jerry Lewis dads!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Animated movies The Croods (1 & 2), the accidental husband (2008), Midnight in Paris, Holiday in handcuffs, Bend it like Beckham, A very nutty Christmas and of course Hallmark movies.
I love the movie "Holiday in Handcuffs"! I don't know how many times I've watched it!

Buddy the O' Elf

CHEERY O
Buddy, don't be modest! What about the movie ELF!!!!
Well, I thought about that movie, but I made a phone call and I was told that there was some swearing or something in it. Maybe the reindeer gave me some bad advice. You KNOW I LOVE that movie! It was made in my honor, you know. :floorlaugh: :elf4::xmas7:

scrap-genie

Last night we watched
Marcel the Shell with Shoes On
There's a lot of humor in it, but some seriousness too. We watched it on Kanopy, a streaming service we get through our library. You can check it out, or any movie, at imdb.com.