Oscraps

Christmas tree

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Here and there I already see people who have put up their Christmas tree.
I personally think that is much, much too early.
Who of you already has your Christmas tree?

LSlycord

Not me. In Iowa, we would always go to a Christmas tree farm to choose our tree and then pick it up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Now we have an artificial tree and it will probably go up after Sydney and her roommate leave. Or maybe, I will be able to rope them into helping! Anyway, it won't happen until after the 24th of November.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
No, not yet. I find it too early too. My DD has her birthday on December 13. She always loved to have the Christmas tree up on her birthday. She doesn't live at home anymore, but we still honor that tradition. We will have a tree in the weekend before December 13!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I'll get mine up sometime around Dec 1st. Our lights are on the front of the house and I'll start turning them on at the same time as I put up the tree.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
First things first ... first Sinterklaas (Dec, 6) and then the Christmas tree ... The Christmas tree will stay up until January 7th.

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
We follow the same tradition as Marijke . No Christmas tree before Sinterklaas , and the tree will stay up until epiphany.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We were driving out of town after dak the other night and it was wild to see both Halloween *and* Christmas lights up on the same road.
Most years we had a real tree and would put it up during the first week of December. I would take it down within days after Christmas. I would mentally be *done.*
Last year, the fam convinced me it would be a good idea to get a fake tree and I was dragging my feet with more than a little attitude. I had to admit to the family the other day that I am 100% relieved that we don;t have to go look for a tree this year and worry about watering it and needles everywhere.

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
No real tree since they set off daughter's allergies. And we threw out the fake tree when we moved from family home into small apartment three years ago (how can it be three years!!) :oops:

But she has been saying how much she likes Christmas decorations, and we are staying in town this year rather than travelling to my parents, so I'll probably dig out the decorations that survived the great purge and put them up in early December to make her happy when she comes round. :)