Oscraps

Change main gallery category?

hoodsmom

Guess Who!
This isn't a big deal at the moment, but I accidentally posted a LO to "Oscraps Designers" instead of to a particular designer. I mostly fixed the problem by adding the specific designer as an additional category, but if I make a bigger mistake in future, is there a way to change the main category short of reuploading the whole LO?

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
You can also change it yourself, when you go to your design, scroll down, go to edit, scroll down again, and then you can choose additional categories, there you can change your category.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
This isn't a big deal at the moment, but I accidentally posted a LO to "Oscraps Designers" instead of to a particular designer. I mostly fixed the problem by adding the specific designer as an additional category, but if I make a bigger mistake in future, is there a way to change the main category short of reuploading the whole LO?

You can also change it yourself, when you go to your design, scroll down, go to edit, scroll down again, and then you can choose additional categories, there you can change your category.

Thanks Vera for helping out! :) You are correct about being able to add additional categories but you can't actually change the initial category you uploaded to in the first instance using that method.

To actually move your layout out of one category into another, you need to follow these steps.

1. Hover over your layout image and you will see a small little box in the top left hand corner of your layout, go ahead and click on it.

1704594844604.png

2. Once you click on it, the little box will turn light blue (as well as your layout title) as shown below. An action box will also appear at the bottom of your screen. From there (1) Choose action you want to take, in this case (2) Move media items ... and then click (3) Go (very important otherwise nothing happens :)). This will effectively move your layout completely to another category.

1704595487462.png

Hope that helps @hoodsmom :)

hoodsmom

Guess Who!
Thanks Vera for helping out! :) You are correct about being able to add additional categories but you can't actually change the initial category you uploaded to in the first instance using that method.

To actually move your layout out of one category into another, you need to follow these steps.

1. Hover over your layout image and you will see a small little box in the top left hand corner of your layout, go ahead and click on it.

View attachment 410258

2. Once you click on it, the little box will turn light blue (as well as your layout title) as shown below. An action box will also appear at the bottom of your screen. From there (1) Choose action you want to take, in this case (2) Move media items ... and then click (3) Go (very important otherwise nothing happens :)). This will effectively move your layout completely to another category.

View attachment 410259

Hope that helps @hoodsmom :)
Thanks Ona! The only thing I would add is that the "select for moderation" box appears only in the gallery view (with everyone else's images) - it doesn't show up if you've already "opened" the LO you want to change. And it's a hidden box - you really have to know you're looking for it to findit.