Oscraps

Canon PowerShot S120

ptabbert

I'm looking at cameras and am interested in the Canon PowerShot S120. Does anyone use one and, if so, could you tell me how you like it? Thanks!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I don't have that camera, but I used to have a Canon Powershot ELPH that I loved. I was sad when it finally bit the dust.
It looks pretty cool!

petey111

I have a Canon SX20. It's older now though. I LOVED it when it came out, but it's showing it's age and I might be getting a new one for Christmas. I have always loved Canons though. Good quality and reliable as far as I'm concerned. I will find out what cameras my Sister-in-law's have because they all got new ones in the past year or so and they have awesome ones.

petey111

Ok...my reconnaissance turned up the following:

SIL 1 - I love her pictures, but she is knowledgeable and knows how to work her camera. She has a Canon T3 or T3i. She wasn't sure which and didn't bring it. The T3i is better than the T3, but also more expensive. Good deals at Walmart and Target on both of those. They both have several combinations of deals that come with a second lens - which my SIL loves having, a bag, and a 32G memory card. Her only complaint is that when the battery is lower, her continuous shooting mode sometimes lags and then catches up. She is thinking about getting an extra battery to take care of that.

SIL 2 - has a Canon Rebel SL1. On the reviews that ties with the T3i. I think I would pick the T3i over it because the SL1 has touch screen buttons and I've had a video camera become unusable because all the controls were on touch screen and the screen went bad. This SIL doesn't have any photography experience and I've never looked at her pics and thought, "Wow!" like I have my other SIL's.

SIL 3- has a Nikkon. It's fine, but I like the quality of the Canons better.

None of that had to do with the model you mentioned! LOL Sorry! But might be good info!

Tamsin

My mother has the entry model Canon and it's 2 years old - less than 100 dollars? Works great for her. She prints out her photos and is perfectly happy with them. Puts lot on her fridge door and they're great.

My DIL is a pro photographer and loves Canon. Advised me to choose Canon over the Panasonic Lumix - which I love and am used to. It's a higher model so not sure this is pertinent to your question but honestly don't think you can go wrong with any reputable brand. Canon is all good. If the specs suit than you won't have a problem.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I tried to take a peek at my SIL's camera yesterday. She has a Canon DSLR too-- a newer/step(s) up from mine. But she had a little Canon with her yesterday. It was a black PowerShot, but I couldn't see the model number. She has a 2 1/2 yo son who is always on the move so it must be easier to use b/c her pics of him are always adorable!