Oscraps

Can you edit an Action is PS?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have an action for resizing psds for the web that is set to 600x600. A lot of places let you upload at 800x800 so I was trying to tweak the one I have to do that. I duplicated the action and then hit Record. I was hoping that I could edit the step that resizes it and then save it as a new action. But I can't seem to get it to work.
Has anyone done this successfully? I am using CS5 if that makes a difference.
:thankyouspin:

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I use PSE
I have an action that also resizes to 600x600 and after running the action I still have to save for web. when saving for web it automatically chooses 600x600 but there is also an option to choose smaller/larger?

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
I have an action for resizing psds for the web that is set to 600x600. A lot of places let you upload at 800x800 so I was trying to tweak the one I have to do that. I duplicated the action and then hit Record. I was hoping that I could edit the step that resizes it and then save it as a new action. But I can't seem to get it to work.
Has anyone done this successfully? I am using CS5 if that makes a difference.
:thankyouspin:
Yes, I think you can. I've got a major project I need to finish, so let me back to you, ok?

*gina*

Yes, you can but I don't know if this is possible in CS5... I use the newest version....
Duplicate your action - open the copy and go to the step where the size is.
Click on the small box left to the size.
action.jpg

Click on width and a window will open where you can change the size.
Hope this helps.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thank you all very much!! Once the action runs to the end, I can't change the pixel size only the overall size. I was clicking those little boxes on and off that Gina showed but darned if I could figure out how to make it actually do what I wanted.
I'm going to take a look at the tutorial that @AnjaPelzer and hope that I can figure it out with all of the info you shared :busy1:

Much appreciated!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
As Gina said, copy the action first and work on the copy in your actions panel. You can rename the copied action — either right-click on its folder name and choose rename, or double-click it and type a new name.

Scroll down to the Image Size section you want to change, click the down area to reveal all steps, and then double-click on the words “image size”. That will open the Image Size dialog box to enter your desired settings. Be sure to enter “72” in the Resolution” box, even if it already says it. That’s it.

Checking or unchecking step boxes perform or skips that step, so don’t change those.