Oscraps

Calendars

Ellen

do any of you make calendars as christmas presents?

yes, I'm thinking that far ahead already and am eagerly awaiting for the 2013 ones to come out..( hint, hint designers)

they are fun to do , I'm always making one for my parents with all the grandchildren and great grandchildren in it

Last edited by a moderator:

CindaA

I have not done them, but want to do one for my grandma this year. There is nothing she really needs and I know she would love a calendar with photos of all her loved ones. Thanks for the reminder - I need to contact my aunts and cousins for photos and everyones birthdays.

Scrappie Irene

I only made a birthday calender for my mom. It turned out really nice and I'm happy it's not for only one year.
But I think it will be fun to have a new calender every year too.

What are you going to do? A page a month? Or a page a week with room to make notes?

Last edited by a moderator:

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I used to make on every year but have been bad the past few years. I think now is a great time to start. I don't always feel like starting from scratch so I often reformat LOs I've made throughout the year.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
I use a really large calendar at home, but love to make CD and bookmark calendars as gifts (hint hint!)

Ellen

I only made a birthday calender for my mom. It turned out really nice and I'm happy it's not for only one year.
But I think it will be fun to have a new calender every year too.

What are you going to do? A page a month? Or a page a week with room to make notes?

I tend to do a page a month with plenty of space to write like this

november-donna.jpg

or like this one in another format

february-edith.jpg

yes the bookmark ones are very populair too

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I make many calendars every year and have loved that Merkee does a Calendar template each year, but sadly she is not able to design right now :sad: Hopefully there will be some new ones from our great Designers here :wink:

abandy

I'm starting to dabble a bit in designing-- but templates are my thing!

What kinds of things are you looking for in a calendar template? Do you like the dates pre-set? Large boxes? Small boxes? Lines to write things? Sizes?

dwsewbiz

I make shutterfly calendars every year, sometimes may of them! I make layouts for the top part then use their pre-made calendar parts.

Two years ago I made a sketches of Europe design for my daughter...last year I picked twelve of her pinterest boards and make them into layouts using the warm & cozy collab.

In other words, another great creative opportunity :)

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
For the past couple of years, I've used Paislee Press & Fei-Fei's Stuff calendar kits ... love, love, LOVE 'um!!!

I'm hoping both Liz & Shaui will be creating new kits for next year too!!!

Ellen

these are very nice Sue if there was more room to scribble in I'd certainly use something like that

lizj

I make three sizes usually: traditional wall size, CD, and a badge calendar using plastic badges from Office Depot. Always looking for good templates!

rsdtmd

I have made calendars the past two years. I usually order them right after the new year since I use pictures from the previous month/year. It is fun to see what we were doing each month from the previous year. I also print extra's for grandparents as birthday gifts since all of their birthdays are in the beginning of the year. Last year I used some landscape templates from biograffiti.

My daughter makes the 4x6 desk calendars for gifts for her aunts, uncles and grandparents. She also used templates from biograffiti.

Ellen

I make three sizes usually: traditional wall size, CD, and a badge calendar using plastic badges from Office Depot. Always looking for good templates!

LIzj what does a badge calender look like? Can you show us one?

Sadly Biograffiti has retired from designing but who knows what our other designers come up with.
smiley-fingertap-gigi.gif

Scrappie Irene

I like the CD size, but there is not much room to scribe on. But it's so handy to have one on my desk I think. Maybe I'll try to make one for 2013.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Irene- I use the CD size for desk to enjoy the photo- I have also given them to my sisters who think I am so amazingly creative- tee hee

snowdropz

I did one for my MIL last year in a 5x7 size and frame them so that every month, she changes it. Told her to keep the frame and I'll do another one for Christmas this year!

sberkan

These are wonderful! I do the Shutterfly calendar thing, too. I make one each year for myself and one for my Mom. I usually just adjust templates to fit the calendar top and use their bottoms. I did one for my grandma's 80th birthday last year and then my Mom had copies printed for each of my aunts & uncles. I like the pages but didn't want that for my calendar so I turned them into an 8.5x11" book for myself!

If you're not tired of PM'ing, Ellen, I'd love the link for that second one, too! :)