Oscraps

Broken Bridge?

SharLamb

Sharron
After hundreds of hours of tagging scrapping products in Bridge, all of a sudden today, none of my searches are turning up ANY results! I've Googled, trying to find an answer, but the question doesn't seem to have come up anywhere. Needless to say I am "this close" to an utter and total emotional breakdown. I have tried resetting (upon opening holding down Cmd/opt/shift. Have also tried clearing the cache, and rebooting.

Any ideas?

I'm on an iMac using PSCC17. I just did the OS upgrade on my Mac. Please tell me it doesn't have anything to do with THAT!

Thanks so much.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Oh dear Sharron I hope that you get this resolved!! I had to totally start from scratch with my iMac when I upgraded the OS a year ago, it did not play nice with my photoshop. I bought my photoshop CS6 and refuse to upgrade and pay so much a month for the newer version, when my CS6 works so well. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that this is not because of the upgrade. :pray:

SharLamb

Sharron
I think I have to "re-index" all my stuff. In otherwords, when I do a search, if I check the box "Include Non-Indexed Files...May be slower," they show up. AARRGGHH. It really does take a long time to reindex the thousands of files, but I guess it has to be done. And yes, all that has changed has been the OS update. Not a happy camper, but way less traumatizing than losing all the work I've done for so many months. I loathe technology. I wish so much I could go back to the technology of 20 years ago. I was perfectly happy before I knew anything about Photoshop or Apple. And I wish PS and Apple would bury the hatchet. Why they won't get along elegantly is beyond me. End of Rant. ;)

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
That's why I had issues too. I'm on Windows 10. I didn't take the time to look into it. It was just frustrating and I started to use the Windows search which is actually quite nice but only if the key word is in the file name and sometimes designers do not name their goodies very well and it's only things like #1 #2 and #3 and nothing about what is the file really (also frustrating lol)
Anyway I don't want to go through this process so I'll just keep making my collections in Bridge and use the Windows search for the rest.