Oscraps

Art and You - April 2024 - A Challenge around Art by ChristineArt

ChristineArt

Designer
Hello!

As spring is beginning and there are flowers everywhere, I suggest you express the emotion of joy.

I'll give you an example, I chose a naive and childish style that I like, to express the profusion of flowers, the renewal of nature and the joy that we feel when we breathe the freshness of spring with a gentle sun.

I took the opportunity to include a drawing of a bunny made by my daughter when she was little and a memory from 2014.
I used elements from different collections.

Challenge constraints are as follows:
- let yourself be guided by your emotions,
- you can include personal sketches, photos of children or adults drawing or painting, photos of flowers, anything that evokes the renewal of nature, Art and joy for you.
- You can use products from any OScraps designer as long as your page contains at least some elements or papers from ChristineArt
- Post your layout in the ChristineArt Designs gallery and then come back here to post your linked layout (see below).
- Share your page here in comments.
- Challenge closed on April 30th 2024.

Choosing the winner:
The winner, the page that most evokes the joy of Spring for me, will receive a $5 coupon to use in my store ChristineArt.
All other participants will receive a 15% discount coupon to be used in my store ChristineArt.

How to add your page link from the gallery to the thread:
- Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon [ little camera ].
- This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the continue button.
- Your linked layout is now in your post; the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Thank you for participating!
xoxo, Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
What a unique and fresh challenge, Christine. I love your example layout! What a cute idea to use the drawing by your daughter.

ChristineArt

Designer
What a unique and fresh challenge, Christine. I love your example layout! What a cute idea to use the drawing by your daughter.
I love children's drawings. Children don't think like us. They draw without asking themselves whether it will be ugly or beautiful. When children are little, they do not seek recognition through perfection. They're having fun, that's all. If they like to draw and paint they do it for pleasure. They play with color, put their fingers in it. And in the end it's always beautiful and it's usually for mom.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I love children's drawings. Children don't think like us. They draw without asking themselves whether it will be ugly or beautiful. When children are little, they do not seek recognition through perfection. They're having fun, that's all. If they like to draw and paint they do it for pleasure. They play with color, put their fingers in it. And in the end it's always beautiful and it's usually for mom.
That's so true! They make true art!

ChristineArt

Designer
Here's the page I did for the challenge. My crepe myrtle actually blooms and gets leaves in Spring. Everything else blooms yaer round. I am always happy when it blooms each spring.

Hello
Thank you for this beautiful page. I didn't know this tree. I went to see other photos. It's a superb tree. You are lucky to be able to see this flower show every year. Thank you for sharing.

ChristineArt

Designer
Spring makes me feel happy and energized, so I used the yoga pose to show that.

Wow!! awesome !! it is superb. I feel the same way, usually after the February school holidays. And my daughter is the same, I notice that she gets better grades in school at this time of year.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Wow!! awesome !! it is superb. I feel the same way, usually after the February school holidays. And my daughter is the same, I notice that she gets better grades in school at this time of year.
I'm SO happy that you like it and that you and your daughter feel the same way. :heartpumpred:

ChristineArt

Designer
Here's my participation in the challenge. I love the singing of birds, especially in the morning when the city is still sleeping and nature is waking up. The flowers at this time have a tenfold fragrance.
Thank you very much Karine. I love the idea of little birds beak to beak, on a flowering branch. Very beautiful and cheerful layout.

ChristineArt

Designer
Hello
Thank you all for your participation. Your pages are very beautiful. Thanks to all CheeryO :heartpumplove: :heartpumplove:
The winner of the coupon is @Pia/Pippin
Congratulations :cheer:, I will send you a PM.
See you soon for the May challenge.
xoxo, chris