Oscraps

Are you short? Do you climb on counters?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Do you poop out at parties?
1668867597078.png

Sorry, my questions made me channel my inner Lucy.
(I wish I had an inner Lucy!!!)

At any rate, are you short and climb on the counters to reach things at the top of your cabinet? I was chatting in the Daily Ooos about how I had to climb on mine yesterday so I could clean up there. This reminded me of a meme on saw on FB. I know there are a few other "fun-sized" friends here and I had to share!
315968189_10161056142602565_4675411245491081918_n.jpg

#devil <~ must be me!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Thanks for the laugh this morning LOL. At 5'4" I have to stand on my toes, reach my arms out and often have to drag a chair or stepstool over to get up at things.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Heck no, I'm 5'9"! I'm always being asked (or offering) to get things off the higher shelves at the grocery store. Also regularly used to hit my head on foldable ceiling-mounted task lighting fixtures at work since everyone would pull them lower.

Having said that, I have been known to climb up on a counter when needed.

Amandajk

Chris you are soooo funny!!! I am actually the tallest of us four girls- at 5'4". I don't climb on counters cos DH built a two step stool for me! :D I have an inner Lucy when I am really tired. It's hard to get me to shut up and stop with all the puns!!! BTW, we need a laughing emoji here--@VickiStegall

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm about 5'4" and I'm the shortest one in the whole family except my eleven-year-old gs. I used to be 5'5" but I'm shrinking. My husband is 6 feet and one of my grandsons is 6'3" or so. I just wait for somebody tall to walk in, if my hubby's not home.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
LOL Chris, you just crack me up! Yes, I'm short and have gotten shorter with age, I'm quite sure. I have a folding three-step utility ladder I use. I don't trust climbing on countertops. I also have very long-handled dusters and items to reach the highest places in my apartment.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@faerywings here ya go Miss Faery, don't say I don't ever do anything for you!!!! 1668994896095.gif
giphy.gif

@AZK I with you Angie, I am around 5' 9" these days, I used to be 5' 10" but I am shrinking! hahhaaaa!!! I am often stopped in the supermarket to get things down from the high shelves too but I am getting my own back, my knees are pretty bad now so I need to ask a short person to get something from the bottom shelf for me when the item is way at the back! hahahahaa!!!!

All my kids are tall, over the 5' 10" with my eldest son topping 6' 2". His wife is a shorty and I remember one Christmas, when my two TALL nephews came to visit (they are both around 6' 4") we were all standing in the kitchen just laughing and talking about something when we hear this little voice say...... "It. Really. Is. Like being in the Land of the Giants!" Poor Mel!!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
@faerywings here ya go Miss Faery, don't say I don't ever do anything for you!!!! View attachment 383867
giphy.gif

@AZK I with you Angie, I am around 5' 9" these days, I used to be 5' 10" but I am shrinking! hahhaaaa!!! I am often stopped in the supermarket to get things down from the high shelves too but I am getting my own back, my knees are pretty bad now so I need to ask a short person to get something from the bottom shelf for me when the item is way at the back! hahahahaa!!!!

All my kids are tall, over the 5' 10" with my eldest son topping 6' 2". His wife is a shorty and I remember one Christmas, when my two TALL nephews came to visit (they are both around 6' 4") we were all standing in the kitchen just laughing and talking about something when we hear this little voice say...... "It. Really. Is. Like being in the Land of the Giants!" Poor Mel!!
Oh my. I walk with a cane so I use that for the top shelf at the grocery, but it doesn't work well for the bottom shelf. Knee replacement didn't fix the issue so I'm sorta stuck, too. I'm the shortest in my household at 5'3". The cane doesn't work at home but a "Justin!" does! My sweet - uh, sometimes not so much - son comes to get what I need. Then again, if he doesn't he has to cook or not eat!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I’m 5’ 6” and my kids call my shorty. My husband and 2 sons are much taller than me, so they think it’s funny if I can’t reach anything on the top shelf
That would be giant in my house! LOL!

My side of the family is very short. I am 4'11' Yup, shrinking too. I tell my family that if I am not careful, I am going to shrink so much no one will be able to find me. My brother is the tallest, he is 5'6".
Gary's (DH) family is tall. His dad, his brother and he are all 5'11" - sadly, my kids got the short genes. Scott is 5'5" and Cait is 5'

They can tease me about being short since no one else is much shorter than them. Even my 11 yo nephew is as tall as me HAHAHA!!!

LSlycord

I am 5'8" and so far haven't shrunk...but it's coming. I have climbed a few counters in my day...no more. I don't want to break a hip. LOL

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
I am 5 ft 1 in, and it is a struggle. I am the one who grabs the ladders from the store and stands on the bottom shelf! DD2 is 5' and DD1 is 5'4". DH is 5'6" so there is not alot of height in the family. My mom was barely 5'

angbrey

I'm 4'8" and I climb everything, everywhere! lol.....
I have truly never wished to be taller. My hubs is 6'1" but I rarely ask him to reach something for me. I like being petite and just get crafty when I need to. I do have a grabber to reach things. Even at the grocery/department store I'll climb up a shelf (or two) to reach something but if I can't then I'll ask someone. I'll usually say to them "If you drop something, or need anything from a bottom shelf just ask me so I can return the favor." ;)