Oscraps

Are you a sketch or template scrapper?

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I was just wondering!! do you prefer a sketch or a template to start a layout? I prefer a good template but only when my mojo is a bit down. What about you?

Last edited:

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I rarely use a template to make a page, only for my ct assignments that include templates I do work with template

tjscraps

I love templates. I would use them for every page, except some kits I use for CT don't lend themselves well to the templates I have. But I like to use them, my scrapping time is limited and it helps.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
I use templates for my CT duties or if I need a layout very quickly. But without mojo it doesn't help either.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I would say 50/50. If I need to get a page done quickly or have no idea how to start, I love them. Sometimes, I use them when I am trying to make a page in a style I don't usually work in, such as clean or heavily clustered.
A lot of times I start with a template and it ends up unrecognizable.
I should use them more often because if you go through my gallery, my page designs look all the same. Is I start to use templates more often, then maybe I can break out of that

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I love templates. I would use them for every page, except some kits I use for CT don't lend themselves well to the templates I have. But I like to use them, my scrapping time is limited and it helps.
I agree, sometimes they are a great helps and there are some gorgeous templates this days.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I would say 50/50. If I need to get a page done quickly or have no idea how to start, I love them. Sometimes, I use them when I am trying to make a page in a style I don't usually work in, such as clean or heavily clustered.
A lot of times I start with a template and it ends up unrecognizable.
I should use them more often because if you go through my gallery, my page designs look all the same. Is I start to use templates more often, then maybe I can break out of that
great point of view, I´m sating to feel the same about my gallery too, LoL.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I use templates from time to time. I think a great template helps me think in new ways.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I usually don't use templates unless they are part of my CT duties to use and show them off. I have used sketches only on rare occasions... I prefer a template to a sketch especially if the sketch has unusual shapes. In those cases, I end up making a template for the sketch and then save it to use later... and save unusual shapes in my shapes folder.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I usually don't use templates unless they are part of my CT duties to use and show them off. I have used sketches only on rare occasions... I prefer a template to a sketch especially if the sketch has unusual shapes. In those cases, I end up making a template for the sketch and then save it to use later... and save unusual shapes in my shapes folder.
That´s a pretty good idea, Kay!! I will keep my sketches in the future.

zanthia

CHEERY O
I prefer template over a sketch but as far as using them or not - it jsut depends . sometimes using a template takes longer than doing a page without it. As mentioned above i am not good in copying unusal shapes so templates is much better for that. what i like about template is that i t does help to make more differnt looks.

Alos love doing scenic/fantasy pages and that doesnt work at all with templates

Kythe

CHEERY O
I rarely use either. I start from scratch 98% of the time. I prefer the freedom of a blank page and an vision of what I want to do starting with either the image or the kit.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I prefer template over a sketch but as far as using them or not - it jsut depends . sometimes using a template takes longer than doing a page without it. As mentioned above i am not good in copying unusal shapes so templates is much better for that. what i like about template is that i t does help to make more differnt looks.

Alos love doing scenic/fantasy pages and that doesnt work at all with templates
So true, Stacey!!

*gina*

CHEERY O
I'm not a template user - for me it takes hours to create a layout with it - also with sketches. So I only need them when requested.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I LOVE templates because they let me get out of my comfort zone and create layouts I never would have thought of... I don't like sketches for some reason, even though they are just a form of scraplifting which is something I enjoy - figuring out HOW to acheive this or that look using my software is fun! And I enjoy the technical side of scrapping: creating shapes, text boxes, playing iwth transparency...